Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So, literally the worst day in MPQ in my experience. Clear nodes on PVE early, nice. Then log in maybe 3 or 4 hours later to see how it's going and...

'Your save game has been corrupted, please contact support'

On a Saturday morning US time. Meaning no chance of a fix till Monday morning US time, afternoon my time (UK). So, pretty much killed my Enemy of the State PVE (I was ~30 after 2 days when this happened), and the Thing PVP. Added the fact I was ~90 overall in my season bracket, and lost days count against me, plus DDQ tomorrow, pretty painful day.
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I won my final Hulkbuster red on Friday, and plunked down ¥2400 for hp since it seems I'm back in the game, and all my hp goes to shields.

I wake up this morning, and my Hulkbuster is back to 4/5/4, and I have 70 hp in the bank. I went to a beer garden last night, drank lots, so, plausibly, I bought a blue Hulkbuster while drunk? But I have no idea why I would do that as I waited a month to get that red and didn't want the blue. I've sent a ticket in, but if I actually did it myself and it wasn't a glitch (both the hp and the red happened within hours of each other), the company will be within full rights to not fix it. The results of this will be make or break for me. If I'm so hooked on MPQ that I play it when I'm so drunk I spend $20 of hp on something I don't want or need, that's a time to quit. If the game is so glitchy to lose such strong progression, that's a time to quit.

The worst thing is, though I remember getting home and going to bed, because I was drunk, I can't 100% lay blame on the company, it's plausible (and maybe even probable since nobody knows how drunk they are) that it was my fault. Damn.

To top it off, being the weekend and Comic-Con, this will not be handled in a timely manner. (I'm going to forward this post to IceX in hopes of help from above, so I'm adding screen grabs)
    Me so happy to get my covered Hulbuster that I shared it with my alliance mates:
    19427755428_22293de492_z.jpg
    After that, I had a pile of HP, screen grabbed to share a sniper to hit:
    18993217394_5718de50a7_z.jpg
    And this morning, I am confused and frustrated. Not even enough for a 3-hour shield:
    19608782592_610438b94b_z.jpg

Edit: problem solved. My daughter downloaded the game from iCloud on the iPad last night, and the Facebook settings were still there, and she bought some stuff, she said two things. She just wanted to play the game that daddy is always playing! Jesus.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Doc L wrote:
    So, literally the worst day in MPQ in my experience. Clear nodes on PVE early, nice. Then log in maybe 3 or 4 hours later to see how it's going and...

The save games in this game are terrible. I was reminded of that fact this morning when I logged in to my tablet, where I hadn't logged in for a few days. Two days ago I collected my IM40 Red login reward and leveled him up (he's still a puny 2/0/1, level 53, so no big deal). This morning on the tablet it showed I hadn't even earned the IM40 login yet and he was back to 1/0/1! I checked my phone again, and, yup, 2/0/1.

It's unreal that D3 can't make their save game synchronization work seemlessly, and that the save games get corrupted in the first place. Future Fight has been perfect in my experience so far at keeping the game completely synchronized between devices.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I guess in order for it to truly be "worst," I'd have to still care, buuut...

Opened MPQ yesterday to do the DDQ (Didn't have the character, so I got my 2* token and moved on). Decided to run one single match in the "Thing" PvP to get a token. 38 points (this will be important, so remember, THIRTY EIGHT points) later, closed MPQ for the day...

Opened MPQ this morning to see if I can do the DDQ, as is my routine (I couldn't, big shock there), and in the process discovered I had been hit in the PvP... at 38 points and roughly 500th place.

I was hit by another player with what appeared to be a high level Thing (based on health points) and two level 166 characters.

Yes, my 2* level 94 team was hit at THIRTY EIGHT points, rank around FIVE HUNDRED, by a high level Thing (again, based on health points) and two 166s...

Side note- @ optimus2861 - Yeah, MFF is so much fun. No healing, no slots, bios (cards) drop from the skies, constant gifts from the devs, pvp scores are what they say they are, alliances actually matter... to top it off, I've already inadvertently ended up with 10+ 3* characters, inside of a couple months... and the compensation? Oh my.

I'm going to keep MPQ around in the hopes that D3 figures out player engagement/retainment, but it's pretty hard to swallow most of MPQ when you see it beside something like MFF...

DBC
  • Unknown
    Options
    Doc L wrote:

The save games in this game are terrible. I was reminded of that fact this morning when I logged in to my tablet, where I hadn't logged in for a few days. Two days ago I collected my IM40 Red login reward and leveled him up (he's still a puny 2/0/1, level 53, so no big deal). This morning on the tablet it showed I hadn't even earned the IM40 login yet and he was back to 1/0/1! I checked my phone again, and, yup, 2/0/1.

It's unreal that D3 can't make their save game synchronization work seemlessly, and that the save games get corrupted in the first place. Future Fight has been perfect in my experience so far at keeping the game completely synchronized between devices.
    that happened to me...was very scary when my KK had her cover mysteriously disappear that I won in PVP...and also all the ISO I used to level her was "returned" to me.

I was freakin' out big time.

Support fixed it but I felt pretty insulted when they asked me for "proof if I had the cover"...luckily it was the PVP prize but I can't imagine if I didn't have "proof" what they'd say.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Doc L wrote:

that happened to me...was very scary when my KK had her cover mysteriously disappear that I won in PVP...and also all the ISO I used to level her was "returned" to me.

I was freakin' out big time.

Support fixed it but I felt pretty insulted when they asked me for "proof if I had the cover"...luckily it was the PVP prize but I can't imagine if I didn't have "proof" what they'd say.

I know it's been Comic-Con and the weekend, but after 48 hours of not being able to play (missing out on... Well, I'm not sure which DDQ it's been, as well as basically knackering my Enemy of the State PvE), just a bit annoyed. Love the game, but there has to be a better way to back up the data surely?
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I forget if I was 10 or 18 yesterday for SHIELD SIM for the season of PvP.

Then my shields failed (not sure how, maybe my fault), I wasn't really in the mood to play, but I do, I lose like 15 out of 20 matches, I am getting attacked left and right, I gave up on getting to 2000 (I was at 1510 or something), I checked in like 4 hours later and was down to 1100, verge of quitting.
  • Unknown
    Options
    DDQ this morning...

Ninjas again.

4 moves in, OBW is down, cStorm and 2hor badly damaged, and that's the end of MPQ for the day.

On to play something else.

DBC
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Trying to upvote people in the Best MPQ moment of the day thread and being denied! How can you be too positive? They need to remove the upvote restrictions... whatever they are.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    120k in EoTS..2+ days to go.. barely hanging in t20.. so tired of the grind, all 2* junk from all the tokens so far.. nothing even remotely positive to put in the positive thread in a while..

so done with 7 day PVE's.. but, i need the iso, and want the cover.. so grind it is.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wow, is nobody having bad times any more? was beginning to think this thread was locked but eventually I paged back enough - a week and a half worth. well I gotta say, I HATE turn 1 cascades for the opposing team. over scaled juggernaut and ares getting a crapload of ap on turn 1 is just kick you in the nuts maddening. this morning's clear in DA heroic had 3 of said instances - one for 26 ap against level 250 ares/sentry/daken (just retreated on that one - they had all their colors). one 40 ap against level 200 juggernaut/venom/sniper (finished that one but fist didn't last long and cage was almost done at the end), and one for 30 ap against 150 sentry/moonstone/bullseye (made it there too but it was 2 health packs - IW died but isn't usable so no health pack needed for her). I do have to admit that I did get some cascades....on 2 of the trivial nodes. gee thanks.

oh and I had a ridiculously long LR match in which the seed opponent used both whales and rage of the panther - since when did LR seeds get more than 1 TU? glad it was just a seed. if it has always been like that I guess I just usually finish them fast, but using daken/axwolvie if the board only gives up purple black and yellow, you're screwed unless the featured loaner has a decent ability there (i.e. im40).

I HATE TURN 1 CASCADES!!!!!!

ok, all better now. back to it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    When I finally quit MPQ, yesterday will likely be the day I remember as "that day," the day that finally cemented my feelings on how sad it is that such an awesome mechanic with such an awesome skin could be so horribly broken...

DDQ, usually a bright spot for me. FIVE failures later, never seeing the second wave, I finally concede. Thanks for the ninjas D3, that whole, "even after they die they ultimately kill you" mechanic is SO much "fun."

PvE, something I tend to be drawn to as a part of MPQ that I can at least pretend isn't competitive. I was holding 2nd overall with a decent margin, and then realized I want a life outside staring at my phone for hours and hours, days and days, weeks and weeks, with not much to show for it (The potential to earn a single useful card? Or as many as THREE? For how much expenditure of continuous effort? Whoa. I hope D3 doesn't go under based on their generosity...). Stopped entirely for an eventual 5th place finish, and 3 cards... for Psylocke.

Just after midnight I decided on a whim to take a peek at the Ant-Man event. I mean, it's non-competitive, right? What's the harm in having unlucky boards, losing multiple heroes, no health packs, getting wiped out before I start by my "personal scaling (whatever the tiny-kitty that is)?"

I opened it, chose my characters, and began... and won. Easily. On my first go. Without much concern, and nowhere near death at any moment. But wait, this should be a happy moment for that other thread, right?

Wait for it... wait for it... waaiit foor iit...

No slots, staring at the better part of 1000HP to get to one, and this victory meant I now had TWO characters I was likely to have to make that "difficult but fun decision" I keep hearing is such an awesome part of the game...

Do I throw them both? Do I roster yet another level 70 4* card to go with the 7-8 others I've been staring at for months and months and months? Do I try to roster the 3*, knowing it's been over 600 days and I've yet to be able to hang on to one single 3* long enough to actually fully cover and level it?

Yeah, they got the "decision" part right anyway, and looking back from some point in the future, this will likely be the day that ultimately makes it.

Edit: Forgot to add, alliance imploding AGAIN, thanks to the latest PvE. For a game, MPQ ends up being more stressful than the things we're trying to escape when we play it to "relax..."

DBC
  • Malcrof
    Options
    DDQ, usually a bright spot for me. FIVE failures later, never seeing the second wave, I finally concede. Thanks for the ninjas D3, that whole, "even after they die they ultimately kill you" mechanic is SO much "fun."

This is why i keep a 2nd Daredevil with only purple covers to send to alliancemates.. Trust me, they will save you on "those days".

No slots, staring at the better part of 1000HP to get to one, and this victory meant I now had TWO characters I was likely to have to make that "difficult but fun decision" I keep hearing is such an awesome part of the game...
    DBC

1k a slot, means you have 70+ slots (i am at 70 now, just hit the 1k mark) and i have every 2*, 3*, and 4* available, with 3 1*'s and a 2nd Daredevil for sending team ups.. HP are fairly easy to get if you have no life, without spending money.

If you are casual like my wife, who is in the same boat.. she finally beat it and got her cover last night as well, she gets a lesson in selling expiring covers, or choosing to sell a char tonight, as she plays maybe 45 minutes a day at most lately (she pretty much quit after a month of no connection)
  • Malcrof
    Options
    blah, most people know, i really try to stay positive, and working for a software company, i defend the dev's quite a bit (as was pointed out to me earlier).. but i am seriously having my worst couple days in my MPQ history right now.. and positivity is waning fast.

A rundown of the last 18 hours..

I was starting my first clear of the new sub, got through 4 nodes, then had to make and eat dinner, pretty normal.. The game asked me if i wanted to update, so i started the update while i cooked. This was a little before 6pm EST when i updated. Since i installed the update, it has been stuck at loading 58%.

I uninstalled the game entirely, and reinstalled it, it loaded and i was finally able to play again a little before 10pm EST. My tokens did not come back though, and i lost over 3 hours of grinding in the Hulk PVE.. which means i am out of T10 for good.. sucks, i had worked my way up to #3 icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif

Edit 8:48am EST. Didn't notice until now, but all my progression in the Hood PVP is gone, the event reset on me... 680 points, gone.. it is showing 0 score, and seed teams...

So i tried restarting the Hood PVP, and after each match i get this:

4QIK6si.jpg

Did 1 fight in shield sim, same result.

Normally when this happens, it updates my season score anyway, but no joy on that..

1 or 2 matches, fine. it is a glitch.. but every single pvp match after losing all progression, no. Fix this asap please.. this is becoming one of my worst MPQ days ever... and of course it happens right after i was confident enough to drop some $$ into it to make sure i could roster Jean and roster a 2nd daredevil for purple team ups...
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    A little behind, but worked my way to 769 in Thor PVP, could find a match for the 31 points I needed, so had to settle for 22 point match. Won the match, but no more health packs and I don't shield in PVP. Missed the Thor greenflag.png and got attacked ALL the way back down to the 400's. I was able to hit the 500 mark in the last 45 minutes. If it weren't for that 10-pack at 4k...
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ... realizing there are still 3 grinds to go in PvE...
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Doc L wrote:

On a Saturday morning US time. Meaning no chance of a fix till Monday morning US time, afternoon my time (UK). So, pretty much killed my Enemy of the State PVE (I was ~30 after 2 days when this happened), and the Thing PVP. Added the fact I was ~90 overall in my season bracket, and lost days count against me, plus DDQ tomorrow, pretty painful day.

Yep that killed my EoTS as well, I was in in 1st place too!!! I got 1400HP as compensation (was locked out for 5/6 days and basically missed 2 pvps. I'm lucky my alliance is mellow and appreciates the work that I've done in the past. But yeah, the save game bug was awful.

The only real consolation was that is was a really nice 5 days. Went outside, did some climbing, and hiking!
  • Poodlec
    Poodlec Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    20 ISO reward. 3rd time. On a 1/4 node.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    blah, most people know, i really try to stay positive, and working for a software company, i defend the dev's quite a bit (as was pointed out to me earlier).. but i am seriously having my worst couple days in my MPQ history right now.. and positivity is waning fast.

A rundown of the last 18 hours..

I was starting my first clear of the new sub, got through 4 nodes, then had to make and eat dinner, pretty normal.. The game asked me if i wanted to update, so i started the update while i cooked. This was a little before 6pm EST when i updated. Since i installed the update, it has been stuck at loading 58%.

I uninstalled the game entirely, and reinstalled it, it loaded and i was finally able to play again a little before 10pm EST. My tokens did not come back though, and i lost over 3 hours of grinding in the Hulk PVE.. which means i am out of T10 for good.. sucks, i had worked my way up to #3 icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif

Edit 8:48am EST. Didn't notice until now, but all my progression in the Hood PVP is gone, the event reset on me... 680 points, gone.. it is showing 0 score, and seed teams...

So i tried restarting the Hood PVP, and after each match i get this:

4QIK6si.jpg

Did 1 fight in shield sim, same result.

Normally when this happens, it updates my season score anyway, but no joy on that..

1 or 2 matches, fine. it is a glitch.. but every single pvp match after losing all progression, no. Fix this asap please.. this is becoming one of my worst MPQ days ever... and of course it happens right after i was confident enough to drop some $$ into it to make sure i could roster Jean and roster a 2nd daredevil for purple team ups...

Yeah, this reminds me of the change I went through a while back.

I'm sure some have noticed my attitude change in the forum. Heck, I even had a well-meaning poster contact me privately to make sure I wasn't burning out and blowing large chunks of cash in the process (no worries about that in this game, at least as it's currently monetized. icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif )

I think for me my treatment by D3's "customer care" department around my Ultron DDQ ticket was likely the first noticeable shoe to drop, followed by the realization that I had been playing a game for 2 years with virtually nothing to show for it.

I realize that I'm more negative lately, but frankly after playing another Marvel game for a month or two, it's really hard to swallow so much of what I dealt with in MPQ for so long as anything short of what it is.

Not sure what to tell you. Positivity is awesome, but it only goes so far, you know? Especially in the face of unrelenting reality.

I guess I'd say this: Enjoy it for what it is, try to suggest things that could make it better, and be aware that at the end of the day, it's only a game, and there are literally 1000s upon 1000s of others just dying to be played...

DBC
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I normally have pretty good luck with speed bracketing the PvP event that ends at 7 PM central time on Tuesdays. Tonight, I enter as number 370. icon_e_sad.gif