Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    You must have to spend a lot of money to avoid the constant cascades, every other match regardless of team the AI gets super cascades every other turn so I lose someone every turn 6, what a joke. Good job D3, you convinced me to not ever spend money on this game again. I appreciate the warning. So tired of cascades to exactly what AI needs and the exact combo to remove all my special tiles in a turn or 2.
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Literally every 3rd match is auto lose, please explain to me how that is fun. Come on devs I know you are precious snowflakes but please explain to me how auto losing a match is fun. You claim you want us to have fun, but your game says otherwise. every 3rd match tonight no matter what has been an auto loss. I am so not ever spending money on this game again. PVP especially is such a joke.
  • reaching my best season score...13k
    and only #94 in placement
    ._.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Have a 5-2-5 Sentry. Got another yellow today with 2 already in queue set to expire. Decided to bite the bullet and spend 20 CP (on Sentry, shudder) to max cover, then another 110K Iso (on Sentry, retch) to champ him. At least I got a legendary token now, let's see... Oh. Carnage. The one 4* I sold twice to make room for a better one.

I have never felt so dirty playing this game, wasting so much resources on such **** icon_e_sad.gif

I know, long game, champ rewards, future investment, Moon Knight covers, but still.
  • jerrymol1
    jerrymol1 Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Worst moment. Playing PVE: Deadpool vs. MPQ for the new Captain Marvel 4*. Grinding to try and at least place top 20 to get 2 covers when all of a sudden my team disappears and gets replaced by my alliance partners team. Team is gone. Placement is out the window. Now have to wait and see what the Devs will do to help with my case. I have had to deal with strange glitches and bugs but this one was never expected.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Have a 5-2-5 Sentry. Got another yellow today with 2 already in queue set to expire. Decided to bite the bullet and spend 20 CP (on Sentry, shudder) to max cover, then another 110K Iso (on Sentry, retch) to champ him. At least I got a legendary token now, let's see... Oh. Carnage. The one 4* I sold twice to make room for a better one.

I have never felt so dirty playing this game, wasting so much resources on such **** icon_e_sad.gif

I know, long game, champ rewards, future investment, Moon Knight covers, but still.
    Personally I have grown to kind of like Sentry lately. He actually works decently with Star-Lord because of all the CD tiles he makes on top of Sentry's strong strike tile. Add a 3rd player that makes more strikes and/or gives health bursts and he's playable.
    Humorously, now that I have Thanos in 3* and 5* form, Sentry becomes more useful simply because, who from your roster would you least regret if he got blasted by more team-damage? ha
    Definitely good point about champ rewards earning Moon Knight covers.

On to the reality thread: Pulled an Ant-Man cover again, could it finally be a purple? Nope. Now 0/7/6.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    To realize that a score of 47.5k points in Deadpool-PVE isn't enough to get a Top 10 placement. icon_neutral.gif
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tried the hardest I've ever tried to get at least T10 in a new release event and missed out on T10 by 1500 points. icon_mad.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo wrote:
    Tried the hardest I've ever tried to get at least T10 in a new release event and missed out on T10 by 1500 points. icon_mad.gif
    Not to be mean or anything, but 1500 in an event with two two day subs is a gigantic margin.

For comparison, my T20 ranges from 48170 for 1st to 47541 for 20th - a mere 650 point difference.
  • Kross
    Kross Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Worst Moment from Winter Vacation.

Used enough CP to get 26 Classic Legends Tokens, and out of those 26 pulls I got one 5 star cover.

That was pretty depressing.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Missing out on the new Captain Marvel by a few hundred points icon_e_sad.gif
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    DarthDeVo wrote:
    Not to be mean or anything, but 1500 in an event with two two day subs is a gigantic margin.

For comparison, my T20 ranges from 48170 for 1st to 47541 for 20th - a mere 650 point difference.

I was 13 and I missed T10 just by 250 points! So yeah, 1500 is A LOT in a 4 day 2 subs event.

This is what happens when you have to play too early by the end of the first sub (4h instead of 1h30), that you miss T10 by 250 points. But it is ok, I will get the black cover in this Heroic tournament, not a big deal.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    I need icon_kingpin.pngblacktile.png cover. I saw it is in the current taco vault so decided to try it. Used 156 taco tokens and still didn't get it... 2 more days to go...
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Buy 40 pack and a 10 pack and a few singles of the 4* Cap marvel Tokens and get 0 of her covers.

Last time I spend HP on a token pack. I got a mr fantastic and a Kingpin which I cannot use both.
  • DarthDeVo
    Polares wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    DarthDeVo wrote:

I was 13 and I missed T10 just by 250 points! So yeah, 1500 is A LOT in a 4 day 2 subs event.

This is what happens when you have to play too early by the end of the first sub (4h instead of 1h30), that you miss T10 by 250 points. But it is ok, I will get the black cover in this Heroic tournament, not a big deal.

I realize 1500 is a substantial margin. The point is, I tried to play as optimally as I could. Starting the sub as soon as I could, grinding most nodes down to one point, etc. There were a number of times where I was sitting in first place overall, for each sub and the overall event.

And yet for all that work, 15th place and missing out on T10 by 1500 points was THE BEST I could muster. At best, I could have added maybe 500 points because there were a few nodes I hadn't ground to one point.

There's been times I missed out on T10 by a couple hundred points, and that's when I've been putting in a standard amount of work (clearing reach node six times, but not beyond). I know new release events are cutthroat, but I thought I had a shot at T10. I was wrong. And that's why it was my worst moment.
  • royalflush95
    royalflush95 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Heroics, I know there's a lot of comments hating Heroics but I've never hated an Heroic event as this Dark Avengers. Reason: joined in first sub when 3 1/2 hours remained, I was #45. I thought: "Hey, I'll have a shot to an easy top 10, 'cause who would play hard for Charles and Sentry?" Result: Thanks to these powerful 3 star.png championed I have available for this event icon_colossus_new.png and icon_mystique.png plus icon_humantorch.png essential and no usable 4 star.png, it took me all 3 1/2 hours to complete almost every node only 4 times. Third sub just started and with no health packs and #10 with 2K points ahead of me I don't see how can I reduce that advantage. Bye Charles and winfinity.
  • DarthDeVo
    I decided to crack my hoard of 90 Savory Taco Tokens since the Moon Knight cover was the purple one I lacked. My random 4* is Drax, who I could also use. Hood and Doc Ock are two of my lesser covered 3*s, so I was counting on getting a few of their covers. And I need some 2*s for my farm to rechamp in order to clear out some dupes in my queue.

In 92 pulls (after Friday's DDQ) I didn't pull either 4* or the LT, not enough of the 2* covers I needed to champ the characters I needed, no Doc Ock covers and pulled precisely one Hood cover.

I pulled 80 Sweet Taco Tokens a few weeks ago, and well before I got to the end of that hoard, I had pulled both 4*s and the LT, so I thought I had a chance of getting at least MK with 90 pulls. I guess I was wrong. RNG is a fickle mistress.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Totally forgetting the Riri release PVE started last night for me and only realising while on my way to work. Didn't have enough time to clear on my way to work, so I decided to start after the 2nd sub has started. Hopefully by then I get a nice bracket for top 100.
  • DarthDeVo
    Was grinding to get T10 for a Wasp blue cover to go with the black I already have, so that when I get her yellow through progression in the current PvE I would have at least one of each color.

Someone swooped in with less than 5 minutes to go before the event ended to bump me to 11th place, which is where I ended up. I couldn't do anything but watch. Missed the blue cover by about 250 points or so.

EDIT: My math was off. If I would have had 150 more points, I would have hit T10. Should have hit a few more nodes in some of the earlier subs for extra points.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Starting Deadpool PVP, in which I'll start to see OML everywhere again.

I cannot tell you how many times in the last few days I saw the phrase "This event takes SO MANY HEALTHPACKS!".

Yep, I'm sure it does. In fact, I know it does...because that is EVERY SINGLE EVENT FOR ME. Welcome to the non-OML world. OML still incredibly broken for this reason alone - he should not have true healing. Take that away and you wouldn't see him everywhere, and it wouldn't be a have OML (run PVE/PVP practically as long as you want) or don't have OML (ha ha, good luck sucker!) game.