• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    An hour from now.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    KABIR - PLEASE CLARIFY:
    When will RUN 2 of Ultron begin?????
    This is not at all clear.
    The preview is up on my mobile device. If you can connect, it should be there, 1 hour until start. Begin crossing fingers (and toes).
  • I kinda expected the 20 ISO booby prize to be replaced with a 200 ISO prize for Ultron. I get that my motivation is accruing event points to unlock Ultron Prime nodes, but drawing 20 ISO when there are still normal prizes let in the pool stings.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:
    An hour from now.

BOOOOM go the servers....part 3.
    I'm an optimist, but I'm not hopeful this will go at all well.
  • I submitted a ticket for this last evening. I completed Ultron Prime lvl 7 during the server issues using 3 health packs, and the Scarlet Witch cover was unlocked. When I went to check it out, it wasn't there. When I went back to the Ultron Prime missions, lvl 7 was not completed. My health packs were used, and my team took damage from the fight.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2015
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I've said this earlier, but I think you really need to delay the second run of the event until the server issue is fixed. This is more likely to get worse than better the second time around.

We believe we've identified the bottlenecks from the first run, and we'll have fixes in place before Run 2 starts. This doesn't mean issues won't arise, but it won't be the same issues.
    This doesn't instill much confidence and borders on naieve

Curious if other mobile Marvel games with Ultron tie ins suffered similar issues or were they able to adequately handle player demand?
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Just saw that the next Ultron event starts in 50 minutes. D3, how can you launch the next Ultron event when SW will be required on nodes and so many people lost out on acquiring SW covers due to the connection issues last night. I would think you would want to get people their SW covers prior to the next event.

Thoughts?
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    My alliance could have completed round 8 and would have unlocked the final ultron prime node. We missed out on the Scarlet Witch cover as a result
  • madsalad wrote:
    Just saw that the next Ultron event starts in 50 minutes. D3, how can you launch the next Ultron event when SW will be required on nodes and so many people lost out on acquiring SW covers due to the connection issues last night. I would think you would want to get people their SW covers prior to the next event.

Thoughts?

It's definitely going to fix any server congestion issues if they launched the event while leaving all the guys missing SW covers unable to compete effectively.
  • As he mentioned I assume they have all hands making sure round 2 launches correctly and then will move on to the compensation topic. Having the essential in the later rounds is much more important than the first few.
  • fmftint
    Phantron wrote:
    madsalad wrote:

Thoughts?

It's definitely going to fix any server congestion issues if they launched the event while leaving all the guys missing SW covers unable to compete effectively.
    not really since that will only eliminate 2 essential nodes. Not having SW wont stop people from playing what they can
  • I did not see anything in the initial post about all of the zero point issues. Are you guys not aware of them? At least 40 forumites received these problems and actually bothered to post in the bugs section. I received the standard trite message about how "so many people had this happen, we can't give you compensation".

It would make me feel a little better to see that you are actually aware of this bug... especially since it was so "widespread" according to customer service... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Since the Ultron event started, I have experienced several hard crashes of the application on immediate start of a match. My precious health packs dislike hard crashes.
  • My alliance actually did manage to down Round 6 with an hour to go, but the prize node did not unlock. Then for me at least, the event disappeared for the last hour. With SW surely being required in Ultron 2, this locks out all but four of us who got her from the tokens.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Thamanator wrote:
    I did not see anything in the initial post about all of the zero point issues. Are you guys not aware of them? At least 40 forumites received these problems and actually bothered to post in the bugs section. I received the standard trite message about how "so many people had this happen, we can't give you compensation".

It would make me feel a little better to see that you are actually aware of this bug... especially since it was so "widespread" according to customer service... icon_rolleyes.gif

I never reported the 0 point issue as I assumed that nodes that were replayed were replayed for 0 points. I also didn't want to bring up that my nodes frequently reopened prior to the 8 hour cooldown (usually in the 6 hour range). I also thought that might have something to do with them awarding 0 points (as they didn't reach full cooldown).
  • otrigorin
    otrigorin Posts: 31
    fmftint wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    madsalad wrote:

Thoughts?

not really since that will only eliminate 2 essential nodes. Not having SW wont stop people from playing what they can

If I remember correctly, the SW essential will replace one of the Quicksilver essentials for Round 2. Still not ideal, but not as bad as losing 40% of the runs.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    This was a GREAT event, but had to submit two tickets myself when I couldn't access the Ultron or DDQ events. My alliance was on the verge of unlocking stage for another chance on a SW pull when the crash happened. Then, I ALMOST missed out on my first blackflag.png BP cover, but somehow, I was able to start the DDQ a little after midnight, wake up this morning to the game still going, and was still awarded this cover after I cleared the run. Even so, if this wouldn't have happened, I would've missed out on an Ultron reward pack AND BP cover. Of all the gold covers and HP I received, I think this server crash will linger. I feel worse for those alliances that were able to get to Stage 6 and missed out. That REALLY sucks.
  • fmftint
    otrigorin wrote:

If I remember correctly, the SW essential will replace one of the Quicksilver essentials for Round 2. Still not ideal, but not as bad as losing 40% of the runs.
    which will do little to alleviate server traffic
  • kibbymiah
    kibbymiah Posts: 19
    Yeah awesome idea to start the next session of Ultron when D3 owes so many players essential covers!!! I'm down 2 scarlet witch and a quicksilver, so are 80% of my alliance so we'll automatically fall behind. Can't say thanks for that... Why run them so close together anyway? Such full on events should have breaks and build up the suspense for the next one
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    I get that you're trying new events to keep the game fresh and to keep us who spend way too much money on a mobile game engaged. But really? You didn't see these issues coming? Didn't have staff on board notifying the playbase of those issues or staff to fix it? Every event people push at the end.....every single event and you had zero response last night. Not to mention all of the event that got fubarred during both the beginning and end of this event. Nothing, no compensation. Just a very unsympathetic we're sorry you asked for new content that crashed our servers. Seriously?

Personally missed out on 5+hours on both ends of this event, missed the end of my PVP bracket and and end of the previous pve.

I will not spend money on this game anymore until you prove that you're serious about your player base and understand how outages impact game play and progression. That being said it's not a easy decision for compensation so good luck with that.

Disappointed.