Ultron Run 1 Issues - UPDATE 5/4 12:30p EDT

Comments

• lockness
    lockness Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    I think with the network connectivity issues occurring on the front and back end of the event, it's difficult to gauge where my alliance (or others) would have fallen on the leader board, as some people were locked out for 3 days. Add the 0 point issues, who knows. Also, there are also some players that were on the verge of winning her, but were locked out. Until a decision is made about compensation, is it possible to make Scarlet Witch a loaner on Run 2, so that those who couldn't win her in Run 1 due to network errors, unearned points, etc. could use her for a more effective/satisfying game play? As we had plenty of opportunities through PVE/PVP to win Quicksilver... Just a suggestion.
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    our entire alliance missed the scarlet witch rewards we had plenty of time to do it only about 400k with 12 hours to go. I was lucky enough to get on for a few minutes here and there to finish strong at 1.1 million points but probably 14 of our alliance could not even get one attack in for 12 hours now the new event has started and only the lucky draws have scarlet witch meaning there is little to no chance of us earning a hulkbuster
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    As has probably been mentioned, the connection issues didn't just affect the Ultron event. I and I'm sure plenty of others were locked out of the last hour of the Earth's Mightiest PvP.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    My alliance mate Chenjesu already posted about our collective problems here. Personally, I only suffered the malaise of not being able to continue pushing to clear Ultron or scoop up more rewards. I was locked out for several hours at the tail end of the event. Thankfully I wasn't even in a slice for Earth's Mightiest and was basically ignoring Heroic and Lightning Rounds.
  • I get it. Unforeseen issues happen. I wasn't even that mad. But you guys have to be able to adjust the game accordingly. Do you have to make Scarlet Witch essential for TWO nodes of Ultron 2?! I had almost 1 million points in Ultron 1 and missed out on her in round 6 because of the server issues. I also was unlucky in my token draws. Now it's an uphill battle if I can only complete three nodes every 8 hours. Just the worst.
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    I put in a ticket before checking the forum. Got a reply back. Didn't tell me anything new really.

Missed out on finishing up the pvp event because I couldn't even see it. Feel I'm way behind on Ultron now.

I work for a company that has its own issues with server load and compensating customers. I get that it's hard, and I have no idea what d3p is planning to do about it, but there's really no way they can win here, except for the huge influx of players they're gonna get, that is. And that is, if those players dont run into these issues and leave too.

As a long time player who feels like they wasted their time trying to play and win this week, I feel I'd like d3p to do something for us about it. I don't know what that would be, but I sincerely hope it's not just "we got everything working again, have fun guys." That would be kinda cheap after the money and time we've put into the game.
  • I missed out on the last quick silver cover because we lost time. I'm not to heart broken but it would have been nice to get
  • Yeah, something needs to be done. This is slightly off topic, but related. One of my alliance mates dropped fifty hp on an Ultron token. FINALLY got prof x, who he's been dying to get. He was stoked. Then, with server issues when round two started up, his game rest our something, and he lost the cover. Which he paid for and lucked out.

If the devs read this post, I can't remember his exact username, but it's something like jbrown, and he's in the alliance Masters of Boo with me (Okashii). Two of our other members are ChandraDevi and malnorf. Just making sure any dev who reads this and recognizes the injustice can find him. He's not the sorry to make a stink, though I told him to. So I don't know if he'll submit a ticket, himself.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, something needs to be done. This is slightly off topic, but related. One of my alliance mates dropped fifty hp on an Ultron token. FINALLY got prof x, who he's been dying to get. He was stoked. Then, with server issues when round two started up, his game rest our something, and he lost the cover. Which he paid for and lucked out.

If the devs read this post, I can't remember his exact username, but it's something like jbrown, and he's in the alliance Masters of Boo with me (Okashii). Two of our other members are ChandraDevi and malnorf. Just making sure any dev who reads this and recognizes the injustice can find him. He's not the sorry to make a stink, though I told him to. So I don't know if he'll submit a ticket, himself.

Asking to get what he already had and what he paid for is not making a stink. Write a mail and if you're nice, use words like "please" and "thank you" and I'm sure they'll try to sort it out.
  • hey kabir

i couldnt end the last node of the ultron pve because of this issue
    game dont wanted to get into fight
    so i havent earned the last scarlett witch cover
    and would really like it to have
    so please sent me the cover as compensation

it was the blue cover

greetings
  • CrashCrash wrote:
    People posting that "putting in tickets just distracts then from their job" possibly have it wrong. In a situation like this where the system is crashing and burning, the IT team I work with would be ignoring the ticket box, until evening settles down.

The firemen aren't checking the mail while the house is burning down.

So put in a ticket if it makes you feel better. It won't help anyone, it shouldn't hurt anyone. It will just go to the bottom of an overstuffed pile, maybe to be handled a week or two from now, maybe to be just purged and deleted and forgotten forever.
    not true they closed my ticket with some copypasta telling me to resubmit
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    The reply they send out to tickets has this line:

"Please don't submit new tickets, as it will divert our resources from correcting the issue. "

That makes me worried for the devs. Are they personally responding to tickets? Don't they have a Customer Service guy to handle these emails? I got experience and I'm willing to work from home. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Didn't read through the whole post yet to see if anyone brought it up already, but I was constantly running into
    Wjsny8q.jpg
    for the last third of the event, didn't expect to get the last reward at that point so I wasn't counting the totals, but between every other wave and the conclusion screen (as shown) I was receiving 0 points, if the points weren't getting applied then I missed out on the last Quicksilver cover from it, and being unable to connect for a good chunk of time.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Today I have encountered situation when new round 4 has started and I have beat Ultron, but after the battle his live bar was still at max (1500000). I even went back to main screen and again into the event, but it changes nothing. So I wonder if it works correctly...
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    SlamDunc wrote:
    Didn't read through the whole post yet to see if anyone brought it up already, but I was constantly running into
    Wjsny8q.jpg
    for the last third of the event, didn't expect to get the last reward at that point so I wasn't counting the totals, but between every other wave and the conclusion screen (as shown) I was receiving 0 points, if the points weren't getting applied then I missed out on the last Quicksilver cover from it, and being unable to connect for a good chunk of time.

This. I'm continuing to run into this issue as well in Ultron 2 (happened in Ultron 1 as well). I think we need some confirmation from the devs if this is working as intended (no points, just rewards for Ultron prime) or if we are supposed to get points in addition (which I think would be normal, as that's how any other event works).

That being said, the 0 point issue was occurring for me in the other nodes as well, not just the prime mode.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am receiving 0 points on the Hawkeye essential node, we are on level 5 of Ultron.
  • Yeah, something needs to be done. This is slightly off topic, but related. One of my alliance mates dropped fifty hp on an Ultron token. FINALLY got prof x, who he's been dying to get. He was stoked. Then, with server issues when round two started up, his game rest our something, and he lost the cover. Which he paid for and lucked out.

I ran into something similar at the end of the Ultron run. After nearly an hour of connection issues I was able to connect to the MPQ server. I was able to play, and complete, Ultron Sentries lvl 7. I used 3 health packs to do it. The Scarlet Witch cover appeared to open, however when I checked not only wasn't it there, but the lvl 7 node was still open, and my health packs were gone. I'm going to ended up whiffing on the 1M progression mark too.

• Now that Run 1 has ended, we're looking into ways to make it up to players for the issues you experienced, namely:
    • Network connectivity issues during the start and end of the event that locked you out of play.
    • Alliances that completed Round 8, locking their alliance mates out of progression rewards.
    If you had a separate issue during the event, please let us know in the comments below.

Kabir at Demiurge

I had issues that extended beyond those listed above, and I submitted support tickets and have been told to check the forums for updates -- here I am.

I have three help tickets associated with the issues I faced (108284, 111520, 111989) and described in detail the issues I had -- I even provided screenshots to document the issues.

If I have to restate everything from all of those complaints here I will do so, but if you are just asking for people with additional issues to make sure to tell you, I am telling you I still have unresolved issues (related help/support ticket numbers listed above).

Thanks for your work improving this game, as I am a rather dedicated player. I also want to thank you for, hopefully, compensating players who can specifically identify their 'damages/losses' resulting from the issues with the game.

If you need more information than this please let me know.
  • Xeonic-Ice
    Xeonic-Ice Posts: 176
    I'm not 100% certain but the 0 point nodes seem to be a very sneaky form of rubberbanding. I watched point totals decrease as I beat a few nodes so it might be intentional. I could be completely mistaken and it's indeed a bug so don't read too far into it.
  • Firsr zero reward error, doing a SW essential node