Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• sinburn
    sinburn Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Watching low-level Muscles destroying my Championed characters like they were basic low-level characters.
  • sinburn wrote:
    Watching low-level Muscles destroying my Championed characters like they were basic low-level characters.

Mother in the MPQ universe: " What super hero do you want to be when you grow up?"
    Son: "Super hero? Psh, I'm going to be a Muscle from the Maggia, they are on the news all the time for taking out teams of super heroes everyday."
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Getting two Legendary Drops from Heroic Tokens in one day but having both be for powers I have at 5 and no way to champion the heroes in question

CICPLvSG.gif
    (on the other hand I also got a non useless War Machine Token from a Thick as Thieves token)
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spent 20 CP to get my 6th ProfX blue cover, aargghh. I carefully save some and spend some CP, so this was painful. ProfX is nowhere near championing, so had to sell it.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been running PVE up to progression, 4x everything takes a fair bit of time, but I guess CP is the only way I'll ever progress since the SCL increases seem to be a pittance at best....

So I figure this time: why not 4x everything at the top, and then 2x everything about 12 hours later?

I -barely- top 100'd that way, and it took -way- more time each day than a match three game should require.

PROGRESSION ONLY REWARDS PLEASE.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I've been running PVE up to progression, 4x everything takes a fair bit of time, but I guess CP is the only way I'll ever progress since the SCL increases seem to be a pittance at best....

So I figure this time: why not 4x everything at the top, and then 2x everything about 12 hours later?

I -barely- top 100'd that way, and it took -way- more time each day than a match three game should require.

PROGRESSION ONLY REWARDS PLEASE.

It's draining, isn't it? Especially when you still only scrape into T100.

I've been pushing harder in PVE this month to get more CP for NPN and I have to say, it's taking a lot out of me. Think I might even sit out Sim and focus on PVP for a couple of days, climb up SHIELD for those Strang3 covers or something.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,155 Chairperson of the Boards
    Final node in the Simulator 3, with Moon Knight, Power Man, and 3-star Dr Strange all at LVL 266. I use Jean Grey, Scarlet Witch, and 4-star Wolverine. Moon Knight's random power gives his Attack tiles every time he matches black. Only one of his first five matches is black, so that's good. The other four matches are green, so that's bad. He Moonsilver Blades Scarlet Witch for 11K on turn 5, and down she goes. A few turns and several black matches later, out comes the Fist of Konshu to take down Wolverine.

Fortunately, Jean Grey is *completely* broken when champed and boosted. Eventually, I get 12 green and 10 purple. Full of Surprises for 6800, Mind over Matter for 7800, and I get my 3500 ISO.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    1. Carnage as an essential for a seven-day event.

2. The Carnage node in sub 1 of said event pits you against two goons (Lieutenant and Spy) with cheap powers, so it's non-stop animation followed by slooow fist crawl. I used zero health packs on the rest of the sub, and nine on that node.

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, during Hearts of Darkness I received the two IM40 progression covers, but I can't use them! My next champ reward on IM40 is a blueflag.png Hulkbuster cover... but my Hulkbuster is...

4 redflag.png / 3 blackflag.png / 5 blueflag.png (Level 70)

I really want to champ HB before I have to cash in that cover. Now, I'm at 61 CP and 111k ISO so maybe if I sit on those IM40 covers for 13 days, and then sit on the HB champ reward for 13 days, I can get enough CP to buy one more HB cover, champ him, and not waste anything. (Or luck into another HB cover - yeah right.)

Grrrr. Sometimes this game is a puzzle even when you're not playing.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    icon_eek.gif In the iron man essential wave node, having a board so incredibly low on yellow, I never managed to get him above 5 yellow AP, despite there being 4 waves.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    fanghoul wrote:
    :shock: In the iron man essential wave node, having a board so incredibly low on yellow, I never managed to get him above 5 yellow AP, despite there being 4 waves.
    I managed six yellow in the first wave every time so that is rough luck
    closest thing I had to "worst was X-23 and Daken both downed...third character was patch and I had 15 Red against two enemies ("Best There is" was overkill against a a Muscle and the other enemy went down pretty quickly too)
  • SnowcaTT
    PVP/PVE ended basically same time AGAIN..... icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    sambrookjm wrote:
    Final node in the Simulator 3, with Moon Knight, Power Man, and 3-star Dr Strange all at LVL 266. I use Jean Grey, Scarlet Witch, and 4-star Wolverine. Moon Knight's random power gives his Attack tiles every time he matches black. Only one of his first five matches is black, so that's good. The other four matches are green, so that's bad. He Moonsilver Blades Scarlet Witch for 11K on turn 5, and down she goes. A few turns and several black matches later, out comes the Fist of Konshu to take down Wolverine.

Fortunately, Jean Grey is *completely* broken when champed and boosted. Eventually, I get 12 green and 10 purple. Full of Surprises for 6800, Mind over Matter for 7800, and I get my 3500 ISO.

I read that as an inspirational 'pulled myself out of the fire' story, I am familiar with that sinking feeling of being the victim of Moon Knight's nukes.

My own worst is carefully playing and shielding at 841 in PVP waiting for my health packs to replenish to 10, carefully picking out my next three matches (all above 30 points each).....then playing the next match as fast as I could only to be hit for -120 points in the time it took me to play icon_e_sad.gif
  • doomette
    doomette Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Moonstone with a red feeder is a terrible thing.
  • SnowcaTT
    After Carnage animations were fixed, you think they'd learn.

Hey Devs...here's a tip for animations...why not take any character and pair them with Carnage and a fast ability character (IF or Ant-man or the like), see what happens.

The loaner node took FOREVER today.

Time to fix Medusa animations already!!!
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Grinding for four days and getting the event token. Lot of health packs used. Lot of headaches. What do I get as a result? Two star Bullseye. Thanks.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    StarScream wrote:
    Grinding for four days and getting the event token. Lot of health packs used. Lot of headaches. What do I get as a result? Two star Bullseye. Thanks.

Personally, I think that reward should be changed to a 5 or 10 token pack and 1250 iso should changed to 5000 iso and the 15 cp needs to be 25 cp again. It makes zero sense that the final rewards are so bad.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Grinding the end of sub 3, 20 mins remaining, 2 nodes left, phone which is plugged into a charger dies without warning. Good bye T10, Good bye MK black cover needed to complete and champ him
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I really like using Doc Oc's Insult to Injury passive. Doc Oc was one of the first essential characters in PvE when I joined, and for some reason using him in the loaner up node made a great impression.

Anyway, with him boosted, and Carnage standing in opposition, it seems like an opportunity to use some of my favorite Doc Oc powers. Except tiny kitten Carnage was tiny kitten determined to tiny kittening match away his own tiny kitten attack tiles every single tiny kitten turn.

Thanks, Carnage. That was fun.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Forgot to update the app on my phone after updating it on my tablet. Had the horrifying experience of seeing all the work I had put in during the day rolled back on my phone with all the tokens I had pulled gone from my stash but none of the covers available in my queue. Skipped a couple of lightning rounds since I wasn't sure if I would have to submit a ticket to CS and didn't want to muck anything up any further.

Got home turned on the tablet and was relieved to see all the rewards were back on the tablet. Shortly after realized that I hadn't updated the phone app and did so and viola everything was synced back up between the devices. I guess this could go in either worst moment of the day or best moment of the day but since I was kinda peeved about missing out on those sweet heroic lightning rounds I posted here.