Lightning Rounds 1/21/14

Options

Comments

• turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    Phew competition was fierce in that Mags round. Made it to #3 but never broke into the top 2. Dropped to 7 by the end and hopefully that's where I am.

Sorry for hitting you, i just wanted to save my top 1-2 icon_e_smile.gif
  • Yep, i saw you up there joz and didn't want to mess with you too much icon_e_smile.gif I hope i make top 8 but still waiting for results.
  • turul wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Phew competition was fierce in that Mags round. Made it to #3 but never broke into the top 2. Dropped to 7 by the end and hopefully that's where I am.

Sorry for hitting you, i just wanted to save my top 1-2 icon_e_smile.gif

Yeah I attacked you once because you were shielded, but then I saw your shield was broken and it had dropped you and I realized I was gonna be retaliated against since you would get some good points haha.
  • Yesss, top 8. C Mags is now 3/2/5 after that new Blue and Purple! What's the ideal build? 5/3/5? 4/4/5?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    Yesss, top 8. C Mags is now 3/2/5 after that new Blue and Purple! What's the ideal build? 5/3/5? 4/4/5?

5/3/5, but incoming nerf could modify that. But any */*/5 isn't bad.
  • This was my first real run at the Lightning rounds since I started playing. I did not place super high in all rounds and I elected out of quite a few for outside issues. Overall I earned 3 red Rags, 2 Loki, 2 Hoods, and one Mag. That's 8 three star characters in just a few days. Happy i played. Spent about 400-500 HP throughout the tournament on shields. Still need to find that sweat spot time wise. I did learn to lay low for the last 30 minutes.

*Oh and 2 green Rags (so a total of 10 3*'s).
  • Joined at the last 30 minutes of Mag and squeak in top 8 icon_e_smile.gif. Mag is now @ 4/3/5, sorta wish i left him @ 3/3/5 untill the nerf.
  • Started in the last 45 minutes, playing offhandedly while at work, managed to literally get 24th or 25th place, so I'm pretty glad with that turnout. 2/3/5 Mags, now if I could actually level him, I'd probably land top 8 reliably. Level ~50 Mags, scares off people with 15 Mags/85Thorverine, but not the people with level 100 teams. :c
  • Pichsterz wrote:
    Joined at the last 30 minutes of Mag and squeak in top 8 icon_e_smile.gif. Mag is now @ 4/3/5, sorta wish i left him @ 3/3/5 untill the nerf.

Yeah I've got a level 100 mag that I'm leaving at 3/3/5 for now
  • Grabbed my first 2 Mag covers (solely for completionist tendencies, not sure what he'll look like after funbalancing), then went to farmville on the rest of the rounds. Now have my IW to 118. Man, it's gonna be a beast to get her maxed.
  • Grabbed my first 2 Mag covers (solely for completionist tendencies, not sure what he'll look like after funbalancing), then went to farmville on the rest of the rounds. Now have my IW to 118. Man, it's gonna be a beast to get her maxed.

Impressive sir, impressive. Just starting to work on three stars. I have three wolvie **** and two IW covers, not enough to even think of dumping iso.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kyosokun wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Is there a strategic reason to join Lightning Rounds later rather than earlier?

It's easier to find high-point people to hit, but that's probably more for trying to hit progression awards rather than high(er) placement awards. It's probably impossible to win if you start late, at least from anecdotal experience.

Depends on when you consider late. there are frequent reports of people joining 45 min in and getting placement.
    I strongly suspect there is some kind of bracketing now. But whenever you start, you're going to need to be able to get to that 500-ish mark
  • KLoganR wrote:
    Grabbed my first 2 Mag covers (solely for completionist tendencies, not sure what he'll look like after funbalancing), then went to farmville on the rest of the rounds. Now have my IW to 118. Man, it's gonna be a beast to get her maxed.

Impressive sir, impressive. Just starting to work on three stars. I have three wolvie **** and two IW covers, not enough to even think of dumping iso.

I still need 3 covers for IW (1 yellow, 2 green); my 4* Wolvie's at 3/2/2 with almost no ISO invested. The one to watch out for is _fulu_ (I think), who's sitting on a fully covered and fully levelled 4* Wolvie. Pray you don't get in his brackets once the buff comes for X-Force!
  • KLoganR wrote:
    Grabbed my first 2 Mag covers (solely for completionist tendencies, not sure what he'll look like after funbalancing), then went to farmville on the rest of the rounds. Now have my IW to 118. Man, it's gonna be a beast to get her maxed.

I still need 3 covers for IW (1 yellow, 2 green); my 4* Wolvie's at 3/2/2 with almost no ISO invested. The one to watch out for is _fulu_ (I think), who's sitting on a fully covered and fully levelled 4* Wolvie. Pray you don't get in his brackets once the buff comes for X-Force!

Muahaha. He's not quite fully leveled yet, but will be on buff day!
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pretty meh haul this time around, managed to get following covers off of diabolicals, plus 2 useless green rags and 2 purple lokis... What are the only covers i dont need more of, sigh. At least the tokens were extremely easy to grind.
    Hood 2/2/0 -> 2/4/0
    Rags 5/3 -> 5/4
    Loki 1/4 -> 2/5
    Doom 3/1 -> 3/2
  • Spoit wrote:
    I strongly suspect there is some kind of bracketing now. But whenever you start, you're going to need to be able to get to that 500-ish mark

I don't know about bracketing, i just think that you don't get hit as much if you start later. The first 250-300 points if you have a relatively beefy team you will usually be left alone, when you start going higher is when you start getting in range of other bigger teams. By delaying getting up there, you also delay getting attacked as much. Just a theory anyhow.
  • Roya PQ wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

I don't know about bracketing, i just think that you don't get hit as much if you start later. The first 250-300 points if you have a relatively beefy team you will usually be left alone, when you start going higher is when you start getting in range of other bigger teams. By delaying getting up there, you also delay getting attacked as much. Just a theory anyhow.

The one issue is that I've seen people with points around my range that aren't in my leaderboard.
  • _fulu_ wrote:
    KLoganR wrote:

Which means its mandatory that you post all of his max info in his thread the day that change comes!
    So that we can gawk and dream yo. Only . Super tempted to buy 3 coves with saved hp but I know its not worth it (and def not until we see his stuff. Been saving ISO but I keep spending it on buffed characters lol. At about 35k right now, had saved to 50k twice but burnt some each time on ares.storm and other things I said I wouldn't lol. I probably need to be able to het wolvie to about 160 before he starts to look at all good anyway. How much ISO do 4**** require?
  • _fulu_ wrote:

Which means its mandatory that you post all of his max info in his thread the day that change comes!
    So that we can gawk and dream yo. Only . Super tempted to buy 3 coves with saved hp but I know its not worth it (and def not until we see his stuff. Been saving ISO but I keep spending it on buffed characters lol. At about 35k right now, had saved to 50k twice but burnt some each time on ares.storm and other things I said I wouldn't lol. I probably need to be able to het wolvie to about 160 before he starts to look at all good anyway. How much ISO do 4**** require?

IW now at 121, and she's at 1995 ISO needed for next level. I believe it scales up evenly, so you're looking at around 4K per level towards the end of the curve. Without doing the math for each level, it'll probably be in the neighborhood of 450K to get a 4* maxed.

Edit: Of course, a small investment (for Warren Buffet) of 9 Mother Lodes for $900 would get you there!
  • If I remember correctly (its written at home, I'm at work) it was ~900 ISO at level 70, 2000 by level 120, 3000 around 180. It makes me cry. But I havent bought any of that ISO, just saved it up through hulk and hunt events