What Marvel character are you hoping for? (post movesets)

Options

Comments

• ErikPeter wrote:
    Black is insanely broken, even at Rank 1. I like the idea of a rank 1, countdown-mitigating power, and passively stealing AP when using powers is cool, but considering the first interaction off the top of my head (Gamora's Red)... Attack, get more Red, Attack again. You'd be able to double up on almost every power in the late game (once the enemy has some AP stored up)... The numbers are tinykitty insane; if it stole 3 AP at max rank it would still be one of the best passives in the game. Especially with the CD conversion.

That's fair. Now that you mention it, it seems I did get a bit carried away. I wanted a skill that countered enemy countdown tiles, but obviously this is useless when up against characters that don't use them. How about: converts an enemy countdown tile to a friendly countdown tile with the same effect. If yhere are no countdown tiles, steals AP of the enemy's strongest colour.
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    pva1974 wrote:
    I'm terrible at the move set numbers.
    But a 4 star spiderman could be a black suit spider.

Could one of you pros dress up the suggestion for me.?
    thanks

How about this?

Spiderman (Web of Spiderman)

Sling Sting (12 black)
    Creates a random black trap tile. Stuns target 1 turn and deals XXX damage when destroyed by enemy. If you destroy this tile, deals XXX damage to target and it changes locations. Enemies cannot see the tile.
    Creates a random black trap tile. Stuns target 1 turn and deals XXX damage when destroyed by enemy. If you destroy this tile, deals XXX damage to target and it changes locations. Enemies cannot see the tile.
    Creates a random black trap tile. Stuns target 2 turn and deals XXX damage when destroyed by enemy. If you destroy this tile, deals XXX damage to target and it changes locations. Enemies cannot see the tile.
    Creates a random black trap tile. Stuns target 2 turn and deals XXX damage when destroyed by enemy. If you destroy this tile, deals XXX damage to target and it changes locations. Enemies cannot see the tile.
    Creates a random black trap tile. Stuns target 3 turn and deals XXX damage when destroyed by enemy. If you destroy this tile, deals XXX damage to target and it changes locations. Enemies cannot see the tile.

Spider Punch (8 Red)
    Deals XXX damage to target.

Spider Sense (0 blue)
    When there are 3 or less friendly protect tiles on the board, creates a blue XXX protect tile is created.
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Medium health, med-low attack power... meant to be an annoying opponent.

Green Goblin (Classic)

Pumpkin Bombs (8 red)
    Creates a random yellow or red 3 turn countdown tile. Deals XXX damage to target when activated and creates a new Pumpkin Bomb.
    Creates a random yellow or red 3 turn countdown tile. Deals XXX damage to target when activated and creates a new Pumpkin Bomb.
    Creates a random yellow, red or green 3 turn countdown tile. Deals XXX damage to target when activated and creates 2 new Pumpkin Bombs.
    Creates a random yellow, red or green 3 turn countdown tile. Deals XXX damage to target when activated and creates 2 new Pumpkin Bombs.
    Creates a random yellow, red, green or purple 3 turn countdown tile. Deals XXX damage to target when activated and creates 3 new Pumpkin Bombs.

Trick or Treat (12 green)
    Activates a random friendly countdown tile. If there are no friendly countdown tiles, deals XXX damage to target and a Pumpkin Bomb is created.

Razor Bats (0 black)
    At the beginning of every turn, if there are no friendly Attack tiles, create a strength XXX black attack tile.
  • AVALANCHE***
    Rock Trap: 11 Blue
    - Stuns 2 turns, traps 2 tiles, adds defense tile
    - Stuns 2 turns, traps 3 tiles, higher defense
    - Stuns 3 turns, traps 3 tiles, higher defense
    - Stuns 3 turns, traps 5 tiles, higher defense
    - Stuns team 3 turns, traps 6 tiles, higher defense
    Ground Spike: 9 Yellow
    - Deals damage, destroys chosen 3x3 blocks
    - More Damage
    - More Damage
    - More Damage
    - More Damage
    Earthquake: 10 Green
    - Attacks whole enemy team, destroys 10 random tiles (damage for each)
    - More damage, 15 tiles
    - More damage, 20 tiles
    - More damage, 25 tiles
    - More Damage, 30 tiles
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I have been really wanting to see an offensive Spider-Man and wonder why MPQ has not given us an offensive, attacking Spider-Man. I felt that there was no better issue to deal with Peter being a warrior than the Superior Spider-Man, so to me the Spider-Man-Superior/New Amazing Spider-Man was the best fit for a combat ready Peter Parker. Everyone, may I introduce to you: 4-star Spider-Man (Superior).

10z7d5x.jpg29zs8s5.jpg
    Spider-Man (Superior) ****
    Max Level 270
    After swapping minds with Doc Ock and technically dying, Peter Parker comes back to life within his own body and wins control to save the day as the one and only Superior Spider-Man.

blacktile.png*Aggressive Spider-Sense (passive)
    Peter charges into battle with a hero's focus, no longer distracted by juvenile jokes or quips (okay, maybe a little). His renewed purpose and enhanced focus utilize his Spider-Sense to its full potential. Creates one random protect tile and gathers black AP each turn.
    1 Cover: 25 protect strength, 1 black AP
    2 Covers: 50 protect strength, 2 black AP
    3 Covers: 75 protect strength, 2 black AP
    4 Covers: 125 protect strength, 1 black AP
    5 Covers: 50 protect strength, 3 black AP
    For Peter's first power, I wanted to focus on the lessons learned in the mental/astral plane in Superior. We all know Peter Parker could be the deadliest man alive were he to have the focus of, say, Bullseye, or for better example, Captain America; there is no excuse other than laziness or lack of focus (and I'm sure Iron Fist would agree) that Peter's Spider-sense combined with an aware and present Peter should ever allow him to truly take damage except for an extremely devastating situation. The defense tiles are merely a representation of a focused Spider-sense and black AP gain each turn represents Peter collecting information on his opponents during a fight, biding his time to use it against them.

redtile.pngNo More Messing Around 8 AP
    Spider-Man isn't pulling his punches anymore. Strikes one random enemy doing damage, stuns another, and steals AP from the remaining enemy's strongest color. Affect all enemies if team has 30 black AP [and chooses to use a la Deadpool Daily Points Style], stunning Spider-Man for 5 turns to recover (leaves all enemies damaged, stunned, having lost 4 AP in their strongest color). This move generates AP.
    1 Cover: 1,000 damage, 1 turn stun, 1 AP.
    2 Covers: 1,500 damage, 2 turn stun, 2 AP.
    3 Covers: 2,000 damage, 2 turn stun, 2 AP.
    4 Covers: 2,500 damage, 2 turn stun, 3 AP.
    5 Covers: 3,000 damage, 3 turn stun, 4 AP.
    For his red power, I wanted to showcase the fact that Spider-Man should be feared, and that most of the Marvel U is lucky he is a good guy (let's just imagine what would happen if Taskmaster had switched bodies instead). His combat abilities are incredible, and it is typical for him to take on multiple opponents at once, striking one, stunning another, and giving the third guy a web-wedgie. It only seems appropriate that Spider-Man can affect three enemies at once. Furthermore, I also wanted to give Spidey an option to "go all out," but only at the significant cost of 30 whole black AP and being stunned for 5 turns. The idea is for Peter to "Leroy-Jenkins" it, albeit successfully, and in doing so creating an opening for his teammates. For 3,000 simultaneous team damage, 3-turn team stun, and 4 strongest AP stolen from each enemy character, it seems well worth trying to collect 30 Black AP whilst being given 1, 2, or 3 free AP each turn.

purpletile.pngI Am Amazing 6 AP
    Spider-Man? Spider-Man? Does whatever a spider can? Peter leaps into action slinging webs all across the board and creating web tiles wherever he swaps them.
    1 Cover: Swaps 1 tile.
    2 Covers: Swaps 2 tiles (*costs 3 AP more, can still swap 1 tile for 6 AP).
    3 Covers: Swaps 3 tiles (*costs 3 AP more, can still swap 1 or 2 tiles for 6 or 9 AP respectively).
    4 Covers: Swaps 4 tiles (*costs 3 AP more, can still swap 1, 2, or 3 tiles for 6, 9, or 12 AP respectively).
    5 Covers: Swaps 6 tiles (*costs 3 AP more, can still swap 1, 2, 3, or 4 tiles for 6, 9, 12, or 15 AP respectively).
    I wanted to take inspiration from my favorite power in the game, Switcheroo. It's the best power in the game for Spider-Man because he should be throwing tiles all over the place and doing damage. It inspired the "I Am Amazing" ability which primarily represents Peter's strategic ability to use his web and his environment offensively. I also wanted to include the ability to turn tiles to web tiles strictly for Venom's Devour ability. While this may seem unfair, remember that it costs a total of 18 purple AP for one complete devour, and that's considering you swap six tiles all at once--swapping 2 tiles would be a costly 27 purple AP. This is a lengthy process, and could only work because Venom would be protected by Spider-Man's Spider-sense tiles. This also finally makes Venom's Devour viable exclusively for players with Spider-Man (Superior) and just makes it a little more fun for fanboys and girls of the web-head.

Well? Thoughts are appreciated.

All-in-all, folks, this is what I have for an offensive-capable Spider-Man. This is my dream build, so I built it. Not saying it has to happen, just what I would love to see as it properly fits Spider-Man's true, unhindered abilities. So a 4-star Spider-Man (Superior) or at even a 3-star Superior Spider-Man (Doc Ock) to give us that fighting-ready Spider-Man would just be so welcome. So at the very least, D3P, please, please, please someday give us an offensive-capable Spidey? Please? Does someone there have a thing against Columbia Pictures? I know, but we have to let it go: MPQ deserves either an "actual" Amazing Spider-Man or at least the Superior one.

(Having said that, I'm not complaining, and all of the recent updates and changes are incredible--please keep up the great work; we know it's hard; thank you; no rush; but please put it on a sticky note for us, please, please, and thank you.)

Thank you. That is all.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    blacktile.pngWith Great Power (passive)
    Never before have Uncle Ben's words rung so true. With new purpose and greater clarity, Peter charges into battle with a hero's focus. His Spider-Sense creates one random protect tile and gathers black AP each turn.
    1 Cover: 30 protect strength, 1 black AP
    2 Covers: 40 protect strength, 1 black AP
    3 Covers: 50 protect strength, 2 black AP
    4 Covers: 60 protect strength, 2 black AP
    5 Covers: 70 protect strength, 3 black AP

Fine. Cool. Different. But why's it generate black if he doesn't use black? He should have a passive riposte that generates a strike tile called Aggressive / Augmented / Enhanced / Heightened Spider-Sense.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    blacktile.pngWith Great Power (passive)
    Never before have Uncle Ben's words rung so true. With new purpose and greater clarity, Peter charges into battle with a hero's focus. His Spider-Sense creates one random protect tile and gathers black AP each turn.
    1 Cover: 30 protect strength, 1 black AP
    2 Covers: 40 protect strength, 1 black AP
    3 Covers: 50 protect strength, 2 black AP
    4 Covers: 60 protect strength, 2 black AP
    5 Covers: 70 protect strength, 3 black AP

Fine. Cool. Different. But why's it generate black if he doesn't use black? He should have a passive riposte that generates a strike tile called Aggressive / Augmented / Enhanced / Heightened Spider-Sense.

He does use black. Read the red power and it's auxiliary. In addition, the collecting black AP is supposed to represent another aspect of Peter's Spider sense, him "collecting" data has he jumps about the battlefield (that "information" which can be used by him or his teammates). I do also like the idea of Aggressive / Augmented / Enhanced / Etc Spider-Sense creating strike tiles but I felt that would have been too much. After a long enough battle, you could have 10+ defense tiles each with strength 70. Felt like a lose-lose, which ... actually fits fighting Spider-Man. **I've since edited my post to be more complete and balanced, and it should be much easier to read now.
  • ronin_san
    Options
    Wouldn't it just be easier to do a sleight-of-hand that gains AP or something? Or just accrue Red and make the red happen more often?

The 30AP thing is a pipe dream.
  • ronin-san wrote:
    Wouldn't it just be easier to do a sleight-of-hand that gains AP or something? Or just accrue Red and make the red happen more often?

The 30AP thing is a pipe dream.

Apparently you've never accumulated 30 AP? And plus, with 1, 2, or 3 free black AP coming in plus matches every turn, 30 AP might as well just be 15. Y'know, basic math, ya'll. Additionally, the power is clearly set up as a double-effect, serving as an opening combat move or a last-minute desperate finisher. Most teams can survive without using a black AP move. Saving 30 AP could be easy, and using it as a last resort to get out of a pinch is a very reasonable idea. 3,000 damage to all enemies, 3-turn stun to all enemies, and 12 random AP stolen from the enemy team is well worth 30 black AP.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If this is put into the game please send one of each power to the creators (ballbuasaur and shadow1169) if possible

Im freaking dying
  • Sleepwalker would make a great 2 star character. Hell, we need more **s for beginner players.

(Powers at max)

Blue 11 AP- Warp Gaze: Sleepwalker's warp gaze distorts the battefield to his liking. Deals 400 damage to enemy team. Places 3 countdown, 1 1-turn, 1 2-turn, 1 3-turn. 1 turn tile when activated creates a critical tile in a random place on the board. 2 turn saps 5 AP from a random color. 3-turn creates two 44 strength strike tile.

Purple 6 AP- Dead of the Night: Lashes out against unsuspecting prey, dealing 778 damage, 1730 if enemy if stunned

Green passive- Slumber: Stuns enemies that perform a match-4 or more against him. 150% extra match damage against "sleeping" (stunned) enemies.
  • W4LAndre
    W4LAndre Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    This morning a fellow alliance member mentioned that there will probably be an Ant Man released some time in the coming months to coincide with the movie. I played around with some ideas and this is what I came up with. This is my first character build and I'm sure it is far from perfect but I thought I'd put it up to see what others thought and to hear some suggestions.
    I wanted to make him sort of fun with the animations. For Army of Ants I imagine an animation that is sort of a hybrid of DP's Whales and SG's Furry Friends, with different types of ants swarming across the screen at each cover level. I thought this build would be a bit different than most of what is out there with Black, Blue, and Yellow as his colors.
    Please feel free to critique and make suggestions. I tried to set his abilities at a reasonable cost but I could be wrong. I don't see this as a game breaking character but there could be something that I've missed. I haven't been able to sift through the 28 pages of suggestions so if this seems like a rip off of a previously suggested Ant Man, I apologize as I have not seen any other suggested Ant Man build.

Ant Man (Scott Lang)
    3 Star Rarity

At Max Covers: HP: 7650
    Match damage: I'm not entirely sure what the best way to go with this as far as what the order of match damage is for his 3 colors. If someone with more experience balancing match damage wants to take a stab, feel free, these forums are all about sharing ideas with one another after all.

Pym Particles - 12 Yellow AP
    Scott shrinks down to the size of an ant using the Pym Particles in his belt, gaining super strength relative to his size. Places a 2 turn yellow countdown tile on the board, which while active doubles the match damage done by Scott.
    Lvl2: 3 turn countdown tile that doubles Scott's match damage
    Lvl3: costs 1 AP less
    Lvl4: does triple Scott's match damage while active
    Lvl5: 4 turn countdown tile that triples Scott's match damage
    (triple damage might be a little much, especially if you can manage to get some charged tiles on the board, dropping it down from 3x to 2.5x might be more appropriate. Or maybe just sticking with 2x across all covers and increasing the CD.)

Army of Ants - Black 12 AP
    Scott commands an army of carpenter ants to swarm the enemy both biting and spraying acid on the wound. Damages the targeted enemy for 200 and placing a strength 15 attack tile on the board.
    Lvl2: Argentine Ants join the fight, releasing a foul odor as they swarm, also creates a black strength 10 strike tile on the board if one does not already exist.
    Lvl3: Does 335 damage to the targeted enemy.
    Lvl4: Here come the Bullet Ants, stinging the enemy, creating 3 strength 28 attack tiles and 1 black strength 20 strike tile on the board if one does not already exist.
    Lvl5: Fire Ants, coming in hot! Fire ants bite down on the enemy and sting, injecting their venom. Creates 4 strength 45 attack tiles and 1 black strength 50 strike tile if one does not already exist. (the damage scaling on this with leveling is something I'm unsure of as well, if anyone has any recommendations on an appropriate way of doing this, again feel free to make suggestions)

Break in and Steal some Stuff - Blue 11 AP
    Scott does what he does best, for himself. Steals 2 black AP from the enemy team. Being shrunk down to ant size allows him to get away with more. If a Pym Particles countdown tile is on the board, Scott steals an additional 1 black AP.
    Lvl2: Steals 2 black or yellow AP (random), stealing an additional 1 AP (same color) if a Pym Particles countdown tile is on the board.
    Lvl3: Scott may help his teammates, steals 2 black, yellow, or red AP (random), 1 additional AP (same color) if a Pym Particles countdown tile on the board.
    Lvl4: May also steal green at random, with 1 additional AP (same color) if a Pym Particles countdown tile is on the board.
    Lvl5: Steal 2 AP of a chosen color, with 1 additional AP (same color) if a Pym Particles countdown tile is on the board.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not bad for a first attempt! I specced (specked?... spect'?) Ant Man a while back (Page 17) and yours is really different. Even different Ant-Men! So far what you've got is kinda weak and odd, but with tweaking it could be fun as another character who can make a variety of special tiles and steal AP.

I don't know if there's a convention for damage numbers, I think it's totally fine to balance them for level 166 since that's where the character will really be tested on level ground, and there's no clear progression for other powers; Strike tiles roughly triple in strength from 40-166, but Protect tiles become around 7 times stronger. Damage values for different direct damage powers go up really irregularly. (Colossus' Red? Who knows!) Designing for characters at 166 makes it easier to compare to existing ones (because not many players play with fully-covered, level 40 characters).

My primary suggestion to you is, now that there's a whole Speculation and Concepts forum branch, put any future specs in their own post. People are more likely to glance over your stuff there and comment, than they are to return to this old, super-long (albeit stickied) thread.

Here's my specific feedback:
    Pym Particles is generally terrible for how much it costs. Black Panther creates 525 Strength of Strike tiles for 9 Yellow AP, and those boost everyone on your team and stay out until destroyed, not just a measly 4 turns. Still, yours is crazy good if you can manage a crit or two (presumably it multiplies those as well), which probably means it's NOT overcosted, but still... A power that is usually weak but rarely great--and abusable if you can create crits in his match damage colors--is probably a bad idea. I'd suggest a flat bonus instead of the 'tripling' business, or a total rework.

Army of Ants is pretty solid, and way to be creative and bonkers with the theme (individual species of ants!) It shares design space with Summon Demons, Inferno, and Hailstorm. I don't like the "If one does not exist" clause there, since the likelihood of it mattering is low, and I think a player should be rewarded with two if they manage to collect 24 black to activate it twice... Did you have a specific reason to prevent someone from getting 2 good strikes out? Were you thinking, "Captain Marvel is a decent soft counter for Army of Ants"? Anyways, at that cost the strikes and attacks should be pretty strong to be worth it, I'm curious what you intended for 166 levels. I think about 200 for all of them would be pretty good.

His blue, well, as written it sure looks like he spends 11 Blue to steal 2 (or 3) AP. Was it supposed to be cumulative? I'm not quite sure what you were going for but the situational CD is good theme-wise (shrunk, he can steal more). Since spending 11 AP to gain 3 makes no sense, I'm assuming each rank is cumulative; What would the power description look like at rank 5? Remember, they should be simple enough for a paragraph at most.
    I'm pretty sure yours is "Scott does what he does best. Steals 2 AP of a selected color, plus randomly steals 2 Black or Green AP, plus 2 Black, Yellow or Green AP, plus 2 Black, Yellow, Red or Green AP; if a Pym Particles countdown tile is on the board, Scott steals 1 additional AP in each color." Which is crazy hard to read and I actually simplified it a little (!) Plus it's still weirdly weak-ish for an AP-stealing power (though the likelihood you steal a lot of black is pretty nice). Is the extra complexity worth the confusion? Wouldn't "Steal 16 AP in random colors" be roughly the same effect without the headache?

Come to think of it, were your Army of Ants ranks intended to be cumulative as well? i.e. Creating like a dozen tiles at rank 5, not just 5? It would definitely help if you formatted the powers a bit more clearly.
  • ronin_san
    Options
    W4L Andre wrote:
    This morning a fellow alliance member mentioned that there will probably be an Ant Man released some time in the coming months to coincide with the movie. I played around with some ideas and this is what I came up with. This is my first character build and I'm sure it is far from perfect but I thought I'd put it up to see what others thought and to hear some suggestions.
    I wanted to make him sort of fun with the animations. For Army of Ants I imagine an animation that is sort of a hybrid of DP's Whales and SG's Furry Friends, with different types of ants swarming across the screen at each cover level. I thought this build would be a bit different than most of what is out there with Black, Blue, and Yellow as his colors.
    Please feel free to critique and make suggestions. I tried to set his abilities at a reasonable cost but I could be wrong. I don't see this as a game breaking character but there could be something that I've missed. I haven't been able to sift through the 28 pages of suggestions so if this seems like a rip off of a previously suggested Ant Man, I apologize as I have not seen any other suggested Ant Man build.

****! I didn't realize you posted this earlier. I made up an Ant Man tonight and should have just piggy-backed onto your thread. I like your army ants more.
  • W4LAndre
    W4LAndre Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    ErikPeter wrote:
    Not bad for a first attempt! I specced (specked?... spect'?) Ant Man a while back (Page 17) and yours is really different. Even different Ant-Men! So far what you've got is kinda weak and odd, but with tweaking it could be fun as another character who can make a variety of special tiles and steal AP.

I don't know if there's a convention for damage numbers, I think it's totally fine to balance them for level 166 since that's where the character will really be tested on level ground, and there's no clear progression for other powers; Strike tiles roughly triple in strength from 40-166, but Protect tiles become around 7 times stronger. Damage values for different direct damage powers go up really irregularly. (Colossus' Red? Who knows!) Designing for characters at 166 makes it easier to compare to existing ones (because not many players play with fully-covered, level 40 characters).

My primary suggestion to you is, now that there's a whole Speculation and Concepts forum branch, put any future specs in their own post. People are more likely to glance over your stuff there and comment, than they are to return to this old, super-long (albeit stickied) thread.

Here's my specific feedback:
    Pym Particles is generally terrible for how much it costs. Black Panther creates 525 Strength of Strike tiles for 9 Yellow AP, and those boost everyone on your team and stay out until destroyed, not just a measly 4 turns. Still, yours is crazy good if you can manage a crit or two (presumably it multiplies those as well), which probably means it's NOT overcosted, but still... A power that is usually weak but rarely great--and abusable if you can create crits in his match damage colors--is probably a bad idea. I'd suggest a flat bonus instead of the 'tripling' business, or a total rework.

Army of Ants is pretty solid, and way to be creative and bonkers with the theme (individual species of ants!) It shares design space with Summon Demons, Inferno, and Hailstorm. I don't like the "If one does not exist" clause there, since the likelihood of it mattering is low, and I think a player should be rewarded with two if they manage to collect 24 black to activate it twice... Did you have a specific reason to prevent someone from getting 2 good strikes out? Were you thinking, "Captain Marvel is a decent soft counter for Army of Ants"? Anyways, at that cost the strikes and attacks should be pretty strong to be worth it, I'm curious what you intended for 166 levels. I think about 200 for all of them would be pretty good.

His blue, well, as written it sure looks like he spends 11 Blue to steal 2 (or 3) AP. Was it supposed to be cumulative? I'm not quite sure what you were going for but the situational CD is good theme-wise (shrunk, he can steal more). Since spending 11 AP to gain 3 makes no sense, I'm assuming each rank is cumulative; What would the power description look like at rank 5? Remember, they should be simple enough for a paragraph at most.
    I'm pretty sure yours is "Scott does what he does best. Steals 2 AP of a selected color, plus randomly steals 2 Black or Green AP, plus 2 Black, Yellow or Green AP, plus 2 Black, Yellow, Red or Green AP; if a Pym Particles countdown tile is on the board, Scott steals 1 additional AP in each color." Which is crazy hard to read and I actually simplified it a little (!) Plus it's still weirdly weak-ish for an AP-stealing power (though the likelihood you steal a lot of black is pretty nice). Is the extra complexity worth the confusion? Wouldn't "Steal 16 AP in random colors" be roughly the same effect without the headache?

Come to think of it, were your Army of Ants ranks intended to be cumulative as well? i.e. Creating like a dozen tiles at rank 5, not just 5? It would definitely help if you formatted the powers a bit more clearly.

First, thanks for the feedback. I appreciate having other sets of eyes on this build as you have pointed out multiple things that I didn’t think of.
    My overall mindset for this build was to go in conservative and make him stronger through feedback. When I came up with Pym Particles, I didn't consider Black Panther as comparable, my reason being that Black Panther is a leader and a warrior, where Scott is a pretty regular guy who is a thief and so on. Regardless, you are right that at that cost, BP would be the go to all day. My idea here was to play off of Ant Man's increased proportional strength when he is small. From the beginning I thought that tripling thing may be a bit off, I'm glad that it seemed strange to others as well. A flat 2x match damage while small would probably be more appropriate. Do you think that at higher cover levels the countdown should increase and cost should decrease? This move's boost to "Steal some stuff" added value to it in my mind so I didn't want to overdo it on its own.

I also intended Army to be cumulative; I really should have specified that. The "if one doesn't already exist" clause was again just me being conservative. I didn't want to see it be an overpowered way to spam the board but as it is written it seems a bit off, I agree. There is nothing wrong with there being multiple strikes My thinking was more ants, more of an annoyance, with each new type bringing something to the party. As far as strength goes, something in the neighborhood of 200 at max cover/level for the special tiles seems reasonable. I appreciate the suggestion here since I don’t quite have a great grasp on how that works. The damage itself was something I wasn’t entirely sure of either. I wanted him to have some offensive capability so he isn’t strictly support like Spiderman and Falcon, but I didn’t want to overdo it to where it would be a one shot kind of thing, (my ultra conservative approach strikes again). Maybe at max cover/level, the damage done from the attack could be somewhere in the ~1000-1500 range. That could go a little higher if it seems low. I'm just not wanting to overdo it.

I like your rewording for "steal some stuff". I completely get how that could be difficult to understand. When I was writing this up I was just letting things flow and it definitely got wordy. Again, I tried to be pretty conservative when I did this. I figured that it would be better, and most likely easier to aim low and then sort of rework it by making him stronger. The last thing I would want to see on these forums is more talk of nerfing, albeit it hypothetical nerfing of a hypothetical build for a character that isn't even in the game icon_lol.gif
    I did intend it to be cumulative, drawing from an increasing range of colors, I should have specified it. You're right that the way it sounds as I wrote it seems off. Your idea of 16 random is an interesting take on it, I didn't consider that but it would simplify things immensely. My goal with this move was to sort of allow Scott to become more helpful to his team as he gets more experience being a part of a team (obtaining more covers). The idea of choosing what to steal sounded cool to me, but I didn’t think that the choosing aspect becomes useless on defense with the AI doing the choosing. A random steal from an increasing pool seems to be a simpler way to go about that.

Thanks again for the feedback and suggestions. I really like the constructive discussion aspect of this and it is a welcome change from the usual things that people talk about nowadays. Any more feedback is certainly welcomed.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Black Bolt
    normal health

Sonic Scream
    Black - 25 AP
    Instantly down the enemy team. Also does damage to your teammates.
    1: kills teammates.
    2: 50% damage to teammates.
    3: 25% damage.
    4: 10% damage.
    5: no teammate damage.

Master Blow
    Red - 12 AP
    Direct damage and attack tile. Stuns BB for 2 turns.
    levels add damage and attack strength

Lockjaw
    Yellow - Passive
    Create a Lockjaw trap on a yellow tile if none exist. When matched by either team, teleport Lockjaw to another yellow tile and add a strike tile to the board.
    levels increase strength of strike tile. levels 4-5 add direct damage on trap match.
  • hawkeyeguy99
    hawkeyeguy99 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'd like to see characters that are more or less designed to work with each other. For instance a 3 star Hawkeye and 3 star Trickshot and complement each other well. Hawkeye provides temporary healing and causes massive damage if he has good targets, Trickshot sets up targets and generates AP for the team. These are basic ideas which could easily be OP. Damage isn't scaled at all, just enough to get the idea of leveling the covers. Would really love to see these characters added regardless!!

3* [Clint Barton] Hawkeye

Red: Precise Shot - 8 AP Hawkeye's aim is uncanny. He hits his target with deadly accuracy. Damages enemy for 350 damage. If there are targeted locations on the board does an extra 240 damage for every target and removes all of them.

2 covers - 560 base damage
    3 covers - bonus 320 damage per target
    4 covers - 780 base damage
    5 covers - 1200 base damage, bonus 560 per target

Blue: Leadership - (passive) Clint's leadership abilities inspire the team to survive the battle. At the beginning of every turn, heals the team for 68.

2 covers - heals for 112
    3 covers - heals for 256
    4 covers - heals for 345 and places a strength 10 protect tile (maximum of 10)
    5 covers - heals for 454 and places 2 strength 13 protect tiles.

Pink: Boomerang Shot - 11 AP
    Using his new trick arrow, Hawkeye fools the enemy team into thinking he missed. Damages the enemy team for 89 and places a 4 turn countdown tile that damages the enemy team for a bonus 560. Turns to activate is reduced by one for every 2 targeted locations in play (maximum 3 turns)

2 covers - base damage 120, bonus damage 612
    3 covers - base damage 340, bonus damage 865
    4 covers - countdown is reduced by 1 for every target tile on board (maximum 3 turns), bonus damage 1134
    5 covers - base damage 532, bonus damage 1756

3* [Barney Barton] Trickshot

Green: Call out - 6 AP Barney calls out his enemie's location, targeting his next attack. Places 3 targeted tile locations that when matched upon, do a bonus 254 damage per match. Targeted locations cannot be moved or destroyed.

2 covers - each match does 575 bonus damage
    3 covers - place 5 targeted locations
    4 covers - each match does 710 bonus damage
    5 covers - places 6 targets, each match does 1024 bonus damage

Black: Change of Heart - 5 AP Trickshot sacrifices himself for the good of the team. Damages Trickshot for 240 and destroys basic tiles in a 3x3 section of the board, not dealing damage but earning AP.

2 covers - damages Trickshot for 368 and destroys the basic tiles in a 4x4 section of the board.
    3 covers - damages Trickshot for 563 and destroys basic and team up tiles in 2 3x3 sections of the board.
    4 covers - damages Trickshot for 740 and destroys all tiles in 2 3x3 sections of the board.
    5 covers - damages Trickshot for 1187 and destroys all tiles in 2 4x4 sections of the board.

Yellow: Retaliation - 8 AP Barney can take a hit but gets back up with more fury which causes him to lose focus. Places a 3 turn countdown tile. While in play, damage to Barney is reduced by 50, each time he is damaged he places a strength 15 strike tile, and each turn a target location is removed from the board (if one exists)

2 covers - reduces damage by 68, places strength 35 strike tile
    3 covers - lasts for 4 turns
    4 covers - reduces damage by 89, places strength 54 strike tile
    5 covers - lasts for 5 turns, reduces damage by 126, places stench 89 strike tile
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Neat idea, but I think you need to give Clint a way to make targeted locations by himself (even if it's pretty limited) so he can sometimes get his bonus damage if the player isn't fielding both characters. The passive heal every turn is crazy. I think the limit for that should be around half (or at most equal to) the value of Cage's protect tile. And Trickshot's powers are too cheap. Gaining 32 AP for 5 black??
  • hawkeyeguy99
    hawkeyeguy99 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I see your point. Yeah, Trickshot's Change of Heart is OP. As I made the movesets, some of them seem underpowered (Like boomerang) and others seem a little OP. Trickshot's target ability would need to be limited. For instance, there can never be more than 6 target tiles on the board, ever. That way you cant have all of your matches doing the bonus damage and it encourages you to use powers that get rid of targets so you can fill the board back up again. Overall, I think with work the powers can really be unique and add a new level of play without being OP.
  • Unknown
    Options
    A.K.A. Jessica Jones

Please note: I'm basing this character idea off the other two "Heroes for Hire" already out there, because I think that they really should be used as a team. I hope you all like the idea.

Powerhouse: Yellow passive
    Jessica Jones, with enough strength to lift a car, brings in the muscle. At the beginning of every turn, if there are no friendly Strike tiles, create a strength 46 Yellow Strike tile. (356 at max level)

Flying Smash: Red (12 AP)
    Jessica Jones soars into the air to gain momentum, and then flies down, bashing the enemy and knocking her foe senseless. Deals 378 damage and stuns the enemy for one turn. If there is at least one friendly Strike, Protect, and Attack tile on the field, she smashes them with the force of her blow, dealing an additional 180 damage to the entire enemy team. (3684 damage, + 2475 team damage at max level)

Keen Eye: Blue (5 AP)

Through her illustrious careers as a private detective and journalist, as well as her skills in raising her own children, Jessica is able to know how to inspire her fellow heroes to do better, while also figuring out the best way to weaken her opponents. Jessica improves the strength of 3 friendly Attack, Protect, or Strength tiles by 25 and converts any one enemy special tile into a basic tile. (improves tiles by 155 at max level)

Any advice, improvements, or comments would be very appreciated. Also, if you think this is a good character idea, help us get her made! icon_e_biggrin.gif