Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I opened 50 Standard tokens and the only one I could use for anything except iso8.png was a icon_humantorch.png --and that's only because he's required in the current event.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    The big enchilada was beyond insane today, are devs really that much against progression?
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    smkspy wrote:
    The big enchilada was beyond insane today, are devs really that much against progression?

Really? I thought today was rather easy compared to the previous two days.

Different players, different rosters, and (I'm sure) different gem drops.

I'm sorry you had a hard time.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm away for the weekend to a place with limited mobile reception, so was planning on leaving Venom Bomb to attempt a late bracket snipe. I go to enter Starflower to try for 300, and it only tiny kitty opens up Venom Bomb.
    Some what miffed. I'll away put in a bug report as that's a new one for me.
  • Carpark
    Carpark Posts: 15
    I hate yellowflag.png covers, or perhaps they hate me... My last 3 LT draws have been yellowflag.pngicon_nova.png , yellowflag.pngicon_spidergwen.png and yellowflag.pngicon_professorx.png. Except, my icon_professorx.png is 1/1/5 already. icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Carpark wrote:
    I hate yellowflag.png covers, or perhaps they hate me... My last 3 LT draws have been yellowflag.pngicon_nova.png , yellowflag.pngicon_spidergwen.png and yellowflag.pngicon_professorx.png. Except, my icon_professorx.png is 1/1/5 already. icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif

damn. my prof x is 5/3/0 i wish i could trade you a cover. i got my 6th blue turd hulk the other day. you want that one, right?
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Opening the bonus 3 eots-tokens and i got:
    2* CapMarvel
    and
    2* CapMarvel
    and
    2* CapMarvel

• jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Calculating the amount of Uiso i need. 300k....
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I knew it was going to happen eventually. Day 131 and in the 2* to 3* transition. Pulled my 6th yellow cover for 4* Sam Wilson Captain America. He's at 5/0/1 and one of my most covered 4*, tied with my 2/2/2 Hulkbuster, 2/3/1 Antman and 3/2/1 X23. A lot of them only have 1 or 2 covers.

20 CP down the drain. So frustrating. I got a yellow Starlord from a Venom Bomb heroic token earlier today so this must be MPQ karma letting me know that all good luck will get balanced by bad luck.

Edit: Kingpin black from today's Venom Bomb heroic token. Maybe the good moments can offset the bad ones and I shouldn't be complaining.
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Downed practically my entire roster on the final node of Venom Bomb. Finally beat it (with Rhulk, 4* Cyclops, and Mr. Fantastic who died four turns in). My reward? Critical boosts. icon_e_sad.gif
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    HaywireII wrote:
    Seeing the fifth yellow Patch cover that I need as the 101-200 placement reward when I already know I'm going to go top 100. With my luck the progression reward in the next PvE will be another green one that I can sell instead of the red one. I think I've sold 3 already and have another one in my queue.

So this one worked out. Progression reward is a red cover but I already max covered him because I was able to get a yellow from Starfall PvP. The green cover has 3.5 days left on it and I only need 30,000 more to max level and champion him.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled three LT's this morning, two from CP and another from DDQ.

MrF (13 covers...but of the worst 4* out there. No way I'm sinking ISO into this to champion)
    IW (Another one with 13 covers but no way I'm sinking ISO into it).
    HB (at least I can champ it, I guess).

Have been waiting for months for a 12th Thing/DPXF/RHulk - the last three rewards for those three are the only covers that I have five of, so they haven't been advanced. Have barely seen any of the new characters, but reliably get more of those terrible 4*'s.

Really wish D3 would fix some of their characters to not be so useless, so we could feel good about maxing/champing them.

Really wish D3 would fix their ISO rate, so we could actually max the characters.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Returned too late from my travel and I have no way of reaching the Thor progression reward in Venom Bomb. During my trip I also missed some DPD 3stars that I needed. And lots of tokens, of course.
    Well, I guess I can try joining Venom Bomb at the last hour and get me a couple covers. That method still works, right?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got enough CP to do 2 - 20 CP LT pulls.

Pulled purpleflag.pngicon_nickfury.png - he's cover maxed and a million miles away from being maxed. SOLD!
    Pulled yellowflag.pngicon_cyclops.png - Nice! This makes him 4/2/3 and I had enough iso to push him up to 188 (as high as he can go with 9 covers) and allowed me to beat Hulk Buster on the 6th try! Yay!

Beat Hulkbuster on 6th try, got my LT... pulled it... and...

purpleflag.pngicon_nickfury.png ... icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
  • MeatLoafX
    MeatLoafX Posts: 74
    Really want to place top 50 in this pve event because of the Daredevil covers. I roster the punisher max for the event for better odds... Bought a hero points pack for first time ever to increase the roster space...

I didn't even make it through one clear and my entire playable roster is. downed. icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif

Head butt, head butt, head butt... Devour.

Sigh....
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man, I saw Red/Purple Rhulk in my vault today. Grabbed the 12th Rhulk last week through 3* Thor championing, need either other cover still, let's go get that last one! I have 160 Tacos, about a 50/50 chance right? So now, you can read a SLEW of Worst Moments.

1) Did not pull one of those two Rhulks (or any top reward) through 160 Tacos.
    2) Did pull 135 Health Packs. Um, horray? Horray if I could sell them for ISO....
    3) Pulled multiple Psylocke.
    4) Felt the need to not waste #3, maxed/championed Psy.
    5) Used all of the ISO received from emptying this vault (including cover sales) to max that Psy.
    6) To receive a XF cover (at least I could champ it, I guess. Not any kind of "win" though).
    7) Tons of Falcon/Bullseye/Beast/Captain. None of these matter outside of PVE, which is the pits anyway.
    8) 3* did give me enough CP through championing to buy a 20CP LT - for a Jean cover (at least I could champ it, I guess. Not any kind of "win" though)
    9) Opened token #60 or so...and the game crashed. Bets that this was one of the top reward tokens?
    10) Used all the HP gained from emptying this vault to buy a ten-pack and try again.

....yes, that ten-pack got me one of the Rhulks (Red...so 13 covers 4/5/4 will need re-spec if I can ever find the ISO to max him.) Net gain from 170 tacos: zero ISO (all went into Psy), zero HP (all went into another try), zero helpful from two LT's, one RHulk (now I need 300K ISO to max him I think?), and 135 health packs. That one little "win" after all the "Worst" doesn't cancel out the overall bad-taste of this experience in my mouth.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel for you. This is why I don't hoard tokens.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree. I stopped strategizing the taco vaults long ago. tacos = healthpacks when I need them (last night I need two 5-pks and used 7 tacos to get them). anything else is just extra. sorry to heat that snow - but reinforces that I shouldn't be targeting vaults like that.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    No PVE starting/ending times that I'm not at work or sleeping now that the hours changed there and here.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    App spontaneously quit not one, not two, but THREE times on me this morning... the first two at the start of a match before any moves could be made, as usual, and the third mind-bogglingly after I fire a sniper rifle just a few turns from finishing the fight with Charlie's Angels, instead costing me the battle. Seems fair.