Ultron PvE questions

Options

Comments

• Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Going to see if I can summarize in one spot.

Starting tomorrow at Noon EDT I can join Ultron v. Avengers.
    When I join I will get a pop-up asking me if I want to join as part of my alliance.
    If I agree I am in that alliance for the entire event for purposes of scoring.
    In essence this is a twenty person bracket made up of our alliance mates.

Hazy part: I join do some damage to Ultron. I shift to my PvP aliance until the end of Mystique PvP. Do I have to shift back to the Ultron Alliance before going back into play or otherwise I am now part of my PvP alliance as #21?

Play is against a center pin/node of Ultron. I play against doing as much damage as I can which all goes towards a team damage goal.
    I am assuming each Ultron pin/node has a max health beyond which I can do no more damage.
    To get another shot at Ultron I take on one of the required nodes surrounding the center node. Once I defeat one Ultron is unlocked again ready to be taken down again.
    The required nodes will all be Marvel Cinematic Universe Avengers: Fury, Thor, Cap, Iron Man, Black Widow, Hulk, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, and Falcon.
    Quicksilve will always be two fo the required nodes the other three will rotate among the others. We can use any version we have of the required node from 1* to 4*.
    After you play in a sequence of Ultron/Required Node/Ultron/Required Node/Ultron/ Required Node/Ultron/Required Node/Ultron /Required Node/ Ultron
    All nodes will be on Eight hour timers until you can repeat the process.

After you defeat Ultron as a team the next Ultron takes over the center node.

Hazy part: I am the one who does the final damage to one Ultron. Does the pin change immediately or do I have to do a required node before taking on the central Ultron node again even thought it has leveled up.

If you defeat all eight levels of Ultron there will be one of each color Scarlet Witch covers waiting for defeating the last three Ultrons.

That's what I've got so far.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Will the update containing the new 3* iso levels be released before AvU? Most of us have been hoarding iso since the announcement and might want to level some characters for the event.

I can answer that one - they said before that the ISO update is coming in patch R75 and R74 was just released a couple of days ago, so no it is not.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Colognoisseur, one correction: When your alliance defeats the central Ultron that does not immediately get you a super reward (such as the Scarlet Witch covers). Instead it unlocks a fight with "Ultron Prime" in a separate sub. There are eight such fights to unlock, and each time your alliance beats Ultron together a new battle opens up. Winning those fights is what gets you the big prizes.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Is it safe to assume that in the event's re-run, Hulkbuster Iron Man will be available in the same method/quantity that Scarlet Witch is now? (i.e. one cover each for the last three nodes)
  • Colognoisseur
    Options
    Colognoisseur, one correction: When your alliance defeats the central Ultron that does not immediately get you a super reward (such as the Scarlet Witch covers). Instead it unlocks a fight with "Ultron Prime" in a separate sub. There are eight such fights to unlock, and each time your alliance beats Ultron together a new battle opens up. Winning those fights is what gets you the big prizes.

Okat then that's another Hazy one. I thought the way this would go is we Have Ultron level 1 in the center node worth 25K health.
    I go in and take him down.
    The Overall team health counter goes down from 500,000 to 475,000.
    While I am playing one of the required nodes ten of my teammates all defeat Ultron.
    I return to Ultron level 1 with the team health counter reading 225,000.
    I win again now it reads 200,00o.
    I go off to play the required node and while I am there eight teammates finish off Ultron Level 1.
    When I come out I get the award notification for beating level one of Ultron.
    When I return to play Ultron he should now be Level 2 with a new set of powers and a new health of 50K and a new team health bar of 1,000,000.
    This keeps leveling up.

Kabir can tell me that this is wrong but that's how I thought it would work
  • Once we defeat the first Ultron Prime (Opening after we defeat the first Ultron), does Ultron Prime 2.0 automatically open? Or do we have to go back and do the Ultron, essential, Ultron, essential, etc... sub again each time in order to unlock Ultron Prime 2.0, 3.0, etc...?
  • Colognoisseur
    Options
    Is it safe to assume that in the event's re-run, Hulkbuster Iron Man will be available in the same method/quantity that Scarlet Witch is now? (i.e. one cover each for the last three nodes)

And very likely Scarlet Witch required on two of the required nodes
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ok, depending on how they scale this.. my alliance will have it rough.. we have some people with no chars over 40, and only 2 have a lvl 166 at all..
  • CrazyMonkey
    Options
    tabbiek wrote:
    If you don't have an essential character for a node are you then unable to ever do that node or will it switch out in 8hrs whether you have cleared it or not? I know some are asking about hawkeye and I don't have Nick Fury so if his node comes up and I can't do it is that node then never able to be completed by me during the round?

Anyone answer this question? Basically are there Essential Character nodes?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think we scared Kabir away with all the questions. Let's just wait for the Q&A they are preparing. Hopefully that will answer a majority of our questions.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Most of these questions actually aren't necessary to ask ahead of time. We'll learn the actual mechanics once the game opens. The important stuff to know ahead of time is how the alliance membership works, and I think they answered that well enough.
  • cliffmancliff
    Options
    Can you confirm if it will have a twelve-hour+ overlap with the Simulator PvE?

Yes. Sorry.

Don't forget the last two PVPs overlap too. I wish you guys could have worked it out so it's offseason and Simulator is done so we can fully focus on this new event.

We tried asking Marvel to change the release date of their movie to the off season and they just stared at us.

For what it's worth, the 2nd run of the event starts in the off season.

Did you say "Please?" /:)
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2015
    Options

Okat then that's another Hazy one. I thought the way this would go is we Have Ultron level 1 in the center node worth 25K health.
    I go in and take him down.
    The Overall team health counter goes down from 500,000 to 475,000.
    While I am playing one of the required nodes ten of my teammates all defeat Ultron.
    I return to Ultron level 1 with the team health counter reading 225,000.
    I win again now it reads 200,00o.
    I go off to play the required node and while I am there eight teammates finish off Ultron Level 1.
    When I come out I get the award notification for beating level one of Ultron.
    When I return to play Ultron he should now be Level 2 with a new set of powers and a new health of 50K and a new team health bar of 1,000,000.
    This keeps leveling up.

Kabir can tell me that this is wrong but that's how I thought it would work

Based on my understanding from the video, there's the equivalent of a separate Gauntlet sub with eight nodes where the unlock requirement for each node is "defeat Alliance Ultron once," "defeat Alliance Ultron twice," all the way up to "defeat Alliance Ultron eight times" for the final node.

The last 3 nodes on that line give out the SW covers.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options

And very likely Scarlet Witch required on two of the required nodes

Or SW on one, QS on the other. Would explain why there are 2 QS nodes in the first run-through.
  • Two more questions that while they will be answered once the game starts, it would be nice to know ahead of time as one concerns who to take to the fight.

1. In a comparison of relative difficulty, are you anticipating the nodes to be on a level of Gauntlet sub 1, 2, or 3? (Hoping for 2)

2. Does either version of Ultron have a way to generate or start the game with any AP? Asking this because from my understanding all his abilities are passive and he does not move tiles so it would make AP stealers weaker/pointless to bring to the fight...along with stunners.

Hoping Ultron's special tile will be targetable by certain powers like Falcon or Cap's shields...
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It just occurred to me that if every Avenger (movie roster anyway) is a required character at some point, I'm down a Hawkeye. He just never seemed worth a roster slot to me.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alexraven wrote:

2. Does either version of Ultron have a way to generate or start the game with any AP? Asking this because from my understanding all his abilities are passive and he does not move tiles so it would make AP stealers weaker/pointless to bring to the fight...along with stunners.

One of the versions destroys the bottom row every turn, which has some potential for cascade, and thus AP generation.

All indications (from secret thread) are Ultron cannot be stunned.

Cap/Falcon will certainly target it, but another one will generate right behind b/c of his passive.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The way I understand it, is there will basically be a main and a sub. In the main, you have Ultron in the middle, surrounded by 5 Essential nodes. In the sub, Ultron Prime, with 8 unlockable nodes, 1 unlocks for each time the alliance takes down Ultron. The main is for the alliance progress. The sub is for personal rewards, and has to be completed on an individual basis. In the main, you'll either be playing the Ultron node or an Essential node(s). When playing one, the other is locked out.

You fight Ultron in the main, main node. Your alliance takes down Ultron. That locks the Ultron node and unlocks an essential in the main and one node in the sub. Not sure how many people have to beat that Essential node in the main, for the Ultron node to reopen or if you have to complete all 5 Essentials together, for the main node to reopen. Rinse and repeat until you have unlocked all 8 nodes in the Ultron Prime sub, for you to clear out at your own pace, to gain the 3 SW covers.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes, there are guaranteed Scarlet Witch rewards in the last 3 mission pins. You can also win Scarlet Witch covers from the event pack, and you'll get those tokens all throughout the event. The odds of winning her are great, and there's also large pools of Iso-8 and Hero Points available.

This sounds fantastic. Please introduce all future characters this way!
  • Demiurge_Kabir
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    this is a 4.5 day event right? Will part 2 start as soon as part 1 ends or will there be a layover (meaning will the hulkbuster start at midnight weds edt. hopefully a layover to at least either 9 or noon weds

Checked on this, there is a 12 hour gap between each run. The first run ends on Tuesday and the 2nd run starts on Wednesday at noon EDT. There is no event end time selection for this event, so please translate these times into your timezone.