Ultron PvE questions

Options

Comments

• Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Oldboy wrote:
    Any alliances completed Round 8?

Is it true that the main Ultron sub disappears after completion?

That would be bad as it means denying some members in alliances the progression rewards. Also it then becomes a competition WITHIN the alliance.

Can one of the devs confirm this if they haven't? Is it stated somewhere?

I would like to bump this also, we need confirmation from a dev so alliances can prepare to make cuts to allow as many players as possible to reach top progression. It would be very disingenuous to claim this was a coop event, then come to realize your best players may have screwed over those who had less time to play. icon_e_sad.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    If the ultron node stays gone past the 20.00 est global reset after round 8 is cleared, it's going to be disappointing to a lot of players who are close to the 1 mil mark. and ironic considering that D3 made a specific announcement and answered questions, but neglected to mention this rather important detail. icon_eek.gif
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    A few have posted that Ultron disappears after completion of Round 8 in the AvU event info thread in general discussion forum
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    puppychow wrote:
    If the ultron node stays gone past the 20.00 est global reset after round 8 is cleared, it's going to be disappointing to a lot of players who are close to the 1 mil mark. and ironic considering that D3 made a specific announcement and answered questions, but neglected to mention this rather important detail. icon_eek.gif

It's a bug / not working as intended. I expect we'll hear an official update sometime early Monday from the devs.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not having a way to grind nodes at the end to get progressive is a huge fail. It's particularly bad because a lot of players missed earlier, easier rounds because of server issues and fell behind in points. This also really hurts players who didn't have a QS cover and had to skip those nodes until they reached 500k.
  • Gordzilla
    Gordzilla Posts: 20
    Options
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    Gordzilla wrote:
    What happens to A member if he gets kicked out of the alliance halfway through the event? Will he still be able to play?
    Will the ultron prime nodes unlocked after he's been kicked out be available to him?

Once he has joined into the 20 man bracket he is in until the end of the event, weather he changes alliances or not.
    Exactly. My alliance family had two groups for this event, so we started it out and I voluntaried to see if my scores would stay with that 20 man bracket. After we confirmed it we started swaping back to our homes and have been working towards the season end more relaxed without the fear of either PvP or AvU.

Thanks. Still, it's infuriating to know that some alliance members can ride on the group's progress with no contribution and commanders can't do anything about it. Well mine was a casual alliance made up of friends and some randoms so I'm in no place to complain I guess. Goodbye round 6.

Edit: Btw I still haven't given up hope yet. Anyone interested to help my alliance? I've got 3 slots left. Alliance name Theatrix, and we're 1mil points into round 5.
  • mouser wrote:
    puppychow wrote:

It's a bug / not working as intended. I expect we'll hear an official update sometime early Monday from the devs.

Source? I keep hearing that from many players, but I still have to find a reliable source that confirms this.
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Kappei wrote:
    mouser wrote:
    puppychow wrote:

Source? I keep hearing that from many players, but I still have to find a reliable source that confirms this.

So far, the only reliable source for information on this event has been the players.

My Alliance has completed the Ultron Event. The sub with Levels of Ultron DISAPPEARS when you defeat Ultron8. You can gain no additional points after Ultron8.

Whatever your progression is at that point, is stuck for the remainder.

I don't think this is a bug. And I think it will be exactly the same for the Hulkbuster event.

Good luck!
  • puppychow
    Options
    Yeah, a big fail from D3 for not giving players this vital piece of info. I am not happy with the fact that my 1.2 mil points meant someone else wasn't going to break 1 mil.

I think the commanders will approach Hulkbuster event with more organization, depending on members' abilities to take the essentials, of course. If players lack the featured characters to grind, though, then obviously there's no way for them to reach the highest progression reward.
  • puppychow wrote:
    Yeah, a big fail from D3 for not giving players this vital piece of info. I am not happy with the fact that my 1.2 mil points meant someone else wasn't going to break 1 mil.

I think the commanders will approach Hulkbuster event with more organization, depending on members' abilities to take the essentials, of course. If players lack the featured characters to grind, though, then obviously there's no way for them to reach the highest progression reward.

One advantage to the alliances for which that's an issue - if the alliance maxed out on points, everyone in it will have been able to get all three Scarlet Witch covers, provided they could beat the prime nodes. She should be the Quicksilver of the second iteration of this event, in terms of essentials.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dauthi wrote:
    Oldboy wrote:
    Any alliances completed Round 8?

Is it true that the main Ultron sub disappears after completion?

That would be bad as it means denying some members in alliances the progression rewards. Also it then becomes a competition WITHIN the alliance.

Can one of the devs confirm this if they haven't? Is it stated somewhere?

I would like to bump this also, we need confirmation from a dev so alliances can prepare to make cuts to allow as many players as possible to reach top progression. It would be very disingenuous to claim this was a coop event, then come to realize your best players may have screwed over those who had less time to play. icon_e_sad.gif

Hopefully with information like "It will be the same". Some alliances might go in with only 15 people if that's the case. But if they add new levels of Ultron, or change tiers of progression, or change amounts of Ultron points/health - any of those changes will mess up those smaller alliances and alliance timing.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,986 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    puppychow wrote:

i think most who dont reach the 1 million are more then happy for the people who do and are given the chance at getting 3 of the other covers.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    puppychow wrote:

i think most who dont reach the 1 million are more then happy for the people who do and are given the chance at getting 3 of the other covers.
    While they're certainly happy to have the 3 covers, we had one guy reach 970k and 3 others all over 800k (two around 880k, one more like 815k) and we finished with about 24 hours to go in the event. Those guys would have easily obtained the 1 mil cover if given the opportunity, and we probably would have had a few others reach it as well if they didn't do the math and realize they should stop and let others get it instead of pushing for an extra 250k that wasn't really there for them. Like I said they're certainly happy to get all the covers they did get, but that doesn't mean it still doesn't feel like something was taken from them.

edit: Forgot to mention the guy on 450k who would easily have hit 500k or the ones just below 750k who may have even hit 1 mil if they pushed for it. It's not just the guys not reaching the highest prog, some missed lower levels too, and not by a lot of points.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    puppychow wrote:

While they're certainly happy to have the 3 covers, we had one guy reach 970k and 3 others all over 800k (two around 880k, one more like 815k) and we finished with about 24 hours to go in the event. Those guys would have easily obtained the 1 mil cover if given the opportunity, and we probably would have had a few others reach it as well if they didn't do the math and realize they should stop and let others get it instead of pushing for an extra 250k that wasn't really there for them. Like I said they're certainly happy to get all the covers they did get, but that doesn't mean it still doesn't feel like something was taken from them.

edit: Forgot to mention the guy on 450k who would easily have hit 500k or the ones just below 750k who may have even hit 1 mil if they pushed for it. It's not just the guys not reaching the highest prog, some missed lower levels too, and not by a lot of points.

Exactly, the 500k and 750k should be considered here. A guy pushing for his 500 can mess up a guy going for his 750 or a guy doing his 1 mil, or vice versa. Are you just going to give up your cover to someone else, especially next event if it is something valuable like a scarlet witch?

Worse case scenario many get close but they all lose because they didn't give up on their own goal for the others.
  • Nylarx
    Nylarx Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    I should do more research, but it is widely said that only 15 people can get top progression, so 15M points total.

15M/20 = 750k if everyone is playing the exact same amount. But of course that won't happen, so most likely the first 19 people will get above 750k, with the last person falling short.

I can only imagine the anguish it causes all the alliances in which all 20 alliance members are dedicated enough to hit each rotation together, because of all the anger it caused because round 8 ended with 2-3 days to go and progression is now out of reach.
  • LXSandman
    LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Don't forget though that this last progression reward is for Quick Silver. This is the character that most people call BagSilver for a reason!

This is the way my Alliance has looked at it. Guaranteeing on Scarlet Witch token for all 20 people is way better then a couple of extra people getting the QS Token.

This is only really an issue for full hard core alliances where every single person was willing to grind hard enough for it to happen. There can not be that many of those around, though there numbers are probably disproportionately represented on the forums...icon_e_smile.gif

LXSandman
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Our alliance has asked all of our members to stop once they become millionaires and we've got 8 of them and about 3 on the cusp.

Ultron has 220K left so only those 3 will likely hit 1 million. That will leave us a few hours to all hit the freshly opened Ultron Prime 8 for the 3rd SW cover.

Your weak members can Whale that node if it's too hard, hopefully you've shared all your DP TU's with your alliance so they have a stockpile of them.
  • puppychow
    Options
    Dauthi wrote:

Exactly, the 500k and 750k should be considered here. A guy pushing for his 500 can mess up a guy going for his 750 or a guy doing his 1 mil, or vice versa. Are you just going to give up your cover to someone else, especially next event if it is something valuable like a scarlet witch?

Worse case scenario many get close but they all lose because they didn't give up on their own goal for the others.

it's a tricky rope to cross for sure. You don't want to delay clearing round 8, and have the entire alliance miss out on the last SW cover. ON the other hand, you want ppl to at least reach 500,000 for QS black cover, because that's actually been the hardest to obtain from previous pve/pvp events.
  • puppychow
    Options
    Nylarx wrote:
    I should do more research, but it is widely said that only 15 people can get top progression, so 15M points total.

15M/20 = 750k if everyone is playing the exact same amount. But of course that won't happen, so most likely the first 19 people will get above 750k, with the last person falling short.

I can only imagine the anguish it causes all the alliances in which all 20 alliance members are dedicated enough to hit each rotation together, because of all the anger it caused because round 8 ended with 2-3 days to go and progression is now out of reach.

Obviously it depends on the makeup of the membership of a particular alliance. In an IDEAL world, yes people should play same amount. HOWEVER, do all members have the ability to unlock all essential nodes? That's the tricky question. For example, if you're missing Hawkeye or IM, then that's 2 essentials plus 2 middle ultron nodes you cannot hit. There's a presumption that all members can attack all nodes, and to me this simply isn't realistic.

I personally hit 1.2 mil after hitting only 3 nodes in the first 3 rounds, because 1/2 the alliance who was around at launch of event at 12 noon Friday est went on a feeding frenzy. However, I used my diverse roster (carrying every cover in the game) to make multiple clears in the middle rounds to surge pass other alliance mates who didn't have the required characters to fully clear the essentials. 9 out of 20 broke 1 mil mark in my alliance. The millionaires stopped grinding when ultron 8 was down to 220k health, but it wasn't enough to allow the 10th man to get 140k points to break 1 mil.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Anyone else experiencing bug in the game? The 6 essential missions at times an endless wave of enemy (similar to the Elektra event), I'm sure there's supposed to be 4 enemies per wave(?), when I use AOE it seemingly brings in another enemy.