Greetings From The D3 Community Manager

Comments

• Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Why do you have a nickname?
  • Since you ignoring everyone else that is asking the same question figured I'll ask too. Whats the news on the character update?
  • Hi hi, welcome, and good luck with the cat herding.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    What are your thoughts on Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel? What about Tales of Xillia 1 & 2?
  • Hello and welcome.
    (I don't think it's a good sign when the community manager's first thread is invaded by spam.)
    (Unrelated: Woo, 100th post. Move along)
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    The UK / EU players here have serious issues with event end times and have never had any response from a D3 or Demiurge to our posts or posts or PMs. Anything you can do to improve communication on this major problem would be greatly appreciated.

An ideal solution for International players, including those in the UK & Europe, regarding event times hasn't yet been found. I can confirm though, that this topic is being discussed internally. It is something D3 and Demiurge are aware of.

Thank goodness. As others have mentioned, being able to choose your start time within a certain window is one solution that's been suggested multiple times (i.e. have the event running at three different times, one that ends at midnight for EU players, one that ends at midnight for US players, one that ends at midnight for East Asia players, etc.) and let players choose which they want to use. I'm really tired of waking up at 4AM to be able to compete in PvE events. icon_lol.gif
  • What are your thoughts on Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel? What about Tales of Xillia 1 & 2?

Not to be disrepectful GothicKratos, but does it matter? I dont give a big tinykitty what he thinks about CoD. In here i just want to know his thoughts on MPQ.

Welcome David and I hope you keep up the communication. And Pylgrim's post above is a fantastic and very well written suggestion that you should take note of. Also i completely agree with everybody that has suggested you listen to Nonce, even as a Mod he had the balls to tell it like it is and question D3 (which is presumably why he is no longer a Mod) and I hope that we get a similar level of commitment from your good self.

There are a load of helpful and good people here, A whole heap of moaners too (myself included icon_e_biggrin.gif )

Good Luck!!!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Howdy Dave. You really ought to get into contact with Nonce Equitaur. He basically was the guy who did your job before he was booted off the mod staff. He's got his finger on the pulse.
    You know, a community manager does more than fight spam, post polls, and make convoluted suggestions for new features.
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hello everyone!

I grew up reading and loving Marvel Comics. My personal faves being Captain America, Thor and any stories involving The Thing engaged in “Clobberin’.”
    Hello and welcome to MPQ David Hi-Fi Moore.

It's interesting that you enjoy reading Fantastic Four (any insights into the rumors of Ben Grimm joining the character rostrum?) as I remember one particular issue of the FF when Gladiator came down to earth chasing Skrulls (think it was across issue 249 - 250 'Ed'). Gladiator picked up the Baxter building and clobbered the FF in the process, stretched Mr Fantastic all over the city and laid waste to them mistakenly of course, which was awesome.

The point of me remembering that particular story is, oh well, prepare to be Clobbered icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    The UK / EU players here have serious issues with event end times and have never had any response from a D3 or Demiurge to our posts or posts or PMs. Anything you can do to improve communication on this major problem would be greatly appreciated.

An ideal solution for International players, including those in the UK & Europe, regarding event times hasn't yet been found. I can confirm though, that this topic is being discussed internally. It is something D3 and Demiurge are aware of.

Thank goodness. As others have mentioned, being able to choose your start time within a certain window is one solution that's been suggested multiple times (i.e. have the event running at three different times, one that ends at midnight for EU players, one that ends at midnight for US players, one that ends at midnight for East Asia players, etc.) and let players choose which they want to use. I'm really tired of waking up at 4AM to be able to compete in PvE events. icon_lol.gif
    I honestly don't understand why the ending times aren't simply rotated. I'm on the east coast and from what I can see the events end at either 1AM or 12 noon. I've never seen another ending time, but it seems simple enough to cause an event to end at a prime time for players in different time zones. Sure, having separate event ending times would be even better, but in the meantime, what exactly is making this so hard?
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    DayvBang wrote:
    Howdy Dave. You really ought to get into contact with Nonce Equitaur. He basically was the guy who did your job before he was booted off the mod staff. He's got his finger on the pulse.
    You know, a community manager does more than fight spam, post polls, and make convoluted suggestions for new features.

Someone's sassy today.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did someone warn him already that the wheel isn't so much "squeaky" as opposed to eye wincing, pain inducing screeching... and that's when it even does move. icon_e_sad.gif
    Er... I mean...

36502215.jpg
  • DayvBang wrote:

A CM does a lot of things but I fear people may have an unrealistic expectation of what he does and how it impacts us. He is a voice for players and for the dev team but in the end paid by D3/Demiurge. I really sincerely hope that he can help the the dev team understand where we are coming from. Its hard for me to stay positive though due to the dev team saying they have been watching the boards all along and never made any real positive changes for the players (or so it seems). Some stuff has been ok, not totally horrible but not enough to outweigh the bad I guess.

I guess my feeling is if they didn't listen to us, why listen to him? But we'll see. I am really trying to stay open and see what happens. I hope its not just a person who is just simply paid to pretty up the explanations and help all the bad changes seem more palatable. Which I guess is more than we are getting now so yay!

Welcome aboard Dave!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kelbris wrote:
    Someone's sassy today.
    I wore my sassy pants and everything!
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Hi-Fi

Do we know what your role means for IceIX's presence on the boards? I assume it to mean that you will be on the board each day while Ice visits every so often but doesn't disappear.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    The PACman wrote:
    What are your thoughts on Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel? What about Tales of Xillia 1 & 2?

Not to be disrepectful GothicKratos, but does it matter? I dont give a big tinykitty what he thinks about CoD. In here i just want to know his thoughts on MPQ.

Not to be disrespectful, but I have every right to ask him whatever I want to ask him, and you have no place to tell me otherwise, but because I'm a real gentleman, I'll let you in on a little hint; I don't want a robot as a Community Manager and I want to be able to talk to them outside of the narrow scope of a Match-3 game. A human being might actually care about it's community. Additionally, he already mentioned, if you bothered to even read his post, that he is still getting acquainted with MPQ, so it's likely he has little to say, even more so since his tenure at D3/Demiurge has been probably a little over two weeks, he likely has little to add on the technical side, or he probably would have already.
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"] I won’t be able to respond to every inquiry, and I won’t have every answer, but I can assure you I will be listening and relaying your pressing issues and excellent ideas to those that need to hear them.

I would be much more excited if there was any evidence that the devs were actually capable of listening to issues or ideas that come from the user base. As it is, all I can say is good luck trying to do a job that is impossible.
  • Hey look, d3 bought a new puppet
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Typhon13 wrote:
    Hey look, d3 bought a new puppet

I don't have the rep. someone down vote this for me!
  • Typhon13 wrote:
    Hey look, d3 bought a new puppet

There is a difference between being skeptical and being just plain rude. I realize that the expectations of the CM/Player Base relationship run the gambit of no chance to high hopes, but can we at least not bash a guy who has only just introduced himself? With posts like yours, he is going to lose the desire to help us before he puts a picture of a loved one on his desk.