Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Had a shot to win my bracket in hollowpoint kiss but couldn't play the last thirthy minutes because I was in the bus and ran out of data.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    finally got a 3* from an event token. didn't need it. icon_gamora.pngblackflag.png . hey guess what ddq is today...
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just unshielded, for a quick couple matches to get over the 1000 progression...for Elektra mind you...queued up a 40+ point match, I win, but it was only actually worth 29 points, and when the match was over, I had lost more than 150 points. For Elektra people...Elektra!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jredd wrote:
    jredd wrote:
    shielded in sim last night at 1877. woke up early to blitz it when my shield broke. won 4-5 matches and was sitting at 1999. yes,1999. so i shielded again. found a nice winnable match, which i did win. score after actually says 2022. but wait there's more. while i was winning i was attacked, actually busting me down to 1962...

now i don't have enough health packs to heal the 3 characters i can actually use to win level 166 matches.

this is just, the worst.(read that in a morgan freeman voice, like the lego movie).

devs, this needs to be addressed. if you're in a match, especially a match that bumps you over a threshold, the points you win and any progression reached should be awarded before any points are lost from simultaneous attacks. this type of thing happens a lot and it's incredibly demoralizing. even for a phone game.

so, this happened to me again at lunch time.

11986606_10155968127325471_8311323290775874891_n.jpg?oh=465747ef22038a5cea13d5e0264e9159&oe=567BEA27

clearly my score says 2006. can i have my ant man cover please?

Just a heads up.. Support will not give you the cover with that screenshot.. i know, it has happened to me x3 in PVP at the 1k mark.. you need a SS of the leader-boards showing you over 2k, so when you click your score to get to the leader-board, any loss you took during that fight will have updated and it will show you under 2k. You will get a canned response and no cover.. Been there, done that.. that score doesn't mean anything.

Also, i tried reporting it as a bug, and was told "working as intended"
  • spending tons of hp iso and time in army of one to not even be able to get to the 1000 progression knowing that every event will be harder because people will want 5* characters....

I want to bleeping give up
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    spending tons of hp iso and time in army of one to not even be able to get to the 1000 progression knowing that every event will be harder because people will want 5* characters....

well, at least it seems like it'll be easier to get 4* covers.

speaking of covers. another event token. more 2* doo doo... are event tokens not supposed to be a little better than heroics for 3* covers? cause i seem to get 2* covers 99% of the time.
  • jredd wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    spending tons of hp iso and time in army of one to not even be able to get to the 1000 progression knowing that every event will be harder because people will want 5* characters....

well, at least it seems like it'll be easier to get 4* covers.

speaking of covers. another event token. more 2* doo doo... are event tokens not supposed to be a little better than heroics for 3* covers? cause i seem to get 2* covers 99% of the time.
    i dunno part of me thinks with legendary tokens even the **** event will have whales and top alliances bullying lower class players for legendary tokens
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    dunno part of me thinks with legendary tokens even the **** event will have whales and top alliances bullying lower class players for legendary tokens

Aren't a considerable proportion of the new tokens given in progression? How does anyone get bullied out of hitting pve and season progressions (and alliance rewards)?
  • Reaching the first required character in the gauntlet and not having him...
    Seriously there are probably 4 3* characters that i don't have yet, what were the chances!!!
  • raisinbman wrote:
    dunno part of me thinks with legendary tokens even the **** event will have whales and top alliances bullying lower class players for legendary tokens

Aren't a considerable proportion of the new tokens given in progression? How does anyone get bullied out of hitting pve and season progressions (and alliance rewards)?
    if progressions are more serious, PVP and PVE in general becomes more serious.

PVE's token is supposed to be double the current progression, making the average jill have to work harder for placement

PVP is already a mess, but people will be even more motivated for 1300. A repeat of what I said about PVE unless they decide not to shield. Every event has value now.

Shield Sim may become less relaxed of a battleground for the above reasons.

Does anyone get bullied out of progressions in PVE? no. But their placement may be effected.

But who knows, I'm just a lone person, a troll pariah.....
  • Sherlock1
    Sherlock1 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    if progressions are more serious, PVP and PVE in general becomes more serious.

PVE's token is supposed to be double the current progression, making the average jill have to work harder for placement

PVP is already a mess, but people will be even more motivated for 1300. A repeat of what I said about PVE unless they decide not to shield. Every event has value now.

Shield Sim may become less relaxed of a battleground for the above reasons.

Does anyone get bullied out of progressions in PVE? no. But their placement may be effected.

But who knows, I'm just a lone person, a troll pariah.....

About PVEs, i agree with u, the vets will go hard on all events they will enter: but i don t think they will necessary enter more events than before, as the reason why they don t actually is that grinding during 3-4-7 days is exhausting compared to the rewards, and i don t think 1 legendary token will worth it for them considering all the efforts required (actually, first can win a 4* cover, and it doesn t encourage that much some vets who need the cover)

About PVPs, i think more players will try to make it to 1300, but as the vets already make it at every pvp, i think it will we those with a nice roster but not that awesome yet who will make it: like you, for example, maybe you will try once or twice more per season than now to make it...

Shield sim? I don t know where it will be put (if a token will ever appear there), but if it s above 2K, it won t change a lot the current situation: vets stop playing when they reach 2K, or they keep climbing (close to the end) when they want to ensure alliance or personal position during season, but most of the time, it will be points from other vets they will take, as only them currently try to be above 2K.
    All those who will try to reach a token above 2K may face then vets, and all the other players...

People get bullied? I dont see where exactly, i know sniping exists but bullying? Are u a victim of bullying, as u mention it?

Lone person, trol pariah? I ve been reading posts on the forum for a while, and u seem to like being marginalized, as if u were looking to be considered as different from the others (we re all unique, btw) icon_e_smile.gif

"In fine", maybe these tokens will be a game changer, or maybe they won't....

...And maybe you re not bullied but you re a masochist, or maybe not icon_lol.gificon_e_wink.gif
  • Sherlock1
    Sherlock1 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    Sorry for the previous post, as it s not about the thread itself.
    I apologize and in order to compensate, i will talk of my worst MPQ moment of this day: discovering several nodes of the Gauntlet with sentries icon_cry.gif I was enjoying the enemies diversity in this event, and being obliged to face regularly those non funny enemies makes me sad...
    ...so i will have to nuke them all to make the sadness go away! icon_lol.gif
  • Sherlock1 wrote:
    u seem to like being marginalized, as if u were looking to be considered as different from the others (we re all unique, btw) icon_e_smile.gif
    assumptions are fun
  • Stony
    Stony Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks for this thread, I need to vent! I finished with over 78k and that got me..... 11th. By 87 points! EIGHTY-TINYKITTY-SEVEN!!!!

And an alliance mate got into a super easy bracket. 58k got him 1st place! With a 12k lead on second.

It's days like today I wanna throw my phone.
  • Starsaber
    Options
    I consistently forget to check the level on the opposing free character in PVP. For example, I saw a team with two 2* characters in the mid 80s, got into the match, then saw that Hulk had 10k hitpoints instead of 5k.
  • I think the game is telling me to take a break.

I've lost Simulation 01 of The Gauntlet: Fragmentation TWICE so far...out of two attempts & last night I lost 3rd Time's the Charm in DDQ...computer hit about 8 - 10 cascades.

I think I'm burnt out. icon_lol.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    this weekend was national cascades against txmoose weekend for me. I'm very used to cascades in pve and this one was no different except its been a while since I've played for something important (xpool event was skipped during a vacation) so I got reacquainted with pve cascades, so that was fun. however, I'm not used to that many cascades in pvp. life prevented me from pushing at normal times and I found myself pushing during the last 3 hours of the im40 event and I swear there'd be yellow all over the board but none matchable for me. then for them yellow rains from above. oh well. at least is was for IW. will be more normal schedule for this next one and hopefully a more normal outcome.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd just woken up, pushed to 800 in Blue Shift for the cover, went to level up Quicksilver, sold it on automatic pilot instead.
    Should've woken up more.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Playing in the simulator yesterday I lost a match where the enemy cascade lasted so long that the screen on my phone turned itself off.
    Somewhere on the way they had killed my R&G and LThor and left Loki with less than 500 health at the end of the cascade. I turned the phone back on, the cascade finished (yawn) and then they proceeded to use abilities in every colour, including TUs, even though Loki died after the first one went off. I wasn't climbing so it didn't matter very much but waiting for the whole thing to resolve felt like it took forever and was incredibly frustrating.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    CT1888 wrote:
    I'd just woken up, pushed to 800 in Blue Shift for the cover, went to level up Quicksilver, sold it on automatic pilot instead.
    Should've woken up more.

Should this not be in the Best MPQ moments ever? After all, it is Quicksilver...

Poor moment last week, joined The Hunt PvE, started outside the top 1,000. Didn't know if it was fine or a bug that might go horribly wrong, so I contacted support. They replied with 90 minutes of The Hunt left to say 'Not an error, you can play as much as you like in the event, we can't move you to another shard'. Thank you for telling me it's okay to start then, only 40,000 points or more behind the top 100... At least it was only for Reed...