Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Fire up the 2nd-to-last EotS mission to get some quick points and maintain position on the leaderboard

Team is Jean Grey, Xpool, and Cyclops (Wade's third-wheelin' it)

Doing OK, Clops gets downed a little early by Wolverine's red but whatevs, I still got dis

AI uses dumpy Venom 1-character stun TU, have a hearty chuckle at the uselessness

...AI sets off a cascade that takes Jean from 11k health to dead in one shot

Cascade includes no less than 5 match-5s which would have triggered Jean's passive and stopped this clown show, except that she is stunned for ONE. TURN.

Xpool struggles to the bitter end but lack of red on board causes him to be nickel-and-dimed to death by shurikens/Strength in Numbers

Weep softly
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    after 4-5 turns in the last node of hell's kitchen. daredevil, down 9000 health. other team, 2000. yeah fun...

every enemy match is a cascade, with match 4s. every one of my turns is 3 and done. and with the red feeder i'm getting debilitating or adamantium slash every turn.
  • This has been going on for several days but the realization of the situation is today. I have a terrible habit of not being able to leave a token unopened. I got a 10 pack heroic from the season progression and 4 heroics from the end of season plus several ddq tacos and random pvp/pve reward tokens. I now have 7 3* characters and a kingpin unable to be rostered and 50hp.
    This is not good.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    How about, opponent's ProfX drop an invis tile in the bottom right corner...of course he does...with no way to match it away. But lo...I haveth a 3 star Thor who can Calleth the Storm, an apparent AOE attack. But alas, appearances are deceiving. Even though I can attack with all the normal single target abilities, like Blade's Nightstalker, I can't even attempt to use Call the Storm...won't even let me try, says I need a target. So its neither a single target, that could uselessly be fired off, nor an AOE that could do some damage to invis characters.
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I click 'Fight'... app freezes and screen goes black... force to shut down app... come back to redo and all three characters need healthpacks... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Konman wrote:
    How about, opponent's ProfX drop an invis tile in the bottom right corner...of course he does...with no way to match it away. But lo...I haveth a 3 star Thor who can Calleth the Storm, an apparent AOE attack. But alas, appearances are deceiving. Even though I can attack with all the normal single target abilities, like Blade's Nightstalker, I can't even attempt to use Call the Storm...won't even let me try, says I need a target. So its neither a single target, that could uselessly be fired off, nor an AOE that could do some damage to invis characters.

Can't Storm Call? Haven't heard of that. Anyone else run into this issue? I've launched plenty of AoE's at a, invisible solo Prof X ... no problems about not having a target. If that's new it needs to be spread far and wide!

Only Carnage and Thor are hit by this, the DD portion goes first, then the AOE (remember, double damage from Thor's green to 1st target), so it will give an error when trying to cast it on an invisible person if they are the only one left.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Options
    I cast bewilder instead of demolition....

It stole blue.
  • Cylaali
    Cylaali Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I saved about 49 heroic tokens (39 stand alone, 1 ten pack) over the course of a couple weeks, waiting for deadpool and jean grey to be added there (they were i believe today or yesterday).

Popped open 49 heroics.... got only one I could actually "use"... icon_quicksilver.pngblueflag.png

icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif

Edit: quotation marks bc the term "use" was used loosely here.
  • Wintersmith
    Wintersmith Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Spend about 500 iso on queuing opponents on pvp, due all of them being the same four unbeatable/worthless point wise. Play the only ~40 point match, a retal, available, get 7 points. Emerge from victory at -30 points. Dream crushed.
  • Cylaali wrote:
    I saved about 49 heroic tokens (39 stand alone, 1 ten pack) over the course of a couple weeks, waiting for deadpool and jean grey to be added there (they were i believe today or yesterday).

Popped open 49 heroics.... got only one I could actually "use"... icon_quicksilver.pngblueflag.png

icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif

Edit: quotation marks bc the term "use" was used loosely here.

Sadly mirrors my token "luck." To borrow your phrase, quotation marks bc the term "luck" was used loosely here. icon_e_wink.gif

I've got guys in my alliance opening what seems like 9-10 Golds a week, while I've gone well over a month at a stretch before without a single Gold pull...

Gotta love gambling, right? icon_rolleyes.gif

DBC
  • Missed lunch time grind because I got laid off.
  • Splarne wrote:
    Missed lunch time grind because I got laid off.
    that sucks......
  • Realized that Im eventually going to have to hop to the Versus Tab if I ever want to earn 4 star covers for my existing 4 stars, because earning them in Story mode is near impossible outside their release events.
  • Haetron wrote:
    Realized that Im eventually going to have to hop to the Versus Tab if I ever want to earn 4 star covers for my existing 4 stars, because earning them in Story mode is near impossible outside their release events.
    sad but true...hopefully they address the 4* cover disparity between PVE and PVP soon
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    A pin on the charging cable to my tablet broke last week, which meant that I couldn't play DDQ during the last round where I could have used every single one of the BE reward covers. A replacement cable finally arrived yesterday, just in time for the essential to be the Mohawk Storm who isn't on my roster. icon_neutral.gif
  • GambitStyle
    Options
    worst moment of the day...probably logging in and seeing that my ~600 days of playing have been wiped out.

here is hoping their support team gets it back for me, and compensates me for the covers i am missing today.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Reality: I am neither lucky enough, nor willing to spend enough to be good at this game. Just lost 3 matches in a row, because my luck is just that awful. When you turn to look at the TV to see what's on (Canadian football if you must know), and then look back at the game 10 seconds later to see the enemy team's turn still isn't over, you realize that this game isn't going to go your way.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Konman wrote:
    Reality: I am neither lucky enough, nor willing to spend enough to be good at this game. Just lost 3 matches in a row, because my luck is just that awful. When you turn to look at the TV to see what's on (Canadian football if you must know), and then look back at the game 10 seconds later to see the enemy team's turn still isn't over, you realize that this game isn't going to go your way.

had one of those today. 5 straight specials followed by three turns of ridiculous cascades, (they seem to be getting more frequent, don't you think...), all resulting in match 5's which led to 2 more specials resulting in a loss of 12,000 health of a maxed+boosted icon_kamalakhan.png. all before i had enough ap for any of my characters to pull off a special move. now even at the most unluckiest (which i guess this qualifies), how is this even possible? it was a winnable match too.
  • getting 60 health packs instead of something useful from tacos
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    D3's Customer service.. The servers crashed mid fight when i broke shield to get my 1k and XFW Black.. their response was the canned " Due to this issue being wide spread, we are unable to offer compensation to players on an individual level. It would be unfair to credit one player without crediting all players affected by the issue."

That is twice i have been robbed of the 1k reward, and even with screenshots, they do not care..