Ultron Run 1 Issues - UPDATE 5/4 12:30p EDT

Comments

• I've cleared the Scarlet Witch node 3 times now, game crashes after each clear, I receive no rewards, get locked out of the game for a bit but still have damage on my characters.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    I played 3 games on Round 2 of the Ultron event (HULK BUSTER) and I am having the same issue. There are no events showing and I also recieved 0 points after beating Ultron. I do like the idea of the event.
  • Xerobu11
    Xerobu11 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    I was 2200 points shy of 1M early yesterday when I got locked out.

Server issues also precluded me from completing the daily deadpool as well as getting any higher in the Oscorp heroic. Come on, guys- I've played this game over 500 days and paid actual money for HP to expand my roster. I'm a paying customer- I deserve compensation.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kingjr76 wrote:
    I played 3 games on Round 2 of the Ultron event (HULK BUSTER) and I am having the same issue. There are no events showing and I also recieved 0 points after beating Ultron.

same, everything is gone now
  • Ultron round 1 with 0 HP left , does not go on round 2 icon_e_sad.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fromgard wrote:
    Ultron round 1 with 0 HP left , does not go on round 2 icon_e_sad.gif

exit and go back in, it will show. had to do that with every round last run
  • I was not able to log into the first event until 10hrs in. The same issue started happening with about 12hrs left in the event also. Now, the second event won't load for me. I just tried again and it says I reached 7k reward, but when I push claim, it says there was an error and the reward pops up again. Cannot clear it or play the event!!!
  • When you work on a Marvel game and you're building a huge event related to one of the biggest and eagerly awaited movie of 2015.

How can you not expect a load of new players? Seriously -_-

Taking risks to improve the game? Have you ever heard of beta test servers?

The lack of communications and the way we get those tiny bit of information is what makes players angry.
  • Due to the Server outages yesterday, I missed out on Ultron 1 PVE final progression awards of Blue Cover Scarlet Witch and 1 million progression award for Quicksilver. I was just under 900k and my alliance Medusas Lair 3 was poised to complete Round 8, but because I was unable to log in I do not even know if my Alliance was able to complete it or not. Around 11pm PST I was able to get back on the system and lucikly complete the DDQ to get my first Black Black Panther, so at least I didn't miss out on that, but I am dissapointed in not receiving a chance to obtain the final Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch covers.

Now I'm having the same issues with Ultron Run 2. I started up the game and beat Ultron and Scarlet Witch nodes two time and then Scores showed as 0 and system crashed. Still can't get on the system even after multiple attempts and it's now 10:40am PST. No events show up for me at all right now and system crashes after a few minutes of being on.

Hope you are able to fix the issues so that I don't have to be forced to watch TV and "talk" to people!! icon_e_surprised.gif
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    April 29, 2015 - 10:45 AM PST

Hi everyone,

A quick update: We're currently deploying some fixes for the AoU Event issues and many players should be seeing improvements soon. We are hopeful that things should begin to stabilize for all players not long after that (the fixes may take some time to propagate to all).

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 344 Mover and Shaker
    Just letting you know that when you get to Ultron 4 - things got totally hosed.

We have 3 Ultron subs showing and you can't attack Ultron 4.
  • I have 3 covers for Scarlet Witch yet I am not able to use her in the ultron nodes in which she is the required character. I tried putting ISO-8 into her character and it didn't work. I also closed the app and opened it again and it is sill an issue.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    I have 3 covers for Scarlet Witch yet I am not able to use her in the ultron nodes in which she is the required character. I tried putting ISO-8 into her character and it didn't work. I also closed the app and opened it again and it is sill an issue.

Try manually selecting her. As mentioned here
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    TazFTW wrote:
    I have 3 covers for Scarlet Witch yet I am not able to use her in the ultron nodes in which she is the required character. I tried putting ISO-8 into her character and it didn't work. I also closed the app and opened it again and it is sill an issue.

Try manually selecting her. As mentioned here

And remember, she's significantly boosted for this event, so she won't be in the normal position in your roster.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Since we're not allowed to post about Ultron 2 issues on this board, I'm putting this here - we *still* can't play round 4 of the HB event. Been stuck for coming up on an hour.

eta: anyone seeing big battery drain today? i have the same things open, but my battery life is going fast.
  • JVReal wrote:
    Thank you for the update Kabir.

Here is my assessment of the impact of the server issues from last night and the Ultron Event.

I think you need to break the groups down:

1) Those that didn't get progression because Ultron was gone after clearing Level 8
    2) Those that didn't get to play AvU the last 5 hours due to Server issues, who would have likely hit progression/beat Ultron lvl and the Prime it unlocked.
    3) Those who couldn't participate in Heroic grind for the Red Steve Rogers due to server issues
    4) Those who couldn't finish the PVP that ended during the time the servers were down due to server issues
    5) Some Iso for those who couldn't even fight in the lightning round because of the server issues
    6) Those who could not compete in the Deadpool Daily event for the coveted Black Panther Rage of the Panther cover

You're missing several groups. Server issues have plagued d3 since the start of the AvU event. There was a lot of downtime right at the beginning and intermittently throughout which impacted not only the event itself but all concurrently running events. D3 owes its player base for all the above and a lot more.

Maybe you should reword that.... d3 OWES you nothing
  • D3 owes paying customers a stable, pleasant experience. The major difference between subscription based MMORPGs and F2P mobile games is simple - the latter survive thanks to about 3% of their playing base.
    What I don't understand is why can't they ensure a stable, pleasant PVE experience for these 3%?
    I just can't get how hard can it be to just have dedicated servers for whales???
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    I've said this earlier, but I think you really need to delay the second run of the event until the server issue is fixed. This is more likely to get worse than better the second time around.

We believe we've identified the bottlenecks from the first run, and we'll have fixes in place before Run 2 starts. This doesn't mean issues won't arise, but it won't be the same issues.

Been locked out for 14 hours now, can't play at all. Definitely still have some network issues going on and my alliance has already plowed through the first round of ultron without me... is this going to be twice I'm missing out on my chance to earn Scarlet Witch since this started last night before the last event finished.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    First off, a little relationship advice: "I'm sorry we tried to do nice things for you" is probably not the tone you want to start of with in this situation. The first post actually makes me a little upset to read it.

Second, I'm not sure I understand the first post - are we supposed to say what went wrong, or only what went wrong other than server problems and the few alliances that didn't get to pass around the final progression rewards? Either way, I'll say our situation was that we were barely able to log in enough to get through round 6, and because of the delays that happened with just over an hour to go, and thanks to the constant crashing we weren't able to get our purple Scarlet Witch cover. I think our alliance (and likely many more) should get one SW cover as compensation; this is ignoring the issues with the PvE, PvP, and DDQ events - not to mention the missed progression in all of those - that were also borked.

Third, please give us that Scarlet Witch cover immediately - now is already starting to be too late. Since you are pushing ahead with the next event and SW is required, that means our ability to complete said event is directly related to whether or not our alliance is able to get that cover. Also, for the record, pushing ahead immediately was a poor choice in my opinion. You really should have delayed a few days to do damage control and give your programmers more time.

Lastly, I want you guys to know that this event was super amazing and great fun - until the massive server outages sucked the fun right out of it. Having the servers down nearly constantly toward the end meant that all the goodwill this event build up was nearly completely melted away. I've seriously never seen a company so good at delighting and infuriating its fans at the same time, but maybe you're just trying to live up to the Marvel tradition? icon_e_smile.gif

ps. Seriously, when are you going to fix your reward structure with this game?
  • Thank you for requesting this information.

Name: speakitjay

Issue: I experienced hours of connectivity issues at the start and finish of the event, prohibiting me from having the opportunity to obtain many of the covers, tokens and hero points I was playing for.