Greetings From The D3 Community Manager

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Hello everyone!

David [Hi-Fi] Moore here. I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I’m the new D3 Community Manager and I’m excited to be jumping into the game with all of you!

My goal is to listen and feel the pulse of the community, relaying your thoughts and concerns to D3 and the dev teams. I also aim to bring you fresh information and updates as quickly as I can. I’ve been a life-long game-player and I know how important it is to have an avenue for conversation with those behind-the-scenes. Things don’t always work as planned, or aren’t communicated as clearly as possible and this can lead to player frustration. I hope to be the grease on the squeaky wheel…uh…so to speak.

A bit about me. I’ve worked in games journalism; running my own Web Sites and freelancing for others. I’ve also worked extensively in video game quality assurance and production. Like many of you, I grew up reading and loving Marvel Comics. My personal faves being Captain America, Thor and any stories involving The Thing engaged in “Clobberin’.” Anyone remember Master of Kung Fu or Marvel’s version of Conan the Barbarian? Old school awesomeness!

Please bear with me as I get up to speed with Marvel Puzzle Quest (and all of our games here) and get to know you fine folks in the community. I won’t be able to respond to every inquiry, and I won’t have every answer, but I can assure you I will be listening and relaying your pressing issues and excellent ideas to those that need to hear them.
I look forward to working with you all. Excelsior!

P.S. 'Hi-Fi' stands for 'High-Fidelity.'

Comments

• Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hello, and welcome to Complainers Central. icon_lol.gif
  • Hi boss, welcome aboard!
  • Hullo. You're in for a tough job. icon_e_wink.gif
  • MennoKnight
    MennoKnight Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Welcome Hi-Fi!
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Hello, David! Nice to see a Marvel fan and a long-time game lover in such a position.
    I guess everyone is curious as to what is delaying the R60 patch.

If you are not curious, shoo, shoo, you got nothing to do here.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For collecting community pulse, when will you put out your first poll? For example, 15 suggestions, Daredevil poll, Character rankings, or Annoying opponents.

How much upcoming schedule can you discuss?
  • An update on the update would be awesome.

BTW, hi.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    edited September 2014
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]I will be listening and relaying your pressing issues and excellent ideas to those that need to hear them.

When you get to ten or so excellent ideas from the forum that will be taken seriously, could you make a post about those ten ideas, with links?

Have you looked at all of the posts that have gone green?
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    And the flood begins!!! BTW, welcome! We're very happy to have you! I think you'll do a great job and we appreciate you taking this position as it feels like we are only kinda sorta maybe being heard. Welcome tho!!!
  • Welcome. Let us know what you need to know. If you know what you need to know, that is. If you don't know it, you might not know that you need to know it.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Welcome to the local crocodile pit! I hope you've got thick skin. icon_razz.gif

P.S. - Also, yes, an update on the update would be nice. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • hello and good luck hi-fi

hope we will be getting more info from now on, agree with locked the the r60 update would be a good place to start!
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Welcome to the Jungle.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Welcome!

May I suggest to check in here more often than every three days? icon_e_wink.gif
  • Greetings. Hope you have good things to tell us, or at least things.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Could you address the three errors in the R60 announcement?

1. Daken: "Changed color strengths from Black/Green/Purple to Black/Purple/Blue." (Daken's tile strength is Green/Black/Purple)
    2. X-Force: Surgical Strike damage, 5 covers -- starts at 265 damage per tile, maxes out at 270 damage per tile.
    IceIX wrote:
      Surgical Strike - Black 11 AP Wolverine attacks with ruthless precision, crippling his enemy's ability to retaliate. Destroys every tile in the enemy team's strongest color, dealing 32 damage per tile. Does not generate AP. Level Upgrades Level 2: Deals 87 damage per tile. Level 3: Deals 137 damage per tile. Level 4: Also reduces enemy AP in their strongest color by 10. Level 5: Deals 265 damage per tile. Destroyed tiles now generate AP. Max Level: 270 damage per tile

3. Mistakes made in Magneto's power.
    IceIX wrote:
    Old
      Magnetic Translocation - Purple 10 AP
      Exploiting metals buried in the earth, Magneto lifts and moves huge sections of the battlefield, dropping them violently. Swaps up to 5 random Blue tiles with Red tiles. Does 38 damage for each swap.
      Level 4: Swaps up to 9 tiles. Max damage 546 per swap.
      Level 5: Swaps up to 13 tiles. Max damage 636 per swap.

New
        Magnetized Projectiles - Blue 10 AP
        Magneto turns metallic objects into deadly projectiles, causing devastation and chaos. Swaps up to 5 random Blue tiles with Red tiles. Does 93 damage for each swap.
        Level 4: Does 169 damage for each swap.
        Level 5: Swaps up to 7 random tiles and does 224 damage for each swap.
        Max Level: 713 damage per swap. Max damage of 4991.
        [/list]

But the old skill is actually the following -- the "old" data above is from the level 141 cap, and now we're at a level 166 cap.
          Magnetic Translocation - Purple 10 AP
          Exploiting metals buried in the earth, Magneto lifts and moves huge sections of the battlefield, dropping them violently. Swaps up to 5 random Blue tiles with Red tiles. Does 38 damage for each swap.
          Level Upgrades
            Level 2: Swaps up to 6 tiles. Level 3: Swaps up to 7 tiles. Max damage 457 per swap. Level 4: Swaps up to 9 tiles. Max damage 640 per swap. Level 5: Swaps up to 13 tiles. Max damage 745 per swap.

One thing that has upset the community in the past is officially releasing wrong information and not fixing it. This frequently happens when a post is made but comments against it aren't read. When a person says "I will be listening" but can't correct obvious errors in official announcements, there is a obvious problem.
        • Welcome, my initial advice would be to get Nonce's phone number and give him a call, I am sure he can spend hours giving you a run down of most of the recent complaints/concerns/questions/suggestions.

Only other suggestion for the time being is, be vocal. Don't fall back into the days when it would be multiple weeks in between communications. People will throw a lot of questions your way, but feel free to ask if there is anything we as a community can help clarify for you while you are getting settled in.
        • Nonce Equitaur 2
          Options
          And he's gone ...
        • I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! You're not my real dad!

Welcome to the forum. icon_e_smile.gif
        • Good luck to you David... the forum community is filled with people who love to **** about everything and anything!