Greetings From The D3 Community Manager

Comments

• David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    rabscutle wrote:
    Welcome to the shark tank... And listen to Nonce Equitor... he is probably the best poster on the board.

There are plenty of great posters, especially TheUnwiseOne, Twysta, Clintman, Ben Grimm, Ghast, Phantron, gamar, HailMary, mischiefmaker, NorthernPolarity, locked, pasa_, and IceIX.

Some of these members have posted retirement threads explaining why they've quit the game. These would be good reading for our community moderator.

Thank you, Nonce for all of your helpful work on the forums and your passion and suggestions. There's definitely a great community here and a lot of good folks to get to know.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    The UK / EU players here have serious issues with event end times and have never had any response from a D3 or Demiurge to our posts or posts or PMs. Anything you can do to improve communication on this major problem would be greatly appreciated.

An ideal solution for International players, including those in the UK & Europe, regarding event times hasn't yet been found. I can confirm though, that this topic is being discussed internally. It is something D3 and Demiurge are aware of.

The obvious solution is a free, fully-covered, fully-leveled, Sentry-comparable version of Captain Britain as a gift for all European players.
  • GTannen73
    GTannen73 Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    The UK / EU players here have serious issues with event end times and have never had any response from a D3 or Demiurge to our posts or posts or PMs. Anything you can do to improve communication on this major problem would be greatly appreciated.

An ideal solution for International players, including those in the UK & Europe, regarding event times hasn't yet been found. I can confirm though, that this topic is being discussed internally. It is something D3 and Demiurge are aware of.

If I may add my $.02...(full disclosure: I live in Eastern time, USA)

What if, instead of having events end at 12 hour intervals (noon or midnight ET for PvE, 1 ET for PvP), they were rotated at 6 hour intervals instead? As in 12, 6, 12, 6 for PvE, and 1, 7, 1, 7 for PvP. Then you can just work the details out so that the European players aren't always getting the horrible end times for the best events (such as the ones that release new characters). That seems like it would be a bit fairer all the way around the globe.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, 1 AM ET weeknight end times suck for literally everyone except west coasters and pacific islanders, so can we at least do something about that?
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let me know if you want the spam problem fixed again.
  • Hi and welcome.

Is this the thread where we get to annoy you with questions? If so, what's your favourite game(s)? (Please don't say mpq)
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Thanks for replying, even if it's just to acknowledge the issue. The most feasible solution suggested in the forums so far are variations on a similar theme - allowing players to select one of two or three start/finish times at the start of the event. Similar games where this has been implemented are given as examples.
  • Nighthawk81
    Nighthawk81 Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Welcome Dave. I don't post much but I am around a lot. Hopefully everybody will benefit from your being here.
  • When are we ever going to boost hulk? He's supposed to be this indestructible all powerful beast, yet his powers are easily being surpassed by characters like daredevil, or classic magneto. (Anybody else feel like his powers don't do him justice?) and of course welcome and any update on the update would be appreciated.
  • When are we ever going to boost hulk? He's supposed to be this indestructible all powerful beast, yet his powers are easily being surpassed by characters like daredevil, or classic magneto. (Anybody else feel like his powers don't do him justice?) and of course welcome and any update on the update would be appreciated.
    Angry hulk needs to be angryer.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

The obvious solution is a free, fully-covered, fully-leveled, Sentry-comparable version of Captain Britain as a gift for all European players.

Damn, that would be an excellent idea! I'm in the US (Oregon), but I hear and can see how the EU players get the mighty shaft. That would thoroughly upset me and would cause all kinds of rage, but props to the EU for keeping it together! I think they most definitely deserve something like that. Let them put a vote to what character they want too tho.
  • Welcome.

I can tell you the things people most want to know today are about the release of the impending patch as well as when the newer heroes such as deadpool being added to token drops?
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Can you tag people in posts?? Probably not, but hopefully you get time to read this Mr. Hi-Fi. I was hoping you could tell the team to eliminate "burst" healing powers. AKA Spider-Man, She-Hulk, Beast. They're stupid. Like incredibly stupid! Plus they eliminate a space for a viable power. Spider-Man could have a web-lasso that he uses to smash the enemy team into each other. She-Hulk could have a super punch power. Beast should create shields with the yellow and when blue is out, create shields and strike tiles. As of now, healing is stupid!! OBW has the nice countdown timer increase, so I like that. I use that. But the healing portion no longer is of any use. So as they create new characters, please tell them to NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER make another "burst of health" power. We hate it.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Hi and welcome.

Is this the thread where we get to annoy you with questions? If so, what's your favourite game(s)? (Please don't say mpq)

Where to begin?!

I plan on picking up Destiny tomorrow. I keep spending money on Diablo III as it's released on new formats. I spent far more time than I planned last weekend carving out a fresh Minecraft world on Xbox One. I'll probably pick up the next WoW Expansion to see what's changed. I get to mention Earth Defense Force, right? EDF!

All-Time faves: Team Fortress series, Half-Life, Asheron's Call, GTA, Final Fantasy series, Mass Effect series, the first (WWII) CoD, Day of Defeat, Animal Crossing, Age of Empires, The Last of Us, etc. I could go on!

My most anticipated games are Dragon Age Inquisition and No Man's Sky.
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Hey David welcome. I would like to know if there is any discussion on rebalancing of sentry going on or is he considered balanced because you have to pay in either health packs or shields to keep going with him?
  • I give him 3 days before somebody scares him off.

WHY U NO FIX GAME FO MEEE???
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]My personal faves being Captain America, Thor and any stories involving The Thing engaged in “Clobberin’.”

Does that mean you'll be pushing for the Thing and Mr. Fantastic to join the ranks of released characters sooner than later?
  • dragma wrote:
    When are we ever going to boost hulk? He's supposed to be this indestructible all powerful beast, yet his powers are easily being surpassed by characters like daredevil, or classic magneto. (Anybody else feel like his powers don't do him justice?) and of course welcome and any update on the update would be appreciated.
    Angry hulk needs to be angryer.

His thunderous clap needs to be more thunderous, and his smash needs to really SMASH! I think he's in desperate need of a boost. Yes?
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Welcome David, no questions but I'm glad to finally see a positive change being made. I have not spent money on this game in a while because I haven't seen anything being done that benefits the players. It's my hope that you can represent the player base and at least let us feel like we are being heard in the midst of what seems like an endless money grab by D3.

I love this game and want to spend money but can't as long as it's obviously a rip off!

I work hard for my money(as do most people) and I'll happily spend it. For the amount a lot of people spend, not only could you buy any AAA title you want, you could buy a top of the line computer to play it on.

If it changes you'll get my money, if not I'll play as long as I can for free until D3 forces me to quit.
    Hoping for more positive changes. Power to the people!
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,327 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi David, and welcome. I read that you are still getting acquainted with the game. Can we ask you a favour? Please start from the very beginning, like a regular player. I'm guessing that D3 has provided you with a fully unlocked game so you can test all features and characters as necessary, but I believe that approach conveniently avoids many sinkholes that progressing players experience. So please, go ahead and start a new game, be one of us.

Experience the disappointment that is finding a pay-barrier early in the game when you get many covers but the slots to place them are lumped up together costing much more of the early-game rare currency that HP is, than players can possibly get before the covers expire. Experience being a transitioning 2* to 3* player and being punished for winning by entering mmr hell. Experience crazy event end times. Experience the uselessness of non "true-healing" abilities when you only have a few characters that are battle-ready and every single game represents a loss of the limited health packs meaning that you cannot play as much as you'd want (unless you pay, over and over). Experience upgrading the first characters you get, all wide eyed and hopeful and eventually learn that they are completely worthless, like Bullseye, Moonstone, Yelena, Bagman and others. Experience becoming a competitive player and seeing the same 2-4 overpowered characters over and over and over, because the rest simply are not good enough to compete.

These and many other things are experienced by a progressing player but not by a developer with all the tools and inside knowledge they have at hand. Even if some "features" that cause grief to players are entirely necessary for one reason or the other, it's your (D3's, not only you) job to make sure players understand and are given reasons to be happy about it.