Greetings From The D3 Community Manager

Comments

• _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    The UK / EU players here have serious issues with event end times and have never had any response from a D3 or Demiurge to our posts or posts or PMs. Anything you can do to improve communication on this major problem would be greatly appreciated.

An ideal solution for International players, including those in the UK & Europe, regarding event times hasn't yet been found. I can confirm though, that this topic is being discussed internally. It is something D3 and Demiurge are aware of.
    :: Reads that D3P/Demiurge 'are aware of the problem'. ::
    :: Notices that the heroic event awarding Colossus as a new character ends at an EU-unfriendly timeslot at < 6AM in the morning, again ::

"Wow! What a surprise", said no-one ever.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin

Lots of fake accounts are set up for spambots. You can stop the problem for a week with a mass ban. It'll just take a minute.

Definitely an idea with merit. A possible problem with mass bans would be accidentally banning legitimate forum users. Granted, the number would be very small. The idea has been taken into consideration and may be implemented soon.
  • _RiO_ wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    The UK / EU players here have serious issues with event end times and have never had any response from a D3 or Demiurge to our posts or posts or PMs. Anything you can do to improve communication on this major problem would be greatly appreciated.

An ideal solution for International players, including those in the UK & Europe, regarding event times hasn't yet been found. I can confirm though, that this topic is being discussed internally. It is something D3 and Demiurge are aware of.
    :: Reads that D3P/Demiurge 'are aware of the problem'. ::
    :: Notices that the heroic event awarding Colossus as a new character ends at an EU-unfriendly timeslot at < 6AM in the morning, again ::

"Wow! What a surprise", said no-one ever.
    Since no ideal solution has been found yet, thus status quo is the order of the day.
  • Lots of fake accounts are set up for spambots. You can stop the problem for a week with a mass ban. It'll just take a minute.

Seriously...given the help Nonce provides for free even as a regular forumite: whoever at D3 had a problem with him, they might want to reconsider their position.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2014
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Lots of fake accounts are set up for spambots. You can stop the problem for a week with a mass ban. It'll just take a minute.

Definitely an idea with merit. A possible problem with mass bans would be accidentally banning legitimate forum users. Granted, the number would be very small. The idea has been taken into consideration and may be implemented soon.

Start with those that have negative rep with 0 posts.
    --- These guys were downvoted by forum members and had their posts removed by Devs / moderators, but weren't banned likely due to expediency. They can spam again.

Next, massban the members that got negative rep with a single post.
    --- A sample one is Ksqfjari who supposedly has two posts, but it's invisible to non-moderators, thus his posts are hidden in the moderator area.

And then do a mass ban on people that signed up with sketchy names that have zero posts
    -- gambit77 and harveydent1947 could be removed, but most here made accounts more than a week ago and never posted. It's a simple matter to unban someone. This would be the group to be most careful with. The other two groups have already had their messages deleted or hidden by devs, they just haven't been formally banned.

Member gsdg00Vbf from that list just verified he's a spammer. So it's not been implemented yet. One group makes fake accounts, and sells them to the spammers.

agqdxx120940, leopard53y, hktfqogcy, dfgh9fdff and dfg63dflg are among many on the list above that sent confirmation messages that they're spammers.

And "may be implemented soon" -- it takes twenty seconds to do each list.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Nonce; Surely you can acknowledge that banning individual accounts is fruitless. They are legion. There are always more. Something is better than nothing is a legitimate stance, but it seems like a bit of an exercise in futility if they haven't spammed yet. Also, I feel like he may have assumed that your use of the term "massban" he assumed you meant to ban their IP Range (because until your last post, so did I), which would potentially ban legitimate users, current and future.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    @Nonce; Surely you can acknowledge that banning individual accounts is fruitless. They are legion. There are always more. Something is better than nothing is a legitimate stance, but it seems like a bit of an exercise in futility if they haven't spammed yet. Also, I feel like he may have assumed that your use of the term "massban" he assumed you meant to ban their IP Range (because until your last post, so did I), which would potentially ban legitimate users, current and future.

There's a Ban operation. You can ban 1 person at a time, or a long list. I prepared the list for them.

Banning IP addresses also works ... most of these are from China, and their IP addresses are blacklisted by most boards.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Banning IP addresses also works ... most of these are from China, and their IP addresses are blacklisted by most boards.

China is definitely one of those arguable slippery slopes. Most of them can't access our services without some dirty work anyways, in which case, the IP Range ban wouldn't affect them anyways.
  • Welcome David icon_e_biggrin.gif

Don't listen to the complains about rosters the game is fine as it is.
  • Teno1 wrote:
    Welcome David icon_e_biggrin.gif

Don't listen to the complains about rosters the game is fine as it is.

I consider myself an optimists when it comes to this game, but even I have to reply on this one. The game is better than alot of people believe, but could definitely see improvement.
  • Welcome David. Having you aboard is definitely a good sign. I'm curious on how you will be collecting feedback other than reading the forums. I have visions of us stalking you through various random threads you post on and peppering you with questions-not pretty icon_lol.gif
    I know there has been discussion in the past of the boredom of grinding during pve's and how it can burnout players. Any solutions on the horizon?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    One week in the books. Let's look at some members of the leaderboard:

Nonce Equitaur 2 - 5.33 posts per day
    Northern Polarity - 8.40
    Ben Grimm - 7.30
    Phantron - 18.31 per day (no really, no typos)

IceIX - 5.88 per day
    David Moore - 3.08 per day

Maybe I just don't understand the role's purpose, but I was hoping the community manager would be a bit more active and not just a different employee posting Patch notes.
  • add a rule where game will not allow you to swap alliance members in the final 12 hours of play. Problem solved.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    bowkpr561994 is another spammer that sent in a confirmation message. One of many spammers on my list above.
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Hi David,

Can you find out why the cover rewards were recently changed in PVP?

It used to be that for top 100 you would get cover A, at top 25 you would get covers A and B, at top 5 you would get A, B, and C, and for alliance top 100 you would get cover C. Now, top 100 alliance gets you cover A. This can be beneficial when the top 100 cover is the better power (as in the recent Captain Marvel and Falcon rewards), but it makes the top 5 cover really hard to attain for transitioning players.

I was just wondering if this change was intentional or not.

Hi EM84,

Here's the word from IceIX regarding cover rewards. Hope it helps:

"Having C be the reward was causing Alliances to do lots of random (and otherwise useless) flip flopping if they knew they were going to get the cover reward but that individual members wouldn’t necessarily get the reward.

You saw it a lot in the multiple Alliance Alliances where members would hop from one to another. The way it is now with A being the reward, it’s an added bonus for placing well, but should be something individual players are going for anyways.

Keep in mind that we also rotate the colors for the rewards when we feature a character again in an Event or Versus, so if A is doubled this time, B or C will likely be the low/doubled reward next time.
    "

So because of a people in a few alliances, all 2000 players in the top 100 alliances get penalized? Moreover, I do not belive the cover change will affect the flip flopping. The flip flopping is a product of better placement (HP and ISO), not ccovers.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Are their any good pics from the mega party yall had last night when the numbers came in?
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin

There's a Ban operation. You can ban 1 person at a time, or a long list. I prepared the list for them.

A huge "mass" banning of spammers has been undertaken today. We'll keep an eye on how this works out and how many legitimate users, if any, may have been caught in the net.

*Note: If you believe you have been banned in error - please do not hesitate to contact us. An address is provided in the notification.*
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]

A huge "mass" banning of spammers has been undertaken today. We'll keep an eye on how this works out and how many legitimate users, if any, may have been caught in the net.
    For those curious (Nonce), Hi-Fi's dragnet snagged 677 accounts. That's pretty stellar and will hopefully give us some respite for a few days (hopefully a longer term solution can be implemented soon).
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    One week in the books. Let's look at some members of the leaderboard:

Nonce Equitaur 2 - 5.33 posts per day
    Northern Polarity - 8.40
    Ben Grimm - 7.30
    Phantron - 18.31 per day (no really, no typos)

IceIX - 5.88 per day
    David Moore - 3.08 per day

Maybe I just don't understand the role's purpose, but I was hoping the community manager would be a bit more active and not just a different employee posting Patch notes.

Meh, normal posters talk a lot about their opinions on game balance, direction of the game, new characters, etc. David hasn't been playing the game for that long, and even if he were, he isn't really supposed to be talking about what he thinks about Colossus or whatever. His role is to make sure that we aren't pissed and up in arms, sift through all the stuff that we talk about, and relay the important parts to the devs (at least that's what I think it is): this doesn't really require posting a whole lot.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]At launch, the max was 50 and we raised it to 100 quite a while back. Can always be raised again. We do have some ideas that could change that paradigm though which would naturally mean more required Comic Slots. It’d then be worth it at that time to take another look at pricing.

Wouldn’t help to have high end players need 150 slots and have no way of doing that outside of paying in to do it."
    If you change up the pricing please be kind to anyone who has already purchased whatever slots are affected. icon_razz.gif

Unrelated: are there going to be any sales upcoming? Interested in getting some HP but I have terrible timing with buying things right before sales. icon_e_smile.gif