Ultron Run 1 Issues - UPDATE 5/4 12:30p EDT

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2015
    CoolB76 wrote:
    I'm still interested to hear about players that missed out on that elusive Rage of the Panther "black" Black Panther cover that many of us couldn't get through the DDQ because of the server problems. I'd probably let most other missed rewards in a DDQ event go but that damn cover is so elusive. I'm at day 540 and my BP is at 5/5/0 icon_e_sad.gif

Don't forget combined arms giving nothing but seed teams.. win 60 battles , barely get to 400 points..

Also..
    How about those of us who got to 880k on round 2, but then our wives wanted to go hang out with friends, making us miss the final progression. It was not my choice to leave the house! NO LIKEY SUN... MUST MPQ.... icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I'd wait until we see the size of the HP/tokens given out. The individual compensation was probably stuff they can actually verify (e.g. you have 999999 points, it's reasonable to say you could've gotten 1M). The HP/token is probably meant to be a catchall for everything else that you can't verify (10 out of 20 guys didn't start with a SW cover and you were 3M short for Hulkbuster. Nobody can say whether starting with SW cover that they should've gotten would be enough). I think it is very likely they lowball this but since they did mention 'HP' that at least gives the chance it could be enough. If they only mentioned tokens, unless they're giving out multiple 10 packs it's not going to be enough to cover missing Hulkbuster. But a large amount of HP can, at least eventually (in particular, 2500 HP would likely always be enough in the long run). I don't think it'd be enough, but I'll wait until the numbers come out first.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    I'd wait until we see the size of the HP/tokens given out. The individual compensation was probably stuff they can actually verify (e.g. you have 999999 points, it's reasonable to say you could've gotten 1M). The HP/token is probably meant to be a catchall for everything else that you can't verify (10 out of 20 guys didn't start with a SW cover and you were 3M short for Hulkbuster. Nobody can say whether starting with SW cover that they should've gotten would be enough). I think it is very likely they lowball this but since they did mention 'HP' that at least gives the chance it could be enough. If they only mentioned tokens, unless they're giving out multiple 10 packs it's not going to be enough to cover missing Hulkbuster. But a large amount of HP can, at least eventually (in particular, 2500 HP would likely always be enough in the long run). I don't think it'd be enough, but I'll wait until the numbers come out first.

I say this is MAX

10 tokens. 500 HP.

really dont care bout the QS cover (stop trying to make me use it by given me covers icon_e_smile.gif )

mostly im missing out on

Iron man 3 star yellow since could not grind at the end of the PVE
    could not get roger covers (but dont care about roger so they could keep them)

and the HP i would of won from the PVE AND PVP.
  • FloridaFan
    FloridaFan Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    CoolB76 wrote:
    I'm still interested to hear about players that missed out on that elusive Rage of the Panther "black" Black Panther cover that many of us couldn't get through the DDQ because of the server problems. I'd probably let most other missed rewards in a DDQ event go but that damn cover is so elusive. I'm at day 540 and my BP is at 5/5/0 icon_e_sad.gif

I have the same question. I missed out on the "black" Black Panther cover, submitted a request, and received the generic response with problem "solved" ticket closure.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2015
    Phantron wrote:
    I'd wait until we see the size of the HP/tokens given out. The individual compensation was probably stuff they can actually verify (e.g. you have 999999 points, it's reasonable to say you could've gotten 1M). The HP/token is probably meant to be a catchall for everything else that you can't verify (10 out of 20 guys didn't start with a SW cover and you were 3M short for Hulkbuster. Nobody can say whether starting with SW cover that they should've gotten would be enough). I think it is very likely they lowball this but since they did mention 'HP' that at least gives the chance it could be enough. If they only mentioned tokens, unless they're giving out multiple 10 packs it's not going to be enough to cover missing Hulkbuster. But a large amount of HP can, at least eventually (in particular, 2500 HP would likely always be enough in the long run). I don't think it'd be enough, but I'll wait until the numbers come out first.
    I seriously doubt the HP will be enough. I mean think of all the incidentals it would need to cover: missing deadpool daily (I did mine early that day but often save it for the end of the day so I understand), only seed teams in the PvP means missing several tokens and HP (and covers for many of us too), "missing" SW covers maybe causing teams to miss a hulkbuster, or at the least some HP/tokens from the two SW nodes, missed cap progression from heroic pve or messed up placement from the end of that event. Plus the server issues at the start of run 1 messed up whichever PvP was going on and could have cost many people season placement as well. Anyway, there's easily 200+ HP in pure HP lost for all those issues combined, but not everyone was effected equally, not to mention the HP value of missed covers (which can maybe be partially made up in tokens?).

I sound critical but I think this is a pretty good response so far to the issues we had to deal with. We'll see what the final compensation actually ends up being, but compared to previous issues this looks like it will be much more generous.

Edit: 4 tokens and 100 HP... Bout what I expected. Of course hoped for maybe a bit more HP, but still stand by this being a bit better (and faster) than their previous server issue compensations.
  • FloridaFan wrote:
    CoolB76 wrote:

I have the same question. I missed out on the "black" Black Panther cover, submitted a request, and received the generic response with problem "solved" ticket closure.
    If you receive a generic response post your ticket on the forums bug section and demand D3 take it seriously.

They didn't solve your problem. It's Bull.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just logged in to 4x Ultron tokens and 100 hero points.

Got one Daken 3* cover, two Moonstone covers and a 2* Black Widow cover.
  • DFiPL wrote:

Same here, but haven't used them yet.
  • A small question. What does ~1200 players in Round 8 mean?

Our Alliance couldn't finish Round 8 with 100k on Ultron left. My contribution alone would've been enough for that. So we would theoretically be eligible? But only the top 1200 players in the whole game that couldn't finish Round 8 are getting Scarlet Witch covers?

If so, that's straight up bull. We were told this wasn't a competitive event, but suddenly it is.
    If I misunderstood, please someone explain. I don't see another meaning in that phrase.

PS: I had only a useless blue Dr. Doom in my tokens. And no Quicksilver yet.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2015
    Same here - 4 tokens and 100 hp
    I'm wondering if they increased the 3* drop % though, as I got a larger % of 3* than normal (including an IF green).

That said, our alliance could easily have gotten the last Scarlet Witch cover in Ultron 1 if the servers didn't go blammo. And I know I was like top 5 in my alliance on Ultron 1 as well - though for the life of me I can't see how they could give a SW cover to only some members of an alliance and not others since everyone who joined the event contributed and should be treatedequally when it comes to lost covers due to Demiurge problems.

I am seriously disappointed in getting tokens and not that specific cover that i worked my **** off only to come up short cause I couldn't play the last two refreshes due to server outage.

While the effort at compensation is appreciated (though a bit late as many people - not myself but many - were screwed on the SW essentials in Utron 2), I'm not sure how they arrived at the SW distribution as most alliances within 10-20% of finishing round 8 could have unlocked it during those final hours.

EDIT (3 hours later) - well i got the icon_scarletwitch.pngblueflag.png a couple hours later, and so did at least some of my alliance (haven't heard from them all yet). So - a step in the right direction and I will at least give them credit on that stance. I'll be curious if more people end up getting the Witch covers than was previously stated.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same here - 4 tokens and 100 hp
    I'm wondering if they increased the 3* drop % though, as I got a larger % of 3* than normal (including an IF green).

That said, our alliance could easily have gotten the last Scarlet Witch cover in Ultron 1 if the servers didn't go blammo. And I know I was like top 5 in my alliance on Ultron 1 as well - though for the life of me I can't see how they could give a SW cover to only some members of an alliance and not others since everyone who joined the event contributed and should be treated equally when it comes to lost covers due to Demiurge problems.

I am seriously disappointed in getting tokens and not that specific cover that i worked my **** off only to come up short cause I couldn't play the last two refreshes due to server outage.

While the effort at compensation is appreciated (though a bit late as many people - not myself but many - were screwed on the SW essentials in Utron 2), I'm not sure how they arrived at the SW distribution as most alliances within 10-20% of finishing round 8 could have unlocked it during those final hours.

No round8 scarlet here yet either. Maybe top 1200 players including ones who finished? icon_e_smile.gif
  • Alastayr wrote:
    A small question. What does ~1200 players in Round 8 mean?

Our Alliance couldn't finish Round 8 with 100k on Ultron left. My contribution alone would've been enough for that. So we would theoretically be eligible? But only the top 1200 players in the whole game that couldn't finish Round 8 are getting Scarlet Witch covers?

If so, that's straight up bull. We were told this wasn't a competitive event, but suddenly it is.
    If I misunderstood, please someone explain. I don't see another meaning in that phrase.

PS: I had only a useless blue Dr. Doom in my tokens. And no Quicksilver yet.
    I think he's just estimating # of players who fall into that category. No need to be angry yet, especially if you do end up getting the free covers.

This is just supposition, but I'm guessing he means alliance who had beat round 8 or who had about 20% health or less on ultron mk8 will automatically receive the 3rd SW cover if they didn't get it, regardless of their individual roster level.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think these are separate batches of compensation. You sound like you'll still get your SW, it just hasn't gotten pushed through the rewards queue yet.
  • I got four Ultron tokens (3 2*s and a Lazy Cap I didn't need) and 100 HP for connectivity issues - nice, I suppose, but not earth-shattering. I got everything round 1, so I don't really need any compensation for it.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Interestingly, no tokens/HP on mobile yet. Wonder if R75 has to get pushed through first?

EDIT: aaaaand just as I post that there they are
  • What an awful compensation. 4 tokens which yielded another 4 2* people.
  • I just received the tokens. blackflag.pngicon_blade.png and yellowflag.pngicon_caroldanvers.png I don't really care about CM (3/2/5 after this cover), but Blade cover is welcome. It somewhat mitigates the terrible luck I had with the event tokens this time (four 3*-4* out of 45 tokens).
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2015
    the 4 tokens and the 100 HP is that for everything or just the ultron event...

Woooo system crashes in middle of token open now says i dont have them or the rewards

How about PVP and PVE problems

3 junk and a black hulk..... i guess it was okay
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    DFiPL wrote:

Got mine. Consistent with my luck, all 2* chars (2*Mags red/blue, Marvel red, bow blue) ... or in other words, 1K ISO. If my math is right, there is about a 1/3 chance of nothing greater than 2* from four pulls, assuming a 25% chance of a "good" result each time.

Oh, well, the 100 hp is nice, even if not enough to be useful right now.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2015
    4 tokens and 100HP here too, in iPad and not R75 yet. No QS or SW covers

2 3* I have already covered and 2 2*. Lucky draw?