Ultron PvE questions

Azoic
Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Ok, so you join the Ultron event, and get locked in with your current alliance. If you switch to another alliance, you do not join their leaderboard. So do you still a part of the original alliance progress, or do you start over on your own? Assume rejoining the first alliance at that point would put you back in the event, or are you still solo?

It would be nice to have clarification since the event coincides with the end of the pvp season, and some people like to rotate around. So would you be fine as long as people joined the Ultron even before switching around?

Edited by fight4thedream: Sorry, Azoic didn't mean to hijack your thread but it seems to have gotten the ball rolling in regards to asking questions about the Ultron PvE so I thought it best to sticky it and have everyone ask their questions here to keep things organized. Hope you don't mind.

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    This definitely needs to be addressed by devs BEFORE event starts, thanks!
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,950 Chairperson of the Boards
    didnt they say no other events running wouldnt the last PVP be running same time
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    It might make it easier to consider them 20 player brackets. Once they're full, no one else can join. Once you join, you can't switch brackets.
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    jojeda654 wrote:
    It might make it easier to consider them 20 player brackets. Once they're full, no one else can join. Once you join, you can't switch brackets.

And that is what I would like clarified. You join a bracket in an alliance, switch for pvp purposes, then come back. Alliance would change but bracket in Ultron would not?
  • Posted by Pylgrim in the Youtube Ultron thread:
    Some issues that Will clarified in the video comments.

On how swapping alliances works:

You'll be playing alongside the alliance you were in when you first joined the event (when you first click on the event button, there will be a pop-up that asks you to confirm that you want to join the event as part of that alliance), no matter how many times you swap afterwards.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    They also say something to the effect of "get comfortable with your alliance".

Right now it certainly seems like you can join a PVE alliance for ultron, get locked in, then everyone jump to a PVP alliance. That will make swapping/hopping earlier - and worse than ever.

If you need to "get comfortable", does that mean points will only accumulate while you are in alliance, and if you leave the player is still locked in but the points stop accumulating?
  • I'm miffed that this is starting at noon tomorrow, 11 hours before my PvE slice ends. I would really like that red cap, but I don't want to drag down my alliance.
  • Azoic wrote:
    jojeda654 wrote:
    And that is what I would like clarified. You join a bracket in an alliance, switch for pvp purposes, then come back. Alliance would change but bracket in Ultron would not?
    Looks like you dont even need to join again the alliance you started the PvE with, once you joined their bracket you can leave for your PvP alliance and stay there.
  • Hey guys, we're still working on the FAQ for this but it's important so I'm posting more info here.

If you're alliance hopping, you need to be VERY careful. The AvU leaderboard is for 20 people, so if your 20 person alliance joins the event leaderboard, you'll play the event with those 20 people. You can all leave the alliance and join another one. All the rewards for the event go to the people in that 20 person leaderboard; there are no alliance rewards. I hope that makes sense.

The thing you need to be VERY CAREFUL of: If you form a 20 person alliance and then all join the AvU event, your leaderboard is full. If one person leaves the alliance, and someone else joins the alliance and tries to enter the event, they will get stuck in a leaderboard by themselves. I would recommend that you post how many people are in your leaderboard in alliance chat, so no one accidentally tries to join after 20 people are in the event.

We can't fix this for that player; there's nothing we can do to switch them out of that leaderboard. They'll be stuck by themself (or with anyone else that joins late) in the event, and there's no scaling for smaller alliances.

It's not ideal, and we're working on fixing this, but it won't be ready in time for both runs of this event.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2015
    The biggest question is, what happens to players joining an alliance which have already started the event with 20 members. (and some left) (so answered, 21th member also=tinikitty)

Also, if a player starts the event, will rest of the alliance auto-joins? If not, then player starts the event, 10-19 members leave without starting, now player is fu**ed?
  • Hey guys, we're still working on the FAQ for this but it's important so I'm posting more info here.

If you're alliance hopping, you need to be VERY careful. The AvU leaderboard is for 20 people, so if your 20 person alliance joins the event leaderboard, you'll play the event with those 20 people. You can all leave the alliance and join another one. All the rewards for the event go to the people in that 20 person leaderboard; there are no alliance rewards. I hope that makes sense.

The thing you need to be VERY CAREFUL of: If you form a 20 person alliance and then all join the AvU event, your leaderboard is full. If one person leaves the alliance, and someone else joins the alliance and tries to enter the event, they will get stuck in a leaderboard by themselves. I would recommend that you post how many people are in your leaderboard in alliance chat, so no one accidentally tries to join after 20 people are in the event.

We can't fix this for that player; there's nothing we can do to switch them out of that leaderboard. They'll be stuck by themself (or with anyone else that joins late) in the event, and there's no scaling for smaller alliances.

It's not ideal, and we're working on fixing this, but it won't be ready in time for both runs of this event.
    Thanks A LOT for this. My alliance is alredy making two teams that will play the event, so after we first join we can now go back to our respective alliances while keeping the event team 'together'.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    The biggest question is, what happens to players joining an alliance which have already started the event with 20 members.

They get put in a leaderboard of their own. Basically, recruitment of new members should be halted once the event starts, unless you have someone inactive.
  • turul wrote:
    The biggest question is, what happens to players joining an alliance which have already started the event with 20 members.

They get put in a leaderboard of their own. Basically, recruitment of new members should be halted once the event starts, unless you have someone inactive.

Yup. New bracket starts, so that person will be the #1 on new bracket and have its own scores for the event, no help from the alredy full bracket.
  • turul wrote:
    Also, if a player starts the event, will rest of the alliance auto-joins? If not, then player starts the event, 10-19 members leave without starting, now player is fu**ed?

No, each player has to join the event separately. You'll see a popup that asks if you want to join the event after you tap on the chapter map.
  • What is the start time? Will the Simulator PvE be done before the event starts?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShionSinX wrote:
    turul wrote:

Yup. New bracket starts, so that person will be the #1 on new bracket and have its own scores for the event, no help from the alredy full bracket.

I already see this problem arise in my secret thread - 2015 Apr 4.
    turul wrote:
    So there will be alliance-locking in this Ultron PVE.

Wonder what happens if:

- 20 player alliance starts Ultron event (all players).
    - 1 player leaves. ( he is still in event alliance )
    - 1 player joins and starts the event in this alliance. Will he be the 21th member for this PVE?

Will this be the obvious flaw of the month, which devs & playtesters forget to realize? icon_e_smile.gif

Other than that Deadpool's special will be able to kill Ultron.

So, will Deadpool also instakill Ultron?
  • What if everyone joins a newly created alliance right before the start of the event. All 20 start and join same leaderboard. Then the alliance is broken off as everyone goes back to their PVP alliances. What happens then? Do the points still stay with the original alliance or is everyone done and accumulating points just for their own now?
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,909 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey guys, we're still working on the FAQ for this but it's important so I'm posting more info here.

Hi Kabir,

i am currently trying to set up a temporary alliance for this event and the question of alliance size was brought up. If i understand you correctly, there is no scaling for alliance size meaning that it will be very difficult if not impossible for an alliance of 10 members to complete the event, correct?

i don't want to put you on the spot if you don't know but roughly how many active members would an alliance need to complete the event, theoretically speaking? No worries if you can't answer it, i know this is all experimental stuff and what not but i am uber stoked to take on Ultron! icon_twisted.gif

As always, thanks for your hard work!

Best,
    fight4thedream゙☆⌒o(*^ー゚)v
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:

So, will Deadpool also instakill Ultron?

I would think Whales will be usable in an individual bout, yes.

I imagine it'll be something like he has 10/20/50k in each go around, and the leaderboard (easier than calling it an alliance, because only kind of similar) need to knock off 1 million to open the 2nd set of nodes. Then repeat 8 times.
  • Looks like it will run in place of the regular PvE, so yes, right after after the simulator we will be playing avengers vs ultron.