Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Ugh, just lost in pvp I'm only at 500 or so pts. Mirror team a full 80 levels (boosted) below mine. Had cyke down to 2000 health, matched red, ready to down with one blast from my cyke. Ai cyke cast MR, cascade. Optic blast, cascade, over and over. 2 full minutes (phone screen went black twice,s set to sleep at 1 min) before AI handed the corpses of my team back to me...unbelievable.
  • Today's Deadpool 3-star. I wanted Quicksilver, but the Strength in Numbers goons started spamming red countdowns on the second play. OBW was worthless, as they never had any blue to steal from them and the board was stingier with bluetile.png than most McDonald's are with giving out free samples of Big Macs.

Died during the first hero wave.

Heal up, try again, same thing. Not near enough blue nor phenomenal luck to get my 2-star team through them.

Heal up, try again, pop lots of boosters. Made it though the first hero wave with a sliver of health on OBW, about a third left on Thor, and Captain marvel about half health. And, no blue tiles in reserve.

I retreated. There was no point.

My team normally chews through the DPD without any health loss. Yeah, I could have spent all day waiting for three health to respawn over and over to try and find a build and PHENOMENAL luck that would win, but I decided to just abandon it and move on to other challenges.

In a month or so I will have enough powered 3* covers to take that challenge down, but not today.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    last legendary token pull: black carnage

i think i would be less disappointed with a bagman pull...
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Today's Deadpool 3-star. I wanted Quicksilver, but the Strength in Numbers goons started spamming red countdowns on the second play. OBW was worthless, as they never had any blue to steal from them and the board was stingier with bluetile.png than most McDonald's are with giving out free samples of Big Macs.

Heal up, try again, same thing. Not near enough blue nor phenomenal luck to get my 2-star team through them.

Heal up, try again, pop lots of boosters. Made it though the first hero wave with a sliver of health on OBW, about a third left on Thor, and Captain marvel about half health. And, no blue tiles in reserve.

My team normally chews through the DPD without any health loss. Yeah, I could have spent all day waiting for three health to respawn over and over to try and find a build and PHENOMENAL luck that would win, but I decided to just abandon it and move on to other challenges.

In a month or so I will have enough powered 3* covers to take that challenge down, but not today.

Captain Marvel, Storm (2) and Magneto (2). Old Faithful for me if my other teams can't get it done.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    DFiPL wrote:
    Today's Deadpool 3-star. I wanted Quicksilver, but the Strength in Numbers goons started spamming red countdowns on the second play. OBW was worthless, as they never had any blue to steal from them and the board was stingier with bluetile.png than most McDonald's are with giving out free samples of Big Macs.

Captain Marvel, Storm (2) and Magneto (2). Old Faithful for me if my other teams can't get it done.

That happened to me, my LThor got wiped out to pvp right before DPD, so I had to do BE with Thor2 and OBW instead. It was a heck of a grind, glad I'm past those days (most of the time).
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Match in PVP against a team of 3* lvl 133 characters with my lowly 2* lvl 82 team. I heroically fought them down to the last character (3* Torch) with only 650 health left he uses fireball - down goes my 2hor last remaining health, the resulting cascade gives him another fireball - down goes CStorm. He then match damages Doc Ock for the win... the worst part? on my turn I had wind storm and COTS ready and waiting. Lost 42 points from my climb to the lofty heights of 600 points
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Match in PVP against a team of 3* lvl 133 characters with my lowly 2* lvl 82 team. I heroically fought them down to the last character (3* Torch) with only 650 health left he uses fireball - down goes my 2hor last remaining health, the resulting cascade gives him another fireball - down goes CStorm. He then match damages Doc Ock for the win... the worst part? on my turn I had wind storm and COTS ready and waiting. Lost 42 points from my climb to the lofty heights of 600 points

don't worry, this will become less of a 'worst moment of the day' to a common occurrence.
  • Slept right through my shield break for Doc Ock pvp. Shield lapsed 30 mins before the event ended and I woke up 30 minutes after the event ended.

worst pvp score of the season at 800+. dropped from top25 to outside top50 for season score..

Managed to scrap top 50 for the season though.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    After beating WXF (yay!) went shopping, got home, quick blast on Real Steel, battered through the buttons to start on automatic as per normal, delayed reaction slow motion "noooooooo" as people jump to cover the grenade, sadly my pavlovian responses were in tact and couldn't stop my self, the net result being Eld_the_preth getting hit for +100% match damage....
  • CT1888 wrote:
    After beating WXF (yay!) went shopping, got home, quick blast on Real Steel, battered through the buttons to start on automatic as per normal, delayed reaction slow motion "noooooooo" as people jump to cover the grenade, sadly my pavlovian responses were in tact and couldn't stop my self, the net result being Eld_the_preth getting hit for +100% match damage....
    So your worst moment is a wasted boost? I almost always waste one after using because I use them quite seldom. I just see it as an inconvenient design and don't bother getting upset over it. Sure there are plenty of things that can be more frustrating than that.
  • CT1888
    shurak wrote:
    CT1888 wrote:
    So your worst moment is a wasted boost? I almost always waste one after using because I use them quite seldom. I just see it as an inconvenient design and don't bother getting upset over it. Sure there are plenty of things that can be more frustrating than that.
    I don't give a monkeys about most boosts as I'm happy to chuck iso at them in the pursuit of wins, just annoys when it's the all colour ones, as I'd never actually put HP into them. It's been a quiet day
  • Set my alarm for the early morning, actually wake up without hitting Snooze cause I wanted to hit my PVE nodes while they're nice and full first thing.

But my internet was down.

And remained down for over an hour while the time I could afford to play and not go to work ticked down and down icon_e_sad.gif

After forgetting to be on when the last node ended, and not grinding down so I could get that precious 25 spideycoin.png for that node.

It was a bummer.
  • I found out the new 5 star is Wolverine.

Like, seriously guys? Wolverine isn't even the most powerful X-Man nor Avenger, so why is he the strongest character in your game.

I can't with yall.
  • I found out the new 5 star is Wolverine.

Like, seriously guys? Wolverine isn't even the most powerful X-Man nor Avenger, so why is he the strongest character in your game.

I can't with yall.

For related reasons, I'm still kinda mad that Squirrel Girl wasn't a 4*

And now, not a 5*

(Can we get 5* Squirrel Girl (Classic)?, please? icon_e_biggrin.gif)
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    It's not even 10am and already I have a couple.

Firstly in the PVE event where Storm is required, it's always nice that the enemy is able to launch a special ability before they've even made their first damn move. It's nice that by their fifth turn that they've launched eleven special abilities while I have to grind paltry colours in which I'm able to even halfway launch a counter-strike.

It was also nice that while grinding for points in the later stages of the same event, Ragnarok launches a strike which destroys a coloumn which is replaced by an entire coloumn of purpletile.png. An entire coloumn of them, which enables Doctor Doom to pretty much one shot a character with six thousand hit points left.

It's always nice when the enemy makes a simple three colour match which descends into a dozen different matches with three or four critical tiles.

Every day I play this game it feels like I'm being repeatedly being slapped in the face by it.
  • Yesterday, I didn't complete TBE. Not because I couldn't or because I didn't need the cover, I just.. didn't care. I did the 1 node to unlock the tbe, then tossed my phone aside the rest of the day, because the burn out from 7 day events is wearing me down on this game. Didn't even push on brotherhood. Saving my energy for Galactus at this point.

On the other hand, I have an idea for my next forum project!
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Discussing strategy in the Galactus Event thread, then seeing the devs change the Boss to eliminate every strategy discussed in the forums as they appeared.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    This happens at least once a week: There's a 4 color match (near the top of the board) waiting to happen but it's in a color I don't use, but that is good for the enemy AI (or Loki's on the other team). But ah! There's a 3 title match waiting below it in a color I DO need. That will knock one tile out of the potential 4 color match above, thus denying the AI a whole line clear of ap.

So I make the 3 color match, and down goes the above tile too...only to be replaced in the drop down with a tile in the same exact color, now in the same exact spot. icon_eek.gif This happens as long as I've been playing.

And there was the one time the other day after an unlucky cascade when the AI got a 5 tile match in a vertical line, and I swear to god, SEVEN BLUE TILES DROPPED DOWN IN A ROW. Against RAGNOROK of all people! Stretched out that fight another 10 turns. icon_mad.gif
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Todays puzzle quest low point has to be getting hut for fifty odd points 5 minute's after I shielded. Did not even know such a thing could happen.
  • CT1888
    mr_X wrote:
    Todays puzzle quest low point has to be getting hut for fifty odd points 5 minute's after I shielded. Did not even know such a thing could happen.
    I just had that happen too. Baws.