Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    seeing that the spoiler thread is being shut down
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    blah, most people know, i really try to stay positive, and working for a software company, i defend the dev's quite a bit (as was pointed out to me earlier).. but i am seriously having my worst couple days in my MPQ history right now.. and positivity is waning fast.

A rundown of the last 18 hours..

I was starting my first clear of the new sub, got through 4 nodes, then had to make and eat dinner, pretty normal.. The game asked me if i wanted to update, so i started the update while i cooked. This was a little before 6pm EST when i updated. Since i installed the update, it has been stuck at loading 58%.

I uninstalled the game entirely, and reinstalled it, it loaded and i was finally able to play again a little before 10pm EST. My tokens did not come back though, and i lost over 3 hours of grinding in the Hulk PVE.. which means i am out of T10 for good.. sucks, i had worked my way up to #3 icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif

Edit 8:48am EST. Didn't notice until now, but all my progression in the Hood PVP is gone, the event reset on me... 680 points, gone.. it is showing 0 score, and seed teams...

So i tried restarting the Hood PVP, and after each match i get this:

Did 1 fight in shield sim, same result.

Normally when this happens, it updates my season score anyway, but no joy on that..

1 or 2 matches, fine. it is a glitch.. but every single pvp match after losing all progression, no. Fix this asap please.. this is becoming one of my worst MPQ days ever... and of course it happens right after i was confident enough to drop some $$ into it to make sure i could roster Jean and roster a 2nd daredevil for purple team ups...

Yeah, this reminds me of the change I went through a while back.

I'm sure some have noticed my attitude change in the forum. Heck, I even had a well-meaning poster contact me privately to make sure I wasn't burning out and blowing large chunks of cash in the process (no worries about that in this game, at least as it's currently monetized. icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif )

I think for me my treatment by D3's "customer care" department around my Ultron DDQ ticket was likely the first noticeable shoe to drop, followed by the realization that I had been playing a game for 2 years with virtually nothing to show for it.

I realize that I'm more negative lately, but frankly after playing another Marvel game for a month or two, it's really hard to swallow so much of what I dealt with in MPQ for so long as anything short of what it is.

Not sure what to tell you. Positivity is awesome, but it only goes so far, you know? Especially in the face of unrelenting reality.

I guess I'd say this: Enjoy it for what it is, try to suggest things that could make it better, and be aware that at the end of the day, it's only a game, and there are literally 1000s upon 1000s of others just dying to be played...

DBC

I think after so much of one game you break down and start defending the one you play when it's **** towards it's players.

I may be new to MPQ, but I've been there before. I've learned that games like these tend to make discussions impossible. while yes part of the fun is the reward, you can only be strung along so long.

My biggest piece of advice is to think after you do something in the game is ask yourself if you enjoyed it. 5 minutes. 1 hour, 30 seconds, whatever scale you like but when the I'm not having fun trumps the I'm having fun, time to move on to the next one.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    playing pvp. at about 1/2 way through the match i needed one more green ap to get widow's sniper rifle going. couldn't make a match to save my life from that point. lost my other 2 characters. still needed one green. finally got it. had around 1700-2000 health left. just needed my next turn to fire it for victory. nope. other team gets a ridiculous cascade ending with a match-5 for a critical and then finished me with the bonus move.

it took every last ounce of control not to smash my phone on the ground.
  • Unknown
    Options
    jredd wrote:
    playing pvp. at about 1/2 way through the match i needed one more green ap to get widow's sniper rifle going. couldn't make a match to save my life from that point. lost my other 2 characters. still needed one green. finally got it. had around 1700-2000 health left. just needed my next turn to fire it for victory. nope. other team gets a ridiculous cascade ending with a match-5 for a critical and then finished me with the bonus move.

it took every last ounce of control not to smash my phone on the ground.
    D3 just released Jean Grey so that won't happen *kappa* icon_e_wink.gif
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    When I realized I was getting more Jean covers with my alt account that I played for 7 hours than my main account with 100k+ score that I played for 7 days.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Doing my last shield hop in Luke Cage PVP, first fight taking me to 1295, second fight to 1350, first place and a red Hulkbuster i desperately need but i get sniped and land at 1150 instead icon_cry.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yesterday i tried to hit 1k in cage PVP. Before i gave up, i made it to 919. Found a match worth 54, beat it, but took a while, lost 38 points when it was over, for a net of +16, so at 935, next match, a net win as well, now at 952.. found a 61 pt match, and for some reason.. this stupid match had a barren board for both teams.. you know, heart pounding going as fast as you can, used boosts as well.. what felt like 3 hours later (was actually about 6 or 7 minutes), i won.. held my breath, and the net was .... drumroll.... -211.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wiping on my late climb in Luke Cage PVP... twice... to Loki teams, where I un-luckily got massive cascades and multiple match 5's... after purposely giving up match 4's in lieu of match 3's to avoid Trickery. 6 of 10 health packs gone and wasted. icon_e_sad.gif

Cascades... when you don't want em, you get em. When you need them, the board is a barren wasteland and you are counting the turns for SW Arcane Incantation to go off and mix it up a little bit.
  • W4LAndre
    W4LAndre Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    Wiping on my late climb in Luke Cage PVP... twice... to Loki teams, where I un-luckily got massive cascades and multiple match 5's... after purposely giving up match 4's in lieu of match 3's to avoid Trickery. 6 of 10 health packs gone and wasted. icon_e_sad.gif

Cascades... when you don't want em, you get em. When you need them, the board is a barren wasteland and you are counting the turns for SW Arcane Incantation to go off and mix it up a little bit.

I feel your pain, the same thing happened to me. The only 2 losses I had were against Loki teams. For the first time ever since I've been playing the AI properly used Berserker/Trickery....that one hurt.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Playing a match today in Psy pvp. Loving the PVP PSy nicely boosted. Up to 400 where i usually sit to wait till less time is left. Play a match against thor psy and cap marvel. easy?

Im using daken and blade for kicks. All with almost 3/4 health as daken tanks the black and purple.

Anyhow. So they have thor left and cap marvel both on less then 100, she busts her tile conversion thing to tu tiles. Cascade city. He does a call the storm. Red power , yellow power. Call the storm. Then tu power rage of the black panther.

I loose.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looking at my roster tracker just now and seeing the number "12.28%" next to my "3*" field, then looking a couple columns to the right and seeing "4,207,714" as the amount of ISO I still need to max all the 3*.

Still a long, long, way to go...
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Being hit by a known sniper shortly after my second match in a hop for as many points as I gained on those two matches. Way to be a jerk you jerky jerkface.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Joining a Lightning Round sixty seconds after it starts and getting no seed teams. Grrrr! It seems fair there should always be three seed teams, regardless of when you join. That way you don't have to become immediately depressed by the 249 Magneto/249 Loki/270 Carnage node fight that pops up as the very first fight node you select.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Watching a Technopathic Strike-fueled mega-cascade completely down my level 127 Loki from nearly full health. Doom didn't even have to cast another ability. The cascade alone did it. At least 3 match-5's along the way, a couple more 4's, I dunno, I completely lost track. Doom had 22 black when it was over plus 20 in some other color (one he couldn't use) and lesser numbers in the rest.

Just. Wow. And icon_evil.gif
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Looking at my roster tracker just now and seeing the number "12.28%" next to my "3*" field, then looking a couple columns to the right and seeing "4,207,714" as the amount of ISO I still need to max all the 3*.

Still a long, long, way to go...

Keep racking up those 20 iso rewards and you'll get there in no time.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not sure if this falls into best or worst, but if all else fails, the glass is half empty icon_lol.gif

Attempted to climb to 1300 in Fatal Attraction for a Hulkbuster blue. That blue cover has eluded me for months now. Uncannily, I manage to pick a slice with no major alliances in it. Despite the lack of high scorers, I manage to hop to 1200, then totally run out of any targets worth hitting on a hop. In addition, I'm now sitting 150 points above #2, and every time I hop, I get sniped because everybody's shielded. Needless to say, I didn't hit that 1300.

On the other hand, I did score my first ever 1st in PvP. Except I couldn't use any of the rewards, including the 4* for placement, since they were all dupes. Somewhere the MPQ gods are laughing at me. It's all very Greek.
  • Watching a Technopathic Strike-fueled mega-cascade completely down my level 127 Loki from nearly full health. Doom didn't even have to cast another ability. The cascade alone did it. At least 3 match-5's along the way, a couple more 4's, I dunno, I completely lost track. Doom had 22 black when it was over plus 20 in some other color (one he couldn't use) and lesser numbers in the rest.

Just. Wow. And icon_evil.gif
    only loki? pssh, kids these days
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes I'm going to complain about it on every thread i can get my hands on.

98 at 11:59:30PM 101 at 12PM events end.

icon_deadpool.pngicon_evil.gificon_cry.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4:48PM EST (event ends at 5pm).. neighbor knocks on the door.. for something that clearly could have waited until NEVER.. and won't shut up about his one of his chickens being killed by a racoon... because of him, i finished 22nd.. missed the extra XDP cover... over a stupid dead chicken.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    4:48PM EST (event ends at 5pm).. neighbor knocks on the door.. for something that clearly could have waited until NEVER.. and won't shut up about his one of his chickens being killed by a racoon... because of him, i finished 22nd.. missed the extra XDP cover... over a stupid dead chicken.
    your neighbor was distracting you so his alliancemate could get top 20