Lightning Rounds 1/21/14

Options

Comments

• Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    doneskis wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:
    Gah, doneskis, you're killing me here!this Hood round has been my best chance all day and you come in with l100+ bad dudes!

ah so sorry what'syour game name. I think i will hold my position here and shield

My handle is Mawt, my team is Hood/Wolvie/OBW - you probably fought a lot with that line up though.

Don't sweat it - I think I'll be happy with a Diabolic Token.
  • If I won't slide further and out of top 25, then I'll get my third blue Hood. Feels nice.
  • abuelo wrote:
    tinykitty it.

I just lost 247 points in the last five minutes. There is absolutely no point in trying to do anything in this game sometimes.

I can't even reach 200 in this kind of tournament, each time i win & so earn 15 or 16 points, i lose 56 pts from attacking opponents. I could play more than hours to only earn... 250 iso ? I don't see the point in playing and only losing points/ranks (& i'm really not in the top 50 players).
    I quit, there's no use to play this kind of event no more as there are two major issues :
    1. It's nonsense to lose more than you can gain in a game, i can gain more points in not playing at all. Pathetic lost of time.
    2. Obviously you CAN'T play this game with the team you want to as everybody will attack you if you have no decent tank to play with nor [lightning round 3* already buffed] character.

If it's all about dull kikoo/cheated farming & playing with only one or two obviously cheated team, i prefer to spend my precious time elsewhere. I'm here to play & enjoy at first, if not i wouldn't be playing a puzzle-like so much. ^ ^
    Events, even if they need improvement, are much more fair in rewarding players than this nonsense tournaments. I hope the next patch will improve a lot this ones as between two events there's really nothing to do at the moment.
  • GEFPenst wrote:
    If I won't slide further and out of top 25, then I'll get my third blue Hood. Feels nice.

I think you are safe..assuming your game name is GEFP
  • Yep, that's me. I hope for blue and black, but seing how points fluctuate, I can be pushed out of top 8. Still, that's some impressive results for my lv25Hood/lv72Wolv/lv65OBW. Hood+OBW is really nice dampening combo.
  • GEFPenst wrote:
    Yep, that's me. I hope for blue and black, but seing how points fluctuate, I can be pushed out of top 8. Still, that's some impressive results for my lv25Hood/lv72Wolv/lv65OBW. Hood+OBW is really nice dampening combo.

wow not bad..gonna be a close finish...Good luck to you
  • doneskis wrote:
    GEFPenst wrote:
    Yep, that's me. I hope for blue and black, but seing how points fluctuate, I can be pushed out of top 8. Still, that's some impressive results for my lv25Hood/lv72Wolv/lv65OBW. Hood+OBW is really nice dampening combo.

Wow they got hit last second, I think you got it
  • doneskis wrote:
    doneskis wrote:
    GEFPenst wrote:

Yessssss, I've got it. I was ready to get only blue and then in last minute I suddenly on 7th place. Feels so good, so very good! That shield paid off.
  • GEFPenst wrote:
    doneskis wrote:
    doneskis wrote:
    GEFPenst wrote:

Yessssss, I've got it. I was ready to get only blue and then in last minute I suddenly on 7th place. Feels so good, so very good! That shield paid off.

yeah i was watching it whole time Grats to you.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    yay, got three diabolical tokens this week ....and every one of them yielded a Loki....MPQ must hate me icon_e_sad.gif
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    abuelo wrote:
    tinykitty it.

I just lost 247 points in the last five minutes. There is absolutely no point in trying to do anything in this game sometimes.

I can't even reach 200 in this kind of tournament, each time i win & so earn 15 or 16 points, i lose 56 pts from attacking opponents. I could play more than hours to only earn... 250 iso ? I don't see the point in playing and only losing points/ranks (& i'm really not in the top 50 players).
    I quit, there's no use to play this kind of event no more as there are two major issues :
    1. It's nonsense to lose more than you can gain in a game, i can gain more points in not playing at all. Pathetic lost of time.
    2. Obviously you CAN'T play this game with the team you want to as everybody will attack you if you have no decent tank to play with nor [lightning round 3* already buffed] character.

If it's all about dull kikoo/cheated farming & playing with only one or two obviously cheated team, i prefer to spend my precious time elsewhere. I'm here to play & enjoy at first, if not i wouldn't be playing a puzzle-like so much. ^ ^
    Events, even if they need improvement, are much more fair in rewarding players than this nonsense tournaments. I hope the next patch will improve a lot this ones as between two events there's really nothing to do at the moment.

These Lightning Rounds are actually a bit more of a slow burn. My 2* covers are looking pretty good, but my 3* collection is still pretty thin - for most of the Lightning Round villains I only have a single cover.

But that doesn't matter; in the last 24 hours I've managed to earn more than 13000 Iso, just by completing only one or two games each round. I go in, get 1 win for the 25pt progress reward, and then throw in a tanking team to let other people farm me. That only requires about 10 minutes attention every 2 hours, and when I knew I had the chance to sit down and slog through a whole heap of fights I made my push then. I slipped out of getting Diabolic Token earlier today (got the Heroic token novelty prize) but just now I think I may end up with a blue Hood cover. And all that ISO? When the next PvE event starts, I can dump it into whichever of the powered up heroes I have.

I admit, it's frustrating to finish a match and find out that your effort was basically just to keep you from slipping (or worse, you ended up with a net loss). I hope you do stick around, since it sounds like you do actually enjoy the game.
  • yay, got three diabolical tokens this week ....and every one of them yielded a Loki....MPQ must hate me icon_e_sad.gif
    Are you sure? Loki comboes very well with Patch. Well, unless you have already maxed Loki.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    GEFPenst wrote:
    yay, got three diabolical tokens this week ....and every one of them yielded a Loki....MPQ must hate me icon_e_sad.gif
    Are you sure? Loki comboes very well with Patch. Well, unless you have already maxed Loki.

It does? Truth be told, I never actually used him before, I just had one cover prior to this round....gotta test that, though I only have 4 patch covers as well :/
  • GEFPenst wrote:

It does? Truth be told, I never actually used him before, I just had one cover prior to this round....gotta test that, though I only have 4 patch covers as well :/
    Well, until next big patch (R47) Patch is bugged and creates only double amount of friendly tiles, so it won't be so useful, but his abilities create strike tiles for enemies too. With Loki's black you can change them into defence tiles for yourself, which make them quite obvious pairing. And from my experience, Patch's covers will be rewards in next PvE and PvP events.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I faced a Loki 15/Patch 141/OBW ? team in the LR and was excited at the prospect of using Trickery on the bugged Patch. I over-boosted and was getting lucky on green match possibilities, though, so I managed to win before the AI was able to pull off an ability.
  • Apologies to anyone I hit hard last night's Mags round. I finally got my last cover I needed (red) and will not be so mean in the future.
  • Is there a strategic reason to join Lightning Rounds later rather than earlier?
  • jozier wrote:
    Is there a strategic reason to join Lightning Rounds later rather than earlier?

It's easier to find high-point people to hit, but that's probably more for trying to hit progression awards rather than high(er) placement awards. It's probably impossible to win if you start late, at least from anecdotal experience.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Is there a strategic reason to join Lightning Rounds later rather than earlier?

It's easier to find high-point people to hit, but that's probably more for trying to hit progression awards rather than high(er) placement awards. It's probably impossible to win if you start late, at least from anecdotal experience.

Depends on when you consider late. there are frequent reports of people joining 45 min in and getting placement.
  • Phew competition was fierce in that Mags round. Made it to #3 but never broke into the top 2. Dropped to 7 by the end and hopefully that's where I am.