Ultron PvE questions

Options

Comments

• mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Koko81 wrote:
    Not sure if this was asked or if it was answered:

I missed the beginning of the event thanks to not being able to connect to the servers, so essentially missed the first 4 rounds (my team was ruthless with ultron). Does that mean I will miss out on the progression reward? If we beat ultron before the end of the event (IE Still time left for the event), can we still rack up points for progression?

Thanks for the new content, keep up the great work devs

I don't think the devs have said anything official, but there are unconfirmed reports Ultron round 8 will remain open after he's defeated. So progression points are still available.

We should know soon if that's the case.
  • mouser
    Options
    CNash wrote:
    Does the Ultron node's 8 hour refresh timer reset every time it's cleared between Ultron Sentry (Essential) runs? So if I beat Ultron, then unlock the node again by beating an Essential node, then beat Ultron again, does his timer go back to 8 hours after every clear?

Ultron's timer starts anew at 8 hours every time you beat him.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wait... so this means that in order to get the most out of each round, we basically have to beat all five Essentials (with Ultron in between each) all in one go, then wait 8 hours for everything to refresh, then do it again? I thought we'd be able to stagger the Ultron fights over the 8 hour period if we wanted, then have the Essentials all refresh after 8 hours like a sub-event. Or am I misunderstanding?
  • mouser
    Options
    CNash wrote:
    Wait... so this means that in order to get the most out of each round, we basically have to beat all five Essentials (with Ultron in between each) all in one go, then wait 8 hours for everything to refresh, then do it again? I thought we'd be able to stagger the Ultron fights over the 8 hour period if we wanted, then have the Essentials all refresh after 8 hours like a sub-event. Or am I misunderstanding?

- Every time you beat Ultron, his node locks with an 8 hour timer. You can wait for the timer to run down, or remove it by beating one of the five essential side nodes.
    - Every time you beat an essential side node, that node locks until the global reset of essential nodes. That happens at 04:00, 12:00 and 20:00 EST.

So yes, you can stagger your Ultron fights in the 8 hour period between the global essential node resets.
  • Turbosmooth
    Turbosmooth Posts: 213
    Options
    CNash wrote:

Yes. The timer restarts each time you beat with an Essential. (If your Alliance finishes the round, then you become unblocked.) Pair your best characters with Quicksilver and do one of those first. By the time you are done with the other three, Quicksilver gains a bit of health to finish off the final. Reserve a special team for bombing Ultron if you do not have Blue IW. Since I don't, I use Grey Suit BW + ** Magneto + ** Ms. Marvel. This isn't ideal, but half the time I don't get bomb damage. ** Magneto does conflict with GSBW, but sometimes you need to spawn blue instead of green. I have an incomplete 4/4/3 GSBW build, but with 4 Red covers, I get 3 shots which is awesome. Her most popular build is 5/3/5, but I might end up with a 4/4/5 or 5/4/4.

I do not recommend playing Ultron Prime if you can play AvU. As you can always play open Ultron Prime missions for the event duration.

Since Ultron's health is 1000000 in Round 4 and my Alliance is not great, there is no way I'm going to see Scarlet Witch. I'm carrying half the Alliance. I should look in to perhaps a better PvE Alliance after this (I am terrible at PvP and don't want to pay for shields).
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CNash wrote:

Yes. The timer restarts each time you beat with an Essential. (If your Alliance finishes the round, then you become unblocked.) Pair your best characters with Quicksilver and do one of those first. By the time you are done with the other three, Quicksilver gains a bit of health to finish off the final. Reserve a special team for bombing Ultron if you do not have Blue IW. Since I don't, I use Grey Suit BW + ** Magneto + ** Ms. Marvel. This isn't ideal, but half the time I don't get bomb damage. ** Magneto does conflict with GSBW, but sometimes you need to spawn blue instead of green. I have an incomplete 4/4/3 GSBW build, but with 4 Red covers, I get 3 shots which is awesome. Her most popular build is 5/3/5, but I might end up with a 4/4/5 or 5/4/4.

I do not recommend playing Ultron Prime if you can play AvU. As you can always play open Ultron Prime missions for the event duration.

Since Ultron's health is 1000000 in Round 4 and my Alliance is not great, there is no way I'm going to see Scarlet Witch. I'm carrying half the Alliance. I should look in to perhaps a better PvE Alliance after this (I am terrible at PvP and don't want to pay for shields).
    First to let you know GSBW is much better as 5 purpleflag.png 5 greenflag.png Purple feeds green which does great AOE damage.
    2nd you still might get some SW from tokens and even the nodes. You do need your alliance to really contribute. Once you get to round 6 it will take a couple extra clears from multiple people. Hopefully since it is the weekend the rest of your alliance will pick it up. Right now we are almost done with round 6 with only 19 members participating.
    Thanks for sharing your strategy
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is there something I am missing about the Invisible Woman strategy? It seems like it would take 14AP to pull off which even with boosts and Magneto will take a little while. If you get an initial set of 4 locked tiles on the top row, does the RNG filter bomb tiles into the non-locked (and non-Teamup?) columns or are there safe turns when it would choose a locked tile?

My Alliance tends closer to a dozen active players so I didn't want to take the risk of trying it out and losing if it will be a tight margin to hit the Scarlet Witch awards.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    Is there something I am missing about the Invisible Woman strategy? It seems like it would take 14AP to pull off which even with boosts and Magneto will take a little while. If you get an initial set of 4 locked tiles on the top row, does the RNG filter bomb tiles into the non-locked (and non-Teamup?) columns or are there safe turns when it would choose a locked tile?

My Alliance tends closer to a dozen active players so I didn't want to take the risk of trying it out and losing if it will be a tight margin to hit the Scarlet Witch awards.

It filters them - would have been great with old rags clearing the middle columns. I've switched off using her - I had some success with her but use patch, cyclops, 1* Hawkeye or xforce, iron fist, punisher more reliably.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We're at <5000 health in Round 4 (just need someone else to login and finish it off since I just completed my batch of 6 fights). My general team for now is Doc Ock, Blade, Punisher. Matching the drop tiles gives me attack tiles, I can occasionally get strike/attack tiles from Blade, and two red matches + boost to use Retaliation.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    ZeiramMR wrote:

For the Quick Silver essential nodes, I've been pairing him with IW (with five blue covers) and She Hulk for an aoe dmg team. Since IW blue is triggered at 7 ap, I focus on making blue matches first, red second (to trigger she hulk's aoe), black third (to let QS swap tiles to make blue/red matches), green fourth (QS direct attack), Yellow fifth, and purple last. The added benefit of setting up IW bue is that she throws out a blue protect tile to absorb some of the pesky strike dmg.

I don't worry too much about what I choose to lock up w/ IW blue, because the explosion will unlock those tiles anyway. I only lock enemy protect tiles, so that my aoe dmg does not get reduced.
  • Here is a question: Are there more than 8 rounds? What happens if we finish early?
  • so I've beaten all of Ultron centuries in now I still cannot play the second round vs Ultron why wont it open? help please.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    Here is a question: Are there more than 8 rounds? What happens if we finish early?
    Thankfully, you get to stop...
  • puppychow
    Options
    Die2Day wrote:
    so I've beaten all of Ultron centuries in now I still cannot play the second round vs Ultron why wont it open? help please.

Did your alliance kill off Ultron in the first round? He has 1,000,000 health in the opening round. Once you kill him off, you should log out of the game and log back in. Round 2 should then be available to play. This event requires alliance participation in order to clear the rounds. Rounds 6, 7, 8 will unlock corresponding ultron prime nodes that give scarlett witch cover of each color. Only the alliances that fully participate in clearing out the rounds will have a shot at those (this is by design from D3).

To check the remaining health, you hit the event rules tab and it'll tell you how much is remaining on Ultron's health.
  • puppychow
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    Here is a question: Are there more than 8 rounds? What happens if we finish early?
    Thankfully, you get to stop...

Nope, you get to play oscorp! icon_twisted.gif
  • Gordzilla
    Gordzilla Posts: 20
    Options
    What happens to A member if he gets kicked out of the alliance halfway through the event? Will he still be able to play?
    Will the ultron prime nodes unlocked after he's been kicked out be available to him?
  • Gordzilla wrote:
    What happens to A member if he gets kicked out of the alliance halfway through the event? Will he still be able to play?
    Will the ultron prime nodes unlocked after he's been kicked out be available to him?

Once he has joined into the 20 man bracket he is in until the end of the event, weather he changes alliances or not.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    Gordzilla wrote:

Once he has joined into the 20 man bracket he is in until the end of the event, weather he changes alliances or not.
    Exactly. My alliance family had two groups for this event, so we started it out and I voluntaried to see if my scores would stay with that 20 man bracket. After we confirmed it we started swaping back to our homes and have been working towards the season end more relaxed without the fear of either PvP or AvU.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Any alliances completed Round 8?

Is it true that the main Ultron sub disappears after completion?

That would be bad as it means denying some members in alliances the progression rewards. Also it then becomes a competition WITHIN the alliance.

Can one of the devs confirm this if they haven't? Is it stated somewhere?
  • polecat
    polecat Posts: 22
    Options
    Oldboy wrote:
    Any alliances completed Round 8?

Is it true that the main Ultron sub disappears after completion?

That would be bad as it means denying some members in alliances the progression rewards. Also it then becomes a competition WITHIN the alliance.

Can one of the devs confirm this if they haven't? Is it stated somewhere?

Unfortunately, once you complete Round 8 it does disappear.