Ultron PvE questions

Options

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No, each player has to join the event separately. You'll see a popup that asks if you want to join the event after you tap on the chapter map.
    Will commanders be able to see which people in the alliance have joined?
  • Demiurge_Kabir
    Options
    i don't want to put you on the spot if you don't know but roughly how many active members would an alliance need to complete the event, theoretically speaking? No worries if you can't answer it, i know this is all experimental stuff and what not but i am uber stoked to take on Ultron! icon_twisted.gif

We've worked hard on balancing this, but it's very hard to scale for alliances of different sizes. If you're going after the rewards, my best advice is to find an alliance with 20 members that are committed to playing it this weekend.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The video mentions that the start time will be noon on the 24th.
  • cliffmancliff
    Options
    I'm sorry, I should have included more info. On the April Update video, they said the event starts April 24 at noon with no staggered slices. They didn't give a timezone, so my concern is, if it were to start at noon eastern for D3P's location, that starts 12 hours before the end of my Sim run, and I could really use that red LCap. And I don't think I can do both and do justice to my alliance.
  • Demiurge_Kabir
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Will commanders be able to see which people in the alliance have joined?

Everyone can see how many people in the alliance have joined. There is an event leaderboard that shows how many people have joined your instance of the event, and their event score, which is the amount of damage they've done to Ultron plus some additional points earned through the essential character missions.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So if i have an alliance of 20, and only 16 have joined, if i kick the 4 inactives, can 4 others join, and be part of our team, since the leaderboard has room for 4 more?
  • Demiurge_Kabir
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    So if i have an alliance of 20, and only 16 have joined, if i kick the 4 inactives, can 4 others join, and be part of our team, since the leaderboard has room for 4 more?

Yes! Once the leaderboard is full, I recommend saying that in alliance chat or switching your alliance to private for the rest of the event so no one else can accidentally join.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,922 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What is the start time? Will the Simulator PvE be done before the event starts?

Merged cliffmancliff's topic with this one and just wanted to make sure his question doesn't get lost on the 1st page and is seen by a dev or someone who can answer it. Cheers!
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If we have some relative newbies in our alliance that we're helping grow in the game, will they be able to contribute in the same way they can in a regular PvE. For instance, will the pins around the main Ultron Boss battle be scaled to their rosters? Or will they just be eaten alive?
  • Demiurge_Kabir
    Demiurge_Kabir Posts: 69
    edited April 2015
    Options

Noon EDT tomorrow, the 24th. You'll see the mission preview go up in the early evening tonight.
  • Regarding the scaling, is it based on the player's roster, player's performance, or is it like DDQ, same for everyone ?

Are the nodes "clear once" (I understood the ones around Ultron are). Same with the ones giving the covers ? (like in Gauntlet)
  • cliffmancliff
    Options

Merged cliffmancliff's topic with this one and just wanted to make sure his question doesn't get lost on the 1st page and is seen by a dev or someone who can answer it. Cheers!

Noon tomorrow, the 24th. You'll see the mission preview go up in the early evening tonight.

Can you confirm if it will have a twelve-hour+ overlap with the Simulator PvE?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This really needs its own thread, its very inconvenient to scan this one for official information
  • fmftint wrote:
    This really needs its own thread, its very inconvenient to scan this one for official information

Own announcement post you mean, because this thread is already dedicated.

Maybe some mod can copy and paste the main information in the first post ?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

Own announcement post you mean, because this thread is already dedicated.

Maybe some mod can copy and paste the main information in the first post ?

Devs are probably creating a FAQ thread right now, just wait...
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Regarding Ultron, you have the main node and the 5 essentials around it. So you clear the main, then you hit an essential node. That opens up the main again. Now if you do another essential, does it tack on credit to doing the main an extra, or will you have to go: Main, essential, main, essential, etc. ? Overall, that is 11 nodes to clear every 8 hours?

Regarding Ultron Prime, the video said that you defeat Ultron and open up a "pin." So is this a personal fight? And if you fail, but the alliance takes down normal Ultron again, does a second pin open up? Theoretically meaning that you could do all 8 pins at the end if the alliance unlocked them?

Thanks!
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would also like to know this. I'm going to be on a plane for much of Monday afternoon, so if I get into the flight with my alliance close to opening up a new Ultron Prime battle, and by the time I arrive in Detroit, get my rental car, drive to the hotel, eat dinner, check in, etc, etc, they've gone around and unlocked Ultron Prime again, did I just miss out on a fight reward permanently?
  • Maybe wishful thinking here, but does the event scale at all? I mean, if it gets more difficult on a node by node basis and you're supposed to just accumulate damage then wouldn't that mean guys with weaker characters just contribute less, which they should because they've weaker characters?
  • If you join an alliance. enter the event. then join another alliance. will you get the rewards for both alliances? I.e you get the ultron event rewards from the first alliance and the pvp rewards for the second? Or do you not get the rewards if you are no longer part of the alliance?
  • Well, I guess my alliance are screwed in this one. My alliance is composed by some friends in my workplace, and of the 14 we have there, only about 7 play the game in a daily basis.

Hope I can manage to grab at least some rewards in this one.