Coming Soon: Character Updates!

Options

Comments

• Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm bummed out. The title of this thread tries to make it seem exciting, "Character updates!" but it's a super bummer. If they had nerfed one aspect of XF, it would be fine. No AP drain? Fair enough. No AP collection? Fair enough. Green does nothing special? Fair enough. All three at once? That's a joke.

I still don't mind the 4hor nerf. I earned every cover and the Iso to level her. But maybe I'm feeling it a little more with XF. Some is the money I spent on the last cover, some is that I've been building a second one as a back up.

Thing is, there's no reason to make a character impotent. Scaling back makes sense, but it's pretty clear that this company doesn't know how to scale. It's all or nothing. And there is zero advantage to using XF once this goes live.
  • It all sucks,
    But extra health sucks MOST of all.
    The extra health is easily the best part of this update

Even before Xforce, any character with health below 8500 and without an exceptionally good passive (except maybe deadpool) was a no-go in PVP because on defense they die before they can do anything. So a huge portion of 3*s were just automatically PVP dead space no matter their abilities. And with the rare exception, like maybe Luke Cage or Nick Fury, PVP battles aren't going to be any longer because the characters with significantly higher health don't have much more health than the usable PVP characters already did
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    It all sucks,

Even before Xforce, any character with health below 8500 and without an exceptionally good passive (except maybe deadpool) was a no-go in PVP because on defense they die before they can do anything. So a huge portion of 3*s were just automatically PVP dead space no matter their abilities. And with the rare exception, like maybe Luke Cage or Nick Fury, PVP battles aren't going to be any longer because the characters with significantly higher health don't have much more health than the usable PVP characters already did

They died to thor4 and Xforce, that's not gonna be a problem anymore..
  • gamar wrote:
    It all sucks,

They died to thor4 and Xforce, that's not gonna be a problem anymore..
    As I said, nobody used them way before Xforce got his buff. Spidey and Mags were used a bit because automatic win, but even they weren't really that popular because 6800 HP crumbles under lazy 3*s and Panther (and, well, the attacks of other squishy characters now that I think of it)
  • Ahhh I see what D3 is doing... since almost everyone has a 5/5/3 XF they made the green useless and want to make us respec to 3/5/5 for the better yellow. More $$$ for D3!!
  • All of this is ****. Why even touch xf for a second time. This is to make changes for change sake. Utter ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I paid good money for him. Wasted money on this game for the Dev to ruin everything.

Also uping all health is another **** move. Sure update a few. But not all. I don't have time to play this game and thses new healths will only drag games forever. Let's not forget the new **** matchmaking ****.

I may call it quits. Well u got my money d3. I guess enjoy.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    6800 HP crumbles under lazy 3*s and Panther
    Yep, just get 24 black and down they go!
  • BTW. Xf was perfect as he is. Beatable but also awesome.

Again. The health change is utter ****
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    15 pages and I still haven't read ONE reason why a single character being the best answer for every node is good for the game.
    What I have seen are emotional reactions and invalid analogies
  • I would say you would be hard pressed to find such a reason.
  • simonsez wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    6800 HP crumbles under lazy 3*s and Panther
    Yep, just get 24 black and down they go!
    Because you only get one character and matches don't deal damage!
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    15 pages and I still haven't read ONE reason why a single character being the best answer for every node is good for the game.
    What I have seen are emotional reactions and invalid analogies

Why on earth would you think xforce is the best answer for every node? Do you use other characters at all? I've been grinding the current pve down to dust using a host of characters not named xforce, and made my first clear of 2 new subs without using anyone named xforce. I still have 4 healthpacks left.
  • There are two main problems with this update:
    1) nerfs of characters like XF devalues the digital assets you invested money on
    Problem is that D3 does not see it as an investment. When we shell out $100 on one character (or more), we, the players, feel like it is an investment. If these digital assets are indeed just the property of D3 to do as they please, why spend money building characters anymore? Next time you get ready to click on that button to buy, ask yourself the question... How long will it last? 2 weeks, 2 months? Can I spend that money of physical goods that will last me longer? PS4? XBox1?

2) health updates will make all games, pve and pvp longer... Therefore will increase the need for health packs to stay competitive
    Time is a currency in this game, I would even say the main currency. Increasing health for all just means longer games. I am already spending hours a day in this game to stay top 100 and that's with very fast characters (xf, if, PX)... They've nerfed xf, IF... guess who is probably next to get nerfed: PX . So increased health means several more hours a day potentially or more money.

these changes will impact gameplay for sure, but change is good, so I look forward to it. Will I quit? Heck no, unlike the rage quitters let's face it, a lot of time and money went into this game and I'm not ready to throw it away in a fit of rage...
    What it has taught me though is that spending $1 more dollar in this game is just not worth it.

As such, I will coast on my investments to date (yes I see it that way), and play more casually, riding on D3's infrastructure for free and depending on a new generation of players to pay for my gaming.

If you are a new gamer... Take it for what it is... A warning.
  • simonsez
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    15 pages and I still haven't read ONE reason why a single character being the best answer for every node is good for the game
    It's not, but the problem is that given some of the nodes I see in PvE, he was part of the ONLY answer for those nodes. I would LOVE to use my diverse roster to play PvE, but anything that doesn't start chaining quickly or stunning quickly, is just fodder. After these nerfs, I'd say I'm all fodder now.
  • simonsez
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    No one "crumbles" under match damage.

Look, I'm glad you're happy about the HP buffs, but don't delude yourself into thinking this won't extend matches. EVERY recent change lately is having the effect of extending matches. We can argue and speculate as to why the devs think this is a good thing, but this is clearly their agenda.
  • simonsez
    Options
    It's not just that the TV got cheaper, it got worse, too.
    I feel like super-gullible-Rob-Lowe...
  • simonsez wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    No one "crumbles" under match damage.

Look, I'm glad you're happy about the HP buffs, but don't delude yourself into thinking this won't extend matches. EVERY recent change lately is having the effect of extending matches. We can argue and speculate as to why the devs think this is a good thing, but this is clearly their agenda.
    Matches probably will get longer, but because of the X-Force nerf, not the HP buff.

Which do you think is more likely; LThor, Hood/Loki, True Healers will continue to be used, Cyclops, cMags, Black Widow (who don't, in their new versions, have very much more health than the currently used characters) will get more use, and their very high-damage abilities will offset some of the health gain anyways (again, not in relation to the loss of X-Force because that's a separate issue than the HP buffs)

Or every team will now have Luke Cage, Black Panther and/or Nick Fury because they're the only currently used characters that got a significant bump in health over what's typical for team health NOW?
  • I'm going to start a kickstarter where I sell some really awesome things and some really crumby things. Then after I've been funded I'll make all the really cool things worthless and the crumby things just kinda ok. Sounds like a good business plan right?

This is just flat out embarrassing at this point.
  • Vinmarc43
    Vinmarc43 Posts: 266
    Options
    Character health boost is ridicoulous, we might be doubling are battle time, talk about GRINDING, they should reduce health instead, faster battles and less time playing this THING called entertainement. icon_mad.gif
  • With the health boosts I'm concerned that the abilities with " % health loss" to-trigger, will be harder to activate.

For example:
    Captain Marvel yellowflag.png
    Deadpool blackflag.png
    (They left hulk out of the HP gains! icon_eek.gif - but I think he needs a rework too - he should get angry more - it's his thing)