Ultron Run 1 Issues - UPDATE 5/4 12:30p EDT

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    we need to start a round 2 issues thread
  • I've also been getting the zero points from nodes along with the connections issues preventing me from playing.
  • Punatulkku
    Punatulkku Posts: 228
    also cause of connection issues, i didint get my sw from the first ultron run, which makes me unable to be effective at second ultron.. ty d3
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:
    we need to start a round 2 issues thread

I did and they moved it to Bugs.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards

Update 4/30 @ 5:12pm:
    Just a quick update with a little new info:
    We're trying to get these fixes rolled out tomorrow, so you'll able to enjoy them over the weekend. This will include covers that you were very close to attaining.

I don't have an update on non-Ultron events yet. We'll begin working on those once Ultron is wrapped up, early next week.

Thnx!
  • I submitted a ticket yesterday, but just commenting here to restate.

Was locked out of the first day and last day most of the the day, alliance finished round 8 with 20 or so hours left in event. I didn't play the last day much since we knew about players being prevent from 1 Million progression when we beat Ultron and wanted to make sure higher scores got it. I finished with just under 800k, 1 Million was doable. I also missed the scarlet witch covers for round 7 and 8 since I couldn't play after work and Rage of the Panther since I wasn't able to get into the game at all that night. Those 4 covers is all I really want, any Iso, tokens, or deadpool pts I would have got from playing is a bonus.
  • Third, please give us that Scarlet Witch cover immediately - now is already starting to be too late. Since you are pushing ahead with the next event and SW is required, that means our ability to complete said event is directly related to whether or not our alliance is able to get that cover. Also, for the record, pushing ahead immediately was a poor choice in my opinion. You really should have delayed a few days to do damage control and give your programmers more time.

I must say I totaly agree with this comment. I couldt get in to help with the 3 first ultrons in this first event.
    And becouse of this I have an even harder time to hit him for the next run.

This event was great! It was load of fun it was a good new way to play the game but we need the SW cover compensation NOW icon_eek.gif
  • Hey all,
    We're sorry for the issues many players experienced during the first run of the Avengers vs Ultron event. It's obviously not ideal, but we think the risk in trying out new event structures is worth it. We can't make the game better without trying new things, and learning from that experience.
    We're trying to get these fixes rolled out tomorrow, so you'll able to enjoy them over the weekend. This will include covers that you were very close to attaining.

I don't have an update on non-Ultron events yet. We'll begin working on those once Ultron is wrapped up, early next week.

Freakin' SWEEET.

If I might, a question:

Regarding non-ultron events. If I'm looking at falling just shy of the Oscorp Heroic PVE SRCA redflag.png reward (not that I'm ready to give up just yet, but I don't think I can mathematically do it from this point), should I take screens of my final point total?

I guess I could generalize that question for everyone who is interested: Should we take screens of our respective concerns/ultimate final scores?

Oh, and thank you for the update! Quite uplifting news! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Cheers!

DBC
  • I wasn't able to reshield for the pvp nor make a clear in the current Oscorp event. My alliance finished off ultron early but I was locked out of the game for 6 or 7 hours.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    "that you were VERY CLOSE to attaining" sounds very dubious.

:+/
  • renise5811
    renise5811 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    I missed first 6.5 hrs and last 5 hrs. Had 998000 pts so missed an easily achieved quick silver
    and possible my alliance missing ultra prime 8 scarlet witch
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,395 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:

put this in another topic but will copy it here

i say it be something like when season ended

people under 300k will be given a token
    People 300 to 450 will be given one QS cover
    people 550 to 700 will be given 2nd cover
    people 800 will b given the 3rd cover

people who was in stage 5 will be given stage 6 cover
    people who was in stage 6 will be given stage 7 cover
    people who was in stage 7 will be given stage 8 cover
    people who was in stage 8 but could not complete stage 8 due to the crash will be given stage 8 cover

will we also issue between 3 to 5 event tokens (could be as high as 10 but doubt that)
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    slidecage wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

people who was in stage 8 but could not complete stage 8 due to the crash will be given stage 8 cover

will we also issue between 3 to 5 event tokens (could be as high as 10 but doubt that)

That would be nice but it does not address the issue of the way the event started right after and now many people who where on stage 5 have no shot at competing for the hulkbuster. With how bad down time was it should be two levels up, and they should extend the hulk event at least as long as it takes to get those compensations out. Otherwise the well covered/large/old alliances just get stronger while the younger alliances get weaker.
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    slidecage wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

That would be nice but it does not address the issue of the way the event started right after and now many people who where on stage 5 have no shot at competing for the hulkbuster. With how bad down time was it should be two levels up, and they should extend the hulk event at least as long as it takes to get those compensations out. Otherwise the well covered/large/old alliances just get stronger while the younger alliances get weaker.
  • bloafx69
    bloafx69 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Oooooooh great, "very close"!! Sounds very subjective!! I guess I'm not getting my Scarlet Witch or Quick Silver covers icon_e_sad.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

If this is true, it seems very fair, and will be exactly what we deserved and needed. Our alliance fell into the close to finishing stage six, and we had a few people in the 450-650k mark close to their covers.

Thank you very much for the info!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey all,

What does "very close" mean? I finished the event with 77k and missed out on the last QS because I could not enter the event until the end of round 4 so I missed out on many potential points in the beginning then I couldn't enter the end towards the end of the event? So does this mean I get nothing? I think it would be best if we are rewarded the next progression award.
  • Oh man! they're going to release another update on Friday. Prepare for a rough weekend icon_e_confused.gif
  • I'm formally retracting my request for SRCA redflag.png compensation.

I asked for the opportunity to earn it myself, and I somehow managed to do just that last night! It was an epic grind-o-rama in the final few hours, complete with some pretty involved calculations, but yeah. Done.

Now, that doesn't mean I'd refuse another... icon_e_wink.gificon_e_smile.gif

DBC
  • Hey all,
    We're sorry for the issues many players experienced during the first run of the Avengers vs Ultron event. It's obviously not ideal, but we think the risk in trying out new event structures is worth it. We can't make the game better without trying new things, and learning from that experience.

Last night (4/28), we experienced a huge increase in players, and that caused a few database and server issues. We have some ideas for removing these bottlenecks during Run 2.

Now that Run 1 has ended, we're looking into ways to make it up to players for the issues you experienced, namely:
    • Network connectivity issues during the start and end of the event that locked you out of play.
    • Alliances that completed Round 8, locking their alliance mates out of progression rewards.
    If you had a separate issue during the event, please let us know in the comments below.

Please don't submit new tickets for these issues until I update this thread with more info. Our current focus is ensuring Run 2 is much smoother and our engineers will be focused on that for the next few days, so please be patient. I'll update this thread with more info as it becomes available.

Thanks,
    Kabir at Demiurge

I'm sorry but very close to obtaining isn't good enough. The nodes disappeared with 2 and a half days left in the event!! We could easily get all 1mil points in those 3 days if we weren't robbed of the opportunity. When trying to fix problems that affect your player base, don't approach it by giving as little as possible. This is a very bad direction and why many fans are sick of the tactics we've had to deal with for 18 months. This was a error in design/coding and players should always be overcompensated for the problems they have to live through, not a bare minimum - hope this is enough approach.

Between getting locked out for half of the first 6 levels and then the event disappearing less than a day later, it's really hard to not give everyone who didn't receive them all 3 progression awards.

Shame