Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Man, I saw Red/Purple Rhulk in my vault today. Grabbed the 12th Rhulk last week through 3* Thor championing, need either other cover still, let's go get that last one! I have 160 Tacos, about a 50/50 chance right? So now, you can read a SLEW of Worst Moments.

1) Did not pull one of those two Rhulks (or any top reward) through 160 Tacos.
    2) Did pull 135 Health Packs. Um, horray? Horray if I could sell them for ISO....
    3) Pulled multiple Psylocke.
    4) Felt the need to not waste #3, maxed/championed Psy.
    5) Used all of the ISO received from emptying this vault (including cover sales) to max that Psy.
    6) To receive a XF cover (at least I could champ it, I guess. Not any kind of "win" though).
    7) Tons of Falcon/Bullseye/Beast/Captain. None of these matter outside of PVE, which is the pits anyway.
    8) 3* did give me enough CP through championing to buy a 20CP LT - for a Jean cover (at least I could champ it, I guess. Not any kind of "win" though)
    9) Opened token #60 or so...and the game crashed. Bets that this was one of the top reward tokens?
    10) Used all the HP gained from emptying this vault to buy a ten-pack and try again.

....yes, that ten-pack got me one of the Rhulks (Red...so 13 covers 4/5/4 will need re-spec if I can ever find the ISO to max him.) Net gain from 170 tacos: zero ISO (all went into Psy), zero HP (all went into another try), zero helpful from two LT's, one RHulk (now I need 300K ISO to max him I think?), and 135 health packs. That one little "win" after all the "Worst" doesn't cancel out the overall bad-taste of this experience in my mouth.

And this is when I have 210 tokens and need 3 Rhulks (two in the vault). I think I will wait a bit longer.
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Missing the seed times two times in a row by a minute icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
  • justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    tizian2015 wrote:
    Missing the seed times two times in a row by a minute icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
    I hate that so much. Especially when there are times I'll join like an hour late and get some seed teams. What are the rules?
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    tizian2015 wrote:
    I hate that so much. Especially when there are times I'll join like an hour late and get some seed teams. What are the rules?

Sadly there are no rules. Just whether RNGesus loves you at the moment or not.
  • JohnnyBlood
    JohnnyBlood Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Have a lvl 235 4*Thor boosted to 313 for the Divine Champions PVP, thought I'd make my first serious run at the 1K progression mark to try to get my 4th Iceman Blue. Made it to 900 and shielded. Had enough points lined up in fights to reach the 1K mark, did two fights only to be immediately knocked back down to 732 points. "Tinykitty!"
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    icon_carnage.pngredflag.png from a Classic Legendary pack. Frak. I'm glad to have Carnage for when I need him but I'd rather have just about anything else. #firstworldpuzzlequestproblems.
  • MeatLoafX
    MeatLoafX Posts: 74
    Wiped out wave one both times in the DDQ... Those symbiotes wee doing 1500 damage on turn 3 or 4. I can't compete.

Opened the two taco tokens... Two star cap and moonstone... I think I would have preferred a health pack!
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Had to sell some rare covers about to expire, because I didn't have the ISO to champion my characters.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Turned on PC ten minutes before first LR of the day I could hit.

Windows update....took eleven minutes.

And seed teams don't exist when you open app one minute after the hour.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Story of my current pvp experience:
    Past 800, hits 1 guy for x points, hits 2nd guy and wins while losing a defensive fight. Still a net gain, shields up for 3 hours.

Unshields after a while, hits a dude for x points, hits 2nd guy and wins while losing a defensive fight. Still a net gain, shields up for 8 hours.

Repeat the above 2 processes 3 times, and im still at 960. I know my current team of IM40 and switch is basically bait for everyone else, but that's the fastest team i can think of, since my only viable 4* is hb which isnt exactly quick against boosted 4hors.

Still, the one good thing I can take away from this is that it's still cheaper than the 2500 HP needed to buy a single cover in the old system lol. If it's not for a jean cover that i really need i wouldn't even have bothered.

EDIT: ok i tinykittied up. I broke shield in the hopes i could hit 2 quick ones for 40 before someone hit me. After i finished my first fight i was at negative points. Continued trying but kept losing more and more. Now at 800 and im not going to continue. A total of 675 HP lost from shields without any reward. Until i manage to fully cover a jean, iceman or 4hor solely from token drops i'm not at a level to compete at the top of PVP.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Watching enough **** cascades go against me in a PVP match vs IM40 & QS that I got to eat Unibeam, Ballistic Salvo, and Fists of Fury on the same turn, even though IM40 never ONCE got his Recharge off! And then a Supersonic AOE the turn after that for good measure! icon_evil.gif

I finally retreated when IM40 got 16 more blue which would've finished me off.

I got to fire Reality Crush once, and that was it for me the entire match. Ridiculous.
  • Krongle
    Krongle Posts: 73 Match Maker
    I was shielded at 996 points in the LCap PVP, and then I forgot to do the last battle to secure the Jean Grey cover. Gosh dorn it.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    metallion wrote:
    St
    Repeat the above 2 processes 3 times, and im still at 960. I know my current team of IM40 and switch is basically bait for everyone else, but that's the fastest team i can think of....

EDIT: ok i tinykittied up. I broke shield in the hopes i could hit 2 quick ones for 40 before someone hit me. After i finished my first fight i was at negative points.

When I'm that close and know I need to be quick, as my team will be a big target, and I really want that cover, I go +2b/p, +2 all, Deadpool and Scarlet Witch, and drop a super whale on them. Boosted or not, they've crossed the finishing line plenty of times for me. Great for Gauntlet, better for this.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    clumsy entered the wrong slice for pve. kicking myself.
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Barely squeezed by today's Crash with my 0/1/2 Howard on the 6th or 7th attempt. The node rewards Howard's green cover, which admittedly would've been a tremendous boon in this node. Beforehand I had splurged 30 stockpiled Taco tokens trying to get the green in the Taco vault to no avail.

As a little victory reward I decided to go through ten or twenty more tokens for the fun of it. Very first token was Howard's green.

Probably one of the biggest proverbial middle fingers RNGesus has ever bestowed upon me. (Yeah, getting 2 Howard covers in the span of 2 minutes is definitely something that others would say belongs in the Best of the day thread, but the circumstances around it just felt wrong.)
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got a heroic token from the season progression, out of which I pull a purple Fury to make him 5/3/5. GREAT, now ANOTHER 4* I potentially have to max out, since my GSBW is sitting at 182 and her next level rewards ("rewards") a Fury, WHY DOES THIS GAME CHEAT. icon_razz.gif
  • MeatLoafX
    MeatLoafX Posts: 74
    Finding all of my pvp queues filled with teams sporting a five star character. I'm firmly in two star land with no five stars and only a few four stars that are leveled and one or two covers at most. Sorry, not digging taking my two stars up against a surfer or OML...

On the upside, since I have no winnable matches I can take some time off. icon_cry.gif
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    The new PVP matchmaking system is frustrating in one area: SHIELD Sim. I'm hovering near 1200 points, and every match now is basically a dead-even fight that can go wrong in a hurry. A quick yellow cascade powers an enemy IM40 recharge. Enemy She-Hulk casts about 5 Furious Charges during a match, denying me any bit of AP I can muster. Another cascade sets IF up for two consecutive purples, the first causing a big black cascade, so that the second on the next turn hits for 4K+; and he precedes that with his green of course, just so it hits even harder.

The last 4 matches I've played, I've won 3, lost 1 outright, but all 3 wins have resulted in a crippled team, sometimes with a casualty, and needing 3 health packs or hours on the shelf.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    over the weekend, my pvp push needed a 5-pk of healthpacks. no problem. I keep tacos just for that. 18 tacos later I finally pull the healthpacks. I think that's the most its ever taken me. sooo frustrating.
  • Square-Chopper
    Square-Chopper Posts: 54 Match Maker
    I got bored waiting for PvP shields to refresh so decided to farm 1cp from the "new and improved" PvE test, which I've actively been avoiding playing. 6th try.