Ultron PvE questions

Options

Comments

• mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hey all,
    Just weighing in on the issue Alliances are experiencing where the main Avengers vs Ultron sub-chapter is closed after Round 8 is done. We initially designed it this way because when you reach the point target in Round 8, you’ve beaten Ultron. This wasn’t intended to promote inter-Alliance combat, but it has and that’s not fun. Thanks for the feedback about this. We’re looking at fixing this issue in the future, but won’t have a fix in time for Run 2.

If it's not possible to fix Ultron disappearing after Round 8 for the next run, is it possible to reduce the progression rewards so a full team of 20 could reach them? There are approximately 860k points available on average for 20 players. So drop the top progression reward to say 750k? Assuming the available points from Ultron are the same this 2nd run.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would suggest they:

Reduce the progression levels... we know they can change reward structures easier than boss structure. 750K top progression. The next time the event runs, they can go back to 1 million with extra levels for points only.

If you add a 9th round that is endless play, I think that would be fun. Ultron with infinite Health. No specified points for the match, you play to the death. You pick your three and you go until you die. How ever much damage you were able to do to Ultron is how many points you get. With this, a good team could rack up those missing points pretty easily.

Put gold tokens on all Essential nodes, since many people won't have SW for the next round.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey all,
    Just weighing in on the issue Alliances are experiencing where the main Avengers vs Ultron sub-chapter is closed after Round 8 is done. We initially designed it this way because when you reach the point target in Round 8, you’ve beaten Ultron. This wasn’t intended to promote inter-Alliance combat, but it has and that’s not fun. Thanks for the feedback about this. We’re looking at fixing this issue in the future, but won’t have a fix in time for Run 2.

After this run of Avengers vs Ultron finishes tonight at midnight, if you got locked out of progression rewards because your alliance finished the event early, please contact support from in-game. We're looking into ways to make it up to you.

Thanks,
    Kabir
    I think this should be put in the announcements section so it isn't lost in the middle of this thread. This is very important to a lot of people, they need to be aware.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey all,

After this run of Avengers vs Ultron finishes tonight at midnight, if you got locked out of progression rewards because your alliance finished the event early, please contact support from in-game. We're looking into ways to make it up to you.

Thanks,
    Kabir

Thanks! We all understand that this is a new event with unforeseen consequences. I'll be happy to report this news back to my alliance.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2015
    Options
    DuckyV wrote:
    DuckyV wrote:
    It's funny that you said alliance hopping is against what an alliance should mean when you've been a part of at least three different alliances. People change alliances all the time due to various reasons and they shouldn't be punished for wanting to play with a group of players who more share their goals and values.

Frantic alliance hopping at the end of an event has nothing to do with sharing goals and values. I see alliances more like groups of friends playing together, not like a sum of numbers.

And alliance lock-in lets people move free... in-between events.

And when, pray tell, are we ever in between events? PvE's can sometimes overlap by 12 hours and PvP overlaps on Friday.

I can almost guarantee you have benefited from the use of mercs, so it's a bit hypocritical to say lock them out when you've used them in the past.

Edit:
    New Story Event Schedule
    Starting on 4/30 all of our Story events will last either 3, 4, or 7 days and will fit into a week-long cycle.

We’ve removed the downtime between Story events - each one now is immediately followed by the next.

As you were saying...

Alliances are forced to merc because they have to to stay competitive, doing so doesn't mean they agree with the idea or principle. The point of alliances is camaraderie and teamwork, so I'm curious how mercenaries fit in with either of those words.

That aside, it is a piece of meta-game for alliance leaders that isn't fun. Alliance leaders should be rewarded for putting together a consistently great team, not ripping one apart and pasting the perfect one together in the last hour.

Just because PVE's are back to back doesn't mean you have to join them before switching alliances.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wanted to highlight something that I think was an unmitigated success of the Ultron PVE...
    Please keep the "alliance lock-in" system for all events from now on. I'll probably get downvoted by all the mercs around here, but IMHO aliance hopping is completely against what an alliance should mean.
    Thanks!

Actually, this would trigger super-mercing.

Creating temporary alliances for various events...
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    turul wrote:
    I wanted to highlight something that I think was an unmitigated success of the Ultron PVE...
    Please keep the "alliance lock-in" system for all events from now on. I'll probably get downvoted by all the mercs around here, but IMHO aliance hopping is completely against what an alliance should mean.
    Thanks!

Actually, this would trigger super-mercing.

Creating temporary alliances for various events...

I doubt it, it is a lot more work and gambling. You have to gather a team who you believe will get the points (this takes trust), vs the current system where you know exactly how much they have and how much more you need. It might happen, but overall it would discourage most mercing/swapping.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hey all,

Thanks,
    Kabir

Why don't you just adjust the progression rewards to lower point levels if you can't add life to Ultron since the 2nd run is coming up so quick. You've adjusted rank rewards mid-event. I suspect progression reward probably can't be adjusted mid-event, but you've got just under 24 hours to before the start of the event. Hurry! icon_e_biggrin.gif

ETA: only saw this quote because of JVReal's thread. PM'ed this to Kabir and he asked me to post it here. Didn't see a few people before had already posted the same thing. I just upvoted similar suggestions. If it's green, maybe we can get their attention.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My alliance was making a push to finish round 6 .. then everything went away.. we need SW for the next round, what happened?
  • Malcrof wrote:
    My alliance was making a push to finish round 6 .. then everything went away.. we need SW for the next round, what happened?
    server died since everyone was asking for a break between events.

*Rimshot*
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    server died since everyone was asking for a break between events.

*Rimshot*

they should have been more specific .. BETWEEN not DURING! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • When does the next Ultron event start?
  • GlenM008 wrote:
    When does the next Ultron event start?
    wed noon
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,986 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    GlenM008 wrote:
    wed noon

for now..... who knows if they dont get the bugs fix
  • slidecage wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    GlenM008 wrote:
    wed noon

for now..... who knows if they dont get the bugs fix

Wait, you mean as in TOMORROW at noon? icon_eek.gif

Oh tinyki... icon_cry.gif

DBC
  • sigepbullet
    sigepbullet Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I was coming back on to pick up mmy last bit of points to get to 500K and Ultron is gone!! I also lost the PVE and PVP events from my game. All that loads for me is the normal story - HELP!!!! icon_neutral.gificon_twisted.gif
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wow, it looks like my alliance might not get the last cover due to a bad start and bad end. We're about 100,000 hp from unlocking #8, and we just can't get it. If we had the first 8 hours like we were supposed to, we'd be done by now.
  • captainwhimsy
    Options
    Whats really quite annoying is our alliance pushed hard and just killed Ultron round 8 with about 5 hrs to go.

Then game crash and we cannot get Node 8.

I submitted a support ticket and hope they figure out whatever bug this is before the end of the next Ultron event.

IGN: Captainwhimsy
    IGA: Kick Azz Legend
  • This event seemed like it was going to be really cool, but turned into a let down. It was a great idea to get the alliance members fighting for a common goal. Some of us who haven't had the ambition to be active players lately were suddenly caught up in putting as much in for the team as they could. But there were some issues initially. Then the last day had a lot of issues. I tried to log in several times towards the end of the event, and either I couldn't log in, or there were no events and no alliances when I could get in. By the time I was able to log in, the event was over. I missed my chance at the second to last cover, and was unable to help my alliance reach the last node.

I know I was not the only one to have problems with this. From what I am reading, others have had similar issues. My question is this: What is going to happen? Are we going to get some compensation for missed opportunities due to bugs? Is there going to be a future event similar to this with alliance cooperation? Have the bugs all been found? Will they be fixed in time for a future alliance event, if there will be one?
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,986 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    is HULKBUSTER STILL COMING noticed no preview up yet the preview of the PVP is