Ultron PvE questions

Options

Comments

• scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With 8 main prizes and a 4.5 day event, that means averaging an Ultron clear every half day. So it looks like a 20 person alliance should be able to take him out in one pass of Ultron-essential-Ultron... clears before waiting for the 8 hour reset.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2015
    Options
    are these 8 hour refresh or 8 hour Hard resets -- meaning win or lose your going to have to wait a min of 8 hours to replay the nod.

if it is a hard reset i wonder how many will be willing to get up every 8 hours (even in middle of night) just to hit the refresh--- starting to think i might icon_e_smile.gif

also remember my other question..

Has it been confirm no other events will run during the same time (besides the Sunday final PVE of the season)

meaning the new seasons wont start until arouind May 7 or later
  • Demiurge_Kabir
    Options
    Based on my understanding from the video, there's the equivalent of a separate Gauntlet sub with eight nodes where the unlock requirement for each node is "defeat Alliance Ultron once," "defeat Alliance Ultron twice," all the way up to "defeat Alliance Ultron eight times" for the final node.

The last 3 nodes on that line give out the SW covers.

This is correct.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    are these 8 hour refresh or 8 hour Hard resets -- meaning win or lose your going to have to wait a min of 8 hours to replay the node

According to earlier statements, the Ultron boss battle is on a hard 8 hour timer that resets when you fight him whether you win or lose, but even if you lose the damage you deal counts toward your overall alliance score.
    The Avengers essential fights against Ultron's minions only reset their timers when you win.
  • slidecage
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    are these 8 hour refresh or 8 hour Hard resets -- meaning win or lose your going to have to wait a min of 8 hours to replay the node

According to earlier statements, the Ultron boss battle is on a hard 8 hour timer that resets when you fight him whether you win or lose, but even if you lose the damage you deal counts toward your overall alliance score.
    The Avengers essential fights against Ultron's minions only reset their timers when you win.

thanks for that info. are the avengers hard reset as well (meaning we can not grind any nods in this) i usually hit nods twice so i dont have to get up to play
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When you win an Avengers vs. Minions fight it locks for 8 hours, yeah.
  • Maybe stupid question but :

Can the Ultron tile that goes down be locked by IW (therefore it has no more ability), or whatever happens, as long as it lands, it does damage ?
  • Demiurge_Kabir
    Options
    slidecage wrote:

This isn't quite correct. If you beat an essential mission, it will clear the cooldown on the main pin and give you another chance at Ultron.
  • TCell
    TCell Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I am super excited for this event.

Looking at the Round 1 Preview, under Event Rules for powered up characters, a few characters we might have expected are not listed. Most notably, Original Black Widow (2*), Falcon, and Goddess Thor (4*).

Is there a specific reason they were excluded?

Thanks!
  • Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Maybe stupid question but :

Can the Ultron tile that goes down be locked by IW (therefore it has no more ability), or whatever happens, as long as it lands, it does damage ?

Locked tiles stay where they are. So if you lock one of Ultron's Drop tiles with Invisible Woman's powers, it won't hit the bottom row, so it won't go off.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2015
    Options
    lukewin wrote:
    The way I understand it, is there will basically be a main and a sub. In the main, you have Ultron in the middle, surrounded by 5 Essential nodes. In the sub, Ultron Prime, with 8 unlockable nodes, 1 unlocks for each time the alliance takes down Ultron. The main is for the alliance progress. The sub is for personal rewards, and has to be completed on an individual basis. In the main, you'll either be playing the Ultron node or an Essential node(s). When playing one, the other is locked out.

You fight Ultron in the main, main node. Your alliance takes down Ultron. That locks the Ultron node and unlocks an essential in the main and one node in the sub. Not sure how many people have to beat that Essential node in the main, for the Ultron node to reopen or if you have to complete all 5 Essentials together, for the main node to reopen. Rinse and repeat until you have unlocked all 8 nodes in the Ultron Prime sub, for you to clear out at your own pace, to gain the 3 SW covers.

For the sake of forum speak, I say nodes, not pins.

Re-watched the YouTube video.

So you fight Ultron in the main. Win or lose, your pts knock down his health, that the alliance is doing, as well. After that match, the Ultron node is locked, and the 5 Essentials are open (2 of which will be Quicksilver). If you beat an Essential node, you get another chance at Ultron. In the 8 hours, you'll have 6 chances to fight Ultron.

Ultron
    Essential 1
    Ultron
    Essential 2
    Ultron
    Essential 3
    Ultron
    Essential 4
    Ultron
    Essential 5
    Ultron

If you lose an Essential match, you'll get to try right away to beat the Essential again. Every 8 hours, the Essential characters will change in the nodes. If you have the healthpacks and can survive, you could play those 11 matches however long it takes you to play, but you'll have 8 hours before the Essential characters are swapped. If you fight and win all 11 matches in an hour, you won't be able to do anything in the main, for the 8 hr cooldown Ultron node has. Winning the Essentials reopens up the Ultron node, but I assume, you can only win the Essential once, and from the video, Casey said you have 6 chances to fight Ultron every 8 hours.

Every time your alliance beats Ultron though, a node in the sub should unlock. Which is where you work on your own progression. You'll have the 4.5 days to unlock and beat all those nodes in the sub, but you'll have 6 chances every 8 hours, to personally fight Ultron, to unlock those 8 nodes.

I am pretty sure I have the right interpretation, from the video, the articles and the multiple posts on the forum.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What determines the scaling? Are new players out of luck or will the nodes be scaled for their limited roster?
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:

Locked tiles stay where they are. So if you lock one of Ultron's Drop tiles with Invisible Woman's powers, it won't hit the bottom row, so it won't go off.

Obligatory. Can you "Control Shift" it?
  • slidecage
    edited April 2015
    Options
    lukewin wrote:
    lukewin wrote:
    The way I understand it, is there will basically be a main and a sub. In the main, you have Ultron in the middle, surrounded by 5 Essential nodes. In the sub, Ultron Prime, with 8 unlockable nodes, 1 unlocks for each time the alliance takes down Ultron. The main is for the alliance progress. The sub is for personal rewards, and has to be completed on an individual basis. In the main, you'll either be playing the Ultron node or an Essential node(s). When playing one, the other is locked out.

You fight Ultron in the main, main node. Your alliance takes down Ultron. That locks the Ultron node and unlocks an essential in the main and one node in the sub. Not sure how many people have to beat that Essential node in the main, for the Ultron node to reopen or if you have to complete all 5 Essentials together, for the main node to reopen. Rinse and repeat until you have unlocked all 8 nodes in the Ultron Prime sub, for you to clear out at your own pace, to gain the 3 SW covers.

For the sake of forum speak, I say nodes, not pins.

Re-watched the YouTube video.

So you fight Ultron in the main. Win or lose, your pts knock down his health, that the alliance is doing, as well. After that match, the Ultron node is locked, and the 5 Essentials are open (2 of which will be Quicksilver). If you beat an Essential node, you get another chance at Ultron. In the 8 hours, you'll have 6 chances to fight Ultron.

Ultron
    Essential 1
    Ultron
    Essential 2
    Ultron
    Essential 3
    Ultron
    Essential 4
    Ultron
    Essential 5
    Ultron

If you lose an Essential match, you'll get to try right away to beat the Essential again. Every 8 hours, the Essential characters will change in the nodes. If you have the healthpacks and can survive, you could play those 11 matches however long it takes you to play, but you'll have 8 hours before the Essential characters are swapped. If you fight and win all 11 matches in an hour, you won't be able to do anything in the main, for the 8 hr cooldown Ultron node has. Winning the Essentials reopens up the Ultron node, but I assume, you can only win the Essential once, and from the video, Casey said you have 6 chances to fight Ultron every 8 hours.

Every time your alliance beats Ultron though, a node in the sub should unlock. Which is where you work on your own progression. You'll have the 4.5 days to unlock and beat all those nodes in the sub, but you'll have 6 chances every 8 hours, to personally fight Ultron, to unlock those 8 nodes.

I am pretty sure I have the right interpretation, from the video, the articles and the multiple posts on the forum.

so if you are in a very bad team and you can never beat Untron will any of those 8 nods ever unlock on their own (or only unlock if you beat him... Cant till 2pm tomorrow when i have a chance to play this

info is now up on the main page in the game... woo

says round 1... is each round timed ?
  • lukewin
    Options
    Oh, and the Essentials sound like they are gonna have waves of enemies, like Survival nodes in DPD and Enemy of the State.
  • lukewin wrote:
    Oh, and the Essentials sound like they are gonna have waves of enemies, like Survival nodes in DPD and Enemy of the State.

Really ?
  • lukewin
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    so if you are in a very bad team and you can never beat Untron will any of those 8 nods ever unlock on their own (or only unlock if you beat him... Cant till 2pm tomorrow when i have a chance to play this

info is now up on the main page in the game... woo

Even if you are playing by yourself, if you can beat Ultron 6x every 8 hours, you might be able to unlock some of those nodes, but until we know his health, you might not be able to unlock all 8 by yourself.

From Casey 5:35 mark, paraphrasing
    "in a single go around, you can play the center pin (node) 6x and that's a lot of pts against that big health bar up top."

So really depends on what he means by "a lot of pts against that big health bar up top."
  • lukewin
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    lukewin wrote:

Really ?

4:58 mark in the video. "waves of enemies"
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The preview tab is up, looks like they either forgot to list OBW or she isn't boosted. GSBW and Modern are.
  • Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    TazFTW wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:

Obligatory. Can you "Control Shift" it?

Nope - Control Shift only affects Countdown tiles, and this is a new tile type called a Drop tile.