Lightning Rounds 1/21/14

Options

Comments

• thereck belongs in LR - he gains points at lightning speed
  • 3rd... I blame it on starting 40 minutes late.
  • 3rd... I blame it on starting 40 minutes late.

You were right behind me! you even attacked me. It was close hehe
  • doneskis wrote:
    3rd... I blame it on starting 40 minutes late.

I figured that a big match at the end would get me to the top. Should have done two 15 point ones instead. Couldn't find an easy one with less than two minutes to go.

Anyway, that was a well deserved win doneskis.
  • doneskis wrote:
    3rd... I blame it on starting 40 minutes late.

I figured that a big match at the end would get me to the top. Should have done two 15 point ones instead. Couldn't find an easy one with less than two minutes to go.

Anyway, that was a well deserved win doneskis.

Thanks Iron Batman, guess this is the best part about LR...the last 10 min is so intense...shield? break shield? Push for more points?
  • Not pleased. Worked my way up to 300, and didn't want to fight any higher. decided to shield with 14 minutes left, since that's a usual mark for a top 50 result. at 4 minutes left, had a couple of hits against my shield and saw that I was rank 46, dangerously close to slipping out of reach of that diabolical.

Decide to break my shield and do a quick fight to solidy my rank.

Come out, have 2 minutes left, got hit once for the same as I had earned, so went for one more quick fight.

Come out, and in the last minute, I've been hit by 6 different people all at once for 106 points, and slid to only a 250 ISO reward.
  • This Loki round is really uncompetitive. Gonna have to yield down to Diabolical.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    This Loki round is really uncompetitive. Gonna have to yield down to Diabolical.

Lucky you - I've been attacked for about equal points to what I was earning each time I entered a battle - struggled to get over 100, so I've given up on this one.
  • Mawtful wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    This Loki round is really uncompetitive. Gonna have to yield down to Diabolical.

Lucky you - I've been attacked for about equal points to what I was earning each time I entered a battle - struggled to get over 100, so I've given up on this one.

I had spoken too quickly. I looked away from my phone for 10 minutes and had dropped out of Diabolical but I'm back in that range now.
  • jozier wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:
    jozier wrote:

I had spoken too quickly. I looked away from my phone for 10 minutes and had dropped out of Diabolical but I'm back in that range now.

Yup, I was right next to you. Decided to try for one on a whim with about 30 minutes left. Worked out well for me. Got my first yellow Hood cover, which I think is the only cover in the game I didn't have at least one of.
  • Misguided wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:
    jozier wrote:

Yup, I was right next to you. Decided to try for one on a whim with about 30 minutes left. Worked out well for me. Got my first yellow Hood cover, which I think is the only cover in the game I didn't have at least one of.

Yeah I checked my ranking at the end and we were sandwiched together. I pulled a red Rag (my 3rd) which would have been lovely once upon a time.

Still nice to get his covers for when I'm forced to use him in his lightning rounds.
  • Kikujiro
    Kikujiro Posts: 157
    Options
    I miss the diabolical token I was aiming for on last Loki round by 3 points because I was lurking the forum instead of keeping an eye on the clock.

I pulled a black Loki from the heroic token. Karma is a tinykitty on steroids.
  • I got pushed out of the diabolical and pulled the black OBW cover I needed from the heroic pack! Brought a smile to my face. Also cemented my decision to forget the last Punisher cover I need and go for the three OBW covers in round two of DC tomorrow, since now I need one of each color to max her covers at 3/5/5. I can always change my mind and push since the Punisher cover I need is black, the next tier up.
  • Arclight wrote:
    Is there something broken? My L77 rag has 28k life and his red hits for 3,7k... All of my LR villains have exorbitant high boostings... :O
    After the update, it can sometimes bug for me too. Super buffed LR. Couldn't see the Divine Champion tournaments when it was bugged like this. Perhaps this explains some of the super quick kills, we're talking seriously buffed Villians in this "mode".
  • Got my first-ever diabolic token! Green Rag :S, which I already have 5 of...
  • Barely missed my blue magneto C. Still stuck at 1/3/5 as I have been for weeks. I'm sure I'm gonna refer selling those red covers after the inevitable nerf.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Man, those Magneto rounds are hectic!

Did well in the previous Rags round, though, got my first green, which I'm very happy with icon_e_smile.gif 1/5 now! My Doom's looking pretty good at 2/4 too!
  • I made my push in the last lightning round, ended up in Diabolical range with about 40 minutes left, so I decided to throw up a 30min shield with the intention of either using a 15min or making another push later. Unfortunately, I went to do something else, ended up forgetting all about it, and got pushed into Heroic token range... icon_e_sad.gif

Open the Heroic pack...4* Wolverine cover! icon_lol.gif

Sometimes it pays to be stupid.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gah, doneskis, you're killing me here!this Hood round has been my best chance all day and you come in with l100+ bad dudes!
  • Mawtful wrote:
    Gah, doneskis, you're killing me here!this Hood round has been my best chance all day and you come in with l100+ bad dudes!

ah so sorry what'syour game name. I think i will hold my position here and shield