Ultron PvE questions

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Loftus
    Loftus Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    Loved this event the first time round, my alliance only got to the 4th or 5th stage but you get so many decent/good rewards along the way it doesn't really matter. The three types of fight are really fun and different to most over aspects of MPQ so it's still really enjoyable for me.

Just seen the event pop up again so i'm assuming it's re-running. Is it going to be a continual thing like DDQ or is it just set for two to three runs until the hype for the film dies down?
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,998 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can we please get a 24 to 36 HOUR between if they are ran back to back again or at least a 48 hour notice before the next one comes in the future. The system went nuts last night and somehow i was kicked out of my team. I logged on at 10am this morning to find out i was booted, I only had 3 hours to try to find a team before i was locked out of the event.
  • furygunner
    furygunner Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    does anyone knows how we could check how much one is scoring for the Ultron stage or who is not playing?
    I am in like top 5 so am unable to scroll to bottom to have a look at who have not yet started, and possibly boot..
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    furygunner wrote:
    does anyone knows how we could check how much one is scoring for the Ultron stage or who is not playing?
    I am in like top 5 so am unable to scroll to bottom to have a look at who have not yet started, and possibly boot..

Other than asking people below you in the ranking there is no way to know at the moment.

You could boot the bottom 10, get x number of people to join. Then get the booted people to rejoin the alliance.
    They still score points for you wherever they go, they might not like that though (although they should be honest enough to tell you in the first place)
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    furygunner wrote:

Other than asking people below you in the ranking there is no way to know at the moment.

You could boot the bottom 10, get x number of people to join. Then get the booted people to rejoin the alliance.
    They still score points for you wherever they go, they might not like that though (although they should be honest enough to tell you in the first place)

When your daily delivery comes in, it lists who has played since your last one. I use that list to check out inactives.
  • Sorry if its been asked, at work and Can't read through 16 pages right now. What was the justification for the 8 hour cool down. Is it because that is the standard for other PvE?
    Seems this event is so unique, with the reliance of the full alliance working together, it could have been adjusted.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mike h wrote:
    Sorry if its been asked, at work and Can't read through 16 pages right now. What was the justification for the 8 hour cool down. Is it because that is the standard for other PvE?
    Seems this event is so unique, with the reliance of the full alliance working together, it could have been adjusted.

The cooldown is so when you have finished your nodes, you get a chance to continue playing, even if your alliance has not defeated him and moved on to the next stage... without it, most of us without SW would have no chance at progression to get her.

Side note.. no idea which 8 hours though.. i will finish the 3 nodes i can, kill ultron 3 times, the a few hours later it comes back. the refresh is definitely much less than 8 hours (or time goes by quickly and i am just not noticing).
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Thanks. I noticed that about the refresh but I thought it was because we moved form level 2 to 3.
    I just see that count down clock its so frustrating. Don't have SW either so its do the 3 nodes and wait.

Plus we have 3 guys who are transitioning from 1* to 2*, they are participating but the workload has to be shifted to the more developed rosters.
  • Smith13
    Smith13 Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Wasn't able to read through every post, so I'm sorry in advance if this has already been brought up. I just defeated ultron for the last time to reset the essential nodes, but the nodes didn't reset and I can't fight ultron again for another 7 hours 42 minutes. Is there a limit on how many times you can do the nodes? Also, rebooted phone and of course before that, I forced closed the app and restarted to no avail.
  • ynglink
    ynglink Posts: 195
    Options
    First, I'd like to point out I really do like this event set-up, but I would like to go over some things in regards to it.

1.) When told it was going to be a boss-like battle and that we would all have to work on fighting Ultron, I thought this was going to be exciting. You described that you would either defeat him or if you got defeated then you'd have to wait for an opening again (or create one using said nodes). If Ultron was defeated, he'd "retreat" until ready to fight again or another opening was made. This lead me to believe (amongst others) that you could fight him indefinitely until he was either defeated or you were.
    2.) I understand why Quicksilver was chosen the first go around for having a larger emphasis to be placed on him. He was in 3 separate events, being top prizes in two of them and a progression reward for the third. Doing the same with Scarlet Witch is not on the same playing field, and on top of that you made it even harder for those players who weren't able to get Scarlet Witch (Be it from lack of alliance co-operation, server issues, or lack of Quicksilver) to get hit harder than those who did not have Quicksilver to begin with. We've had one chance to get her, unlike her brother. This should've been 1 Essential Node for both Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, due to the fact that you said prior you wanted to put a larger emphasis on Quicksilver in this event.

I like this event a lot. I like fighting Ultron and the Sentries and the co-operation with the alliance. That said, here's the changes I would make.
    - Ultron doesn't retreat until he is ready for his "Prime" form.
    - Increase Ultron's health greatly due to being able to wail on him longer.
    - Increase Ultron's Bomb damage to make it more likely to wipe.
    - Possibly give Ultron a different passive based on his health (25% health = 2 Bombs)
    - Force players to do X amount of Sentry waves to get to Prime once Ultron is defeated. (Showing that Ultron is readying himself to fight after his "retreat")
    - Make the Prime Nodes Survival Nodes. Similar to how Wolverine can appear multiple times in the Enemy of the State Survival nodes, do the same with Ultron. Creates the sense that you are still fighting waves of Sentries while fighting Ultron. In case flavor is very important here.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My earlier question getting deleted is all the answer I need, it was deliberately misleading
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    My earlier question getting deleted is all the answer I need, it was deliberately misleading

Unless you're talking about another question, I see it here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28293&p=349148#p349131
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:

Unless you're talking about another question, I see it here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28293&p=349148#p349131
    Oops. I couldn't find that
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Do you really have to display the instructions for the Ultron fight every single time? Golly gosh it's starting to get annoying.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Do you really have to display the instructions for the Ultron fight every single time? Golly gosh it's starting to get annoying.
    hqdefault.jpg
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,998 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ynglink wrote:
    First, I'd like to point out I really do like this event set-up, but I would like to go over some things in regards to it.

1.) When told it was going to be a boss-like battle and that we would all have to work on fighting Ultron, I thought this was going to be exciting. You described that you would either defeat him or if you got defeated then you'd have to wait for an opening again (or create one using said nodes). If Ultron was defeated, he'd "retreat" until ready to fight again or another opening was made. This lead me to believe (amongst others) that you could fight him indefinitely until he was either defeated or you were.
    2.) I understand why Quicksilver was chosen the first go around for having a larger emphasis to be placed on him. He was in 3 separate events, being top prizes in two of them and a progression reward for the third. Doing the same with Scarlet Witch is not on the same playing field, and on top of that you made it even harder for those players who weren't able to get Scarlet Witch (Be it from lack of alliance co-operation, server issues, or lack of Quicksilver) to get hit harder than those who did not have Quicksilver to begin with. We've had one chance to get her, unlike her brother. This should've been 1 Essential Node for both Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, due to the fact that you said prior you wanted to put a larger emphasis on Quicksilver in this event.

I like this event a lot. I like fighting Ultron and the Sentries and the co-operation with the alliance. That said, here's the changes I would make.
    - Ultron doesn't retreat until he is ready for his "Prime" form.
    - Increase Ultron's health greatly due to being able to wail on him longer.
    - Increase Ultron's Bomb damage to make it more likely to wipe.
    - Possibly give Ultron a different passive based on his health (25% health = 2 Bombs)
    - Force players to do X amount of Sentry waves to get to Prime once Ultron is defeated. (Showing that Ultron is readying himself to fight after his "retreat")
    - Make the Prime Nodes Survival Nodes. Similar to how Wolverine can appear multiple times in the Enemy of the State Survival nodes, do the same with Ultron. Creates the sense that you are still fighting waves of Sentries while fighting Ultron. In case flavor is very important here.

I say if they do Back to back nodes Make it 24 to 48 hours between them so people can find new members or new allainces if they need them.... 12 hours is way too short (really like 3 or 4 hours since most people are sleeping from midnight till 8)

and put some clothes on these robots all of this naked robots are freaking me out
  • Sullstar
    Sullstar Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    Overall I really liked the event structure, format etc. one of the best in a while imo.

My only thing is the ending time... Having it end at 12 ET means people in Europe had to get up at 4 to 6 am depending on location for the final push. At least keep the Hulkbuster nodes open for a while and end the Ultron part. Lost out on a Hulkbuster because I couldn't get on by 5am.