Greetings From The D3 Community Manager

Options

Comments

• David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi all,

Thanks for the warm welcome, "good luck" and suggestions.

And, yes - I'm on the West Coast, US. The majority of my posts will be weekdays, Pacific time frame.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bem-vindo! Welcome! We need Moore High Fidelity Dave icon_lol.gif
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    Welcome!

R60. When?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Welcome Dave. Make sure to take your time and get to know the game. 5 min should do right?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi, Fidelity!

(They already said R60 is waiting on gatekeeper approval, guys. The ways of Apple are Mysterious And Ineffable.)
  • Howdy Dave. You really ought to get into contact with Nonce Equitaur. He basically was the guy who did your job before he was booted off the mod staff. He's got his finger on the pulse.
  • Hi David,

The UK / EU players here have serious issues with event end times and have never had any response from a D3 or Demiurge to our posts or posts or PMs. Anything you can do to improve communication on this major problem would be greatly appreciated.

You'll find a good read on the issue in the first two pages of this board...
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Hi David,

The UK / EU players here have serious issues with event end times and have never had any response from a D3 or Demiurge to our posts or posts or PMs. Anything you can do to improve communication on this major problem would be greatly appreciated.

What did you do, you jinxed this thread! icon_lol.gif
    Although I might have jinxed it by demanding news on R60, too...
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Howdy Dave. You really ought to get into contact with Nonce Equitaur. He basically was the guy who did your job before he was booted off the mod staff. He's got his finger on the pulse.

Booted off for making this summary of official posts to illustrate the ongoing gloominess of D3 actions.

Fortunately, they've turned things around since then -- R60 theoretically has some good stuff in it.
  • Welcome David
  • Welcome to the shark tank... And listen to Nonce Equitor... he is probably the best poster on the board.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Welcome David. Hopefully we'll get some info on the new patch soon.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Welcome fresh meat. May you escape the grinder.

Could your first order of business be to appoint some new mods that will be active? Barring that, could you implement some real spam controls for the board?
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rabscutle wrote:
    Welcome to the shark tank... And listen to Nonce Equitor... he is probably the best poster on the board.

There are plenty of great posters, especially TheUnwiseOne, Twysta, Clintman, Ben Grimm, Ghast, Phantron, gamar, HailMary, mischiefmaker, NorthernPolarity, locked, pasa_, and IceIX.

Some of these members have posted retirement threads explaining why they've quit the game. These would be good reading for our community moderator.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Welcome to the forums, Hi-Fi.
  • locked wrote:
    Hi David,

What did you do, you jinxed this thread! icon_lol.gif
    Although I might have jinxed it by demanding news on R60, too...

So if one of you jinxed it and then the other one jinxed the first jinx, do they cancel each other out?

I'm not sure how thread posting math works.
  • Congrats! and Welcome.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Congrats on the new position. Exactly will be your responsibilities be here when it comes to these forums? Are you going to be the one that will be posting our regular release updates and character balance changes? If so, could you also start including graphs and such so it can be easier to understand for some people? I can offer my services pro-bono if I can be provided with the data. icon_e_smile.gif Honestly though, we could really use those numbers in an easily available format since they wont tell us stuff like future plans.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options

An ideal solution for International players, including those in the UK & Europe, regarding event times hasn't yet been found. I can confirm though, that this topic is being discussed internally. It is something D3 and Demiurge are aware of.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hi David,

Last I checked it was Captain America, not Captain Europe or Captain England.