Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• mr_X wrote:
    Easy one today or last night to be exact. 970 in starfall PvP and find a target which would get me over the line. Try to shield check but no luck. Give ten minutes and then hit. Win for 15pts.

Fight another fight and get a hit for50pts. Score board says 1019 but hit deducted before cover rewarded. Probably a familiar story. Pity they did not award progression before deducting loses and then it would not have been so bad. Only wanted the cover and was going to freefall anyway.

Yep. I'd guess many if not most on the forum have experienced this one. Was honestly the closest I've come to holding down the MPQ icon, waiting for the black x, punching it, and selecting "remove from Gamecenter."

In a game offering many less-than-awesome moments to choose from, that is easily one of my top 3.

DBC
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Playing easier said than done node on the PVE Sub trying to get that command point
    1/4 rewards earned after 10 plays and now its at 1 point.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Basically every time I open a Legendary Pack, 71% chance drawing a needed character, yet most of my pulls have been 1k iso8.png
  • MrMadeULook
    Options
    Realizing I have a icon_silversurfer.pngblueflag.png sitting in my cache and waiting till the last possible second to roster him so it doesn't mess up my scaling. Release the patch already with the scaling fix!! icon_neutral.gif
  • Out of all the possibilities, there were exactly TWO cards I didn't want to get when I opened my latest LT, OML & 5*JG. I couldn't help myself anymore, so I opened it...

OML. Out of HOW MANY possible options? Give me the XFWs no one apparently wants, give me the IWs, the 3 Thing Greens in a row, heck, give me a freaking Carnage or MF I could just sell without much anxiety, but nooo.

I would describe what happened to my PvE scaling in the middle of an event I happened to be doing well at, despite the already existing scaling effects my useless $ilver $urfer card gifted me with, but it would involve far too much profanity. icon_rolleyes.gificon_e_wink.gif

Suffice it to say, I'll probably end up stopped just shy of 86,000 after a WEEK of playing this stupid PvE grind-fest, which is likely for the best anyway.

DBC
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Eleventh-hour grinding in Prodigal Sun for the Legendary Token, and I pulled a yellow 4hor. icon_evil.gif STILL NO 5*S FOR ME! /throws phone
  • Eleventh-hour grinding in Prodigal Sun for the Legendary Token, and I pulled a yellow 4hor. icon_evil.gif STILL NO 5*S FOR ME!

I would almost kill someone to trade pulls with you... almost. icon_e_wink.gif

DBC
  • Cousin Simpson
    Options
    Eleventh-hour grinding in Prodigal Sun for the Legendary Token, and I pulled a yellow 4hor. icon_evil.gif STILL NO 5*S FOR ME!

DBC

AS A COMPLETELY F2P PLAYER, THIS GAME OWES ME AFTER 8 LT PULLS, SO I AM READY TO KILL SOMEONE TOO.

(Caveat: I am not ready to kill anyone. I mean, I saw a silverfish in our kitchen the other morning and I caught and released it.)
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Eleventh-hour grinding in Prodigal Sun for the Legendary Token, and I pulled a yellow 4hor. icon_evil.gif STILL NO 5*S FOR ME!

DBC

AS A COMPLETELY F2P PLAYER, THIS GAME OWES ME AFTER 8 LT PULLS, SO I AM READY TO KILL SOMEONE TOO.

(Caveat: I am not ready to kill anyone. I mean, I saw a silverfish in our kitchen the other morning and I caught and released it.)

My 26th was my first 5*, my 27th was my 2nd.. your time will come!
  • Malcrof wrote:

DBC

My 26th was my first 5*, my 27th was my 2nd.. your time will come!

Realizing I'm risking death threats ( icon_e_wink.gif ), my first and third were both 5*s, neither of which I wanted! icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • Cousin Simpson
    Options
    Realizing I'm risking death threats ( icon_e_wink.gif ), my first and third were both 5*s, neither of which I wanted! icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

DBC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEncdhmJhHM
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Playing the CP node in the final sub of Prodigal on Steam, and beating Cap/IM/Sniper @ 168 for...20 ISO.

And then reloading the node to see that it's NOW 3x180.

Who wants to sing the happy horseshit song?!
  • Realizing I'm risking death threats ( icon_e_wink.gif ), my first and third were both 5*s, neither of which I wanted! icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

DBC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEncdhmJhHM

If you don't do stand-up or write comedy, you are wasting your talents. Your comedic timing is the stuff of legend. icon_e_wink.gif

Literally TWO genuine LOLs in the span of 4 posts! icon_lol.gif

Silverfish… *Chuckles*

DBC
  • Cousin Simpson
    Options
    If you don't do stand-up or write comedy, you are wasting your talents. Your comedic timing is the stuff of legend. icon_e_wink.gif

Literally TWO genuine LOLs in the span of 4 posts! icon_lol.gif

Silverfish… *Chuckles*

DBC

Thanks, but I'm just repurposing the comic genius of the creator of the Simpsons, who, I might add, really is my cousin.

And my anecdote about the silverfish is real! I'm glad you find my compassion to be risible. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Marvelfamily
    Options
    Smashing my head against the wall because of the 5th mission of Growth Industry... icon_e_sad.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_sad.gif
  • Losing interest in the game to the point that even DDQ feels like a chore
  • MrMadeULook
    Options
    Selling my icon_silversurfer.pngblueflag.png because it was messing up my scaling. I barely have any 4* decently covered so I can wait. No rush for these 5* from me icon_e_wink.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Was fewer than 100 points from 2k in the shield sim for the first time ever. had two fights queued up that would have gotten me there. The first was the one I mentioned in another thread where a crit tile spawned before Cyclops used Full Blast enabled him to unstun and use Optic Blasts before I ever got to respond, so I lost points there. Then I won my next fight for 49 at the same time as I was losing three for -151. I have since dropped 300 points and am now at 1600 with precisely zero motivation to try to fight my way back to 2000.

I foolishly spent 75 HP to shield while my health packs regenerated when I was at 190X, thinking that once the shield was up I could get there. Yeah, that's the last time I bother with that horseshit. I'm not one of those arguing for "you should be immune to hits while you're in a fight" but being able to get hit by three different people for the same quantity of points, each, that you're currently trying to win is a giant bag of "why the **** should I bother."
  • xcience
    xcience Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The moment you realize you have a 30% draw rate for Invisible Woman blue from your legendary tokens.

Followed by the realization that you don't even want to get legendary tokens anymore.

Followed by the realization that since legendary tokens are a top prize... You don't have any reason to play anymore.
  • Reading posts from people clearing the Ant-Man event with 94s facing level 80 enemies while I can't get beyond the second node because my 130s are completely out-scaled, likely thanks to my useless 5*s, you know, the ones D3 came into the forum and specifically told us wouldn't adversely affect our scaling.

Feels pretty **** watching the first truly non-competitive event in however long passing me by without even having a shot at it…

Thanks as always for the fun (and the honesty), D3.

DBC