Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• I enjoyed this game a lot more before coming to the forums.

Like, in my own bubble I just rolled with things and mostly enjoyed it.

But now it's like. All the negativity and knee jerk rage over the slightest faults or whatever just kinda. Brings the mojo down.

And yet, I don't leave because for some reason the anger is oddly addictive, even if I don't share an ounce of it.

I haven't played at all for like, a week. Not even DDQ stuff. But I still come here because ??????
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    waiting an hour or so for the game to send my rewards for top 50 sub finish, and opening the event token only for it to be yet another 2*. Like all my event tokens have been in Unstable ISO-8 this go-round.

The upshot is the legendary token cannot possibly be a 2* (and if it somehow is I will burn down everything).
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    hello. my name is txmoose. and I don't pay attn. to pve sub lengths.

would have had a shot at t20. have to settle for t50 now. that was the closest I've come to throwing my phone. worse than cascades and bad hops. at some point i'll learn my lesson. was doing good paying attn. to them then the long break of galactus came and I hadn't run pve hard since probably the iceman pve. still enough to merc for a second cover, but no 3rd. also still ground the sub end to salvage a t50 sub finish, so that was good for hp. man it was hard after the scaling kicked in after my first grind - lots of health packs. and this was in conjunction with my push in the blade pvp - so...many...health packs. live and learn, hopefully.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just had mine today. Got the 10 pack reward for the season. Opened it just to get all 2*s except for one purple Doom that I didn't need. Super weak. Made me think why would someone actually purchase it.
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Made it to 993 in the Spidey PVP and was close to finishing the match that would put me over. I get the notification that my phone hit 15% battery level. I run to the nearest charger only to find my phone died in those 15 seconds =( By the time my phone is plugged and powered on, I've lost 150 points =( I'll have to admit, I thought it would have been worse.

Thankfully, a handful of matches later I made it to 1000 and shielded, so best moment followed my worst moment =)
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Made it to 1k progression for the first time. Usually that would have belonged in the best moment thread, if not for the fact that I failed to check that it was for a NF purple, which was one of only 6 4* covers I didn't need. So I pushed so hard for a cover I didn't need, and I didn't even need any placement rewards as well so there would have been no incentive for me to even push that high if I bothered to check (didn't even bother to shield to maintain that placement, so I got 400 points knocked off in 3 hours lol).
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Missing my shot at 1k in Webslinger because I lost both queued matches due to absurdly bad cascades and ridiculous AI luck. Cleared the board of purple and twice had 3 purple drop in after a simple AI match. Fist's purpleflag.png didn't exactly go nuts, but then 5 black tiles drop in all at once. After that it was win 50, lose 50 over and over until my healthpacks ran out. I just gave up at the end and lost 200+ points in the last half hour.
  • Cunneryn
    Cunneryn Posts: 112
    Options
    Opening my 10-packs, and despite needing almost every 3 and 4 star cover gatting thoroughly disapointed...

But heh, what did I expect with the luck I have.....
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Magneto pvp. I don't think I've ever had such a hard time climbing. Using boosted maxed 3* and lvl 245 mags. Got to 975 on first climb. Did a total of eight shield hops. Sniped every single time. Final score ~850. Every single hop hit at least once, several times twice...and left plenty of time between. Unbelievable.
  • Sold my oml to fix scaling because I was tired of waiting for a fix, finally got my season 10 pack when I once again had matches it was feasible to win...no gold at all.

Honestly, why do we even play this game?
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,312 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Had two fights queued to hop from 930 to 1k in X23 PVP. First gave me the expected 54 points. The second was supposed to give me 39... gave me 14, to reach 998. Scrambled to finish another fight as soon as possible but finished to found that I had been attacked. With 18 hours to go on the event, there shouldn't be a feeding frenzy so I tried another battle... and another... and another... every time I was beaten once by the time I finished my fight (boosting for speed, while my team included the supposedly slowing-down maxed, boosted Luke Cage). Finally, I was set back to 960 and I was not being able to find battles granting more than 30 points so I shielded three hours. 5 minutes after I shielded I got a lagged hit... for 50 points!

No matter... during the three hours I tried queuing good targets. Spent several thousands of Iso skipping but it was almost impossible to find targets giving more than 35, but finally I managed to find one giving 51 and another giving 48. After a while, unshielded and went for it as fast as I could. Finished the first without attacks, the got into the second and won... to find I had been attacked twice for 88 points, desperately tried to keep climbing to no avail.... finally got attacked thrice in a row for 122 points and I put my phone down... no shield, I have wasted enough in this ****... 75 HP, over 4k Iso, 18 health packs 20 all-AP boosts and several hours of my life, all for nothing.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,377 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Okay, now while it didn't happen to me today, it did happen in reality, just hadn't seen the chance (or thought of) posting it yet.

I think it was on one of the unstable ISO8 maggia nodes, that I was fighting with (I think) 1/3/1 XFW (I know he's considered an underpowered 4*, especially when not covered fully, but I like him a lot for his surgical strike that can take down a lot of goon CD tiles at once when you can't remove them using a match) and two boosted chars, if I remember correctly 2* Thor (4/5/4) + 2* Daken (5/5/3).

It was going considerably well, even though the goons were at pretty high level I was able to take down most of their countdowns and save up enough AP for using powers. Had to let a few Muscle CD's pop though, that placed 2 strike tiles of ~500 strength on the board.

A few matches later, there was another strike tile CD that I didn't have the chance of eliminating. It popped, placing another 2 strike tiles, and causing a mother of cascades starting with a 5-match that fell on top of the board, leading to a critical and even more matches, instantly downing both Thor and XFW (that were both at about full health, 10K+ and 4K+ respectively) and left Daken with about half of his health.

Had to retreat pretty badly.

Tl;dr : bah scaling, bah cascades icon_mad.gif
  • Deegamah
    Deegamah Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    All of Track and Slash has been so brutal for me. I struggled to push past all the 240 Luke Cage/240 Doom/240 Hulk /270 XFW teams that I'm somehow hitting at 200 points, and finishing every single game needing to use 2 healthpacks. Seriously, it didn't seem to matter what team I brought, whether it was my own max Doom or Hulk, my high covered Luke, or even a standard IF and cMags team, every single fight ended with atleast one character dead or close to it. The final straw was when I found a 40 point fight against a 0/1/0 OML, a 1/0/0 Thing, and even a 0/1/0 X23, not even the 1/1/1 loaner. I went in with a full health Mags and 80% Iron Fist, expecting some easy points. Instead, I was treated to cascade after cascade, and yet another loss. I mean, I don't like to jump on the cascade hate train, I understand that it's not the AI cheating, it's just a bad streak of bad luck, but seriously!? I guess I can't even expect a guaranteed win against a team that has 3 covers, and only 1 active ability, between them.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    event tokens: it's an event. it should carry a little more weight than a standard. but all i seem to get from event tokens is 2* iso dumps. i think my 'sell all' button is the most pushed thing in this whole game for me.

maybe make event tokens a little more useful. or just give out standards instead.
  • DalekGAF
    DalekGAF Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    Deegamah wrote:
    All of Track and Slash has been so brutal for me. I struggled to push past all the 240 Luke Cage/240 Doom/240 Hulk /270 XFW teams that I'm somehow hitting at 200 points, and finishing every single game needing to use 2 healthpacks. Seriously, it didn't seem to matter what team I brought, whether it was my own max Doom or Hulk, my high covered Luke, or even a standard IF and cMags team, every single fight ended with atleast one character dead or close to it. The final straw was when I found a 40 point fight against a 0/1/0 OML, a 1/0/0 Thing, and even a 0/1/0 X23, not even the 1/1/1 loaner. I went in with a full health Mags and 80% Iron Fist, expecting some easy points. Instead, I was treated to cascade after cascade, and yet another loss. I mean, I don't like to jump on the cascade hate train, I understand that it's not the AI cheating, it's just a bad streak of bad luck, but seriously!? I guess I can't even expect a guaranteed win against a team that has 3 covers, and only 1 active ability, between them.

This has been my exact experience, and needless to say-it's frustrating as hell.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    playing for the cp 13 times and not getting it. after the last game im still missing the 500 iso reward.
    4 possible rewards, getting two of them, and then 20 iso every single time? awesome, this is fun!

then again, its only for buying leg tokens, right?
    i would have one more useless-token-which-i-cant-open-until-way-into-4*transistion, so not really a loss.

but come on, what the tinykitty?
    can i have a trollface instead of that 20 iso? pls?
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled my old DA: Heroic tokens today, only two of them, and getting a pair of icon_lukecage.pngblackflag.png out of them. Except he's been completed for weeks now. Rats. 1000 iso8.png it is...
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Heroic ten-pack gave me seven 2* convertible isos (yay for "better chance"). Since then, 27 heroic and event tokens later and nothing but 2* convertible iso. I realize golds are supposed to be rare but event tokens should be a bit better than just convertible 250 iso. icon_neutral.gif
  • Tryke wrote:
    Heroic ten-pack gave me seven 2* convertible isos (yay for "better chance"). Since then, 27 heroic and event tokens later and nothing but 2* convertible iso. I realize golds are supposed to be rare but event tokens should be a bit better than just convertible 250 iso. icon_neutral.gif

I was just thinking about this as I opened my latest 4-5 event tokens (PvE & PvP). The dailies I open, usually collect the 2*, sell it and move on without much thought, but there's something about the burn of "winning" a usually useless "event" token...

Feels like it should be a little more, well, special.

DBC
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Easy one today or last night to be exact. 970 in starfall PvP and find a target which would get me over the line. Try to shield check but no luck. Give ten minutes and then hit. Win for 15pts.

Fight another fight and get a hit for50pts. Score board says 1019 but hit deducted before cover rewarded. Probably a familiar story. Pity they did not award progression before deducting loses and then it would not have been so bad. Only wanted the cover and was going to freefall anyway.