Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• Apostrophe
    Options
    My worst MPQ moment is whenever I get the crazy idea that I should try using Invisible Woman, again.

"She's my highest level character! She must be good!"

"They buffed her! She must be good!"

"She's a 4-star character, she must be good!"

And then frustration and anger follow.

She is just garbage. Always a hindrance to the team. Useless. Wasted ISO. And still I keep trying, because I am an idiot.

"She's my highest level character! She must be good!"

"She's a 4-star character, she must be good!"
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Went into a PvP match in some tournament last week with 2 maxed 3 stars and decent level of the target char against 2 unbuffed 2 stars. Lost in 2 turns due to them cascading the entire board multiple times in a row. I think it was Ms Marvel and Wolverine...
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Akari wrote:
    Went into a PvP match in some tournament last week with 2 maxed 3 stars and decent level of the target char against 2 unbuffed 2 stars. Lost in 2 turns due to them cascading the entire board multiple times in a row. I think it was Ms Marvel and Wolverine...
    That nearly happened to me in SHIELD Sim yesterday. Level 133 Cyclops + Steve + 117 Khan against 94 OBW, Ares, and someone. I got one blue shield out, and one Cyclops skill I think. Ares hit me with two Sunders, three Onslaughts, and a Rampage, after a stupid cascade fueled he & OBW both for multiple turns. I lost Steve outright, Cyclops was down to <500 health, and Khan was in decent shape to end the match.

Ares just sucks to play against.
  • I can't think off a good thread to post it in, especially since it's super old now.

But remember when token_legendary.png tokens first launched, and people were all like. "Oh wow I can't wait to get nothing but icon_starlord.pngyellowflag.png ", seemingly agreed to be one of the most useless abilities out there.

And then 4* DDQ happened.

And the opponent was Magneto.

And what was his teamup?

icon_starlord.pngyellowflag.png

Nobody called it useless then, that's for sure.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spending 400 HP over the last 4 days on the Ice-man PVP vault... and getting 2* covers every.single.time.

I want my HP back... icon_e_sad.gif

I bought the tokens hoping to pull an Iceman from the vault... only to win him for free in PVP by hitting 1K without shielding... then I found that I was 400 HP away from being to afford the roster spot to recruit him. DOH! Irony.
  • I got my first 3 star with 13 covers yesterday!

It was Iron Man 40. icon_e_sad.gif

Edit: Runner up for the day, got my pve legendary simulator token, and figured since I was only missing Elektra, Thing, Nick, Star Lord, and Thor from the token, the odds were heavily in my favor to get a cover for one of my existing 4 stars!

Pulled a Thor. 175 points shy of a roster slot currently, as well. :\

On the upside, I am insanely close to having every character rostered aside from dino and bagman and the 1 stars, and I am only just now at 157. I have all 2 stars optimally covered and at 94 outside Bags, and I have all of the 3 stars, and am only now missing Elektra, Thing, Nick, and StarLord once I slot Thoress.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Narrrr.... tokens.
    I opened a ten-pack heroic (season), a heroic token, four event tokens, and eight standard tokens, and did not get a *single* usable cover. Also, my three Iceman vault tokens (one of those bought for the daily deal 100 HP) were all two stars. :/ At least it can only go up from here!
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Fighting a 47 pt fight in pvp against max HB, IF, and Cyc. Would have put me over 500. Was down to my Cyclops with 126 health vs AI Cyc with 220 health. I still had a IF fist out so one match and I win. Put my finger on a tile and......game reboots..... Lose points and have to burn 3 more health packs to try again, but of course now I can't find a fight worth more than 28 points.
  • Avalokitesvara
    Options
    My everyday worst moment is when during a fight, a cyke/cage/magneto/thor gets enough AP in a single cascade at the beginning of the fight to kill one or 2 of my characters before I had time to match a couple gems.
    Usually the third time in a row I get so angry and bitter I lose any will to play, so I quit even before finishing the match.
    And this happens so often I will never win anything in any event.

I dunno how I resist quitting altogheter. Maybe that's because this game is the closest thing we will ever get to the true, great Puzzle Quest.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bringing Loki into the Wolverine essential node, because I figure, hell-cascade insurance. Steal the AP.

Watching Loki melt from a 3rd-turn hell cascade that left him < 1000 health with Godlike Power about to fire on the next turn to finish him off. icon_evil.gif Fat lot of good those CD tiles did me then...
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Doing a simple goon node in Thick as Thieves using OBW + Stormneto against a Hitman and 2 Assassins. I got the hitman out early, but the board was pretty bad (only black and team-up matches).

There's a 2-turn Sniper tile and a 1-turn Sniper tile, and Storm can survive a shot if I keep her out front. So I make the only match I can (a Green to get enough for Lightning Storm, hopefully so I can get enough AP/pick the other tile off the next turn.)

The tile goes off. Storm loses half her health, the bottom right corner of the board goes, and she's okay. Raging Tempest brings the non-stunned Assassin down to 51 health. The remaining sniper tile is now at 1 turn.... oh, but because of the dreadful way this game advances CD tiles (if they fall after ticking once and drop further they'll tick again in the same turn) the second one also goes off, killing Storm.

I won the rest of that match, but... come on. If you tinykitty put the CD tile at 2 turns, IT SHOULD NOT GO DOWN TWICE IN THE SAME TURN.

There's always a thread or two in Bugs + Technical Issues about this and to my recollection no red name has said a single thing concerning the issue. Can we please have an event log or something so the tiles tick once per turn regardless of where they fall?
  • bobbyfish
    Options
    Having a fairly standard shield hop to 800 killed by a cascading professor X hitting 2 5's in the first 2 goes followed by GSBW sniper on the 3rd turn! I didn't even notice them pick up any green!
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Won a 10 pack nice and early in the season! Woot! Accidentally opened it without sacrificing a goat, or rubbing a troll's head, etc.

2 x star.pngstar.pngstar.png (neither at all useful to me or needed)
    Panther blue
    Iron Man yellow

The Iron Man yellow was like salt in the wound. Oh, and 3 **** marvel star.pngstar.png covers! A veritable selection of them!

WORST 10 pack, ever.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Won a 10 pack nice and early in the season! Woot! Accidentally opened it without sacrificing a goat, or rubbing a troll's head, etc.

Panther blue
    Iron Man yellow

The Iron Man yellow was like salt in the wound. Oh, and 3 **** marvel star.pngstar.png covers! A veritable selection of them!

WORST 10 pack, ever.
    know what you mean. im transitioning from 2* to 3* and my season 10pack had a single 3* cover.
    the last THIRTY (or something) heroic and event tokens gave me TWO 3*, and i had already 5 levels in that color - which is absolutely awesome, because thats the only two maxed covers in all my 3*s.
    i could rant all day icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Receiving my 9th useless cover from legendary tokens out of 10 opened so far, despite only having 3 4*'s that don't need covers
  • Won a 10 pack nice and early in the season! Woot! Accidentally opened it without sacrificing a goat, or rubbing a troll's head, etc.

Panther blue
    Iron Man yellow

WORST 10 pack, ever.

I disagree. Statistically there is an average of around 2.7
    gold covers (3* or higher) in a 10 pack. 4 golds doesn't seem like a bad deal.

Some context on how many fully covered 3 stars you have might change that perception.
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Grantosium wrote:

Panther blue
    Iron Man yellow

WORST 10 pack, ever.

I disagree. Statistically there is an average of around 2.7
    gold covers (3* or higher) in a 10 pack. 4 golds doesn't seem like a bad deal.

Some context on how many fully covered 3 stars you have might change that perception.

I completely see how you interpreted my post, but it was only 2 golds, not 4. The only 3 stars in the pack were the Panther and IM40.

.. but you are dead on about my 3 star needs being few and far between. The game rarely throws me 3 star cover that I do need, since my roster is almost fully tweaked.
  • I won a Legendary Token from DDQ this morning, got a SS.

But wait, surely that's good news, right? The top prize from the vault, and the latest "hot new thing?"

Apparently, reading the forum chatter, it sounds like I'm about to penalized via scaling/MMR even further for having the audacity to roster a character I will likely not even be able to use for the next year+...

Cannot WAIT to open my next event.

I guess I could reframe it the way others seem able to? MPQ just got "more challenging" for me... you know, because I opened a Token.

Marvelous.

DBC
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You could wait two weeks to roster him? Maybe things will change between now and then.
  • You could wait two weeks to roster him? Maybe things will change between now and then.

Nothing quite as exciting and rewarding as getting something worth getting and not being able to take possession of it, let alone actuallyuse it, right? icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh, MPQ, how you continue to taunt me and challenge my love for you... icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC