Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I opened my seasonal heroic 10-pack tonight. Four two-stars and one three-star storm. That's my fourth 10-pack in a row without a single 4-star. Also, six Galactus tokens = six 2-stars.

On the bright side, a legendary token yielded a red cyclops, so at least it wasn't a complete pile of stink.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I was reminded tonight that killer cascades can make any team deadly . I lost to a freaking cupcake team tonight in the Nova PVP. To be fair, it was against champed Ares and OBW. They destroyed my Jeanbuster after getting a multiple match 5 cascade after nova popped JG into the air.

Beware the killer cupcakes! icon_lol.gif
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Forgot about the Nova PVP, joined last minute, and ended up 300 or so with 200 points.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Drawing the LT from the vault on my second token pull - token produces Elektra
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    The part I don't understand about your story is when you say that you think that your team as you describe it couldn't compete with 240 level teams. I faced the same kind of opponents and worse (including 350 4*s, for example) with my (pre-buffs) 150 DP and 160 Daken plus 200 X-Force. I got 880 points and I'd likely would have been able to push for a 1000 if the end of my PVE slice wasn't happening around the same time.

Sure, you got a really bad cascade and got screwed. That happened to me too a few times, but that's the reason why you start early in PVP and play sporadically rather than a desperate rush at the end.

Back to the topic, my worst moment of the day was in the Daken + Blade node in PVE, Blade got an early lucky board with lots of red. Worse, even, the red tiles were distributed in a way I couldn't match them away, so he kept accruing strike tiles (helped by Daken) and even more red tiles rained and I still was unable to match them away. Got as bad as having 14 red tiles with strike tiles on them and not a single one was able to be matched. My guys HP was being eaten away, but I was holding... then the AI gets a lucky cascade that gives it 5 purple and Blade uses Keep Your Enemies Closer. Yay for over 3k damage per turn. The worst thing was realising that I was so thoroughly owned by a team of 156 level guys, when I had easily been defeating level 300 guys in the other nodes all day.
    Yep, when the board wants to screw you, you learn that luck can mean more than levels some times. Gets so discouraging some times.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Oh I had my Iron man 40 at the perfect 5/5/2 set up. I sold my two yellow covers I got randomly recently and the next day, they announce changes to Iron Man 40, where more yellow is actually good.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mystery Whale granted our alliance 7 CP, bringing me over the magic 20 threshold. As I have no patience, I immediately bought the 20-CP legendary, and got a Red Hulk! Purple, to be exact! Now he is...

0/0/4!
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    My first move of 3 AP (aka the only move on the board) vs their 70 AP first move...

http://imgur.com/Kx02bJv

Seems fair >.>
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    managed to hit my 100th Heroic token in a row without even a 3*, never mind a 4*
  • sitting on 15 Ares for 2 weeks while trying everything just to get enough covers for other 2*s to catch up to where he is now, resorted to spending ISO on STs, loads of 1*s everywhere 3* .... loads of 1s later and 2* symbol pops.. Ares...... 2 weeks of doing this and 3*s get more covers than the 2s.... still sitting on 18 Ares.......
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    The heavy metal PvP gave me enough icon_shehulk.png covers to actually give me my first 4* cover from a 3* champion. Unfortunately it is the Totally awful icon_hulkcho.png so I haven't used that final cover yet. I'm going to wait until I can open another LT and hope redeeming that cover will throw RNGesus off a bit.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I ate the good old first turn hell cascade in SHIELD Sim this morning. A perfectly winnable fight, ruined by the AI getting a stockpile of about 60 AP on its very first move. Might even have been more, I dunno, I should've screenshotted it. I ate at least 6 abilities by turn 3 and bailed. I was way too deep in the hole for both HP and AP to salvage it.
  • AsylumTKJ
    AsylumTKJ Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Esheris wrote:
    My first move of 3 AP (aka the only move on the board) vs their 70 AP first move...

http://imgur.com/Kx02bJv

Seems fair >.>

How did this batlle finish? icon_cool.gif
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    It's really minor things that aggrevates me.

Like now with the removal of 20 iso8.png, I really despise redcrit.png boost(s) rewards, even though it's 1/7 chance in earning it.

The other one is drawing from (primarily DDQ) vault(s) +5 healthpack.png packs (yesterday I drew them back to back) icon_rolleyes.gif

Granted all these have their uses, but I feel frustrated as I'd prefer iso8.png (since I'm at star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png transition & Championing them, every iso8.png is like gold dust to me) or covers than these TBH.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Personally, I wait until I have 50 Standard tokens before turning them in. Even then, I only open them until I find a star.pngstar.pngstar.png and then stop. This actually happens fairly often. I hit fifty today and started opening--and opening---and opening. I opened all fifty and not only didn't find a star.pngstar.pngstar.png but didn't even receive a star.pngstar.png for any of my four Champions. Ouch.

I already have to more Standard tokens, though. Two down and forty eight to go! icon_e_smile.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled a 5*! Wait, this is Worst thread. Oh right, pulled blue SS...now 5/0/0. Completely unplayable, and very likely will be tossing out a bunch more blues for him well before I get thirteen covers.

Eerily similar to my 1/5/1 Phoenix. Boo, RNG, BOOOO!
  • Sneezing while making my first move of a match... tile goes the wrong way for 3ap instead of the match 5 I wanted. AI jumps on it getting massive cascade.

Did manage to win but only by the skin of my teeth. I person left with only a couple hundred hit points at the end. Guess a win is a win, but I'd rather have saved those health packs for a couple matches down the road.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Grinding Heroic PVE....
    For ISO to champion Colossus...
    To pull an un-usable 4* cover.

This was a miserable experience for each of those steps.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Mystique in the "easy" Magneto essential node cascades herself to victory in five turns completely obliterating my team. Pink and Black tiles everywhere and I lost a character each turn to a one shot master plan starting on turn 3.

This game is a game of skill ..... except when it isn't.
  • Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    ^ This

She did this to me twice. Both times within the first three moves. Thanks Obam... I mean, Thanks MPQ!