Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• JVReal wrote:
    Discussing strategy in the Galactus Event thread, then seeing the devs change the Boss to eliminate every strategy discussed in the forums as they appeared.
    And the cherry on top - now they added damage to CDs to make sure your characters won't last long in case you have any other ideas you didn't share.
    I am slowly getting to the idea if you come across some know-how keep it to yourself. Not because other players would use and you lose the edge. But because the devs would find out and make changes to ruin. What the hell happened to word 'puzzle' in MPQ? Almost all the ideas to counter the Galactus were trashed by last minute changes.
  • Not being able to play Galactus event. icon_e_confused.gificon_e_confused.gificon_e_confused.gif
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 344 Mover and Shaker
    colwag wrote:
    I found out the new 5 star is Wolverine.

Like, seriously guys? Wolverine isn't even the most powerful X-Man nor Avenger, so why is he the strongest character in your game.

I can't with yall.

For related reasons, I'm still kinda mad that Squirrel Girl wasn't a 4*

And now, not a 5*

(Can we get 5* Squirrel Girl (Classic)?, please? icon_e_biggrin.gif)

Posts like these make me miss down-voting.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled an OML red from winning DDQ. Now have to weigh the pro's and con's of his effects on the initial levels in PVE and possibly getting dumped into a different MMR bucket in PVP. If I had his yellow, I could use him as a tank in PVE and hide red/yellow/black users behind him. Since I have his red, if Daken or Blade aren't out there to create strike tiles, he can't even be a sustainable tank b/c he creates strike tiles for self damage if I fire any abilities.

If I had any other 5* cover, I could use them as match damaging tanks. This is the one cover, where a 5* hurts himself while being a match damaging tank, which defeats the purpose of being a tank. If you're unaware of what 1 red cover does, here it is

Reluctant Hero - redtile.png Passive
    (PASSIVE) Logan does his best to avoid a fight, but can't help getting pulled in by the people he cares about. When an ally fires a power, if there are fewer than 5 friendly Strike tiles, Logan loses 725 health and creates 2 strength 78 Red Strike tiles.

At 1 cover, he's got 10567 health. Without Blade, Daken or Bullseye to create Strike tiles with their passives, Logan is chipping away at his own health when my team uses an ability. If I can't keep the Strike tiles on the board, he's just gonna keep wasting away with every ability I use and the benefit that I get to see, are 2 strength 78 Red Strike tiles.
  • Wintersmith
    Wintersmith Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Beat Galactus. Get 40 iso.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 663 Critical Contributor
    Not being able to play Galactus event. icon_e_confused.gificon_e_confused.gificon_e_confused.gif
    Mine was playing the event.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Level 150'ish wave node where the first wave is Juggernaut/Venom/Yelena Belova and the second wave was Daken/Moonstone/Bullseye.

Welcome to tinykittyville, population: me.
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    Convinced the game is fixed after this morning. Sat on 968, confident of getting my first ever pvp 1000.

Pick the only target I can manage, worth about 35. Successfully shield hop...to 999.

One hour later, break shield to a perfectly winnable fight, get immediately hit by monster cascades, knocked back to 950. Annoying, but I find another one for 55. Quickly enter, hit by 2 critical on the first hit by a low level Prof x. Basically wiped.

My team of gamora/groot/kk had been easily wiping the floor with teams until I get this close.

Another failed attempt at a total cost of 750 HP. Won't be trying that again for a while.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    CT1888 wrote:
    mr_X wrote:
    Todays puzzle quest low point has to be getting hut for fifty odd points 5 minute's after I shielded. Did not even know such a thing could happen.
    I just had that happen too. Baws.

same here. shielded, then proceeded to lose 80 points, knocking me down from just over 900 (manageable), to 820 (pointless).
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    bobbyfish wrote:
    Convinced the game is fixed after this morning. Sat on 968, confident of getting my first ever pvp 1000.

Pick the only target I can manage, worth about 35. Successfully shield hop...to 999.

One hour later, break shield to a perfectly winnable fight, get immediately hit by monster cascades, knocked back to 950. Annoying, but I find another one for 55. Quickly enter, hit by 2 critical on the first hit by a low level Prof x. Basically wiped.

My team of gamora/groot/kk had been easily wiping the floor with teams until I get this close.

Another failed attempt at a total cost of 750 HP. Won't be trying that again for a while.

happens. all. the. time.

people on here will call you crazy, or a whiner, or say 'the game is random, bro'. but there are times when the game decides you will lose. generally around an important progression.
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    jredd wrote:
    bobbyfish wrote:

happens. all. the. time.

people on here will call you crazy, or a whiner, or say 'the game is random, bro'. but there are times when the game decides you will lose. generally around an important progression.

Yeah, I try not to moan too much, but this thread was calling out to me today. Seems to be happening a lot lately!
  • Dropped $20 on HP. First mistake. Figured, instead of saving the HP on slots and daily discounted tokens, to try my luck on a 10 pack event covers.
    I got nothing usable whatsoever. Eight 2*s and two 3*s. Ugh I feel sick. What a waste.
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Aw yeah, 672 Points in Black Vortex and I got a 30 point node ripe for the taking. Psylocke/Doom/Buffed Mohawk.
    (First time i hit 700 in a PvP!)
    I bring my trusy Gamora/R&G combo which carried me through the event along with GSBW to fuel green with purple. One cast of I Got a Plan and I'm good to go for the rest of the match.

Hit start, apply a +2 All Ap boost for good measure and begin.
    OH WHAT JOYOUS DAY A BLUE MATCH-5 AWAITING THE START OF THE FIGHT. I'M SO HITTING SEV-
    Steam wrote:
    Marvel Puzzle Quest.exe has stopped working. Windows is looking for a solution.
    planetoftheapes.jpg
  • Having a team with mostly full health and the opponent down to 1/2 hits left and YAY opponent uses Call the Storm team up!

..ugh

edit: I easily won, just the loss of 4k total health sucks.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Entire bad mpq day. After the anniversary token odds changes, played some pvp for the season 10 pack. Zero Dinos - one 3* Cyclops and one Elektra in a sea of moonstones. Both unusable.

Fine. I bought some hp during the sale, right? Let's try buying a 10 pack. Zero Dinos . Sentry, Spidey, Gamora, IW yellow, HB black. All unusable. (I kept the HB for my spare, now 3/3/2.)

Played sim pve. 3+ clears, almost all drops were standard tokens, critical boosts and 40 iso. Thanks, mpq. You know just the way to bring joy to my life.

Side-note. I now have the equivalent of a loaner Elektra in my cover queue, one colour each from pvp, accidentally opened legendary and 10 pack.

(Seriously. All I want from anniversary is Dinos, all the Dinos. Please make Dino a pvp reward soon, I will shield-hop like a fiend no matter how much I hate it for the sake of his chompy, bitey self.)
  • It's not a surprise to anybody. We know how it all works, and what happens if you don't shield and have an underleveled team aiming above their scale.

But.

It's always sad to open up MPQ to a -217 PVP score. No matter how deserved.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Best and worst. Made 1k with no shields 2 events in a row and only 2 times I've done it. Shielded with less than 8 hours to go and at 1050 or so. Broke shield layer to add some points, managed 3 matches, got to 1175 or so. At this point I was excited. Could I get to 1.3k for the first time?
    Apparently, no. Broke shield again later, lost 1st match. Won second one, went to shield figuring maybe another day. Only I just had a 3 hour left, and there was 3 hours 10mins left. I got knocked all the way down to 850 trying to keep the pace, hit after hit. Did manage to fight my way back to 1k and finally shield, so I guess that's good but man that sucked.
  • Running into 4* Cyclops/2* Storm/Jean in the Simulator when your main team is Kamala Khan/3* Storm/3* Thor. Having to drop Storm at any point hurts my team a LOT but usually I can use Kamala and Thor with either Daken or 3* Black Widow and still take care of business. Then I actually started the game and realized that this combo of characters is certifiably insane unless you like to use stun. Jean punishing for any crits (Kamala and Thor? What could POSSIBLY go wrong!?), Storm punishing for any big damage (What's that? Daken creates strike tiles and Black Widow you just bring in for the Sniper Rifle? What could POSSIBLY go wrong!?), and Cyclops pretty much creating Red AP at will with Called Shot just wrecked me... Numerous times. It's the first time in a LONG time that I walked out of a game thinking "Did the devs just not test this group together and realize how much this takes away?"

Probably just sour grapes on my end since I legitimately can't think of a way around Jean and Storm together, but this pairing is OP in my book...
  • During Galactus, I put in a ticket because I received 40 iso on the first win of a round, and I got a response today saying that I should expect the non-rewards even when no rewards have yet been claimed.

Salt to the gaping wound that was the Galactus event.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    tried for my first 1300 in PVP today.. unshielded @ 1177, won 2 75 point matches, but lost 256 points and finished @ 1068... destroying my best pvp finish ever...