Options

Comments

• TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    TazFTW wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Maybe stupid question but :

Can the Ultron tile that goes down be locked by IW (therefore it has no more ability), or whatever happens, as long as it lands, it does damage ?

Locked tiles stay where they are. So if you lock one of Ultron's Drop tiles with Invisible Woman's powers, it won't hit the bottom row, so it won't go off.

Obligatory. Can you "Control Shift" it?

Nope - Control Shift only affects Countdown tiles, and this is a new tile type called a Drop tile.

icon_deadpool.png WWW FTW?
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Could you give a quick clarification on how this new drop tile will interact with existing character skills (other than IW, which has been discussed) that interact with enemy special tiles?

-- Is it considered a "special" tile for purposes of skills that destroy/can overwrite/interact with enemy "special tiles" (e.g. Cap's max-level redtile.png / bluetile.png skills, R&G greentile.png , Doc Ock's passive blacktile.png)?

-- Will Daredevil's purpletile.png include it as a potential converted tile?

-- Will Squirrel Girl's purpletile.png include it as an enemy tile for adding additional damage?
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:

Can the Ultron tile that goes down be locked by IW (therefore it has no more ability), or whatever happens, as long as it lands, it does damage ?

Locked tiles stay where they are. So if you lock one of Ultron's Drop tiles with Invisible Woman's powers, it won't hit the bottom row, so it won't go off.

On the other hand, Ultron will simply drop another drop tile to replace the previous one that got locked, I assume. It was that way with IF/Cage green/red passive tiles.
  • Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    Could you give a quick clarification on how this new drop tile will interact with existing character skills (other than IW, which has been discussed) that interact with enemy special tiles?

-- Is it considered a "special" tile for purposes of skills that destroy/can overwrite/interact with enemy "special tiles" (e.g. Cap's max-level redtile.png / bluetile.png skills, R&G greentile.png , Doc Ock's passive blacktile.png)?

-- Will Squirrel Girl's purpletile.png include it as an enemy tile for adding additional damage?

If an ability says "special tile" (like Doctor Octopus's Black), the Drop tile counts.

If it says something like "Strike, Protect, or Attack tile" (like Daredevil's Radar Sense or Squirrel Girl's Nuts from Above), then it doesn't.

A Drop tile is an enemy special tile, but if an ability lists specific tile types and "Drop tile" isn't included, the ability won't count/affect it. In that sense, they're similar to Invisibility tiles.
  • Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    puppychow wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:

On the other hand, Ultron will simply drop another drop tile to replace the previous one that got locked, I assume. It was that way with IF/Cage green/red passive tiles.

Ultron creates one new Drop tile every turn, whether or not the previous ones are matched away/Locked/otherwise taken care of.
  • puppychow
    Options
    slidecage wrote:

so if you are in a very bad team and you can never beat Untron will any of those 8 nods ever unlock on their own (or only unlock if you beat him... Cant till 2pm tomorrow when i have a chance to play this

info is now up on the main page in the game... woo

says round 1... is each round timed ?

It's not a question good team or bad team. I see an issue w/ the essential nodes, because if your alliance doesn't have anyone who can unlock those survival essential nodes, there's simply not enough time for your group to get enough cracks at the main ultron node in the middle.
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    Options
    If an ability says "special tile" (like Doctor Octopus's Black), the Drop tile counts.

If it says something like "Strike, Protect, or Attack tile" (like Daredevil's Radar Sense or Squirrel Girl's Nuts from Above), then it doesn't.

A Drop tile is an enemy special tile, but if an ability lists specific tile types and "Drop tile" isn't included, the ability won't count/affect it. In that sense, they're similar to Invisibility tiles.

Lol, plug for Doc Ock? So no Falcon then, so just Cap, IW, Doc Ock and Starlord are the only ones that can target these Drop Tiles if I am reading this correctly?
  • puppychow
    Options
    Scoregasms wrote:

Lol, plug for Doc Ock? So no Falcon then, so just Cap, IW, Doc Ock and Starlord are the only ones that can target these Drop Tiles if I am reading this correctly?

My thoughts exactly, for better or worse. icon_cry.gif
  • So how perfectly are the 20 people in your alliance going to have to play?

I mean, is this only going to be feasible for t100 alliances, with casual alliances not able to get to any of the Scarlet Witch covers?

icon_neutral.gif
  • If you lock the entire top row that should prevent any drop tile from being created since the top row no longer exists for all practical purposes. I assume Ultron can still move the board though, and even if not, the ability to destroy a row passively each turn means you only have about 6 turns before he blows a hole in your top row because whenever a row cascades down there's a 1/49 chance that the top tile will match with the two tiles below (1/7^2) and he's got 8 free shots to do it for each tile in the top row to attempt to break it each turn.
  • Asked in the other thread and didn't get a response:

1) How long will the overall event run?
    2) Do chapters expire, how tight is the timing? Loose enough to play at leisure or religious 8 hour intervals?
    3) What will scaling look like? Degree and what elements based on?
    4) Any chance a 1-woman or 1-man alliance could pull this off, or is it fundamentally structured and dependent on constant alliance members attacking nodes?
    5) The individual Prime missions - are those full sub-events, or just individual nodes? Details seem a little vague on that point.

Thanks
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    this is a very cool event. a non-globally competitive, alliance-based event is exactly what a lot of people have been looking for. and scarlet witch looks like a great character.

i didn't read through all seven pages, but did someone ask the most important question - are they "nodes" or "pins"??
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Asked in the other thread and didn't get a response:

1) How long will the overall event run?
    2) Do chapters expire, how tight is the timing? Loose enough to play at leisure or religious 8 hour intervals?
    3) What will scaling look like? Degree and what elements based on?
    4) Any chance a 1-woman or 1-man alliance could pull this off, or is it fundamentally structured and dependent on constant alliance members attacking nodes?
    5) The individual Prime missions - are those full sub-events, or just individual nodes? Details seem a little vague on that point.

Thanks

1.. event ends midnight weds april 29 (2nd event starts weds april 29th noon (12 hours apart)
    4... i say there is no way a one person team can win much (i even say a 10 person team will have a very hard time---- its just based on either the 75000 HP is locked dont see how 1 or 5 or even 10 could take it down
  • Apologies if it's already been asked, buuut...

Based on my understanding of the "drop tiles," do we not want cascades/board shakers?

DBC
  • Apologies if it's already been asked, buuut...

Based on my understanding of the "drop tiles," do we not want cascades/board shakers?

DBC

It makes these moves a double edged sword. On one hand, you need to shake up the board to hit a drop tile you couldn't match easily, but that might just make the tile drop even further down too. Of course, if it looks like there was a tile that you can't get to no matter what then it's still safe to use a board shaking move but it'll rarely as clear cut as that.
  • GritsNGravy
    GritsNGravy Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DaveR4470 wrote:

So how does this work with Cap's red and blue that say "Any chosen tile"?

Thanks again Will and Kabir for this info, this is really exciting!
  • Phantron wrote:
    Apologies if it's already been asked, buuut...

DBC

It makes these moves a double edged sword. On one hand, you need to shake up the board to hit a drop tile you couldn't match easily, but that might just make the tile drop even further down too. Of course, if it looks like there was a tile that you can't get to no matter what then it's still safe to use a board shaking move but it'll rarely as clear cut as that.

OK, good, my question was clear enough. icon_e_wink.gif

Yeah, that's exactly what I was contemplating. It seems like it's going to be a nail-biting blend of sometimes actively trying to initiate a cascade, sometimes not...

It's going to be a thrill-ride! icon_e_biggrin.gif

DBC
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Saw the explanation that the 21st person from an Alliance who joins the PVE is placed into their own bracket. However is the 22nd person that joins also in their own separate bracket, or are they placed in the same bracket with player #21?

• So how does this work with Cap's red and blue that say "Any chosen tile"?

Thanks again Will and Kabir for this info, this is really exciting!

Any chosen tile is not really any chosen tile because I found out you can't overwrite a locked tile with red/blue, so I'd assume Captain's ability works on drop tile until it does not.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    mouser wrote:
    Saw the explanation that the 21st person from an Alliance who joins the PVE is placed into their own bracket. However is the 22nd person that joins also in their own separate bracket, or are they placed in the same bracket with player #21?

They'd join player 21 afaik.