Coming Soon: Character Updates!

Comments

• Unknown
    edited April 2015
    ShionSinX wrote:
    onimus wrote:
    Yet another top character deleted.

Not sure why they keep deleting the top characters in this game.

But the Invisible Woman and She Hulk buffs look pretty nice.
    I really dont know how having ONE character, and a very old one, being simply the best character in the game hands down was helping the game.

They are introducing various 4*s and yet the usage on them was minimal, because XF was still the best there is (the puns).

For me its pretty clear they want players to have more options.

Part of the problem tho, is despite having many options, one pair of characters will always be "The Best" at PvP. And there is no getting around that without a major overhaul of the PvP play structure. So if they keep knocking those guys off the pedestal for no reason other than "we like diversity" the only thing they are going to achieve is hurt feelings from players who invested in the flavor of the month.
  • Settlement - Cost: 9 Blue AP - NEW
    She-Hulk flexes her legal muscle, striking a deal to balance the scales of justice. Randomly selects up to 2 enemy Protect, Strike, or Attack tiles and redistributes them between both teams. Friendly tiles are improved by 27.
    Upgrades:
    2. Friendly tiles are improved by 32.
    3. Friendly tiles are improved by 38.
    4. Selects up to 3 Tiles (Odd tiles are always Friendly)
    5. Friendly tiles are improved by 59.
    MAX LV 5: Friendly tiles are improved by 191.

Platypus pointed this out in the other thread... Isn't this just "steal one random enemy special tile and boost it" and at level 4 "if the enemy has 3 or more special tiles, steal two and boost them"?
  • Sorry but - Idea: icon_idea.gif

Instead destroying your creations, you could make new ones that specifically target them.

People would race* to collect anti-4thor & X-force characters. (*would have raced)

You could even create "rivalries" - so that these new creations are permanently buffed when fighting against your so-perceived "Uber-Characters".

This way 4 star.png 's stay as 4 star.png 's and you get to release new "antidote" characters every day*.
    *5 days *week *every 2 weeks.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    gamar wrote:
    Settlement - Cost: 9 Blue AP - NEW
    She-Hulk flexes her legal muscle, striking a deal to balance the scales of justice. Randomly selects up to 2 enemy Protect, Strike, or Attack tiles and redistributes them between both teams. Friendly tiles are improved by 27.
    Upgrades:

Platypus pointed this out in the other thread... Isn't this just "steal one random enemy special tile and boost it" and at level 4 "if the enemy has 3 or more special tiles, steal two and boost them"?

I didn't catch that, but yeah, it's a complicated way of just stealing one. It should downgrade the power of the enemy one a little bit to make sense.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 693 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2015
    These are just some comments I have from reading the changes.

IW
    Yellow and blue look like perfect reworks. Blue is weaker per AP but the lower cost means it'll actually get used. I'm not convinced that going to 12 AP on green was warranted. Still 3/5/5 -- invisibility is the important part of the yellow power.

Elektra
    Slight bumps in power and a more appropriate cost for red. Didn't quite get what she needed to be a general-use character. Still 5/5/3.

XF Wolverine
    Goodbye green damage. New hotness is to create a yellow CD and have it matched away for 3600 damage. The black change is appropriate and has been suggested by users in the forum. He still rips up the board. Probably an A+ now (see my rankings), around Patch's level. 3/5/5, although 5 in green is still decent. Is his health changing?

Beast
    6 AP blue - yay! It's like a mini version of Rocket's blue, although it can't be placed. Green has barely changed. Yellow has decent protect tiles at level 5 now. 5/5/3. Much better.

Dr Octopus
    No anti-CD abilities now (except the passive), but otherwise better. Probably 3/5/5 but he's still bad.

She-Hulk
    Blue no longer targets friendly tiles -- good. It's not clear what it does with the tile the enemy keeps. Green at 6 AP could be annoying. 5/3/5. Still not great.

Other
    (These characters got the bumped into higher health brackets.)-- whoops, I goofed. The lowest 3* health tier just got the biggest bump.
  • gamar wrote:
    Settlement - Cost: 9 Blue AP - NEW
    Upgrades:

Worded strangely, probably so it could work within the existing power structure, but yes, basically. Unless they only have 2, in which case you still only steal 1 at level 4.
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    onimus wrote:
    Yet another top character deleted.

Not sure why they keep deleting the top characters in this game.

But the Invisible Woman and She Hulk buffs look pretty nice.
    I really dont know how having ONE character, and a very old one, being simply the best character in the game hands down was helping the game.

They are introducing various 4*s and yet the usage on them was minimal, because XF was still the best there is (the puns).

I never said that.

All I said was I don't know why they delete the top champs, rather than just nerfing them.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2015
    Raffoon wrote:
    Well, there goes all of the veteran money for forever
    Will be replaced by the army of 3* players and transitioners. 4* vets are a vocal minority
  • These are just some comments I have from reading the changes.

IW
    Yellow and blue look like perfect reworks. Blue is weaker per AP but the lower cost means it'll actually get used. I'm not convinced that going to 12 AP on green was warranted. Still 3/5/5 -- invisibility is important part of the yellow power.

Elektra
    Slight bumps in power and a more appropriate cost for red. Didn't quite get what she needed to be a general-use character. Still 5/5/3.

XF Wolverine
    Goodbye green damage. New hotness is to create a yellow CD and have it matched away for 3600 damage. The black change is appropriate and has been suggested by users in the forum. He still rips up the board. Probably an A+ now (see my rankings), around Patch's level. 3/5/5, although 5 in green is still decent. Is his health changing?

Beast
    6 AP blue - yay! It's like a mini version of Rocket's blue, although it can't be placed. Green has barely changed. Yellow has decent protect tiles at level 5 now. 5/5/3. Much better.

Dr Octopus
    No anti-CD abilities now (except the passive), but otherwise better. Probably 3/5/5 but he's still bad.

She-Hulk
    Blue no longer targets friendly tiles -- good. It's not clear what it does with the tile the enemy keeps. Green at 6 AP could be annoying. 5/3/5. Still not great.

Other
    These characters got the bumped into higher health brackets.
    3* BW
    Mystique
    Falcon
    Invisible Woman

Help me understand Invisible woman. Is she worth putting iso into with these changes? I know she's not super-duper OP or anything.

Forgot to note Beast's blue was 6 ap in my own analysis. D'oh.

You're not liking the She-Hulk changes? I want her to be good so bad.
    fmftint wrote:
    Raffoon wrote:
    Well, there goes all of the veteran money for forever
    Well be replaced by the army of 3* players and transitioners. 4* vets are a vocal minority

But whales fund F2P games
  • Belated April fools?

So, you obviously want more money, but now you're gonna have a lot of refunds to sort, and nobody buying hp anymore. Who's gonna want to put money into an 'average' 4*.
  • So, at max level and covers X-Force's green does less than 3/4 the damage of Thor's Mjolnir’s Might (Modern) for the same amount of AP? This sounds like massively downgrading X-Force into 3*** level.
  • 9fingers
    9fingers Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    D3 obviously doesn't value long term customers only the new ones. These changes only benefit newer players not long term ones. Like other people in the MPQ world I put in effort, time and money to getting XF. This was the character that let me beat 4 hor teams when I didnt have her. I worked my way up through 2* to 3* and finally got a 4* and could compete at the top. Can you beat xf without him? Of course you can - that's how lits of people earned him in the first place. D3 seem to believe you should start the game and get to be able to compete with everyone pretty much straight away.

If they really want diversity they should make all the characters the same and then people can just pick their favourites and have a cash race to the top - that'll be fun. 60 bagmen going at it. Im guessing the next 4*s coming out will all be amazing and get nerfed again.

I think many vets will leave now. It's not because we're xforceaphobes it's because no-one is going to keep giving money to a company that screws them repeatedly. Hopefully D3 thinks about their customers' reactions but I sincerely doubt it.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    Help me understand Invisible woman. Is she worth putting iso into with these changes? I know she's not super-duper OP or anything.
    Especially with the health boost, having abilities in TWO colors (in case one is scarce) that make over 500 in protect tiles for less than 10 AP is going to make her a PVE staple for me at the very least
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Well, as a person who has randomly gotten IW covers over any other 4*, I guess I should be happy. icon_razz.gif

Seriously, my IW is 3/5/2, and I have a guaranteed green coming. Next closest is XF with 4/2/1, then Fury with 2/2/1. Oh, and I've had to SELL 2 IW blues. IW loves my account.

I like most of the changes, but not sure the health pools needed to be increased so dramatically.

And on XF...most of the hate I see amounts to no longer being able to one-shot enemies anymore. I realize his green will do overall less damage, but it will still probably do a lot. Much of the threat caused by abilities that destroy tiles is created by the evil, evil, neverending lucky cascades. I'm sorry something that you've used so long is losing efficiency, though, I understand that's a bit like surfing on a flying carpet, only to have a winged monkey sneak up behind you and pull it out from under your feet, laughing in unbridled glee as you smash face-first into a minaret.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    We all new an XForce nerf was coming, but once again it was too hard, at least for the green power (2500 should be a better max damage at 5).

But the really big change is the new HPs. Some chars like BP, Luke Cage or Cyclops are now even more top tier. And anybody has tought about the new length for the matchs? They are going to be much much longer, the two best weapons have been nerfed, less boosts and allmost everybody has more HPs. We are going to be attacked a lot now when shield hopping. I think PvP is going to be severely affected by this changes, and scores are going to be lower in the future.
  • SnakesArrows
    SnakesArrows Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Quick Questions for the Mods: What was the final word on the "Im Leaving MPQ Forever" letters final destination? Should they be posted in General or Off Topic? Seems a relevant set of questions today.

This too shall pass...much like the street vendor meat that was lunch.
  • gamar wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Especially with the health boost, having abilities in TWO colors (in case one is scarce) that make over 500 in protect tiles for less than 10 AP is going to make her a PVE staple for me at the very least

This sounds good. So do you think a 3/3/1 Invisible Woman(Max level 152) is worth investing ISO in(after patch, of course)?
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, if I'm understanding She Hulk's blue right, it will NOT target CD tiles anymore? That was one of my favorite parts of her blue ability.

As for XF, I'm undecided. On a first glance, I'm not too happy but I'll wait until I actually play him to make a final decision. His green was pretty much my best, and possibly only , defense against PvE enemies at lv 375+. His black worked great theoretically, if I can get enough black Ap before being killed. And now those 375+ opponents are going to have more health too.

Part of it is that I really liked XF the way he was. With him, I knew I had a chance against 395 Jugg and Ares. Now I don't know, won't be able to say until I've tried him out.

However, if it turns out that he is over nerfed after the changes, I will be very cross with you D3. Very cross indeed! So much, that if he isn't any good anymore, then I'm going to stop playing for a few hours! You hear me? I mean it! I won't touch this game for 3 whole hours! I'll do it!

On a serious note..

To all the players that say they leaving. I say don't give up hope. There are better days on the horizon!
    If even half of the things I've heard about are true, then trust me, you are going to want to be here for them!
  • I think the X-Force green nerf is a bit much. It should have been shifted, not cut by 2/3. Like, destroy more tiles in exchange for the damage.

It should do no extra damage, but destroy 32 tiles in a criss-cross pattern, for tile values. Maybe make it cost more. I don't know.

This is a really hard neuter, and I don't think it's quite right.

I like the other changes, though. This could make the game more fun.
  • ShionSinX wrote:

And this is the reason they have to swing the bat so hard. X-force is everyone's first 4* hes been around forever so there are so very many of him running around. If they only nerf him slightly then people will cling to him like a sinking ship, if the goal is "hey maybe try these other characters we've been making this whole time" then x-force cannot remain top tier. Sad but true, the game is going to change, and i'm willing to see how it plays out.

If i am being cynical, this will be a boost to me personally, one buffing some underused characters, two taking the teeth out of having to face 270 x-force all the tinykitty time, and three if half the people who say they are leaving over this actually do then there is going to be a huge power vacuum at the top of the leaderboards making it that much easier to place well.

Less raw power and more health will slow matches down some more but thats not a bad thing its just a thing, here is hoping the iso changes are actually significant.

Learn a valuable lesson here though, think real hard before investing more money than you can walk away from on anything digital. They will either change things to keep the lights on, or let them stagnate and slowly die shutting the lights out forever. Be angry at them for choosing the former if you must, but the second option is way worse.