Comments

• He only removes his own tho. So really it's IW that's OP! icon_eek.gif
  • Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mouser wrote:
    DuckyV wrote:
    mouser wrote:
    Saw the explanation that the 21st person from an Alliance who joins the PVE is placed into their own bracket. However is the 22nd person that joins also in their own separate bracket, or are they placed in the same bracket with player #21?

They'd join player 21 afaik.

Is there a dev post that states it works that way? I tried my best to go through the dev responses in both threads but couldn't find one that addressed my question.

DuckyV is right. If an alliance had an infinite revolving door, players #1-20 would be cooperating with each other, as would players #21-40, #41-60, etc.
  • Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OnyxSnake wrote:
    How will Punishers Retribution effect Ultron?
    Can we get him down to 30000 hit points then finish him.

Given the mechanics, you're not going to fight a 75k Ultron in an individual battle. They said "win or lose, he locks for 8 hours." That implies that when you win, you only dent his health bar.

Ultron in the individual battle, if he has 75k, will probably have some small amount (3-5k) to deal. They also said he gets stronger after you beat him, so I imagine the 2nd-8th iterations will have increased health. So 2nd go around might be 150k and 8-10k individually, something like that.

That makes sense, because otherwise one member could theoretically clear Ultron by his/herself, and they've also said it's meant for 20-man teams.

All that said, in battle mechanics should work normally. So if individual battle Ultron has 10k, Punisher will KO him at 4k. Ditto Deadpool, he's not going to do 65% of 75k (up to his max), he's going to do 65% of whatever is in the individual match.

That's exactly right, thanks for explaining it so clearly.
  • mouser wrote:
    DuckyV wrote:
    mouser wrote:
    Saw the explanation that the 21st person from an Alliance who joins the PVE is placed into their own bracket. However is the 22nd person that joins also in their own separate bracket, or are they placed in the same bracket with player #21?

They'd join player 21 afaik.

Is there a dev post that states it works that way? I tried my best to go through the dev responses in both threads but couldn't find one that addressed my question.

DuckyV is right. If an alliance had an infinite revolving door, players #1-20 would be cooperating with each other, as would players #21-40, #41-60, etc.

Quick: Somebody form an alliance called "Infinite Revolving Door" and put this to the test.
  • That would actually be a pretty good Alliance name for one of the mega alliances PvE branch. Having seen ones called "QuicksliverPvE" I assume they are created and destroyed for each event, but "Infinite Revolving Door" would be a great name to keep around for one.
  • Actual Question: Why are there two Quicksilver essential nodes and no Thor ones?
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Because they even said in the video that QS will be an essential 2 out of 5 of the nodes every time. The other 3 will rotate every 8 hours.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Actual Question: Why are there two Quicksilver essential nodes and no Thor ones?

I have zero essential nodes and zero Ultron nodes, so feel blessed.

That said, they said in the video 2 would be QS, and the rest of the characters would rotate through. So Thor should be later in the event.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Actual Question: Why are there two Quicksilver essential nodes and no Thor ones?

They love QS (I think of him as MoonBoy in that regard.). icon_e_smile.gif But the other nodes will change out. So what was Hulk this time could be Thor the next time, etc.
  • anamosity
    anamosity Posts: 87
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:

based on the video, there will always be 2 QS nodes, the other 3 rotate around the other avengers characters. I'm impressed you made it that far

*edit wow 4th reply to same question, guess everyone is on the forums looking for how to get to fight ultron
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alexraven wrote:
    He only removes his own tho. So really it's IW that's OP! icon_eek.gif

Nope, he blows all IW's locks too. The tinykitty.
  • It appears that D3 took the initiative and cleared ALL THE NODEs for everyone! with no prizes...

This game (the way they make changes to it, and the way they run it in general) is probably the biggest cluster-tinykitty ever. The onyl way someone could have a more epic fail would be to make a game that won't even turn on to begin with... enter the Ultron event. icon_rolleyes.gificon_e_surprised.gif
  • So.. Force Bubbles totally works at preventing Drop Tiles if you bubble the entire top row of the board.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    So.. Force Bubbles totally works at preventing Drop Tiles if you bubble the entire top row of the board.

To add to this, I wasn't paying really close attention, but I swore that I had interruptions when I only blocked 4/8 tiles. In other words, if Ultron tried to place the tile on top of one I locked, it failed.

I'll pay more attention next time (was scrambling because server kicked in when I had 10 minutes left to get back to work), but IW definitely seems like a beast for this event, and I have her level 70 only (but 3/5/5 build)
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So, our Alliance is already onto Round 3, however only about half of the members were able to join and start playing before all the server issues.

It appears that anyone joining now is immediately placed into Round 3. So they missed out on all the progression and node rewards from Rounds 1 & 2?

Is that working as intended--only the quickest players have an opportunity at the various Round rewards?
  • LXSandman
    LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    Options
    mouser wrote:
    So, our Alliance is already onto Round 3, however only about half of the members were able to join and start playing before all the server issues.

It appears that anyone joining now is immediately placed into Round 3. So they missed out on all the progression and node rewards from Rounds 1 & 2?

Is that working as intended--only the quickest players have an opportunity at the various Round rewards?

This ********** Sucks. Especially with a 12 EST start time when a lot of people are at work. Not to mention the network issues..

LXSandman
  • Sandbox players can't play the ultron event?
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mouser wrote:

There aren't a lot of rewards in the early rounds anyway expect maybe the tokens. The prime nodes are the important ones.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We cleared round 1, and everything is locked.. what next?
  • Malcrof wrote:
    We cleared round 1, and everything is locked.. what next?
    Wait the server update for next ultron, the ultron 2 with 150k hp, then the first node on prime map will unlock.