Ultron Run 1 Issues - UPDATE 5/4 12:30p EDT

Comments

• Not sure how they are determining it, My alliance was on round 6 and I had 1.7m points, so I'm willing to bet I was higher in the list, no rewards here yet.
  • Gordzilla
    Gordzilla Posts: 20
    Isit top 10k scorers or top 10k scorers in round 6 who are going to get the SW cover? I got over a mil points, but seeing that my alliance had no chance of clearing round 6, I slowed down and didn't grind to my max. Looking at this compensation method, I wish I had continued to play blindly..
    If only they flat out rewarded those who scored above a mil points in round 6, or just to top few players in the alliance.
    Sigh, we can never win
  • Expected to see a flurry of posts from people who got their compensation, but it's been pretty quiet...

FWIW, I got one, but for me it just ends up sitting down there with She-Hulk and the other two 3*s I don't have roster space for, and I think I'm about done playing the "who do I cut this time" game.

DBC
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I apparently wasn't in the top 10k. No Scarlet Witch cover for me!
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am not reading all 11 pages to see if my point has been raised or addressed. Shouldn't all players be given something for all the server outages? I am not a dedicated hardcore grinder player, I play for fun but does that mean my inability to log into the game has any less validity than those who play 24/7? If it does then sheet I may as well delete the app again. To me a day 400 player should receive the same recompense as a day 20 player when it comes to server and log in issues.

I see people mention Puzzles and Dragons for compensation models, well Game Of Thrones Ascent and The Settlers Online are both F2P games I play regularly and they also throw things at players when "things go awry".

Also as a personal bug bear please change the pop up message in game asking !e to check my connection. I wouldn't try to log into the game unless I was on WiFi as for some reason MPQ is exceedingly data hungry.
  • dingao666
    dingao666 Posts: 74 Match Maker
    my alliance defeat ultron round 7 but i cant get SW cover , sever problems icon_e_sad.gif

now i dont receive a SW cover
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Update 5/1 @ 5:39p:
    We'll have Scarlet Witch covers rolling out to the top 10K players that were in Round 6 tomorrow. Assuming no issues arise, expect these tomorrow morning.

Handing out Scarlet Witch only to "the top 10k players that were in round 6" is complete and utter ****.

It was a team effort to unlock the Ultron Prime nodes that awarded Scarlet Witch and now you're going to end up judging 'worthiness' for compensation for this massive screwup of yours to each individual player. Nice. That means anyone that had restricted time available, but still put in all the effort they could to help out their alliance, is getting ****. No cover for them, no sirree.

The correct reply here would've been to compensate all alliances that made it close enough to completing round.
    One simple task; ONE SIMPLE TASK and you still manage to blow it...
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    One from our alliance received their SW

The 7 that finished above who all hit 1M haven't...
    so unless they had an amazing round and we sat around idling it seems odd especialy as we made it to R8 where some of use slowed down.
  • Haven't gotten my SW cover yet, but got a "free comic book day" 2* wolverine cover!

WOLVERINE, take down Ultron!
  • DFiPL
    Yeah, I'm not happy right now. I've heard some speculation that only people who hadn't already gotten an SW cover were eligible, but I frankly have zero **** to give.

I needed fewer than 3000 points to get my 2nd Quicksilver cover. With 6 hours left, that should have been a no-brainer. Having pulled a SW from a token should not put me in 'LOLyou' land.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    There seems to be many people complaining about not receiving any compensation. Please be aware that they are currently only pushing out round 6 compensation and are still reviewing round 7 and 8.
  • We were in round 6 at the last time I could get in before the server crash at the end. Maybe there was someone in my alliance who got us into round 7, but I will never know.

I was close to getting my second QS progression as well. But it is really hard to change a point total when you are locked out the first 10 hours of an event and the final 6 hours.
  • DFiPL
    Yeah, we were in round 6. I don't know if we would have made it there if the event hadn't been locked out the last 6 hours and if people could have gotten in at the start of the event, but my alliance was definitely in round 6.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    The point that people.....INCLUDING the developers.....seem to be missing is that not only were some people locked out of playing at the END of the event, some people were locked out of playing the BEGINNING of the event, as well.

In total, I was unable to play for at least 4 hours. More likely 5, but I'm trying to not overshoot it.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    TLCstormz wrote:
    The point that people.....INCLUDING the developers.....seem to be missing is that not only were some people locked out of playing at the END of the event, some people were locked out of playing the BEGINNING of the event, as well.

In total, I was unable to play for at least 4 hours. More likely 5, but I'm trying to not overshoot it.

Event started at 11a (central), I had alliance mates just being able to login closer to 8pm. So, I don't think you're over shooting at all. The event needed to be extended a day, it was the most logical and fair solution.
  • Update 5/1 @ 5:39p:
    We'll have Scarlet Witch covers rolling out to the top 10K players that were in Round 6 tomorrow. Assuming no issues arise, expect these tomorrow morning
    Requesting clarification on who exactly qualified to get the cover. I was given one on my alt despite barely playing the event on that account (I think my alliance may have been in Round 5 though, not sure). Like, I might have beaten Ultron 2 or 3 times tops. How does that qualify for top 10K players?
  • SnagglePuss
    spectator wrote:
    There seems to be many people complaining about not receiving any compensation. Please be aware that they are currently only pushing out round 6 compensation and are still reviewing round 7 and 8.

I am guessing / hoping this will be the previous level(s), in this case SW for R6, in addition to whatever level rewards you are ranked at.
  • DFiPL
    gobstopper wrote:
    Update 5/1 @ 5:39p:
    We'll have Scarlet Witch covers rolling out to the top 10K players that were in Round 6 tomorrow. Assuming no issues arise, expect these tomorrow morning
    Requesting clarification on who exactly qualified to get the cover. I was given one on my alt despite barely playing the event on that account (I think my alliance may have been in Round 5 though, not sure). Like, I might have beaten Ultron 2 or 3 times tops. How does that qualify for top 10K players?

Yeah, clarification is necessary. If the feedback is "if you had one already you didn't qualify," I'm going to be annoyed. I don't care about heroic 10-packs or whatever. I just want what I should have had - the 750k progression Quicksilver cover, since I was short 2300 points with 6 hours to go. If they want(ed) to replace that with a SW cover instead, sure. Great. Fine. The bottom line is I'd be getting a cover to replace the one I should have earned. That's fair. I'm willing to let it go at that.

Going for a hyperspecific "top 10k players in round 6 or later who didn't already have a Scarlet Witch cover" is...a great way to reduce customer goodwill. I was planning to buy some hero points so I could roster the Squirrel Girl cover I pulled earlier in the event, but if the answer is going to be "everybody had issues but only certain people are going to get an apology cover, and only if they don't already have it," that's...kinda horseshit.
  • SnagglePuss
    DFiPL wrote:
    Going for a hyperspecific "top 10k players in round 6 or later who didn't already have a Scarlet Witch cover" is...a great way to reduce customer goodwill. I was planning to buy some hero points so I could roster the Squirrel Girl cover I pulled earlier in the event, but if the answer is going to be "everybody had issues but only certain people are going to get an apology cover, and only if they don't already have it," that's...kinda tinykitty.

This is the odd thing. We reached Ultron 8 but at least one of our members still received a SW cover so some clarification is needed somewhere.
  • I'm confused. I keep hearing about SW rewards but what about the quicksilver progression rewards. I was at 994K in Ultron 1 when the server issues happened near the last 3 hours. I'm pretty confident I could have made that last 7k up to get the final QS progression card but I'm not hearing any talk about this with the devs or other users.