Ultron Run 1 Issues - UPDATE 5/4 12:30p EDT

Comments

• cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    slidecage wrote:
    Update 5/1 @ 5:39p:
    We'll have Scarlet Witch covers rolling out to the top 10K players that were in Round 6 tomorrow. Assuming no issues arise, expect these tomorrow morning.

We'll continue working on the other rewards for Round 7, 8 and non-Ultron events next week. The players that should have earned a Scarlet Witch cover have a chance to use her in Run 2 during the weekend.

i hope the next time anyone even thinks about giving this company money remember the big middle finger they just gave everyone.

Nothing will come next week just like they said the items to the first round would be given this weekend And on monday they said they would work to get the rewards out to people This Past week, Now its O sometime next week. Next week will come and they will come up with another reason to just screw over their customer base.

Guess what your not getting Any tokens cause the EVENT WILL BE OVER so how the hell are we draw Witch and hulkbuster covers when the event is over.

If you weren't in round 6 when the server crashed then you weren't getting SW anyway, those who were will get her tomorrow morning, so your complaint makes no sense. The compensation is a little late for those who would have earned her in round 6 though, they've most likely missed too many nodes to truly compete for IMHB.

I have no worries that more compensation will be rolled out next week, but those who lost out on SW #1 should definitely be top priority.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,395 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2015
    cletus1985 wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    We'll have Scarlet Witch covers rolling out to the top 10K players that were in Round 6 tomorrow. Assuming no issues arise, expect these tomorrow morning.

We'll continue working on the other rewards for Round 7, 8 and non-Ultron events next week. The players that should have earned a Scarlet Witch cover have a chance to use her in Run 2 during the weekend.

i hope the next time anyone even thinks about giving this company money remember the big middle finger they just gave everyone.

Nothing will come next week just like they said the items to the first round would be given this weekend And on monday they said they would work to get the rewards out to people This Past week, Now its O sometime next week. Next week will come and they will come up with another reason to just screw over their customer base.

Guess what your not getting Any tokens cause the EVENT WILL BE OVER so how the hell are we draw Witch and hulkbuster covers when the event is over.

If you weren't in round 6 when the server crashed then you weren't getting SW anyway, those who were will get her tomorrow morning, so your complaint makes no sense. The compensation is a little late for those who would have earned her in round 6 though, they've most likely missed too many nodes to truly compete for IMHB.

I have no worries that more compensation will be rolled out next week, but those who lost out on SW #1 should definitely be top priority.

if i could got into the game as soon as it started i would been able to play though the first 3 rounds getting a min of 10 tokens that i would had a major chance at drawing 3 stars or witch or Hulkbuster. The event ends Sunday so what are they going to give you Heroic tokens where your odds of getting a 3 star are. 09%,,, Then watch them the event will be over and they will try to weasel out of it and say Since now the event is over we can NOT tell who was to get the 3QS covers who was not able to make it to 1 million so heres what everyone gets

5 heroic tokens ---- wait and see

point is yesterday they acted like they was ready to give the rewards out to all not just so So called 10K players. More like it was FU who cares about the customer we are leaving for the weekend. People who lost their taco tokens Still dont have them back from weeks again if that is not a big FU i dont know what is
  • So they didn't even address the fact that you'd need an equivalent score around 1.33M to get 3 SW covers if you started without SW cover for part 2? You basically need to be on pace for 833K to get the first SW cover (at 500K, but you don't have the 2 SW nodes) plus another 500K after you got SW. This is doable, and I can certainly do it, but I can't imagine most people pulling that off even though 1M is quite realistically obtainable while 1.33M is not for most. Or that lack of SW cover eliminates any chance of getting round 6 for IMHB? Sure, I know with the vastly increased numbers for part 2 any alliance that only cleared round 6 probably aren't doing round 6 this time, but it's not for D3 to decide that people aren't going to make round 6 and preemptively eliminate any possibility of getting there.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards

Now about round 2 Ultron health and the seed team filled combined arms icon_question.gif

Sarcasim aside, thanks for the update and working hard to compensate players. The Ultron event overall is cool with the alliance concept. You have some tweets to make and with all the issues with round one please look at how improbable it is to defeat all 8 rounds of Ultron with the health you gave him. My alliance just started round 7 and it is going to take 36-48 hours to kill him, and then MORE than 48 hours for round 8. This feels impossible. Many of my alliance will need to score close to 2 million points to beat him.
    Please keep tweeting this event so you can make it an A+ next time you run it.
  • cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    slidecage wrote:
    cletus1985 wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

if i could got into the game as soon as it started i would been able to play though the first 3 rounds getting a min of 10 tokens that i would had a major chance at drawing 3 stars or witch or Hulkbuster. The event ends Sunday so what are they going to give you Heroic tokens where your odds of getting a 3 star are. 09%,,, Then watch them the event will be over and they will try to weasel out of it and say Since now the event is over we can NOT tell who was to get the 3QS covers who was not able to make it to 1 million so heres what everyone gets

5 heroic tokens ---- wait and see

point is yesterday they acted like they was ready to give the rewards out to all not just so So called 10K players. More like it was FU who cares about the customer we are leaving for the weekend. People who lost their taco tokens Still dont have them back from weeks again if that is not a big FU i dont know what is

So you wanted SW covers that you wouldn't have earned? Math is also against you, with 3 nodes offering a possibility of a token you would have had a chance at a maximum of 9 tokens through 3 rounds (no clue how you get a minimum of 10?), which more than likely would've been 5 or less due to drop rates.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker

What exactly constitutes "top 10K players"? Guess we'll find out in the morning.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    You know what? I find the proposed solution to pass out SW covers to top 10,000 players laughable. Personally, I was not affected by the server outage, and my alliance should be on track to clear round 7 tomorrow. But again, the guys who lost out on SW cover and weren't able to clear ultron 6x in the second ultron event are screwed, plain and simple.

FYI, my alliance mate waited til this new season to open his 10 pack for last season placement reward. And the first token he pulled was a Hulkbuster. So in other words, Hulkbuster is indeed possible for you to pull from a heroic token now (at less than 1% though).
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm on the fence how I feel about what's been announced. Like, without knowing how many people were playing, "top 10k in round 6" is pretty vague. My alliance was in round 6, but I have no idea whether I was top 10k or not. What about alliances that got stonewalled in round 7 or round 8? Is that actually "in round 6 or later," meaning the 7s would get two covers and the 8s would get all three?

What about progression rewards? With three covers there, too, what about those of us who were reasonably close (I was ~2k shy of the 750k when the servers went down with 6-7 hours left) to one or the other of those?

I realize there's only so far they can go before it starts getting too complicated to deal with, but I'd be trying to look at both those issues. They're more likely to cause uproar than a token anyway.

And that's, like, ignoring people who were affected who didn't make it to round 6, or because of the outages couldn't make it to at least within hailing distance of 500k.

I guess we'll see what tomorrow brings.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    DFiPL wrote:
    I'm on the fence how I feel about what's been announced. Like, without knowing how many people were playing, "top 10k in round 6" is pretty vague. My alliance was in round 6, but I have no idea whether I was top 10k or not. What about alliances that got stonewalled in round 7 or round 8? Is that actually "in round 6 or later," meaning the 7s would get two covers and the 8s would get all three?

What about progression rewards? With three covers there, too, what about those of us who were reasonably close (I was ~2k shy of the 750k when the servers went down with 6-7 hours left) to one or the other of those?

I realize there's only so far they can go before it starts getting too complicated to deal with, but I'd be trying to look at both those issues. They're more likely to cause uproar than a token anyway.

And that's, like, ignoring people who were affected who didn't make it to round 6, or because of the outages couldn't make it to at least within hailing distance of 500k.

My assumption, based on Demiurge_Kabir's phrasing, is that one SW cover will be distributed tomorrow (probably AM). Additional SW or QS covers, and other rewards, will be distributed sometime next week - possibly after waiting to see whether there's a repeat issue at the end of the event on Sunday.
  • DFiPL
    jffdougan wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

My assumption, based on Demiurge_Kabir's phrasing, is that one SW cover will be distributed tomorrow (probably AM). Additional SW or QS covers, and other rewards, will be distributed sometime next week - possibly after waiting to see whether there's a repeat issue at the end of the event on Sunday.

Yeah. We'll see. My alliance doesn't seem to be playing Ultron 2 much, possibly because the outage kept us from having any shot at all of a SW cover (so most of the alliance doesn't have the ability to play 2/5 nodes). That's gonna make it tough for me to get within sniffing distance of the 500k, so I'm not sure I'm concerned about next week.

I'm concerned about what happened in Ultron 1. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Phantron wrote:
    So they didn't even address the fact that you'd need an equivalent score around 1.33M to get 3 SW covers if you started without SW cover for part 2? You basically need to be on pace for 833K to get the first SW cover (at 500K, but you don't have the 2 SW nodes) plus another 500K after you got SW. This is doable, and I can certainly do it, but I can't imagine most people pulling that off even though 1M is quite realistically obtainable while 1.33M is not for most. Or that lack of SW cover eliminates any chance of getting round 6 for IMHB? Sure, I know with the vastly increased numbers for part 2 any alliance that only cleared round 6 probably aren't doing round 6 this time, but it's not for D3 to decide that people aren't going to make round 6 and preemptively eliminate any possibility of getting there.
    i was able to do it for part 1 with quick silver, starting off with no quick silver. it was rough and will be hard pressed to replicate, already behind.
  • Heartburn wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    So they didn't even address the fact that you'd need an equivalent score around 1.33M to get 3 SW covers if you started without SW cover for part 2? You basically need to be on pace for 833K to get the first SW cover (at 500K, but you don't have the 2 SW nodes) plus another 500K after you got SW. This is doable, and I can certainly do it, but I can't imagine most people pulling that off even though 1M is quite realistically obtainable while 1.33M is not for most. Or that lack of SW cover eliminates any chance of getting round 6 for IMHB? Sure, I know with the vastly increased numbers for part 2 any alliance that only cleared round 6 probably aren't doing round 6 this time, but it's not for D3 to decide that people aren't going to make round 6 and preemptively eliminate any possibility of getting there.
    i was able to do it for part 1 with quick silver, starting off with no quick silver. it was rough and will be hard pressed to replicate, already behind.

Like I said you'd have to be on pace for ~1.33M to reach 1M at the end without the 2 QS/SW essentials (could be slightly less if you were able to hit 4 times per refresh instead of 3). It is certainly doable but I really don't think that's a reasonable standard for most people. Keep in mind part 2 has much higher total points requirement on each round, which means more of your time is going to be spent on a round that's worth less points per clear, so it's a strictly harder scenario to do compared to the first round.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Just want to add to the frustration of zero point nodes, most of last night was filled with this.

This usually isn't a problem but it looks like i'm going to be on the line for 1 Million progression as we are not pushing as hard as expected for Ultron 2.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2015

I was travelling Tuesday. I had one chance during the day to play and was locked out. I couldn't do Prime nodes that were unlocked, which also killed my shot at extra progression rewards (I had an hour set aside between conference events to do a full Ultron clear, so more missed points there). On top of that, all those missed points were detrimental to my alliance's progress as a whole. I hope the "other rewards" do a much better job of taking those things in consideration, because this first round of "compensation" is pretty kittying bad.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    i got a SW purpleflag.png when i logged in for compensation.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor

I get the logic behind the current reparations. If you were on Round 6 and you had a ton of points you were obviously pulling your weight for your alliance, and deserve that Scarlet Witch. I can agree that the folks at the bottom of their alliance scores shouldn't get a Scarlet Witch, as would any of the folks at the top of alliance point totals.

Here is a problem that occurred with my girlfriend in her alliance however. Their alliance beat round 8 but the servers locked up before she could play Ultron Prime. Does she still count as eligible for round 8 reparations?

I am sure she isn't the only one, a lot of folks might have been desperately trying to fight Ultron Prime but couldn't because the servers locked up for 3 hours straight.
  • DFiPL
    Heartburn wrote:

Already?
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    DFiPL wrote:
    Heartburn wrote:

Already?

My question too. I didn't get kitty and had a million plus points trying to drive my alliance through round 6. Guess I wasn't in the top 10k.
  • DFiPL
    Taganov wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    Heartburn wrote:

Already?

My question too. I didn't get kitty and had a million plus points trying to drive my alliance through round 6. Guess I wasn't in the top 10k.

I wonder if he earned a SW cover some other way that just got delayed in getting awarded or something. Seems weird that that would just happen at midnight or so and he'd be the one random person on the forums to get it.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    A couple of my alliance members received the SW cover today but I didn't, I scored a lot more points than they did, I had server issues but eventually always got back in an hour or 2 later, not really sure how D3 is determinig this