Greetings From The D3 Community Manager

Options
12345679»

Comments

• loroku wrote:
    But I think what is being discussed is that the tokens are missing several of the characters? That makes no sense at all. I think I read in another thread that you're worried about diluting the pool. Well diluting the pool is nowhere near as bad as never having a chance in the first place. "Diluting the pool" seems like it should be the default option until you come up with something you like better. "Leaving characters out" seems like the worst solution (other than being the simplest).

Am I understanding all this correctly or did I miss something here?

That's right. She-Hulk, and every 3* character added to game since her, have not yet been added to the token pool (which I think makes Lazy Storm the most recent). The devs have commented that they're worried about token pool dilution, but we haven't heard anything since, and that was around a month ago. She-Hulk came out like 3 months ago now, there are five characters out that aren't in tokens (probably soon to be six), and a lot of people are stockpiling tokens waiting for some sort of announcement.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The "issue" at hand is that it's feasibly easier to attain 2* characters than 1* characters from a standard Recruit Token (or it's coming to an Event Horizon, I can't recall specifically) and that's not necessarily healthy for the game's progression - and we're also nearing this situation with 3* characters, because there are so many of them.

I don't like that they are with-holding them from the Token Pool, however, I do feel like it's the best choice for the game's economy and progression, until they decide on a final alternative.
  • In regards to tokens:

I think most of us would just prefer you do something soon rather than continuing to do nothing. Dilute the pool, split token pools and allow players to make pulls from the pool they want, or sandbox 2 cover villains. Or just increase the chance of getting 3 star covers rather than diluting. Its not that big of a deal. People are still getting 3 stars wayyyy faster from rewards than tokens anyway, IMO the drop rate could use a buff. Tokens are not how people are building rosters. But it is fun to see what you get. I'm not having as much fun when I play your game now..

Do something.....
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The "issue" at hand is that it's feasibly easier to attain 2* characters than 1* characters from a standard Recruit Token (or it's coming to an Event Horizon, I can't recall specifically) and that's not necessarily healthy for the game's progression - and we're also nearing this situation with 3* characters, because there are so many of them.

I don't like that they are with-holding them from the Token Pool, however, I do feel like it's the best choice for the game's economy and progression, until they decide on a final alternative.
    This doesn't make sense to me, because that's a weird way to think about how random chance would work in this situation. What I would assume is that a standard token (for example) would be something like: 70% chance for a 1*, 25% chance for a 2*, 4.9% chance for a 3*, .1% chance for a 4*. Within that 25% chance for a 2* character, you then have an equal chance to get any 2* character. (Same with all the other groups.) In other words: there are 2 rolls; one to see what level you get, and another to see what character you get in that level. It doesn't matter how many 2* characters there are, because you have a 25% chance to get one.

Your example is like saying there is a flat % rate for each character, which is a very odd way to do it. In fact that's a terrible way to do it, because you'd obviously run into the problem of having too many characters.

Either way, withholding characters from the pool isn't a bad thing. I think it'd be extremely confusing to anyone new to even imagine they would do it that way.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Lystrata wrote:
    Just curious, is there any word on graphics options? There are countless posts from people here about the absurdly blinding graphics. I acknowledge some people might like them, but many... many.. of us find them to be headache-inducing at best, and divorce-inducing at worst, when playing next to a sleeping partner (apparently :p ).

Hell, I don't even look at the loading screen - I just wait what I feel is an adequate amount of time to get rid of the 'start up flash' and be able to tap into the game. Cascades became a thing of terror, where I couldn't even watch the matches getting made, because of all the flashes that go off. I eventually dl'd Lux to dim my phone further than it ordinarily could, just for this game, but it's still crazy how awful those constant flashes are.

Posts have been made in Suggestions, General, etc... but nothing ever gets acknowledged. An option to turn 'being blinded' off would be great.

Lystrata,

The answer regarding graphics options - such as allowing dimming or turning off flashing.

It's something that's on the "Wish List" of options we'd like to add. When prioritizing features and fixes for the game, honestly, this is something that's lower on the list. Yes, we may add further graphics options at a later date, but please don't expect anything in the near future.
  • loroku wrote:

This doesn't make sense to me, because that's a weird way to think about how random chance would work in this situation. What I would assume is that a standard token (for example) would be something like: 70% chance for a 1*, 25% chance for a 2*, 4.9% chance for a 3*, .1% chance for a 4*. Within that 25% chance for a 2* character, you then have an equal chance to get any 2* character. (Same with all the other groups.) In other words: there are 2 rolls; one to see what level you get, and another to see what character you get in that level. It doesn't matter how many 2* characters there are, because you have a 25% chance to get one.

Your example is like saying there is a flat % rate for each character, which is a very odd way to do it. In fact that's a terrible way to do it, because you'd obviously run into the problem of having too many characters.

Either way, withholding characters from the pool isn't a bad thing. I think it'd be extremely confusing to anyone new to even imagine they would do it that way.

It matters how many characters there are because you need around 10 covers in a single character before that character does anything but take up roster space
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,306 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It just occurred to me, wouldn't it solve the token dilution problem crating a 3* "epic" (or whatever) recruit token? Standard and heroic would still have a chance of opening 3*s (with an always-diminishing chance of opening any given cover), while "epic" would be drawing from the much smaller pool of 3 and 4 star characters. I'm pretty sure that D3 would find a way to make a fair scheme of rewarding those. (for instance giving one "epic" instead of two heroic for top placements and so on.)
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    It matters how many characters there are because you need around 10 covers in a single character before that character does anything but take up roster space
    Just replying because I don't see how your statement interacts with mine in any way.
  • 9fingers
    9fingers Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hi not sure where to post findings on nef foes but im struggling to beat teams evenmore than usual only at 90 pts and already facing xforce sentry hood daken teams... Pretty demotivating .
    On a side note, are you nerfing thor coz i just spent money on covers for him - it'd put me off spending again.
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hello everyone!

David [Hi-Fi] Moore here. I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I’m the new D3 Community Manager and I’m excited to be jumping into the game with all of you!

My goal is to listen and feel the pulse of the community, relaying your thoughts and concerns to D3 and the dev teams. I also aim to bring you fresh information and updates as quickly as I can. I’ve been a life-long game-player and I know how important it is to have an avenue for conversation with those behind-the-scenes. Things don’t always work as planned, or aren’t communicated as clearly as possible and this can lead to player frustration. I hope to be the grease on the squeaky wheel…uh…so to speak.

A bit about me. I’ve worked in games journalism; running my own Web Sites and freelancing for others. I’ve also worked extensively in video game quality assurance and production. Like many of you, I grew up reading and loving Marvel Comics. My personal faves being Captain America, Thor and any stories involving The Thing engaged in “Clobberin’.” Anyone remember Master of Kung Fu or Marvel’s version of Conan the Barbarian? Old school awesomeness!

Please bear with me as I get up to speed with Marvel Puzzle Quest (and all of our games here) and get to know you fine folks in the community. I won’t be able to respond to every inquiry, and I won’t have every answer, but I can assure you I will be listening and relaying your pressing issues and excellent ideas to those that need to hear them.
    I look forward to working with you all. Excelsior!

P.S. 'Hi-Fi' stands for 'High-Fidelity.'

Hi David [Hi-Fi] Moore

Who and how should contact to get a resolve for negative exp bar on my characters?
    I am a returning player had this issues since Jan 2015 and it had not fixed itself.

Thanks
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ffdw wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hello everyone!

David [Hi-Fi] Moore here. I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I’m the new D3 Community Manager and I’m excited to be jumping into the game with all of you!

My goal is to listen and feel the pulse of the community, relaying your thoughts and concerns to D3 and the dev teams. I also aim to bring you fresh information and updates as quickly as I can. I’ve been a life-long game-player and I know how important it is to have an avenue for conversation with those behind-the-scenes. Things don’t always work as planned, or aren’t communicated as clearly as possible and this can lead to player frustration. I hope to be the grease on the squeaky wheel…uh…so to speak.

A bit about me. I’ve worked in games journalism; running my own Web Sites and freelancing for others. I’ve also worked extensively in video game quality assurance and production. Like many of you, I grew up reading and loving Marvel Comics. My personal faves being Captain America, Thor and any stories involving The Thing engaged in “Clobberin’.” Anyone remember Master of Kung Fu or Marvel’s version of Conan the Barbarian? Old school awesomeness!

Please bear with me as I get up to speed with Marvel Puzzle Quest (and all of our games here) and get to know you fine folks in the community. I won’t be able to respond to every inquiry, and I won’t have every answer, but I can assure you I will be listening and relaying your pressing issues and excellent ideas to those that need to hear them.
    I look forward to working with you all. Excelsior!

P.S. 'Hi-Fi' stands for 'High-Fidelity.'

Hi David [Hi-Fi] Moore

Who and how should contact to get a resolve for negative exp bar on my characters?
    I am a returning player had this issues since Jan 2015 and it had not fixed itself.

Thanks
    Please go to https://d3publisherofamerica.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and open a support ticket.