Ultron PvE questions

Options

Comments

• mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There aren't a lot of rewards in the early rounds anyway expect maybe the tokens. The prime nodes are the important ones.

Other then the guaranteed SW covers at the end of the prime nodes, what rewards in this event are more valuable then the tokens?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    We cleared round 1, and everything is locked.. what next?
    Wait the server update for next ultron, the ultron 2 with 150k hp, then the first node on prime map will unlock.

Will do... if the events ever come back
  • So decided to come back to the game to try this new format event.

No Quicksilver in my roster = Kind of a bummer.

Why have essential characters in all nodes, surely that would totally put off any new players brought to the game by the movie tie-in.
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So, if by chance, the servers crash and we're unable to play ANY events for any extended period of time, will Ultron (or any other events ending now) get an extension?
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mouser wrote:
    There aren't a lot of rewards in the early rounds anyway expect maybe the tokens. The prime nodes are the important ones.

Other then the guaranteed SW covers at the end of the prime nodes, what rewards in this event are more valuable then the tokens?

The 25 HP. Every two rounds you pretty much get a free Ultron token if you buy the Daily Deal.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2015
    Options
    how many rounds is an alliance allowed to clear in a day anyway? We're stuck at zero health on the current round. I have nothing to do! icon_e_sad.gif

(Awesome pve devs, thank you. ai luck with cascades not so awesome omg.)

edit: boom goes the servers again.
  • how many rounds is an alliance allowed to clear in a day anyway? We're stuck at zero health on the current round. I have nothing to do! icon_e_sad.gif

(Awesome pve devs, thank you. ai luck with cascades not so awesome omg.)
    Just wait a bit and it will be updated. Meanwhile, you can beat the other nodes for the rewards (not that anything but the QS nodes with 25HP and event token are important).
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LXSandman wrote:
    mouser wrote:
    So, our Alliance is already onto Round 3, however only about half of the members were able to join and start playing before all the server issues.

It appears that anyone joining now is immediately placed into Round 3. So they missed out on all the progression and node rewards from Rounds 1 & 2?

Is that working as intended--only the quickest players have an opportunity at the various Round rewards?

This ********** Sucks. Especially with a 12 EST start time when a lot of people are at work. Not to mention the network issues..

LXSandman

There are only progression rewards in this event. With Ultron's HP likely going well into the millions in the later rounds it is most assured that even if you join late you'll be able to get all the progression rewards.
  • Pylgrim wrote:
    There are only progression rewards in this event. With Ultron's HP likely going well into the millions in the later rounds it is most assured that even if you join late you'll be able to get all the progression rewards.
    Exactly.

Looking at the ultron's rewards, you only need 3 fights on main node to get progression. So just one extra fight on ultron 8 seems enough to compensate for the entire ultron 1 to 3 (one fight each).
  • mouser
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:

You will miss the per Round progression rewards though.
  • So, if by chance, the servers crash and we're unable to play ANY events for any extended period of time, will Ultron (or any other events ending now) get an extension?

Dear God I hope so. My 8-hour PVE refresh happened over an hour ago, and my alliance is currently fighting Ultron with who knows how many members even able to participate. lol

Double-plus bad. icon_cry.gif

DBC
  • Anyone else not getting progression points for beating Ultron Primes? Just curious if that was how it was supposed to be or if its part of the crash.
  • Alexraven wrote:
    Anyone else not getting progression points for beating Ultron Primes? Just curious if that was how it was supposed to be or if its part of the crash.

It's part of the server issues. Once the server updates with your score you will get a bunch in a row. Happened to me as well.

I especially dislike where it says +0 and 0/0 totals after a fight, but it gets the right score eventually.
  • Thanks, was just curious because it was only happening against the Primes. All other nodes were giving points.

Patience is a virtue. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Alexraven wrote:
    Thanks, was just curious because it was only happening against the Primes. All other nodes were giving points.

Patience is a virtue. icon_e_smile.gif

Could also be the case that Prime is already dead, and they don't count victories vs Prime while dead as points. But every +0 I've seen show up has accompanied a Commlink Down message.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    best of luck to people getting witch covers. My highest person is ranked 88...

1 cover was 100
    2 covers was 120
    3 covers i think was 160+

though i will to get them All WOOOO
  • mouser
    Options
    One other oddity I noticed when still able to login is there were two separate token packs:

a) Avengers vs Ultron - Quicksilver as highest odds.
    b) Ultron Pack - Scarlet Witch as highest odds, plus other unique rewards.

Looking through the progression and node rewards in the Ultron PVE I only saw the event handing out Token (b). Is pack (a) a glitch, token (a) handed out at some point later, or a token pack where the only way to get tokens is to purchase with HP?
  • mouser wrote:
    One other oddity I noticed when still able to login is there were two separate token packs:

Looking through the progression and node rewards in the Ultron PVE I only saw the event handing out Token (b). Is pack (a) a glitch, token (a) handed out at some point later, or a token pack where the only way to get tokens is to purchase with HP?

They are given in Ultron Prime.
  • arktos1971 wrote:
    mouser wrote:

They are given in Ultron Prime.

No, Ultron Prime gives out "Prize Pack" tokens which are Token (b) above. Pack A seems to exist for purchase only.
  • I still have not joined since I was away from home when the event started and once I got home I couldn't connect. I will try to join an alliance tomorrow morning because it's too late now and the game still can't connect (3+ hours ). A question I have is what happens if I join an alliance that HAD 20 members when they joined the event, but they have open slots now. If they are all in a 20 player bracket, in which bracket am I placed?

This combination of 1) the current alliance system, 2) the Ultron event (alliance pve) and 3) the alliance hoping, looks to me like a recipe for disaster.