Ultron Run 1 Issues - UPDATE 5/4 12:30p EDT

Comments

• RoryQ
    RoryQ Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Despite the problems this event has had I've really enjoyed it and hope to see a lot more of them. Only real gripe I'd have the major thing our alliance missed out on was the SW cover which is going to put us at a severe disadvantage for the 2nd one.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    RoryQ wrote:
    Despite the problems this event has had I've really enjoyed it and hope to see a lot more of them. Only real gripe I'd have the major thing our alliance missed out on was the SW cover which is going to put us at a severe disadvantage for the 2nd one.

We pushed very hard to finish round 6, and had it nailed, less than 200k to go with 5 hours, then it all died. No SW, only 2 in the entire alliance.. so far only 5 people have even joined the event. I can only do 3 subs, then have to wait it out.. at this rate, we may get to round 3 or 4.. no million progression for me this time around icon_e_sad.gif
  • our engineers

holy **** they have engineers!!!
  • Thank you for posting this!

I also had numerous nodes for which no points were awarded. I had nodes reset randomly for no apparent reason and I also wasn't able to finish the event either due to the crash.
  • Hey all,
    We're sorry for the issues many players experienced during the first run of the Avengers vs Ultron event. It's obviously not ideal, but we think the risk in trying out new event structures is worth it. We can't make the game better without trying new things, and learning from that experience.

Last night (4/28), we experienced a huge increase in players, and that caused a few database and server issues. We have some ideas for removing these bottlenecks during Run 2.

Now that Run 1 has ended, we're looking into ways to make it up to players for the issues you experienced, namely:
    • Network connectivity issues during the start and end of the event that locked you out of play.
    • Alliances that completed Round 8, locking their alliance mates out of progression rewards.
    If you had a separate issue during the event, please let us know in the comments below.

Please don't submit new tickets for these issues until I update this thread with more info. Our current focus is ensuring Run 2 is much smoother and our engineers will be focused on that for the next few days, so please be patient. I'll update this thread with more info as it becomes available.

Thanks,
    Kabir at Demiurge

How come I got a ticket back regarding Ultron when my Ticket was related to Earth's Mightiest Heroes?

Here is my "separate issue":

PS: It didn't "solve my request"
    D3PA Customer Support (AG) (D3Publisher)
    Apr 29, 14:45

Greetings D3P Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3P Customer Support.

We're sorry for the issues many players experienced during the first and second run of the Avengers vs Ultron PvE event. It's obviously not ideal, but we think the risk in trying out new event structures is worth it. We can't make the game better without trying new things, and learning from that experience. Last night (4/28), we experienced a huge increase in players, and that caused a few database and server issues. We have some ideas for removing these bottlenecks during Run 2.

Now that Run 1 has ended, we're looking into ways to make it up to players for the issues you experienced, namely:

- Network connectivity issues during the start and end of the event that locked you out of play.
    - Alliances that completed Round 8, locking their alliance mates out of progression rewards.
    - If you had a separate issue during the event, please let us know.

Please don't submit new tickets, as it will divert our resources from correcting the issue. Our current focus is ensuring Run 2 is much smoother and our engineers will be focused on that for the next few days, so please be patient as we work to reach an amicable solution for our players. We ask that you await our decision and refer to the forums for updated information.

Many questions can be answered by visiting our helpful Marvel Puzzle Quest FAQ at: http://www.d3publisher.helpshift.com

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
    D3Publisher Customer Support Team (AJG)
  • Adrock1020
    Adrock1020 Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    raisinbman wrote:
    Hey all,
    We're sorry for the issues many players experienced during the first run of the Avengers vs Ultron event. It's obviously not ideal, but we think the risk in trying out new event structures is worth it. We can't make the game better without trying new things, and learning from that experience.

Last night (4/28), we experienced a huge increase in players, and that caused a few database and server issues. We have some ideas for removing these bottlenecks during Run 2.

• Network connectivity issues during the start and end of the event that locked you out of play.
    • Alliances that completed Round 8, locking their alliance mates out of progression rewards.
    If you had a separate issue during the event, please let us know in the comments below.

Please don't submit new tickets for these issues until I update this thread with more info. Our current focus is ensuring Run 2 is much smoother and our engineers will be focused on that for the next few days, so please be patient. I'll update this thread with more info as it becomes available.

Thanks,
    Kabir at Demiurge

How come I got a ticket back regarding Ultron when my Ticket was related to Earth's Mightiest Heroes?

Greetings D3P Customer,

We're sorry for the issues many players experienced during the first and second run of the Avengers vs Ultron PvE event. It's obviously not ideal, but we think the risk in trying out new event structures is worth it. We can't make the game better without trying new things, and learning from that experience. Last night (4/28), we experienced a huge increase in players, and that caused a few database and server issues. We have some ideas for removing these bottlenecks during Run 2.

- Network connectivity issues during the start and end of the event that locked you out of play.
    - Alliances that completed Round 8, locking their alliance mates out of progression rewards.

Please don't submit new tickets, as it will divert our resources from correcting the issue. Our current focus is ensuring Run 2 is much smoother and our engineers will be focused on that for the next few days, so please be patient as we work to reach an amicable solution for our players. We ask that you await our decision and refer to the forums for updated information.

Many questions can be answered by visiting our helpful Marvel Puzzle Quest FAQ at: http://www.d3publisher.helpshift.com

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,

Pretty sure they're just shooting out stock answers since they're probably getting thousands of gripes right now. I'd imagine people won't be able to get much personal attention until after AvU 2 is over. Frankly, I'm ok with that if that means they're focusing on making this second run go smoother, which it seems like it has. Not 100% glitch-free, but definitely better than the first go around.
  • Turbosmooth
    Turbosmooth Posts: 213
    My issue was that I was stuck at ~1160000 points and the Alliance got close to finishing Round 5. I did about 54000 more points at the end and none counted plus only got 20 ISO when it had unchecked item. We would have finished Round 5 and I would have gotten a token from Ultron.

Having a too casual Alliance last time let me hit the progression rewards. I'm now in a better Alliance and hope I can get some Hulk Busters which is what I want more than anything.
  • Tuttle0606
    Tuttle0606 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    My account disappeared for several hours. I couldn't get me back up from Facebook because the game wouldn't connect to face book.
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    First off I have to say that when it is working this event is really allot of fun.

I was within a few thousand points of the second QS cover and my Alliance had Ultron to 15% of the 6th round when the last server problems started. I know I would have got the QS cover because it only took one more shot at Ultron and I am 90% sure my alliance would have downed him and made the SW cover available.

I think one reward above what was earned by everyone is fair. Both in the progressive awards and the Ultron Prime Awards.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    Adrock1020 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Hey all,

Thanks,
    Kabir at Demiurge

Greetings D3P Customer,

Best Regards,

Pretty sure they're just shooting out stock answers since they're probably getting thousands of gripes right now. I'd imagine people won't be able to get much personal attention until after AvU 2 is over. Frankly, I'm ok with that if that means they're focusing on making this second run go smoother, which it seems like it has. Not 100% glitch-free, but definitely better than the first go around.

Yeah but they have some nerve saying my issue is "solved" when their "solution" is "we're overwhelmed resubmit a ticket later".

Respond later, or say 'we're working on it', don't just pretend it's done and over with!!!! icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif

~~~~
    EDIT: Welp, D3 asked me to "rate their service" and whether I was satisfied or not. Can you guess my answer? icon_rolleyes.gif

Added this:
    You didn't solve my issue so I'm unsatisfied, how dare you ask me to resubmit my ticket later and closing my ticket instead of addressing what I had to say.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    I was AGAIN locked out of the first two rounds of Ultron 2, after being locked out of the first two in Ultron 1 and the final in Ultron 1.

And we are NOT supposed to put in tickets?

• Xerobu11
    Xerobu11 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Total cluster - my Alliance would have hit the first Scarlet Witch award if not for the downtime. I've filled up the roster in the past few days and we should have gotten Hulkbuster as well. Now most of the Alliance is spinning it's wheels as only members who got SW in drops can play the entire Ultron instances.
  • Here was my response to their "tell us how we did" after they closed my unresolved ticket...

Telling me that someone is working to make sure that the same thing, that screwed me over does not happen in the future, does not solve my problem at all. Being a forum user, I know that you are sending everyone the same exact trite responses, no matter what the issue right now.

There is no proof that you are even reading our CS tickets... for all we know you are just hitting "control V" to paste your **** trite response into each reply and hitting "send". What I cannot fathom is why you are asking for feedback on such activity...

Who on earth would say you did "good, I'm satisfied"???? IMO your customer service may be even worse than your "team of professionals" that run this game! icon_e_sad.gif
  • Adrock1020
    Adrock1020 Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    It seems that they've stated pretty clearly that 1) They understand that some (most) players got screwed out of some sort of reward during Ultron round 1 and they're working on a universal solution that's more or less fair for everyone. If you're not satisfied after that solution is implemented, then submit a ticket, but please wait until they announce what the solution is. 2) They understand that there are more issues with round 2 and they're working on it, so there's no need to submit a ticket.

Submitting tickets is probably distracting them from figuring out compensation solutions from round 1, and technical issues for round 2. They seem aware of all the problems so I think we should let them get to work rather than keep poking them.
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]April 29, 2015 - 10:45 AM PST

Hi everyone,

A quick update: We're currently deploying some fixes for the AoU Event issues and many players should be seeing improvements soon. We are hopeful that things should begin to stabilize for all players not long after that (the fixes may take some time to propagate to all).

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

So, was it still a good idea to rush into AoU run 2? Another couple of hours in which players could take part of the Heroic PVE event, so not only are we shorted on Quick Silver and Scarlet Witch covers, now it's also doubtful we'll be getting our Captain America cover, add to that the potential Event Tokens we may have also missed out on. I hope you are all giving serious consideration to the compensation that should result from this SNAFU.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    I'm really bummed I didn't get to run Deadpool, BP black has been elusive. I also missed out on a progression reward in Ultron, as well as the second to last prime node.
  • Afrocigar
    Afrocigar Posts: 73 Match Maker
    My alliance had 5hrs left and would have cleared Ultron to open the 8th node. I missed the final Witch cover, but scored 1mil before the issues. We definitely would've beat the 8th node with time to spare.

Are you guys setup to track that kind of thing?
  • bloafx69
    bloafx69 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Failure is success in Freemium games!!!!!!! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    My issues from last night have not been rectified, yet they move on with their money making venture! icon_mrgreen.gif
    And they get away with it because people shove money down their throats icon_e_wink.gifwhitecrit.png
    I want to shove money down their throats because I see so much potential in this game, but the prolonged poor customer service halts me from doing so. icon_e_sad.gif
  • People posting that "putting in tickets just distracts then from their job" possibly have it wrong. In a situation like this where the system is crashing and burning, the IT team I work with would be ignoring the ticket box, until evening settles down.

The firemen aren't checking the mail while the house is burning down.

So put in a ticket if it makes you feel better. It won't help anyone, it shouldn't hurt anyone. It will just go to the bottom of an overstuffed pile, maybe to be handled a week or two from now, maybe to be just purged and deleted and forgotten forever.
  • SnakesArrows
    SnakesArrows Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Things seems much smoother on the second Ulton event. Had connection issues for the first hour or so and game was running slow on iOS. After that first hour all smooth and no issues. Thanks and keep the hamsters fed.