Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pull a daily token from the Independence Vault. With my eyes closed, so as not to mis-click because oh **** go, I click. open eyes. See that I clicked on Elektra. Well, okay. I'm not getting her, I know that.

Ticks over to Falcon. Well, you know, he's 5/4/2, so maybe I'll get a blue or purple cover I can use!

Ticks over to Human Torch. Okay, okay. We can still salvage this if it's a 3* fireball cover.

It was a fireball cover.

2*

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Eating a Colussus Fastball Special that chose GSBW's Sniper Rifle as the free skill.

Ouch.
  • MikeG72
    MikeG72 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Fighting that OBW/Carnage/Cyclops node - I get through OBW and Carnage pretty easy... but then Cyclops gets a series of ridiculous cascades and goes off on me. That was as close as I got in three more tries. That was nearly a throw-the-phone-through-a-wall time for me.
  • Unknown
    Options
    MikeG72 wrote:
    Fighting that OBW/Carnage/Cyclops node - I get through OBW and Carnage pretty easy... but then Cyclops gets a series of ridiculous cascades and goes off on me. That was as close as I got in three more tries. That was nearly a throw-the-phone-through-a-wall time for me.
    carnage is low priority but thats a hard node, went over it on my stream
  • Unknown
    Options
    lol D3 nerfed my alliance name...again!

RIP muthaphucabees. it lasted a whole 3 pvps...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Eating a Colussus Fastball Special that chose GSBW's Sniper Rifle as the free skill.

Ouch.

This has happened to me twice today this pve.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was trying to get to 1000 in the Captain America event. I had 980 and a pretty easy fight to put me over the top. Finish the fight pretty quickly and watch my score go from 860 to 893. Yup, hit 3 times during that fight and lost 120 points. Tried another fight and got hit with a super cascade that let cMags and XForce go to town on me. Lost that fight and got hit again for my troubles. Now I'm down to 815. So much for that IW greenflag.png .
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    I did that thing last night where I assumed that the sub event was 24 hours and ground almost all of the nodes to 1, only to realize that I still had another 24 hours to go.

Thankfully I wasn't in the running for the whole event anyway due to my neglecting the final grind in the previous sub.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    How about last night where the servers crashed with 40 min left on my shield? Tried for 5+ hours on and off to get on....nothing. Got in this morning with a few hours left in the PVP.....and was down 250 points. I was 2-3 fights from my 1k before shielding...so lost the shield, couldnt get IMHB and was top 200 rather than 16th where I was at when shielded. Awesome.
  • Unknown
    Options
    When I realised that Ant-Man reward is a 7 day Enemy of the State.
  • Unknown
    Options
    MarCr wrote:
    When I realised that Ant-Man reward is a 7 day Enemy of the State.
    what about when u realized antman is available in another event?
  • Unknown
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:

What about when you realised that one Ant-Man was available in the other event, but five are on offer in the pve?
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    661218.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    MarCr wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

What about when you realised that one Ant-Man was available in the other event, but five are on offer in the pve?
    I only need one.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MarCr wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

where's the 5th? 1st and 2nd get 4 - 1/2/1. and nothing in progression. and I can barely stomach grinding t20 much less anything higher, and unless I get a bracket open up on Monday, I can accept my 1-2 cover ant man. he looks like a great pve character but not sure about pvp.
  • Unknown
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    where's the 5th? 1st and 2nd get 4 - 1/2/1. and nothing in progression.

Alliance reward.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When I discovered I opened my last Independence Vault token (it's ending in a few hours), and that out of my total of 12 draws 10 were two stars. Ugh.
    Well, at least one of the two golds I pulled was useful, and one that I wanted - Cyclops red.
  • Marvelfamily
    Marvelfamily Posts: 208
    Options
    linkounet wrote:
    Worst moment happened right now

Finally reach top 25 of tex mex pretty hard to reach with a level 94 2 stars roster (I don't know why but can't find people of my lvl)

I'm doing my last game 3 min before the end,

I win, pass the reward and.......

Surprise

I mean really in 3 minutes...

And of course defeat by people with maxed 4 stars, and at least 20 maxed 3 stars

**** is wrong in matchmaking

You lost 153 places in THREE minutes? icon_eek.gif

Oh yeah, that's why I don't bother with PvP. Sheesh.

DBC

Yeah, happened to me on a lightning round a few days ago. With Iron Man Modell 40, ranked on 11, 2 or 3 minutes later, whooossh, fell down on something beyond 300... imagine my face... icon_cry.gificon_eek.gif
  • Epok
    Epok Posts: 41
    Options
    Pulled 30 health packs from tokens in 2 days. Lost 200 points in pvp during a single match each of those 2 days. Woke up today on day 3 to clear the PVE nodes and the final node with ninjas had 4 red tiles all spread out, and the board only had 1 move for me each turn til i died. Twice in a row.

This game is TRYING to make me quit.

Can we rename the game from PUZZLE quest to LUCK quest?
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    linkounet wrote:
    Worst moment happened right now

Finally reach top 25 of tex mex pretty hard to reach with a level 94 2 stars roster (I don't know why but can't find people of my lvl)

I'm doing my last game 3 min before the end,

I win, pass the reward and.......

Surprise

I mean really in 3 minutes...

And of course defeat by people with maxed 4 stars, and at least 20 maxed 3 stars

**** is wrong in matchmaking

Getting hit for big whammies like that sucks, but what always bothered me is how I'd finish a fight, it'd show that I earned the progression, and then after that screen it'd go "oh look you got hit for X points, you don't get your reward after all."

Big part of why I stopped PVP'ing for so long and why I'm still trying to find my sweet spot for how much/often I'm going to play it going forward. I care much more about the progression rewards than the placement rewards, so when I chase progression I want to be sure someone isn't pulling the chair out from under me just as I sit down.