Coming Soon: Character Updates!

Options

Comments

• Wow so sad. So many people got "Iron Fisted" with the upcoming xforce nerf. I guess I'll never get to experience the glory of any good characters at the rate they are nerfing them and then releasing even more new characters that will also eventually soon get nerfed. So what's the point of this game? Just collecting heroes all balanced? icon_lol.gif
  • ronin-san wrote:
    I skipped four pages (7 to current) so maybe it was covered.

But why did everyone but Patch, Hood, and Daken get a health bump? And why is it that Beast's damage bump is worthwhile, when everyone (almost) has received a bump in health?

Because they need to nerf true healers without actually touching them *kappa*
  • Druss wrote:
    just been skim reading (don't want to smash the screen!) & the thing that worries me most is the health.

People even seem to be in favour?

This is a hugh nerf to all characters not getting health increase - for instance Hulk just got nerfed into uselessness as well.

Also the one I really hate - buffing bullseye's health - really? at level 300 in PvE he is already a serious pain with an extra 5000 health or so, I can expect to clear 3 PvE nodes an evening!

Hulk was already useless except in 5% damage for green increments, so giving him more health actually makes him worse ironically. Not sad Hulk didn't get more health. Am sad that the portion of the post that talks about health seems to imply "yea they do high damage bit it wasn't high enough so we are giving them more health"
  • You know what gang. I think it is time we all sent a message to D3. One word, BOYCOTT. Until they change things back on pvp (and un-nerf xforce) we don't spend a penny on d3. I would even go so far as to suggest we boycott all pvp and pve events. Hit them where it hurts them the most (and what they care about the most) their wallets. I propose a full boycott of D3. Whose in?
  • this_too_shall_pass__tattoo_design_by_subject_tochange-d4utq67.jpg
    jess-meme-generator-what-i-don-t-think-so-bro-0c5216.jpg?1368292217.jpg
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Corwin400 wrote:
    You know what gang. I think it is time we all sent a message to D3. One word, BOYCOTT. Until they change things back on pvp (and un-nerf xforce) we don't spend a penny on d3. I would even go so far as to suggest we boycott all pvp and pve events. Hit them where it hurts them the most (and what they care about the most) their wallets. I propose a full boycott of D3. Whose in?

^^^

Said the 1 Star Player trying to win free 4 Stars.

Jk bro.
  • Howzat
    Howzat Posts: 31
    Options
    I've skipped several pages of what i can only assume is complaints of the x-force nerf, however the one thing that has caught my eye is the Elektra buff. Does anyone else think Shadow Step is now completely OP? I doubt many have her at level 270 but avoiding 5 turns of damage whilst dealing 4625 total damage in response seems huge.

blacktile.png Shadow Step - Cost: 10 Black AP - NEW
    Elektra senses an attack coming and prepares to dodge into the shadows. She converts 2 random basic Black tiles into trap tiles. If Elektra would take damage, the damage is negated and a trap tile is destroyed, generating AP and dealing 274 damage.
    Upgrades:
    2. Elektra converts 3 tiles into trap tiles
    3. Trap tiles deal 310 damage
    4. Elektra converts 4 tiles into trap tiles
    5. Elektra converts 5 tiles into trap tiles, tiles deal 466 damage
    MAX LV 5: Elektra converts 5 tiles into trap tiles, tiles deal 925 damage
  • Howzat wrote:
    I've skipped several pages of what i can only assume is complaints of the x-force nerf, however the one thing that has caught my eye is the Elektra buff. Does anyone else think Shadow Step is now completely OP? I doubt many have her at level 270 but avoiding 5 turns of damage whilst dealing 4625 total damage in response seems huge.

Elektra senses an attack coming and prepares to dodge into the shadows. She converts 2 random basic Black tiles into trap tiles. If Elektra would take damage, the damage is negated and a trap tile is destroyed, generating AP and dealing 274 damage.
    Upgrades:

She's not good. Her black was never her problem. Her red being a trap tile and her purple being more niche many, many 3*(Daredevil, Squirrel Girl, She-Hulk, etc.) are the problems.
  • Howzat
    Howzat Posts: 31
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Howzat wrote:

Upgrades:

She's not good. Her black was never her problem. Her red being a trap tile and her purple being more niche many, many 3*(Daredevil, Squirrel Girl, She-Hulk, etc.) are the problems.

Yeah good point. Looking again purpleflag.png & redflag.png are still bad, so even with blackflag.png being that good you aren't going to be using her.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    Barely any 2*'s got a health boost. OBW and 2* Storm definitely need the increase but I guess because so many 2-3* transitioners rely on these characters you don't care.

Between increasing others health and not 2* Storm, you basically indirectly nerfed her again!

ZOMGosh, I just noticed that!!!!! Yet, they deny trying to slow the 2* > 3* transition. What a mess.
  • Boy, this is a mother-lode of changes. It's too much to take in all at once added onto all the recent changes in MMR/matchmaking, boost 4hor, nerfs, shield cooldowns, etc. Just a few thoughts:

a. the changes overall look, to me, to make a lot of previous characters I wouldn't touch, more relevant. I'm more likely to use Mororo, She-Hulk, HT, DP, DD, Doom, CMarvel 3*, LazyCap, Blade, BP, IW, Cage and others than I previously was (or wasn't) using them. Combined with some of the recent exciting 3*, the list of characters I will use in my roster will increase, I can only imagine.

b. In a strange sense, the fact the above kind of softens the pain of the X-force (over?)nerf. If I were a new comer to the game (knowing what I know now), I would probably be just as excited or maybe more excited to start playing. The problem is that lots of vets aren't new comers and put a lot of money into covers, and got burned (me too). I'd encourage D3 to think about how to make up for that...(not talking about refunds). What could be added to the game that would be salve to all those who got burned while the game went through the growing pains? Some gesture in this direction I think may really go a long way.

c. It looks to me with the new PVP matchmaking and these buffed health pools, that fights will be longer. Not bad in and of itself, but it's going to harder to play this game during bathroom breaks! icon_lol.gif

d. I really hope the devs take a look at PVE scaling (enemy levels) in light of all this. Lots of tools that were key to running the Gauntlet and clearing high level (395 Jugs, Ares) nodes have been lost. I hope PVE remains an event structure that isn't avoided as a result.
  • So, looking at all the outrage. I'm a bit confused...

Disclaimer: I have a fully maxed 4* X-force. By the looks of it, I should be mad.

A)Recovery just got better. I can bomb out for 7000 damage if I have it at 5 or heal for 10k health. That seems just fine.
    B)X-Force got way worse. Oh well. Had to happen, it's kinda nuts.
    C)Surgical Strike. Not sure. The way it's written... do I get AP for this? If so, then it's still great. It may not drain the opponent, but if I still get the AP, I'm more than okay with the change. It's still a tremendous source of damage either way.

So, my takeaway is that I need to get 2 yellow covers for my X-Force to make him 3-5-5 instead of 5-5-3. Okay.

Now, my IW is going to be PLAYABLE (!!!!), and several other people are becoming playable, and the "fragile" 3 stars are going to be less fragile.

How is this announcement NOT F*#&$*#& AWESOME???!!! I get that X-Force was how you got through a PVP, chances are, we all did. But that's dumb. So they changed it. Now you have to earn it a different way. This is how online games work. Paper games would just outright ban them (ever played Vintage magic?) so at least our X-Forces are still useable and solid (although not as insane as before). And, we're going to have to spend less ISO to level them all up.

I've been playing the Smash Hit PVP and basically having to sit with X-Force & Fury because nobody else is worth fielding. That's dumb. In a week, I'll have a lot more teams to play with, and that's awesome.

I just can't wrap my mind around the outrage here. Yes, one guy got brought down a peg. About 30 guys got juiced. Let's be happy for once.
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just wondering why they seem to always want to make these changes for the last week of the season. Is it really to much to ask that they hold off until after the season ends, and possibly run 2 standard pvp events during the off season period so players can adjust to them in a time that won't have a negative impact on their alliances standing?
  • ShazamFTW wrote:
    So, looking at all the outrage. I'm a bit confused...

Disclaimer: I have a fully maxed 4* X-force. By the looks of it, I should be mad.

A)Recovery just got better. I can bomb out for 7000 damage if I have it at 5 or heal for 10k health. That seems just fine.
    C)Surgical Strike. Not sure. The way it's written... do I get AP for this? If so, then it's still great. It may not drain the opponent, but if I still get the AP, I'm more than okay with the change. It's still a tremendous source of damage either way.

So, my takeaway is that I need to get 2 yellow covers for my X-Force to make him 3-5-5 instead of 5-5-3. Okay.

Now, my IW is going to be PLAYABLE (!!!!), and several other people are becoming playable, and the "fragile" 3 stars are going to be less fragile.

How is this announcement NOT F*#&$*#& AWESOME???!!! I get that X-Force was how you got through a PVP, chances are, we all did. But that's dumb. So they changed it. Now you have to earn it a different way. This is how online games work. Paper games would just outright ban them (ever played Vintage magic?) so at least our X-Forces are still useable and solid (although not as insane as before). And, we're going to have to spend less ISO to level them all up.

I've been playing the Smash Hit PVP and basically having to sit with X-Force & Fury because nobody else is worth fielding. That's dumb. In a week, I'll have a lot more teams to play with, and that's awesome.

I just can't wrap my mind around the outrage here. Yes, one guy got brought down a peg. About 30 guys got juiced. Let's be happy for once.

I think alot of people are mad because vets keep getting sucker-punched. We all knew X-Force was gonna get nerfed, but 4*Thor?

Combined with the PVP changes and the amount of 'goodbye' posts in the forums, vets are under siege.

To be fair to the vets that are mad, it does take alot of effort(or money) to invest in a 4*. And when that 4* is the ONLY way to do PVP/PVE(especially since PVE scaling is nuts) I would be mad too. I've been relatively uneffected by much of the changes(Yey for having a 166 daken to tank **** for me?)

I definitely don't think the game is dead or X-Force has completely been neutered(unlike Sentry/Ragnarok etc.).
    wade66 wrote:
    Just wondering why they seem to always want to make these changes for the last week of the season. Is it really to much to ask that they hold off until after the season ends, and possibly run 2 standard pvp events during the off season period so players can adjust to them in a time that won't have a negative impact on their alliances standing?

Age of Ultron is coming, they don't have time to wait for the end of season, why u think they release 3 characters in a row?
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ShazamFTW wrote:
    So, looking at all the outrage. I'm a bit confused...

You may be onto something about going 5 yellow with X-Force. The damage is only 3600, btw, but that's better than X-Force will be at 5 covers.
  • Its kind of annoying having an anti-swear filter as the actions of the makers of this game is exactly why swearing exists. You tinykitty tinykitty greedy tinykitty scum.
  • Quit **** about nerfs. This is a pvp game for f sakes - nerfs are part of the deal.

Has no one pointed out the real problem here!? If they go through with the deceased Iso costs for higher level hero's they will literally be stealing Iso from us. Some of us dropped tens of thousands of Iso on high level champs and d3 is just going to lower the costs and give us a shrug of the shoulders as our Iso disappears?!
  • Quit **** about nerfs. This is a pvp game for f sakes - nerfs are part of the deal.

Has no one pointed out the real problem here!? If they go through with the deceased Iso costs for higher level hero's they will literally be stealing Iso from us. Some of us dropped tens of thousands of Iso on high level champs and d3 is just going to lower the costs and give us a shrug of the shoulders as our Iso disappears?!

Yeah that's the real problem. I thought it was about a sustained model change which ostracised the customers that have paid their mortgages and titty bar habit for over a year now. But I guess ive been unrealistic.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quit **** about nerfs. This is a pvp game for f sakes - nerfs are part of the deal.

I figured this was going to be the most common complaint about these changes. Yeah, it stinks for us vets who have leveled up most if not all of our 3* & 4* characters, but the big picture is that it makes it easier for new players to get up to speed.

I'm glad we are getting a little heads up about this here so we don't spend any Iso for the next few days or so till the update goes into effect. I've been personally leveling my Deadpool who I've finally gotten to 12 covers, and while I would have loved to have known this sooner, at what point does this foreknowledge become too far? Was it last week? Last month? Last year? Would you have really sat on all that Iso for the last year not leveling anyone had you known this change was coming? Of course not! You've earned back that investment Iso by being able to compete longer and be more powerful overall in that time.

Don't forget that it was easier back when we started because we didn't have such an absurd number of 3* & 4* characters to try and collect and level simultaneously.

All that rational though aside, it would be nice if as a gesture towards everyone for this change they gave everyone a bit of Iso. Not a lot, but about as much as Deadpool Daily reward would be appreciated to make up for our extra Iso we spent.

Last year the XBox one cost $400 this year it costs $350 WHY IS MICROSOFT LITERALLY STEALING MONEY FROM CUSTOMERS, LITERALLY