What Marvel character are you hoping for? (post movesets)

Options

Comments

• Arondite wrote:
    Xiphoen wrote:
    Seems like this might be better served as a separate forum as having it in a single post doesn't allow for a good discussion on individual ideas or allow an easy ability to search for others that might've already posted the same characters that they could add ideas onto...just my $0.02

It hasn't posed a problem for anyone thus far but you. I'd say it's fine as is, especially considering that it allows for discussion and individual ideas just fine.

24 pages of ideas that people are only going to visit the last page of...don't know why you don't see why that could stifle creativity and proper discussion.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Xiphoen wrote:
    Arondite wrote:
    Xiphoen wrote:
    Seems like this might be better served as a separate forum as having it in a single post doesn't allow for a good discussion on individual ideas or allow an easy ability to search for others that might've already posted the same characters that they could add ideas onto...just my $0.02

It hasn't posed a problem for anyone thus far but you. I'd say it's fine as is, especially considering that it allows for discussion and individual ideas just fine.

24 pages of ideas that people are only going to visit the last page of...don't know why you don't see why that could stifle creativity and proper discussion.

Considering only the last thread is new and that reviving old dead threads doesn't qualify as proper discussion...No, I don't see a problem.
  • Goldballs star.pngstar.pngstar.png

Gold Balls! yellowflag.png : Generates 5 gold balls that each hit a random enemy for damage. Number of balls increases with covers.

Focused Balls redflag.png : Deals damage to a single enemy. Stuns at 5 covers.

Poink blackflag.png : Changes 5 basic tiles into yellow tiles. Number of tiles increases with covers. Can convert any tiles at 5 covers.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Ultimate Spider-Man
    4 Star

Painful Insult (7 red AP) : Spidey makes fun of his enemy causing them to lose concentration and lower their guard. Spidey takes advantage landing a couple of quick blows dealing (medium scale damage) and increasing enemy countdown tiles by 2 rounds. (damage and countdown tiles scale with level)

Here's Web in Your Eye, ur EYES! (8 blue AP) : Ultimate Spider-Man puts his agility and cunning on display, carefully maneuvering two enemies close together through a series of near misses and taunts. He then simultaneously unloads two web blasts at the faces of the target and one random enemy stunning them both for 1 round and increases enemy countdown tiles by 2 rounds. (Stunning and countdown tiles scale with level)

Ultimate Spider Sense (Purple Passive) Ultimate Spider-Man's spider sense is adept at causing glancing blows and near misses from enemy attacks and allows him to feel and react to deadly situations before they happen. Ultimate Spider-Man places 1 defense tile each time his team matches purple. (Medium scale defense tile) If Ultimate Spider-Man's team has 10 or more purple AP, when an enemy uses a superpower that power is placed into a 1 turn, web covered countdown tile that is impossible to destroy until it counts down and is triggered or if the enemy using it is knocked out before it expires, destroying it. (Defense tiles scale with level. The web covered, countdown tile becomes 2 rounds at level 5)
  • Agamotto
    Agamotto Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    LambPuppy wrote:
    Thanos (4*)

Summary: Ultra cheap purple ability that allows Thanos to have extreme board control. Thanos is physically all powerful, but his greatest strength lies in his intellect and how manipulative he is. His abilities should somewhat reflect that.

* Infinity Gauntlet - Thanos uses the power of the infinity gauntlet to gain full control of the universe. Drains 4 AP from each color, and activates different effects for different colors. Destroys a selected row and generate AP (red). All attack, protect tiles become friendly (purple). Heal all allies for some amount (yellow). Steals all of enemy's blue APs (blue). Stuns current target (black). Buffs a selected tile's effect to 2x (green). Cost: 12 yellow and 25% of Thanos' health.

* Deceit - Select a non-purple tile and consume it. The tile gets destroyed with a small match damage only. Cost: 4 purple

* Ripple Effect - Place a 3 turn countdown tile on a red tile. While it lasts, all match damages are dealt to all enemies. When the countdown reaches 0, the tile turns into a critical tile. Cost: 9 red

I really like this, both his color combination yellowflag.pngpurpleflag.pngredflag.png and abilities. A color combination that no other character has. It could also serve with blackflag.pngpurpleflag.pngyellowflag.png to be able to "compete" with XForce. But the first color combination fits the Infinity Gems colors and what they do better.

So thumbs up on this one
  • spudzo0
    spudzo0 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm going to take a stab at this:

Professor X:

Freeze Time: Blue (13): Professor X uses his psychic powers to stop time, allowing you to make up to 2 matches this turn. (More covers would decrease cost, and increase to a total of up to 4 matches in one turn)

Mind Reading: Purple (7): Professor X reads the mind of the enemy, unveiling their plans. Allows you to steal 3 AP of any colour of your choosing from the enemy. (Increase in cover will increase cost to max 10 Ap and allow for steal of 4 AP in 2 colour of your choice).

Mind Control: Black (14): Professor X takes control of the weak minded and forces them to do his work, cast one of the enemies abilities against them self, for the full ap cost(combine your ap and the enemy's ap for the strike). (Additional covers would reduce the cost of the enemy's spells up to half at max covered).
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    BBTBob wrote:
    Ultimate Spider-Man
    4 Star

Painful Insult (7 red AP) : Spidey makes fun of his enemy causing them to lose concentration and lower their guard. Spidey takes advantage landing a couple of quick blows dealing (medium scale damage) and increasing enemy countdown tiles by 2 rounds. (damage and countdown tiles scale with level)

Here's Web in Your Eye, ur EYES! (8 blue AP) : Ultimate Spider-Man puts his agility and cunning on display, carefully maneuvering two enemies close together through a series of near misses and taunts. He then simultaneously unloads two web blasts at the faces of the target and one random enemy stunning them both for 1 round and increases enemy countdown tiles by 2 rounds. (Stunning and countdown tiles scale with level)

Ultimate Spider Sense (Purple Passive) Ultimate Spider-Man's spider sense is adept at causing glancing blows and near misses from enemy attacks and allows him to feel and react to deadly situations before they happen. Ultimate Spider-Man places 1 defense tile each time his team matches purple. (Medium scale defense tile) If Ultimate Spider-Man's team has 10 or more purple AP, when an enemy uses a superpower that power is placed into a 1 turn, web covered countdown tile that is impossible to destroy until it counts down and is triggered or if the enemy using it is knocked out before it expires, destroying it. (Defense tiles scale with level. The web covered, countdown tile becomes 2 rounds at level 5)

Overall, I like your idea, but way too much countdown interactions. Also, I'm very confused by your Spider Sense ability.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    spudzo0 wrote:
    I'm going to take a stab at this:

Professor X:

Freeze Time: Blue (13): Professor X uses his psychic powers to stop time, allowing you to make up to 2 matches this turn. (More covers would decrease cost, and increase to a total of up to 4 matches in one turn)

Mind Reading: Purple (7): Professor X reads the mind of the enemy, unveiling their plans. Allows you to steal 3 AP of any colour of your choosing from the enemy. (Increase in cover will increase cost to max 10 Ap and allow for steal of 4 AP in 2 colour of your choice).

Mind Control: Black (14): Professor X takes control of the weak minded and forces them to do his work, cast one of the enemies abilities against them self, for the full ap cost(combine your ap and the enemy's ap for the strike). (Additional covers would reduce the cost of the enemy's spells up to half at max covered).

Certainly an interesting take on one of the most powerful Psychic Mutants ever.
    A few tweaks and thoughts though.

Freeze Time: This is in essence a stun, I know not ending the turn affects countdown and strike tiles, but it really is just a stunning ability. Low covers could stun just the target, and high covers could achieve the same effects (though a 4 turn full team stun is a bit OP. More likely that a 2 turn Full Team Stun with an extra turn or two for the target.)

Mind Reading: I like the idea of a targeted AP steal, but that AP cost is too low considering the potential for both personal AP generation as well as AP denial. Now, if this was changed to a straight AP denial, with no personal AP generation, that could work at the current cost. IF it also steals AP, it's cost is going to be roughly 2 times it's AP generation. So AP cost of 7 would steal no more than 3 AP of a single selected color.

Mind Control: Oh I like this a lot. Sort of a reverse Fastball Special. VERY DANGEROUS. Perhaps at high covers it could stun the target after they use their stolen ability? Perhaps a single turn countdown tile that as long as it is active on the board, the target is stunned?
  • Venamis
    Venamis Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    what love to see some inhumans in this game soon... could make an interesting story
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    12773-2676-14334-1-doctor-strange.jpg
    redflag.pngEye of Agomotto 4* Red AP
      Stephen wields the power of the ancient Agomotto, turning his foes' attacks against them. Converts up to 2 enemy Strike or Attack tiles into 2-turn Countdown tiles that deal 250 damage each.
    Level 2: Converts up to 3 tiles. Costs 2 AP per tile converted (Minimum 4).
    Level 3: Converts up to 5 tiles. Costs 2 AP per tile converted (Minimum 4).
    Level 4: Converts all enemy Strike tiles and up to 5 Attack tiles. Costs 2 AP per tile converted (Max 12).
    Level 5: Reduces countdown to 1 turn.
    blueflag.pngBook of Vishanti 9 Blue AP
      Stephen's mystical tome holds powerful white magic to ward off evil and protect his allies. Adds 1 blue Protect tile to the board of strength 170, then increases enemy Countdowns by 1 for each blue Protect tile on the board (Maximum 3).
    Level 2: Adds 2 blue Protect tiles.
    Level 3: Adds 3 blue Protect tiles and increases enemy Countdowns by 3.
    Level 4: Adds 4 blue Protect tiles and increases enemy Countdowns by 4.
    Level 5: Adds 5 blue Protect tiles and increases enemy countdowns by 4. One random enemy Countdown increases by an additional 3.
    blackflag.pngSorcerer Supreme (PASSIVE)
      Stephen's mastery of magic is unrivaled. When Stephen makes a black match, he randomly destroys 1 basic Red tile (without generating AP).
    Level 2: Destroys 1 Red enemy Strike or Attack tile, if any exist.
    Level 3: Destroys any 1 Red enemy special tile, if any exist.
    Level 4: The tile destroyed generates AP.
    Level 5: Destroys 2 tiles.

I thought I'd leave my commentary down here this time. Stephen's a medium-health support with black as his highest tile damage. Eye of Agomotto is a lot like Daredevil's Radar Sense, but cheaper at the cost of some damage. Book of Vishanti is basically a 3-star Anti-Gravity Device, and Sorcerer Supreme is the kind of passive we need to see more of: 2 red whenever he matches black--and some board shakeup, and prioritizing enemy red specials--would be tons of fun to play around with. npxo
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I know Marrow's somewhat obscure but I like her, and chose her as kind of a design exercise. The game could use another morally ambiguous anti-hero like Punisher, and she would fit in well with 'Mutant Revolutionary' Cyclops. I think her X-Force version is probably the best but none of the covers I found featured her prominently. This one is good because it shows her throwing her bone spikes.

Marrow star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    346.jpg
    HP 8500

purpleflag.pngHypermetabolism 11 Purple AP
      Marrow can rapidly regrow bones and tissue. Bony protrusions create 2 Strike tiles of strength 40, with 30 additional strength for each 10 percent of health she has lost in the battle. Then her rapid healing creates a 2-turn countdown tile that restores an amount equal to 50% of her current health.
    Level 2: Countdown reduced to 1 turn.
    Level 3: Strike tile strength increased to 100, plus 40 for each 10 percent of health she has lost in the battle.
    Level 4: Healing increased to 100% of her current health.
    Level 5: Creates 3 Strike tiles.
    redflag.pngBone Spikes 6 Red AP
      Marrow breaks off spikes of bone and throws them at her foe, depleting the team's Red AP. For each AP spent, deals 80 damage to the target AND creates one strength 45 Attack tile. The exertion is costly; Marrow takes 125 damage for each AP spent.
    Level 2: Reduces damage taken to 90 per AP spent.
    Level 3: Damage increased to 100 per AP spent.
    Level 4: Attack tile strength increased to 60.
    Level 5: Damage increased to 125 per AP spent and Attack tile strength increased to 75.

blackflag.pngBonestorm 10 Black AP
      Marrow unleashes a massive barrage of bony shards, taking 1400 damage but dealing 1850 damage to the target. Other shards erupt in all directions, destroying up to 6 random Attack tiles and dealing 180 damage to the enemy team for each tile destroyed. Does not generate AP.
    Level 2: Deals 2300 damage to the target.
    Level 3: Deals 240 damage to the enemy team for each tile destroyed.
    Level 4: Destroys up to 12 random Attack tiles.
    Level 5: Deals 2900 damage to the target, and destroys up to 18 random Attack tiles.

Marrow's an offense-heavy character. She's got a bit of Sentry, a bit of Ares, a bit of Black Panther. Her healing loses effectiveness if she's really hurt, but makes up for that situation by creating stronger strike tiles. Bonestorm is quite strong against other attack tile spammers (e.g. Storm). I think she'd be badass, but definitely require a bit of care to handle properly. Gotta use Hypermetabolism before her health drops too low; do you risk a Bonestorm first to boost the strikes (hoping the CD doesn't get matched away before she can heal)?npxo She's a bit tougher than a glass cannon but still you don't want to down yourself; that's the kind of resource balancing act I can get behind.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    LambPuppy wrote:
    Here are some character design ideas that could add variations to current meta (good variety of balanced characters is always good IMO) instead of just being damage dealing types with different ability names.

Thanos (4*)

Summary: Ultra cheap purple ability that allows Thanos to have extreme board control. Thanos is physically all powerful, but his greatest strength lies in his intellect and how manipulative he is. His abilities should somewhat reflect that.

* Infinity Gauntlet - Thanos uses the power of the infinity gauntlet to gain full control of the universe. Drains 4 AP from each color, and activates different effects for different colors. Destroys a selected row and generate AP (red). All attack, protect tiles become friendly (purple). Heal all allies for some amount (yellow). Steals all of enemy's blue APs (blue). Stuns current target (black). Buffs a selected tile's effect to 2x (green). Cost: 12 yellow and 25% of Thanos' health.
    * Deceit - Select a non-purple tile and consume it. The tile gets destroyed with a small match damage only. Cost: 4 purple
    * Ripple Effect - Place a 3 turn countdown tile on a red tile. While it lasts, all match damages are dealt to all enemies. When the countdown reaches 0, the tile turns into a critical tile. Cost: 9 red

I love your take on Thanos! With a few tweaks (cosmic characters would be another level, IMO, which means 5*, and the Ripple Effect sounds like a tech-based gravitational attack, like a singularity, so it ought to be blue), I hope you get to see this in your roster someday!

thanoscover.jpg

This is the coolest @#%ing thing I've seen yet.

I love speccing out characters, or spitballing abilities. But character art? EXCELLENT job, man. Thanos must have like 30-40K health.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was thinking about how cool it would be to have Bishop and Cable because of their time traveling history.

Bishop
    purpletile.png Fix the Past: Bishop goes back in time to correct the future. You go back to the enemies' previous turn and make the move for them. EX) Thor releases 'Call to the Storm,' you shoot off this ability to go back to their turn and simply match 3 for the enemy.
    bluetile.png Back to the Future: Bishop returns to the future. Enemy skips a turn.

Cable
    blacktile.png Alternate Timeline: Cable returns to the future to an alternate time. Enemies strongest character is replaced with Bagman
    yellowtile.png Back in the Day: Cable travels to the past to see his younger enemies. Enemies are reduced by 10 levels. 5 Covers would reduce enemy level by 50.

Not sure if other people had similar ideas but I am curious to see what people think.
  • LOL, I like where this is going.

Can't wait for Cable to be released one day.
  • Sherlock1
    Sherlock1 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    Cable
    blacktile.png Alternate Timeline: Cable returns to the future to an alternate time. Enemies strongest character is replaced with Bagman
    yellowtile.png Back in the Day: Cable travels to the past to see his younger enemies. Enemies are reduced by 10 levels. 5 Covers would reduce enemy level by 50.

Not sure if other people had similar ideas but I am curious to see what people think.

Would be the perfect counter strike to Lady thor, but each of these 2 powers should be usable once per game only... icon_e_smile.gif
  • Bishop I would go with:

Absorb Energy: Much like Cap Marvel with maybe a scaling damage reduction from abilities.

Kinetic Blast: Deals X damage

I knew that was going to happen/Fix the past: Works like Life of the Party, but without the healing.

EDIT: another idea would be to combine the first two abilities into a single target Raging Tempest, making room for another ability.

Not sure what I would do with Cable...
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alexraven wrote:
    Bishop I would go with:

Absorb Energy: Much like Cap Marvel with maybe a scaling damage reduction from abilities.

Kinetic Blast: Deals X damage

I knew that was going to happen/Fix the past: Works like Life of the Party, but without the healing.

EDIT: another idea would be to combine the first two abilities into a single target Raging Tempest, making room for another ability.

Not sure what I would do with Cable...

I was mainly focusing on the time traveling abilities but I definitely agree with Bishop absorb ability. It would be similar to Captain Marvels but instead of gaining AP, Bishop could just counterattack, similar to 2* Storm but more powerful. Cable could also have a similar ability.
  • Rogue - Max HP 8500, Color Priority blacktile.pngpurpletile.pngredtile.png

blackflag.png Draining Grasp - 10 blacktile.png
    Rogue drains the life force of one of her opponents, stealing resources over time. However, if she holds on for too long, it can backfire on herself. Creates a 3 Turn CD tile that steals 1AP from the enemy team's strongest color and deals 60 damage to the enemy. If the CD tile activates, it stuns Rogue for 2 turns and deals 10% of her health as damage to her.

Level 2: Increases the AP stolen to 2 AP per turn and the damage to 71
    Level 3: Decreases the damage done to 7% of Rogue's health if the CD tile expires
    Level 4: Increases the AP stolen to 3 AP per turn and the damage to 104 per turn
    Level 5: Decreases the damage done to 5% of Rogue's health if the CD tile expires as well as lowering the duration of the stun effect to 1 round.

purpleflag.png A Moment in Their Shoes - 13 purpletile.png
    Rogue briefly touches one of her allies, allowing her to use one of their abilities to combat the enemy team. She deals 6% of the teammate's health as damage to a selected teammate and creates a 3 turn CD tile that activates one of their abilities.

Level 2: Decreases the damage done to the teammate to 5% of their health
    Level 3: Decreases the CD tile length to 2
    Level 4: Decreases the damage done to the teammate to 4% of their health
    Level 5: Decreases the CD tile length to 1

redflag.png Knockout Blow - 9 redtile.png
    Utilizing the powers of (Carol Danvers/Wonder Man) that still reside within her, Rogue unleashes a devastating punch to an enemy. Deals 493 damage to the enemy and stuns them for 2 rounds.

Level 2: Increases the damage dealt to 657.
    Level 3: Increases the stun duration to 3 rounds.
    Level 4: Increases the damage dealt to 821.
    Level 5: Increases the stun duration to 4 rounds
  • The hard part about the time travel aspect is finding a way that fits with the game. If we're just going for fun tho, it would be cool to have an ability that lets us "restart" the match...

Let's Try This Again: X character travels back to the beginning of the fight to try and change the future. True Heal all characters on both sides to full and drains all AP from both sides. At higher levels the time traveler learns from their mistakes and AP drain is reduced for his side and/or healing reduced for the other side.

From an ability standpoint, however, timetravel is more an background for the characters and not a common ability they use at will (Except some versions of Cable) and would then be better represented as some kind of "Knowledge of the future" themed ability than a more "time travel" type one. That's why I thought a Life of the Party-esque ability would fit. He knew X character was going to be downed and came back to save them and it would feed well into the other abilities

Here, let me eat that blast for you and send it right back at them...would be fun, I think, even tho they are similar to existing powers
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How about passive that delays the effect of enemy abilities?

So lets say the enemy uses CoTS. The target team will take no damage, but instead an enemy CD tile would be created. If the CD tile resolves, any damage that CoTS would have done is dealt.

For balance, you could make it work like Redwing where there is a minimum AP requirement, but consumes it if the passive is triggered.