Coming Soon: Character Updates!

Options

Comments

• AE_Fios
    AE_Fios Posts: 39
    Options
    Quitting and reporting your bait and switch practices to the better business bureau. You're stealing from your customers.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Options
    If we get the OP rated low enough, will it become hidden?
  • Raffoon wrote:
    haha even mods have downvoted the OP, this is great
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not going to comment on xf.

Why was everyone's health buffed when only the glass cannons like mohawk storm and human torch needed it?
    And now all the wolverines are almost the squishiest characters in the game. How many characters have abilities that can one-shot Patch and Daken now?

Also She Hulk. I thought you guys were going to buff her! Taking away her ability to deal with countdowns destroys a large chunk of her utility for me. And her green AP drain is still random, so still as likely to be a waste of AP as before. I have Daredevil's purple at 3 because it doesn't deal with countdowns, but at least his other skills are good. Poor She-Hulk will only have one good skill when you are done with her.
  • jpKNOCKOUT
    Options
    ..Yeah, dropped 2500hp on a green XF a few days ago (and a ton more awhile back). Not very happy about that, although I suppose that was my decision, knowing D3 is prone to nerfing characters.

(nerfing got auto-corrected to fingering. Nice.)
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Raffoon wrote:

Yes, and that is arguably bad for the community. People will come looking for it and it's going to be hidden.
  • Raffoon wrote:

Yes, and that is arguably bad for the community. People will come looking for it and it's going to be hidden.
    Everything D3 has been doing lately is bad for the community. EVERYTHING!

They are making so many changes in a short period of time that it's impossible to see the benefits of any change before the next drastic one comes.

This isn't directed at you personally goth but the clueless ones behind the scene.
  • trey9
    trey9 Posts: 102
    Options
    And we all know that the next 4 star (or maybe one of the next few after that) is gonna be op and d3 will hope people will buy covers. Then comes the nerf. Rinse and repeat.

Also, as mentioned before, the health bumps will only make games even longer. We will be seeing maxed level buffed health characters (thanks mmr change) and we won't have xforce to dish out damage quickly. 4 stars are getting even harder to get and it looks like they won't really be worth the effort anyway. So even less progress than we had before. We will undoubtedly see a lot of quitting by the end of the season. Looks like the devs want a hard reset to this game for all the new players that (they hope) will be coming in after the new avengers movie.
  • Cabol
    Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    6857bd.jpg
  • I'm trying to understand the logic over at D3, why bother nerfing XFW and 4hor, if you're just going to buff the other 4* characters?

And even if you wanted to scale them back, have you no concept of baby steps? Start with a small change, see how it affects the game, if it didn't go far enough, try again for the following patch.

I mean it's not rocket science folks!
  • AxeVirtuoso
    Options
    What the tinykitty!! Can I get my 75 bucks back that I spent on XForce??

So first you bait us to invest all we got into one character, then change everything and hope we do the same thing again for the next Uber-character??

No thanks. You won't see another dime from me!
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All I'm seeing is the devs trying to destroy the cookie cutter PvP builds and put people in a position where they have to use a thematic playstyle. You want to blow up the board? You got characters for that. You want to focus on locked tiles? Characters for that too. Countdowns? Check. Strikes? Done. Traps? It's getting there. Though I feel the trap mechanic should be looked at again if they want to balance that with other types of tiles.

From my point of view, it looks like what they want is for people to create teams 2 3-stars and 4-star character. In that case we also need another character or two that reduces the timer on countdowns. We still need one or two more characters that work with charge tiles as well to round out 4-star Thor. Only then will we actually see any sort of progress after all these changes.

Also, D3P or Demiurge or Whoever, I better get some sort of ISO kickback after all these changes so I can level this diverse roster I've been building that you've been trying to push on us for months upon months. I'm not gonna sit here and complain about these changes but you can make it right by the players like you did for the HP refunds during the alliance change.
  • Such a great update, yet a huge majority only care about X-Force being nerfed (which was needed), despite wolverine's other two abilities getting a considerable buff. I'm really glad for this update, but some character health buffs can be toned down a bit, since some character buffs on the more extreme end will really change character uses and rankings across the board.
  • All I'm seeing is the devs trying to destroy the cookie cutter PvP builds and put people in a position where they have to use a thematic playstyle. You want to blow up the board? You got characters for that. You want to focus on locked tiles? Characters for that too. Countdowns? Check. Strikes? Done. Traps? It's getting there. Though I feel the trap mechanic should be looked at again if they want to balance that with other types of tiles.
    Indeed.
    All those changes make perfect sense in the grand scheme of things, the game is getting a deeper strategical layer, characters are specialized, team work becomes necessary.

Sadly that never was what MPQ was about. Up until now this game was about progressing as fast as possible to get the good characters, and win super quickly matches for this purpose. It was never about the quality of the matches but their quantity. You grinded, you didn't strategize. You won fast with as little uncertainty as possible. Grind, grind, grind, progress, progress, progress.

Now what do we have ? A brand new game but with old mechanisms that are going to get real ugly real fast.
    For starters, transitioning has become an extremely poor decision. You have a full set of heroes of a certain tier able to solve all the issues posed by the game, and you want to abandon all that to get a ragtag team of incomplete heroes and much more difficult matches ? Are you insane ?
    If you're in 1* land, you are bound to progress to 2*, they're distributed like candy.
    If you're in 2* land, please make sure you have almost all 3* characters covered (but with 0 ISO invested mind you) before daring to level anything up. Because it's a decision you can't cancel, and everything you'll gain is more difficult and longer matches.
    If you're in 3* land, the 4* having been officially transformed into posh 3*, you gain absolutely nothing by trying to get them.

To sum it up : stay where you are, do not progress to the next tier as it has become counter-productive.

And then of course we have the issue of the matches length. As all heroes become more valuable by themselves in a certain niche, all matches will become longer and more difficult, if only because the randomness factor will play a much bigger role. Associated to the usual healthpack limitation and the new PvP schema, it all mean you'll need to spend much more time to get the same results as before. Results which are entirely irrelevant anyways.

Yes, MPQ is turning into a brand new game indeed.
  • Give me my 12500 gold back so i can build a better 3* than a 4*.
  • theshadeofopal
    theshadeofopal Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    I've got one request of the devs and its not specifically about this update, though these some of these changes are emblematic of it. Please start explaining nerfs specifically guys. Not why characters need to get nerfed. Most players could probably agree that a lot of characters i.e. sentry, 4*thor, xf wolvy, spidey, and so on could have done with some adjustments. But when a move such as world rupture or power surge has there effectiveness more than cut in half, sometimes to the point of nigh uselessness, "because OP" is an insufficient answer.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GT-47LM wrote:
    Such a great update, yet a huge majority only care about X-Force being nerfed (which was needed), despite wolverine's other two abilities getting a considerable buff. I'm really glad for this update, but some character health buffs can be toned down a bit, since it will really changes character uses and rankings across the board.

I agree on your point about the health buffs. It's too much and too general, which means nobody is actually buffed and anyone who isn't buffed is nerfed by comparison. This especially hurts the true healers like patch and daken, who had true healing to make up for their relatively weak (daken) or conditional and risky (patch) damage output.

And I care about the other character ability changes too. They nerfed She-Hulk's utility, Ock continues to be bad, Elektra is still occasionally useful but not worth the trouble when you can have Kamala or Lazy Thor at a tiny fraction of the effort or iso-cost required. No idea about IW as I have no luck with her covers and feel no need to put in serious effort to cover her.

If you can play both pve and pvp, you can mostly cover the average 3* in 2 or 3 events. I have Iron fist at 335, Kamala at 514, Cyclops at 535 and I'm completely F2P from the beginning. Compared to that, my Kingpin is 121, my Xavier is 030, Starlord is 313 and Goddess 413, and the only way I can continue to cover them is if I have time to schedule shield-hops around the cooldowns or grind pve like a tinykitty and hope someone doesn't grind harder. Since they're not noticeably better than 3*s, why would I even bother?

And the mmr changes mean I can't even troll Shield Sim with my lower level/half-covered characters, limiting their use to easy nodes in pve. Why collect them then?
  • How much HP do we get per X-Force cover?

Mine is fully maxed so I just want 13 * 2500 HP and of course all the ISO. Easy math...
  • inder909 wrote:
    How much HP do we get per X-Force cover?

Mine is fully maxed so I just want 13 * 2500 HP and of course all the ISO. Easy math...

In the first post "Invisible Woman, Elektra and Wolverine X-Force will have double the normal Hero Point increased sell prices."

So if you read it one way it would be 65,000 hp. So probably more like 6,000 hp and 200K+ iso. Totally not worth it.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GT-47LM wrote:
    Such a great update, yet a huge majority only care about X-Force being nerfed (which was needed), despite wolverine's other two abilities getting a considerable buff. I'm really glad for this update, but some character health buffs can be toned down a bit, since some character buffs on the more extreme end will really change character uses and rankings across the board.

Could you get into more detail about what's so great about this update? Because I'm not seeing it.

What I'm seeing is minor buffs to underpowered characters that will do very little to actually make them useable. In a way, Shulk and Ock got slightly worse because they can no longer affect countdown tiles. Invisible Woman's changes will mostly just make her a more frustrating ai opponent, like all characters that spam powerful defense tiles.

The health buffs will only make matches longer, costing you more health packs and making it harder to hit top progrssion without being sniped, which is worse than ever due to the matchmaking changes.

Xforce's green has been nerfed to an unreasonable degree, and his black as well. A slight damage boost is not a buff when you take away AP gain and AP drain.

Finally the reduced iso costs for characters at lower levels. Another change that mostly helps the 2-3 star transitioner crowd, just like every change made lately.

So no, I can't look at this as a great update in any way.