What Marvel character are you hoping for? (post movesets)

Options

Comments

• the travelling powers could simply work like Elektra black, stopping the act damage, maybe make it backfire
    Its an interesting concept, although i see more Cable as a time traveller and Bishop like some kind of energy protector
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Xiphoen wrote:
    Rogue - Max HP 8500, Color Priority blacktile.pngpurpletile.pngredtile.png

blackflag.png Draining Grasp - 10 blacktile.png
    Rogue drains the life force of one of her opponents, stealing resources over time. However, if she holds on for too long, it can backfire on herself. Creates a 3 Turn CD tile that steals 1AP from the enemy team's strongest color and deals 60 damage to the enemy. If the CD tile activates, it stuns Rogue for 2 turns and deals 10% of her health as damage to her.

Level 2: Increases the AP stolen to 2 AP per turn and the damage to 71
    Level 3: Decreases the damage done to 7% of Rogue's health if the CD tile expires
    Level 4: Increases the AP stolen to 3 AP per turn and the damage to 104 per turn
    Level 5: Decreases the damage done to 5% of Rogue's health if the CD tile expires as well as lowering the duration of the stun effect to 1 round.

purpleflag.png A Moment in Their Shoes - 13 purpletile.png
    Rogue briefly touches one of her allies, allowing her to use one of their abilities to combat the enemy team. She deals 6% of the teammate's health as damage to a selected teammate and creates a 3 turn CD tile that activates one of their abilities.

Level 2: Decreases the damage done to the teammate to 5% of their health
    Level 3: Decreases the CD tile length to 2
    Level 4: Decreases the damage done to the teammate to 4% of their health
    Level 5: Decreases the CD tile length to 1

redflag.png Knockout Blow - 9 redtile.png
    Utilizing the powers of (Carol Danvers/Wonder Man) that still reside within her, Rogue unleashes a devastating punch to an enemy. Deals 493 damage to the enemy and stuns them for 2 rounds.

Level 2: Increases the damage dealt to 657.
    Level 3: Increases the stun duration to 3 rounds.
    Level 4: Increases the damage dealt to 821.
    Level 5: Increases the stun duration to 4 rounds

I think she should be Green, Yellow, Black. Maaaybe Green, Purple, Yellow.

I submit these covers for Aesthetocyst's consideration.

Rogue_Vol_3_7.jpg

1102413.jpg
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Xiphoen wrote:
    Rogue - Max HP 8500, Color Priority blacktile.pngpurpletile.pngredtile.png
    blackflag.png Draining Grasp - 10 blacktile.png
    Rogue drains the life force of one of her opponents, stealing resources over time. However, if she holds on for too long, it can backfire on herself. Creates a 3 Turn CD tile that steals 3AP from the enemy team's strongest color and deals 104 damage to the enemy. If the CD tile activates, it stuns Rogue for 1 turn and deals 5% of her health as damage to her.
    purpleflag.png A Moment in Their Shoes - 13 purpletile.png
    Rogue briefly touches one of her allies, allowing her to use one of their abilities to combat the enemy team. She deals 4% of the teammate's health as damage to a selected teammate and creates a 1 turn CD tile that activates one of their abilities.
    redflag.png Knockout Blow - 9 redtile.png
    Utilizing the powers of (Carol Danvers/Wonder Man) that still reside within her, Rogue unleashes a devastating punch to an enemy. Deals 821 damage to the enemy and stuns them for 4 rounds.
    (Rank 5 powers shown in quote)
    I think your idea could use a rework. I've specced Rogue a couple times, never 100% satisfied with the results, but the Rogue you've created here is a shadow of what she should be. Rogue is fast, and strong, and drains life. I think this one would end up stunned and damaging herself and teammates all the time.

Draining Grasp is almost identical to Blade's Nightstalker, but is more expensive, deals less damage, only lasts 3 turns, and stuns Rogue if fully effective. Wow.
    A Moment in their Shoes is really similar to Colossus' Fastball Special... But deals no damage and is easily disrupted by destroying the countdown, meaning you just spent 13 AP to hurt your ally.
    Knockout Blow is fine conceptually, but the numbers look a little too low. Capt. Marvel's equivalent Hypersonic Punch does 2500 with a 2-turn stun (and creates an enemy Strike tile). 2 more turns of Stun is powerful, so maybe 1500-1800? But honestly this one could be balanced (4 turn stun plus damage at 3* is very good.)

I think you should emphasize Rogue's strengths more, instead of her drawbacks.

Since "Gloves Off" Rogue is incredibly dangerous to helpless/distracted foes, perhaps Draining Grasp could deal tons of damage to stunned enemies, setting up a good synergy with Knockout Blow and other stunners. You'd have to make sure the damage is immediate, or that clause would be less useful for the AI (since the player's stunned characters fall behind the line.) If you really want to keep the "3 turns, then done", feature (which would help differentiate it from Nightstalker), the CD should drain at least 8 AP in different colors per turn. Original Black Widow steals up to 15 AP, immediately, for 8 AP. Why should Rogue only get 9 AP at a cost of 10, and then only if the countdown stays out (threatening to stun her)?

A Moment in Their Shoes has different issues. Mostly, it's a purely weaker version of the statistically least-used power in MPQ. Say she targets Grey Suit Widow. 13 purpletile.png for a free Sniper Rifle is pretty good, but GSW already almost has that ability for 9 purpletile.png , and you might activate Pistol instead. I think it would be way cooler, and different, if it simply damaged your ally and generated 6/7/8/9/11 AP in their strongest color--vastly ramping up certain expensive attacks (and totally worth 13 Purple).
  • At this point does it really matter what skills they have or what character that comes out? They'll probably get Nerfed anyway..
  • For Bishop, I would like to see something like:
    9 purpletile.pngTime Displacement Restarts the game, but with all characters at their current health levels. Basically puts up a new board, with all special and countdown tiles gone. For higher levels you could add burst healing or some protect or strike tiles because reasons (Bishop has more future knowledge than the other chara) I don't think it's all that powerful, but could be kinda fun, especially against goons.
  • Sorry, AlexRaven, didn't see your post. Similar idea!
  • No worries. Great minds think alike. icon_e_smile.gif
  • ErikPeter
    Options
    How does Bamf! work? Does it create a trap tile like Elektra? A long CD? The way it's worded it sounds like a 6 AP passive, which could work (e.g. it activates only if you have enough purple to spend on it), but should be explained in the power description; also that could be really strong. Lower damage threshold actually makes it easier for the enemy to pick away at your AP then wipe him out with a big hit. Say I'm attacking with 3* Thor--at rank 5 I could Mjolnir's might first, popping the Bamf, then follow it up with a CtS. At rank 1, Might wouldn't do enough pop the bamf, protecting him from the bigger, deadiler hit. Either way you're mostly going to have to rely on match damage to bring him down, which would be annoying. I also don't get what's going on with prehensile tail.. it deals damage and generates AP but doesn't destroy the tile, right?

You've got some interesting ideas but the second two don't scream Nightcrawler to me. I guess I prefer deeper internal combos. It would be interesting to see the effect of cheap AP denial. His blue would probably cascade well and set the enemy back a couple matches. No idea how powerful his Tail would be but it sure would be unique...
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The red power, Prehensile Tail, has cost in blue at levels 2-5. And it goes 5-8-7-9? Is that a typo or... ?
    I really liked the idea for the power, though. Definitely would be unique. Maybe make it a CD tile that swirls surrounding tiles each turn dealing damage and/or gathering AP? Similar in effect to Squirrel Girl's green, kinda. But it looks to me more like a power Storm (or someone else that can manipulate elements or something) would have.
  • ronin_san
    Options
    If we're doing Swashbuckler Nightcrawler, then he needs Hawkeye's old purple that passively ripostes match damage when match damage is done to him.

It's sort of a counter-attack ala OBW that could really nicely stack with strike tiles. And if you don't overpower him down, he ripostes you to death. QUICKLY.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Merged Bishop + Cable topic here as it discusses movesets.
  • ErikPeter
    Options
    This is my first 4* spec, I wanted Scarlet Witch to be really powerful and different, and not just huge burst damage. I wouldn't call her a support character but she alters the state of the game in favor of her team. You could go almost any direction with her powers to change probability and jinx opponents, so I focused on her role as a magical nexus thematically, and the color red mechanically.

Chaos Magic blows up the board when you collect a lot of red, and Alter Reality makes it cheap to turn some of the board red, so I did some testing with Turul's simulator to see if Alter Reality + Chaos Magic would be too ridiculous. It turns out getting 24 AP isn't as easy as you'd worry (but of course would need some good QA). Since Alter Reality becomes more expensive as you fill up, it's best to use it for around 10 AP (on the most plentiful color), hopefully cascade a little, and then collect matches to try to reach the eruption threshold. Sort of a 4* Grey Suit Widow, but stronger on defense as she'd be much harder to starve for Red AP (since the fewer red tiles there are, the cheaper it is to Alter Reality). npxo

All the damage numbers below are at level 270, so if they seem a bit ridiculous... Just soften them a bit with your imagination. I'm more attached with the spirit of the powers than the specific rank advancements.

Scarlet Witch star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    b6_14411_0_TheAvengers199770TheGreatEscap.jpg
    HP 10960 (@270) Match Priority blacktile.png / purpletile.png / redtile.png

blackflag.pngChaos Magic (PASSIVE)
      The Scarlet Witch acts as a nexus for Earth's magical energy. If your team's Red AP total reaches 30, her power erupts instantly, unleashing a devastating cosmic ripple, destroying all Red tiles, draining your team's Red AP and dealing 206 damage per AP spent (6180 total) damage to the enemy team.
    Rank 2: The eruption now deals 260 damage per tile destroyed to the current target.
    Rank 3: The eruption also drains the enemy team's Red AP. The target takes 340 damage per tile destroyed.
    Rank 4: The eruption now occurs when your Red AP total reaches 24 or higher.
    Rank 5: Deals 340 damage per AP spent (maximum 10200).

purpleflag.pngHex Bolt Cost 7 purpletile.png
    The demon Cthon imbued the Scarlet Witch with a control of magic that can unravel the cosmos and put fortune in her favor. Deals 340 damage to the target, and changes the color of one selected non-Team-Up tile to Red. If the selected tile is a Countdown tile, increase that Countdown by 1.
      Rank 2: Deals 800 damage. If the selected tile is an enemy Attack, Protect, or Strike tile, reduce that tile's strength to 1. Increase a Countdown on the selected tile by 2.
      Rank 3: Deals 1240 damage. Increase a Countdown on the selected tile by 3.
      Rank 4: Deals 1900 damage. If the selected tile is a friendly Attack, Protect or Strike tile, increase that tile's strength by 300. Increase a Countdown on the selected tile by 4.
      Rank 5: Deals 2612 damage. A friendly tile's strength is increased by 400, or a Countdown by 5.

redflag.pngAlter Reality Cost (Varies) redtile.png
      Scarlet Witch alters the fabric of the cosmos, shifting the destiny of all living beings. Selects one Blue, Green, or Yellow tile, and changes all tiles of that color to Red. Costs 1 redtile.png AP for each Red tile on the board (Minimum 8).
        Rank 2: Minimum AP cost is reduced to 5.
        Rank 3: Targets any non-Red, non-Team-Up tile.
        Rank 4: Minimum AP cost is reduced to 0.
        Rank 5: AP cost is reduced by 2 (to a minimum of 0).
      • Pwuz_
        Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
        Options
        Interesting, but a few tweaks could make her more playable.
        ErikPeter wrote:
          The Scarlet Witch acts as a nexus for Earth's magical energy. If your team's Red AP total reaches 30, her power erupts instantly, unleashing a devastating cosmic ripple, destroying all Red tiles, draining your team's Red AP and dealing 206 damage per AP spent (6180 total) damage to the enemy team.
        Rank 2: The eruption now deals 260 damage per tile destroyed to the current target.
        Rank 3: The eruption also drains the enemy team's Red AP. The target takes 340 damage per tile destroyed.
        Rank 4: The eruption now occurs when your Red AP total reaches 24 or higher.
        Rank 5: Deals 340 damage per AP spent (maximum 10200).
        I think this could better work as a Red ability that increases in damage based on how much AP you have stored like Ares Onslaught. Perhaps giving it a minimum cost of 14 or so considering the potential for board shake up.
        Level 1: Drains her team's Red AP, destroys up to 8 Red tiles, dealing x damage for each AP drained for with the destruction of each tile.
        Level 2: Destroys up to 10 Red tiles.
        Level 3: Destroys all Red tiles on the board.
        Level 4: Drains both team's Red AP, using the combined totals for damage.
        Level 5: Deals damage to entire enemy team.
        ErikPeter wrote:
        The demon Cthon imbued the Scarlet Witch with a control of magic that can unravel the cosmos and put fortune in her favor. Deals 340 damage to the target, and changes the color of one selected non-Team-Up tile to Red. If the selected tile is a Countdown tile, increase that Countdown by 1.
          Rank 2: Deals 800 damage. If the selected tile is an enemy Attack, Protect, or Strike tile, reduce that tile's strength to 1. Increase a Countdown on the selected tile by 2.
          Rank 3: Deals 1240 damage. Increase a Countdown on the selected tile by 3.
          Rank 4: Deals 1900 damage. If the selected tile is a friendly Attack, Protect or Strike tile, increase that tile's strength by 300. Increase a Countdown on the selected tile by 4.
          Rank 5: Deals 2612 damage. A friendly tile's strength is increased by 400, or a Countdown by 5.
          Weird...a bit cheap for an easy selected shut down on ANY opposing special tiles, and a weird discrepancy between shutting down a selected special tile and just increasing countdown tiles. Perhaps if it just decreased enemy special tile effects by a set amount like how it later increases friendly tiles. Also that damage seems a bit high for such a low AP cost, unless those numbers are intended as max level damage. How about:
          Level 1: Deals damage & changes one basic tile to red.
          Level 2: Can change Strike tiles. Boosts friendly tiles/ decreases enemy tiles by a set amount.
          Level 3: Can change Protect tiles.
          Level 4: Can change Attack tiles.
          Level 5: Can change 2 tiles.
          Damage, buffs, and debuffs should increase along with the covers as well.
          ErikPeter wrote:
          Scarlet Witch alters the fabric of the cosmos, shifting the destiny of all living beings. Selects one Blue, Green, or Yellow tile, and changes all tiles of that color to Red. Costs 1 redtile.png AP for each Red tile on the board (Minimum 8).
            Rank 2: Minimum AP cost is reduced to 5.
            Rank 3: Targets any non-Red, non-Team-Up tile.
            Rank 4: Minimum AP cost is reduced to 0.
            Rank 5: AP cost is reduced by 2 (to a minimum of 0).

This would work better as her Black power considering the change I suggested to Chaos Magic. Also the variable cost is a bit off. Probably better as a set cost like Doom's Blue, how about 12 since the potential uses are greater. Have the levels stagger adding colors like C.Hawk's purple.
            Level 1: Transforms all Basic tiles of a selected type into Red tiles. Can choose either Purple or Black tiles to transform.
            Level 2: Can also choose Green tiles.
            Level 3: Can also choose Yellow Tiles.
            Level 4: Can also choose Blue Tiles.
            Level 5: Can also choose Team Up tiles.
          • Spider-Man 2099 ===> **** Spider Man ****

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... an2099.jpg

Swaperoo = Swaps or Moves ==> Apps/Tiles (From 2-** Spidey = Bagman)
            Healer (Heals from 3-*** Amazing Spidey)
            Disassembler (All New Skill) = Breaks or disolves all countdown tiles at five covers

You can not beat that.
          • ronin_san
            Options
            StevenDoS wrote:
            Spider-Man 2099 ===> **** Spider Man ****

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... an2099.jpg

Swaperoo = Swaps or Moves ==> Apps/Tiles (From 2-** Spidey = Bagman)
            Healer (Heals from 3-*** Amazing Spidey)
            Disassembler (All New Skill) = Breaks or disolves all countdown tiles at five covers

You can not beat that.

****. Needs an attack. BADLY. I'm sick of Spider-Men in this game having zero offensive abilities. Give him a passive dodge eg Hawkeye and call it heightened spider-sense. Give him a web bullets attack that does dmg and a claw swipe because his fingers, unlike Peter Parker modern, are very pointy and sharp. See first issue Spider-Man 2099. He cuts a guy's face by sort-of slapping a guy.
          • Dear Robin-Sam:

He does his third skill can be an offensive one that retaliates with damage when the special, attack, countdown timers and others are on the board. The more there are the more damage they do.

No problem. I have no problem have an offensive skill but he should be more helpful to the team that previous versions though.

Sincerely,

StevenDoS
            SDS
          • ronin_san
            Options
            Dear phtebenBod.

I appreciate the rebuttal. My issue w/ Spider-Man is more that they haven't given 2 different takes on him a genuine attack, not so much your character creation.

Cheerio,

Moi.
          • ronin-san wrote:
            Dear phtebenBod.

I appreciate the rebuttal. My issue w/ Spider-Man is more that they haven't given 2 different takes on him a genuine attack, not so much your character creation.

Cheerio,

Moi.

Dear Ronin-San or Phtebenbod:

I am sorry for using the wrong name on you.

Robin-San rather than Ronin-San.

My apology. icon_e_sad.gif

Sincerely,

StevenDoS
            SDS
          • ErikPeter
            Options
            Pwuz_ wrote:
            Interesting, but a few tweaks could make her more playable.
            I respectfully disagree. Your proposed changes might flatten her powers and make her more comparable to other characters, but in my opinion would make her a lot less usable/desirable. You also seemed set on incremental rank improvements that make her powers more in line with 3-star designs (and, say, IW), crippling her at lower levels. More specific comments below.
            Pwuz_ wrote:
            ErikPeter wrote:
              The Scarlet Witch acts as a nexus for Earth's magical energy. If your team's Red AP total reaches 24, her power erupts instantly, unleashing a devastating cosmic ripple, destroying all Red tiles, draining both team's Red AP and dealing 340 damage per AP spent damage to the enemy team. The target takes 340 damage per tile destroyed.
            I think this could better work as a Red ability that increases in damage based on how much AP you have stored like Ares Onslaught. Perhaps giving it a minimum cost of 14 or so considering the potential for board shake up.
            Level 1: Drains her team's Red AP, destroys up to 8 Red tiles, dealing x damage for each AP drained for with the destruction of each tile.
            Level 2: Destroys up to 10 Red tiles. Level 3: Destroys all Red tiles on the board. Level 4: Drains both team's Red AP, using the combined totals for damage. Level 5: Deals damage to entire enemy team.
            Both iterations end up being Surgical Supernova on steroids... But team damage coming at rank 5 seriously **** her for everyone but the 1%, and otherwise it's just "Surgical Strike, in Red. With maybe higher cost and more damage." Your suggestion did make me rethink the activation threshold when combined with my version of Alter Reality--to provide a better threat from the AI I probably want to lower it to the mid-teens, and have it trigger at turn's end. But that's more about the interaction with Alter Reality's scaling cost. (See below).
            Pwuz_ wrote:
            ErikPeter wrote:
              The demon Cthon imbued the Scarlet Witch with a control of magic that can unravel the cosmos and put fortune in her favor. Deals 2612 damage to the target, and modifies one selected non-Team-Up tile, changing its color to Red: If the selected tile is a Countdown tile, increase that Countdown by 5; Reduce an Enemy Attack, Protect, or Strike tile's strength to 1; or Increase a friendly Attack, Protect or Strike tile's strength by 400.
            Weird...a bit cheap for an easy selected shut down on ANY opposing special tiles, and a weird discrepancy between shutting down a selected special tile and just increasing countdown tiles. Perhaps if it just decreased enemy special tile effects by a set amount like how it later increases friendly tiles. Also that damage seems a bit high for such a low AP cost, unless those numbers are intended as max level damage. How about:
            Level 1: Deals damage & changes one basic tile to red. Level 2: Can change Strike tiles. Boosts friendly tiles/ decreases enemy tiles by a set amount. Level 3: Can change Protect tiles. Level 4: Can change Attack tiles. Level 5: Can change 2 tiles.
            Damage, buffs, and debuffs should increase along with the covers as well.
            As mentioned, I had originally been aiming at level 270 damage (but take the numbers with a grain of salt.) Your suggested changes aren't any cleaner and I feel you got rid of the most interesting use of the power: Adding to CDs. Currently only Bag-Man has combo ability with beneficial friendly CDs like Star-Lord's, Immovable Object, Shapeshift. Again, spreading out what tiles it can effect at each rank makes rank 3+ incredibly lackluster unless the set amount is much higher than I suggested here--how often does an Attack or Protect tile (or 2) make the difference between victory and defeat?

Anyway the power is primarily cheap single target damage and the rest was intended to be mostly flavor; her abilities jinx the opponent to get the upper hand, so I considered not even making it affect friendly protect tiles, but did so for consistency. The best perk, besides damage (and maybe some Red AP matching), would be boosting/lowering the ugliest Strike tiles, which you give at Rank 2.
            Pwuz_ wrote:
            ErikPeter wrote:
              Scarlet Witch alters the fabric of the cosmos, shifting the destiny of all living beings. Selects one non-Red, non-Team-Up tile, and changes all tiles of that color to Red. Costs 1
            redtile.png AP for each Red tile on the board, minus 2 (to a minimum of 0).
            This would work better as her Black power considering the change I suggested to Chaos Magic. Also the variable cost is a bit off. Probably better as a set cost like Doom's Blue, how about 12 since the potential uses are greater. Have the levels stagger adding colors like C.Hawk's purple.
            Level 1: Transforms all Basic tiles of a selected type into Red tiles. Can choose either Purple or Black (Rank 1) tiles to transform. Levels 2/3/4/5: Affects Green/Yellow/Blue/Team-Up tiles.
            There are already plenty of strong black powers a palette-swapped Technopathic Strike wouldn't compete with (even with the added utility). Making the power cost red and create red tiles was a conscious choice to create an interesting minigame. The player can cheaply deny one color of AP, make a few matches, deny another, and be set up to make some good Red cascades on a now-plentiful color. However, unless the AP cost is very high, or the number of Red AP on the board is very low, that interaction can occasionally explode making Chaos Magic way too easy to trigger. The scaling cost is a neat fix; The higher cost, the more likely it is to create a truckload of AP and a cascade leading to a pile of Red, but usually not enough to cast it again on the same turn (which is where it gets crazy).
            As I mentioned earlier, thanks to your input I realized that to improve the AI's use of it I would probably want to make Chaos Magic's threshold cheaper. Otherwise the AI would Alter Reality whenever it was cheap enough, likely leading to a cycle of Red-gaining cascades turn after turn, which is interesting, but would never store enough for CM's eruption, making that power weaker. So I would probably dip that breakpoint to 18 or 16, which would increase the likelihood of an eruption. Pushing the trigger to the end of turn means gathering additional Red on cascades isn't wasted before all of the board's red explodes.

Spreading the color changes across all 5 ranks like you suggested makes the power more situational/frustrating at lower ranks, e.g. for the majority of players, and makes ranks 4 and 5 seem barely more desirable, even if they technically would improve its effectiveness.
          • ronin_san
            Options
            What do you guys think about a Secret Wars Doom that's greentile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.png ~13k Health.

:Green: Pew Pew lasers from Doom's palms. creates blue charged tiles = number of covers into the ability when fired ~4k DMG.
            ByYVBDD.gif

:Blue: Fury-like traps that stun the enemy when popped, as well as respectable damage. What if they pop in 2x2 squares and have the ability to pop other traps and cause a cascade? maybe it only stuns when fully covered.
            8wfjGHb.jpg This ability makes more sense for Doom than it does for Elektra. Maybe fix Elektra and give Doom his ability back.

:Black: a passive - zero cost doombot eg Luke Cage ability similar to Hood's Dormammu's Aid (but only ever for Doom's abilities - Doom cares not about YOUR wants)
            doombots.jpg
            When enemy abilities or matches are activated, Doom generates x green, x blue.